Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 (2476 Views)

My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ / DSS Stops Sowore From Addressing The Press, Grabs Him (Video) / Press Release By APC Presidential Campaign Council On Election Collation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by WorWorBoy: 12:41am On Feb 04, 2022
Allen102:
Who told you that Okrika people are Originally igbos? Always twisting other people's history to suit your narrative. And btw, there's nothing like Nudbuisi ama, what we have is Dumo Ama Any Igbos you see in Okrika are foreigners who are alien to that land.
I swear! They like to twist history so that it can favour them. That's how they said the meaning of Wakirike is children of the creek on their Facebook group lol. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by Allen102: 12:47am On Feb 04, 2022
WorWorBoy:
I swear! They like to twist history so that it can favour them. That's how they said the meaning of Wakirike is children of the creek on their Facebook group lol. cheesy
Lol.*Facepalm*
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by Alabo7978(m): 4:14am On Feb 04, 2022
SlayerForever:
Alabo7978 I reminded you that by Ijaw culture you're an Igbo boy and you ran away. You didn't know I actually know Ijaws trace their lineage matrilineally.

Don't worry bro if you're a good boy we will accept you as an Igbo boy. You know Igbo culture is soft life, no stress.
Ijaw culture is matrilineal yes only in IJAW LAND(that's if marriage is in the small dowry system TO ANOTHER IJAW WOMAN)
A man can marry a woman in IJAW land in the BIG DOWRY SYSTEM which is very expensive, that way the man has bought the right to every child birthed and won't be matrilineal anymore. Amayanabo's,(kings) PERE's (priests), ALABO's (chiefs) and wealthy men marry in this system.
Though many men go outside ijaw land to marry women and this laws (both dowry systems) won't count.

Well Sha I no blame una wey dey get mind come claim, just because of big nyash and big breast wey our ancestors see for Igbo women and they bought them in their numbers to breed, anyways do you have a sister that fits the above description?
I'll send the men of my war canoe house to come pick her up and I can let you do business in the coast but if you try and be a Wawa man, I'll skin you alive.
I Kno your ladies very well, more especially the ones from imo state, the Abia one's (ngwa, ohuhu, umuahia, ABA, ntigha, igbere,) are very smalish, I don't want smallish women.
I'll prefer imo because they're loaded, but don't bring owerri girls for me too, they're Wawa, orlu, mbano, mbaise, mbaitolo, ngor-okpala women are cool.
Ebonyi ladies are too local, don't bring them for me. You can also bring from Anambara, those ladies are classy and smart and fine, but they're not always loaded. And finally don't bring Enugu, they love oringo too much.
Just be selective about this women, we will meet in a fortnight at the Azumini river in my fleet of war canoes and we will talk business.
You know I'm capable as a very powerful and influential Alabo.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by SlayerForever: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Alabo7978:

Ijaw culture is matrilineal yes only in IJAW LAND(that's if marriage is in the small dowry system TO ANOTHER IJAW WOMAN)
A man can marry a woman in IJAW land in the BIG DOWRY SYSTEM which is very expensive, that way the man has bought the right to every child birthed and won't be matrilineal anymore. Amayanabo's,(kings) PERE's (priests), ALABO's (chiefs) and wealthy men marry in this system.
Though many men go outside ijaw land to marry women and this laws (both dowry systems) won't count.

Well Sha I no blame una wey dey get mind come claim, just because of big nyash and big breast wey our ancestors see for Igbo women and they bought them in their numbers to breed, anyways do you have a sister that fits the above description?
I'll send the men of my war canoe house to come pick her up and I can let you do business in the coast but if you try and be a Wawa man, I'll skin you alive.
I Kno your ladies very well, more especially the ones from imo state, the Abia one's (ngwa, ohuhu, umuahia, ABA, ntigha, igbere,) are very smalish, I don't want smallish women.
I'll prefer imo because they're loaded, but don't bring owerri girls for me too, they're Wawa, orlu, mbano, mbaise, mbaitolo, ngor-okpala women are cool.
Ebonyi ladies are too local, don't bring them for me. You can also bring from Anambara, those ladies are classy and smart and fine, but they're not always loaded. And finally don't bring Enugu, they love oringo too much.
Just be selective about this women, we will meet in a fortnight at the Azumini river in my fleet of war canoes and we will talk business.
You know I'm capable as a very powerful and influential Alabo.

Buying the rights to the children only works in some communities of Ijaw, not all. Ancestry and lineage is traced from the mothers whether the man did the big or small.

As for marrying an Igbo girl, you're an Igbo boy already so you're free.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by Alabo7978(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
SlayerForever:

Buying the rights to the children only works in some communities of Ijaw, not all. Ancestry and lineage is traced from the mothers whether the man did the big or small.

As for marrying an Igbo girl, you're an Igbo boy already so you're free

Do the big dowry system and the whole kids are yours, do the small dowry system and the kids will answer their mother's family name. It isn't rocket science, don't argue with me.
You find many people (with ijaw dad and mom) taking their mom's side because those women were married in small dowry way.
As a man if you get excess ba and you marry in the big dowry system then that won't be the case. Many ijaw men anyways avoid both entirely and marry outside the ijaw Ethnicity so that wether small dowry or big dowry, the kids are theirs.
Igbo, itshekiri, urhobo are the 3 main Ethnicity ijaw men mainly turn to when taking a wife. They've been marrying from these places for generations.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by SlayerForever: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
Alabo7978:

Do the big dowry system and the whole kids are yours, do the small dowry system and the kids will answer their mother's family name. It isn't rocket science, don't argue with me.
You find many people (with ijaw dad and mom) taking their mom's side because those women were married in small dowry way.
As a man if you get excess ba and you marry in the big dowry system then that won't be the case. Many ijaw men anyways avoid both entirely and marry outside the ijaw Ethnicity so that wether small dowry or big dowry, the kids are theirs.
Igbo, itshekiri, urhobo are the 3 main Ethnicity ijaw men mainly turn to when taking a wife. They've been marrying from these places for generations.

No need for long argument. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by Eastlink(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
bomb24:

hahhahahaha dunder-head!

a "curlew" is called "igoloma/ugoloma In Igbo dialect of Ngwa/Ndoki Clan..

According to oral documentations alagbari-nye was Igbo of ngwa/ndoki clan who came from the Igbo hinter-land and settled/founded bonny Island. apparently from all indications Ugoloma was corrupted/mis-spelt to okoloma by the whites...

If the Ijaw claims of being one of the oldest tribes to settle at the coastal part of Nigeria in delta/bayelsa estuaries and coast they would have had a name for the curlew, as okolo in ijaw dialect simply means "roosting."
popularly known as chicken and chickens don't fly.!

1) If truly the settlement was called OKOLOAMA by the ijaws, the europeans weren't too dull to have omitted the "Ama" prefix from the word.

Ajayi crowther recorded it as okoloma not okolo-ama

two other european explorers also recorded it as okoloma and not okolo-ama.

So my question to you Alabo is what is a curlew called in ijaw language? because okolo in ijaw simply means rooster.

In Igbo land every bird of the sky has a name

Eagle - ugo

curlew - ugoloma

vulture - udene

hawk - Egbe

pigeon- nnunu

E.t.c

from all indications from the research, ugoloma ( curlew) was christined to okoloma. As the founder of bonny island was of Igbo and Ngwa/Ndoki stock.

igboid
9pluto
ekealterego
slayerforever
eastlink
bkayy
ofoigbo

cc.

Great job. Bravo

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by bomb24: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Alabo7978:

You no get sense, forgetting I also understand the Igbo DIALECT.
Ugoloma is that bird that is black but has a white chest and looks like it wears singlet. That aside.

You no get sense at all.

The okoloma you hear is a phrase not the meaning of the bird curlew.
Okolo is curlew.
The "ma" at the end means "fly"
Curlew fly away =okolo'ma.
In Nembe my own dialect we call curlew okolain,
The ma at the end simply means "fly"
Your concorted lies does not add.
Stop displaying your foolery here.

It is also known as Okolo-ama (curlew-town)
Okolo like I said before means curlew, ama means town
Hence
Okolo-ama.
Wether OKOLOMA
OKOLOAMA

it's still the name of the town.

And as for ndoki, go and ask the Ndoki people about their ancestry, they'll tell you they are ijaw.
My Igbo maternal grandfather also knows about the full name aminadokiari, one of my in-laws is an ndoki man who I interviewed on Christmas Eve if he is truly ijaw by ancestry and he said yes(I even wrote an article about it) but you wouldn't believe, so I have a screenshot of an ndoki person in their group on Facebook. Enjoy ..

ijaw sewage clown! curlew in Igbo is called ugoloma. Okolo in your language is simply known as rooster, Dnt try to configure it to suit your narrative.

Ndoki Is Igbo QED.

U can keep fantasizing on your Ndoki is from central Ijaw blah blah while there spoken language and name continue's to be Igbo clown.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by PrinceZeke: 6:30am On Feb 06, 2022
Igboid:
[s]

It's a logical Hypothesis.
Since both the ancestors and early settlers in Bonny, New Calabar, Okirika and Brass admitted to their original non Ijaw Origin, and out of the four, only Bonny seem to have managed to hold unto it's Aboriginal Igbo Language, while the Igbo language of New Calabar, Okirika (except in pockets like Okujagu, Ama Ndubisi, Ogan ama where Igbo Language survived and in Abuloma where the proto Ibibiod language survived) were lost. They seem to have totally lost their original mother tongue and had them surplanted by Ijaw one.
Glynn made a rational deduction that to change a mother tongue that drastic, you would have needed to change the mothers over a long period of time.

This argument was never about whether Bonny original Aboriginals were Igbo speakers, the people themselves told Glynn they were originally Igbos, so that fact was already established!
The only reason Glynn was making this hypothesis was to explain how Bonny became Bilingual in Igbo and Ijoid language, while New Calabar, Brass and Okirika totally lost their original language to Ijaw infiltration[/s].
Which Okrika are Originally Igbo? Clown.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by PrinceZeke: 6:33am On Feb 06, 2022
WorWorBoy:
Very crazy sets of land grabbing pests. Their eyes are just on Port Harcourt nothing more.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by PrinceZeke: 6:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Allen102:
Who told you that Okrika people are Originally igbos? Always twisting other people's history to suit your narrative. And btw, there's nothing like Nudbuisi ama, what we have is Dumo Ama Any Igbos you see in Okrika are foreigners who are alien to that land.
Tell the fake Jew wanna be.
Re: Rejoinder To The Press Release By The Brown Major House On The 24th January 2022 by BKayy: 1:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
bomb24:

hahhahahaha dunder-head!

a "curlew" is called "igoloma/ugoloma In Igbo dialect of Ngwa/Ndoki Clan..

According to oral documentations alagbari-nye was Igbo of ngwa/ndoki clan who came from the Igbo hinter-land and settled/founded bonny Island. apparently from all indications Ugoloma was corrupted/mis-spelt to okoloma by the whites...

If the Ijaw claims of being one of the oldest tribes to settle at the coastal part of Nigeria in delta/bayelsa estuaries and coast they would have had a name for the curlew, as okolo in ijaw dialect simply means "roosting."
popularly known as chicken and chickens don't fly.!

1) If truly the settlement was called OKOLOAMA by the ijaws, the europeans weren't too dull to have omitted the "Ama" prefix from the word.

Ajayi crowther recorded it as okoloma not okolo-ama

two other european explorers also recorded it as okoloma and not okolo-ama.

So my question to you Alabo is what is a curlew called in ijaw language? because okolo in ijaw simply means rooster.

In Igbo land every bird of the sky has a name

Eagle - ugo

curlew - ugoloma

vulture - udene

hawk - Egbe

pigeon- nnunu

E.t.c

from all indications from the research, ugoloma ( curlew) was christined to okoloma. As the founder of bonny island was of Igbo and Ngwa/Ndoki stock.

igboid
9pluto
ekealterego
slayerforever
eastlink
bkayy
ofoigbo

cc.

Endorsed.
That settles it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mr Banks Omisore Meet Senator Ademola Adeleke In Ede(photos) / 2023: Emeka Ihedioha Likely To Become Atiku's Running Mate / No One Should Fall For The Deceit By the Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.