Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Nothing You Nor I Have Done Can Guarantee Making Heaven – God’s Grace Alone! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing You Nor I Have Done Can Guarantee Making Heaven – God’s Grace Alone! (101 Views)

Preparing For Rapture, Part 12; Crisis In Heaven (god's Emergency Plan) / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nothing You Nor I Have Done Can Guarantee Making Heaven – God’s Grace Alone! by xproducer: 2:15am On Jan 31, 2022
No matter your color, creed, race, religion, logic… humankind, since the fall and rebellion of man, has been in enmity (i.e. the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something)… with / to GOD.

But GOD in HIS tender mercies has provided a way of / to escape the required judgment for sin - which is death – particularly the second death –

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8 (also Revelation 2:11, Revelation 20:6, Revelation 20:14)

There is only one Holy One – the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - "The Righteous" (1 John 2:1) - through Whom we can ever be reconciled to GOD – Who stood as a Substitute for many sinners – “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” – Isaiah 53: 5 (see entire Isaiah chapter 53)

Nothing you or I have ever one or do can ever qualify us to stand confidently before the Holy GOD Almighty, but for His tender mercies, calling and election!

“What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?” - Romans 9:14-24

Salvation from righteous judgment / condemnation for sin is by grace alone:

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” - Ephesians 2:5-9 ("The word quicken is used in the King James of the Bible, and it means “revive or make alive.” If something is living, it is “quick”; to “quicken” something is to bring it to life or restore it to a former flourishing condition." )

While it is today, know that –

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” - Psalm 34:18

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.” - Psalm 51:17

+++

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:” - Isaiah 55:6

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Rejection / When The Dental Receptionist Cancelled My Appointment Because I Was 3 Mins Late / The Secret Of Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.