Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company (1700 Views)

If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed / This Python Just Got Killed By A Hunter / I Just Got Scammed By Nigeria's Qservers Web Hosting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by Adesina18111(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
My niece just called me not quite long crying on phone as she told me she just got scammed by a Loan app called CARBON...
She told me she needed some money to clear her goods and I was unable to help her because things are tight now...One of her friends later introduced her to a loan app called CARBON and she agreed to get a loan from them...
After registration ( which include BVN, acct number and phone number)...she got a message that she could only get #50,000 and she agreed...She got the credit alert of #50,000 but immediately #63,000 was deducted from her account leaving her account balance being negative...
She called their customer care number but they insisted they knew nothing about it and if she doesn't refund their money on the day she ought to pay back, they going to post her pictures and labelled her a debtor and scammer...
Please if there is anything that can be done to get this solved, please I need your advice...she has been crying since non stop!!...To make things worse, her bank said there is nothing they could do to track this transaction

Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by chatinent: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2022
Carbon didn't scam her.

Some other midman did.
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by dangoteinlaw: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
But the yahoo boys in your area you are friends with them, hyping then and opening teeth with them. Now that Nigeria is almost 100% digital they will so much scam ppl that y'all will start burning yahooboys alive.
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by Kriss216: 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
chatinent:
Carbon didn't scam her.

Some other midman did.
How sure are you it's not Carbon?
She submitted her BVN and other bank details to Carbon.

They need midman to borrow from Carbon?

1 Like

Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by chatinent: 6:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kriss216:

How sure are you it's not Carbon?
She submitted her BVN and other bank details to Carbon.

They need midman to borrow from Carbon?
The friend and co.

Sent to John Peter.

It could still be some rep members from Carbon.
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by Kriss216: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
chatinent:

The friend and co.

Sent to John Peter.

It could still be some rep members from Carbon.
It's definitely one of Carbon's dubious agents.

I'll advice her not to pay any dime. They should do their worst!

1 Like

Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by chatinent: 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kriss216:

It's definitely one of Carbon's dubious agents.

I'll advice her not to pay any dime. They should do their worst!

Make she track am or visit her bank.

Nowhere dey safe sha.

Both bankers scam nowadays.
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by invectives(m): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
Money"Loan" was paid into a carbon wallet and got transferred out by a fraudster.
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by Greatzeus(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
It used to be my friend, then they added my brother, now they've upgraded with my niece,nairalanders sha undecided
To the Op,I don't think carbon loan can scam you like this,it's too straight forward and obvious, besides your bank statement will reveal their bank details as culprit. Which will be bad for their image. Unless a staff who has access to customers vital information,used your details to withdraw your money,which is also very unlikely.
Also I don't think anyone having your bank account number,BVN and phone number can use it to withdraw your money.
Nobody can scam you without access to your ATM card details, or your SIM or an OTP sent to your mobile number,not possible.
So Op check yourself, try to recall if you have by any chance, allowed anyone Access to your ATM details,SIM or OTP
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by Adesina18111(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2022
Greatzeus:
It used to be my friend, then they added my brother, now they've upgraded with my niece,nairalanders sha undecided
To the Op,I don't think carbon loan can scam you like this,it's too straight forward and obvious, besides your bank statement will reveal their bank details as culprit. Which will be bad for their image. Unless a staff who has access to customers vital information,used your details to withdraw your money,which is also very unlikely.
Also I don't think anyone having your bank account number,BVN and phone number can use it to withdraw your money.
Nobody can scam you without access to your ATM card details, or your SIM or an OTP sent to your mobile number,not possible.
So Op check yourself, try to recall if you have by any chance, allowed anyone Access to your ATM details,SIM or OTP
Well you could rather remain quiet rather than being sarcastic...I am not one of those who framed story or created topics here to gain popularity...I just told you what happened and I thought the best I could do was to write it here for advice and to avoid others from making d same mistake...I called the number myself and it belongs to one of the carbon staff but he eventually blocked me from calling...How is it possible for non staff of the carbon to use the app and scam other members through the app?...
Re: My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company by Mamayam: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Adesina18111:
My niece just called me not quite long crying on phone as she told me she just got scammed by a Loan app called CARBON...
She told me she needed some money to clear her goods and I was unable to help her because things are tight now...One of her friends later introduced her to a loan app called CARBON and she agreed to get a loan from them...
After registration ( which include BVN, acct number and phone number)...she got a message that she could only get #50,000 and she agreed...She got the credit alert of #50,000 but immediately #63,000 was deducted from her account leaving her account balance being negative...
She called their customer care number but they insisted they knew nothing about it and if she doesn't refund their money on the day she ought to pay back, they going to post her pictures and labelled her a debtor and scammer...
Please if there is anything that can be done to get this solved, please I need your advice...she has been crying since non stop!!...To make things worse, her bank said there is nothing they could do to track this transaction

How much interest were you supposed to pay?

(1) (Reply)

How To Post A Picture To The Forum? / Why Has Some Universities Released Their Admission List / Echidime(the Women Prey/scammer) Is Back In Nl As Occultist!All Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.