Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) (18218 Views)

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State / Sinoma Is Constructing A Cement Plant In Kogi (Photos) / Dangote Cement Plant In Edo And Bua Cement Plant In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Northerners get plenty silent Billionaires. If say na one Emeka or Chinedu, he for Chest beat finish everywhere. Him and his people for no allow us hear word. Even when all him wealth no reach 100 millions grin grin
/

Igbo businesses are better spread among the people. Their wealth is not centralized on a few individuals. The only downfall is that some charlatans have decided to incorporate unnecessary noise into their businesses to impress the impoverished masses.

/

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by israelmao(m): 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
b
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by BJanta: 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
Cyntie55:
Recently, the demand for Bua cement is very high. My Dad deals with Bua cement and the purchase is very large.

probably he doesn't understand.

How many of them in Nairaland understand anything?
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by 123readygo: 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
Harneyprojects:
We need competitors in the cement industry in order to drive down the cost of cement.
As a civil engineer and builder I am already looking at ways to reduce cement contents in my buildings due to the rising cost of cement.
I'm thinking in that direction too. Increase the quantity of the aggregate and reduce the cement.
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by BJanta: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Northerners get plenty silent Billionaires. If say na one Emeka or Chinedu, he for Chest beat finish everywhere. Him and his people for no allow us hear word. Even when all him wealth no reach 100 millions grin grin

Say you never hear about Anambra Airport ? The noise just be like say na him be the first in the world. These people sabi turn nothingness into celebrity.

5 Likes

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by paparazi232(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
NICE ONE Fromm BUA ,keep up the good work but Don forget to atleast reduce the cost price so that common man can afford it'

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
BJanta:

Say you never hear about Anambra Airport ? The noise just be like say na him be the first in the world. These people sabi turn nothingness into celebrity.

God bless you. You too know them. Anybody for their Region wey get reach 2million for account, they will automatically pronounce him as a Billionaire grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by obiekunie01: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
so much hate on the igbo man!
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by obiekunie01: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:

[s]God bless you. You too know them. Anybody for their Region wey get reach 2million for account, they will automatically pronounce him as a Billionaire grin grin grin[/s]

see the joy it gives you to spend all your time hating on a people that doesn't even know you exist.

instead of using that time to go do something useful to uplift your poverty stricken miserable life!

next you will go mining your sister's skull just to be as rich and comfortable as the average igboman!

envy is a terrible thing!
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

Igbo businesses are better spread among the people. Their wealth is not centralized on a few individuals. The only downfall is that some charlatans have decided to incorporate unnecessary noise into their businesses to impress the impoverished masses.

/

I'm Igbo and I tell you this. Most of their so called wealth are audio. They go online to make people see them as wealthy Men. While other regions have more but they kept mute.

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by heniford2: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
North 3 billionaire and billion poor people, west 1 billionaire with billion educated poor people,East none billionaire but 1 billion people millionaires which one is better naw grin grin

okey for mumu people on Nairaland we have North dangote as a billionaira from from north and two others still billionaire and then we have billions of billions poor most poorest,

We have west one billion Mike Adebaba grin billionaire dude fucking on money and then we have none listed as a billionaire again but millions of educated people in west but very very!! Poor like schoolpoverty grin you get it so many professor, but penny them no get cheesy.

Then in the East none tongue is listed as a billionaire based on fact abi Asin none get like them dangotes Mike Adebaba, etc right but grin cheesy millions of its population are millionaires that every house hold in East has someone that is a millionaire, the don't have much educated people like the west, poverty is at is almost zero level but every house has a millionaire somewhere guys which one is better

Be the judge shocked grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Geeman2006: 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
Windscribe:

You actually misinterpreted that comment.

The poster meant, when it comes to big businesses, northerners usually set up their big business in the north while ibos A.K.A developers set theirs outside iboland.

However the guy was wrong to some extent, Dangote Refinery, Flour mill, Sugar, Cement Factory, BUA biggest cement plant, proposed BUA refinery e.t.c were not situated in the north.

Most of Dangote & BUA's core business are not situated in the North...
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
richiemcgold:

this is a multi-billion/multinational investment sir. 17m tons p.a is no joke o. We're not talking about container shops here sir.

You have comprehension problem.

Go back and read his post again.
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
obiekunie01:

see the joy it gives you to spend all your time hating on a people that doesn't even know you exist.

instead of using that time to go do something useful to uplift your poverty stricken miserable life!

next you will go mining your sister's skull just to be as rich and comfortable as the average igboman!

envy is a terrible thing!

Chimo, this thing pain Okoro very well grin grin grin

Gini mere i ji afu?

3 Likes

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Harneyprojects: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
allen113:
[b][/b]

Oga I use God name take beg u, abeg no go build house way go collapse o grin
When I talk about reducing ceement content, I don't mean reducing the mixed ration but rather using alternative building materials like stabilised earth blocks

The use of stabilised earth blocks reduces the need for cement rendering on the surface of the blocks due to the aesthetics of the blocks itself. Also the blocks are produced with very little cement content compared to sancrete blocks.
Check this thread we intend to use the stabilised earth blocks for the ground floor construction
https://www.nairaland.com/6506750/edo-build-construction-diary-4-bedroom
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Harneyprojects: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
123readygo:

I'm thinking in that direction too. Increase the quantity of the aggregate and reduce the cement.
It doesn't work like that, i am looking in the direction of using alternative building materials to reduce the cement content of our buildings.
Material like stabilised earth blocks is a very good alternative
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
obiekunie01:
so much hate on the igbo man!

Them no like themselves, how do you expect other Nigerians to like them?

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Harneyprojects: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
123readygo:

It doesn't work like that, i am looking in the direction of using alternative building materials to reduce the cement content of our buildings.
Material like stabilised earth blocks is a very good alternative
Check the thread were we use it for one of our buildings under construction although we are still in the foundation stage.
https://www.nairaland.com/6506750/edo-build-construction-diary-4-bedroom
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Bestunclejoe(m): 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
What will be the effect of this on the price of cement in Nigeria market?
We buy cement at a cost almost twice the price in every other African countries.

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Primusinterpares(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
This Bua boss is so investmenttfied...
God bless you sir. I admire you from a distance

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Investorozay: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kingpele:
Many are making it in this country while many youths want to japa,able-bodied youths abandoning opportunities in their own country only to go abroad to suffer and to be enslaved, u drove white man our of your country at independence only to run to his country to become his slave ...opportunities abound here my people look very well u have a role to play to make this country a better place and God and citizens of this country will bless u and make your life prosperous, just imagine if the owner of BUA or dangote had japa during troubled days would they have become this great? Youths wake up

Na BUA you dey call "many"
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by techWriter3: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2022
This is a good one from BUA
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by initiate: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2022
is there limestone in sokoto?
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by oxiide22(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
Cyntie55:
Recently, the demand for Bua cement is very high. My Dad deals with Bua cement and the purchase is very large.

probably he doesn't understand.
baby girl
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Harneyprojects:
We need competitors in the cement industry in order to drive down the cost of cement.
As a civil engineer and builder I am already looking at ways to reduce cement contents in my buildings due to the rising cost of cement.
Reduce Cement content?
Please elaborate
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Frezhkid10(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
VIKTO83:
If those guys can mine our limestone and sale it back to us at exorbitant price what stops our southern brothers from drilling crude and refine it d way they want too. There has to be a balance.
Oga…Dpr has issued out 70 licenses to build refinery..none has started building…an ibo man or southern man will rather have multiple shops in different location than investing big…don’t blame the northerners for their courage…make southerns self combine and build refinery for their land than building hotel up and down the place..

2 Likes

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by Harneyprojects: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
tonididdy:

Reduce Cement content?
Please elaborate
Cement is the major building material in Nigeria because its used in producing blocks, concrete and wall rendering.
I am looking at using alternatives to reduce cement in our buildings like stabilised interlocking bricks in place of sancrete blocks in building our homes and also using rib slabs in place of solid slabs.
Stabilized bricks do not need to be rendered (plastering) meaning you can reduce a significant chunk of cement from your building construction by not plastering

1 Like

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
richiemcgold:

this is a multi-billion/multinational investment sir. 17m tons p.a is no joke o. We're not talking about container shops here sir.

no I didn't. I was only trying to respond euphemistically so I'll not offend some folks here.

no I don't. You're probably one of those folks I would've offended if I bared it all.
..although, the 'container shop' in my comment has already summed it all.

Go back and read his post again before acting like you're smart.
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by justjify(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
I hope this will reduce the price of cement
Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by bjdon: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
Harneyprojects:

My brother we really need you engineer's to help us in this country by devising new ways of building that reduce the cement content needed. American house for example seem to use a lot of wood. If we can get more alternatives, it'll go a long way in stimulating house building and economic development

2 Likes

Re: BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) by ALFADOS(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
HOW MUCH IS ONE BAG OF CEMENT NOW

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Refinery: We’ll Ask Dangote To Sell Forex At Good Rate — Emefiele / Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.