Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,553 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? (21102 Views)

North Constitutes 69% Of Children Without Access To Education —UNICEF / Why Are School Children Not Repeating Classes Again? / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by whirlwind7(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:
Please let us be logical in this situation.

The health worker is trying to prevent an outbreak of polio which if it happens will cause so much problems than we already have in this country.

I think the school should be closed down.

Truly stated like the abominable vermin you are.
In what world do you administer drugs to kids without their parents knowledge and consent?
And you are talking about being logical undecided

Such rëtard comment.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by LordReed(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:
When health workers come to a school, will they not allow the school to contact the parents before they vaccinate their children?
Some health workers came to my school and started disturbing the peace of the school because we told her we will contact the parents and seek their consent before they can vaccinate the children, she started shouting they will close down the school, this that, torn the visitors book, we have to tell her to go. We contacted our parents some refused most said we go ahead then told the local health center to come and vaccinate the children tommorow.

I want to know do they have right to force vaccine on children without parents consent?

They do not. She probably had a quota to reach that's why she acted unhinged. You have the right to hold off and seek parental approval and any parents has the right to reject the vaccination though its a good idea to take it anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by ogwoliun: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2022
adisabarber:
Vaccination is a child's right. The school cannot stop health workers from administering polio vaccine. If those health workers come to your house and see unvaccinated children they have the right to give them the vaccine. No put school owner inside wahala

School will not stop them but if a parent insist that you should not give their children for whatever reason, what are you going to do? Because if you insist and something bad happens...

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by LordReed(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

The health worker is trying to prevent an outbreak of polio which if it happens will cause so much problems than we already have in this country.

Rubbish. The school cannot be closed because they didn't give the school the chance to seek parental consent, it is standard practice to have the parents give consent, it's not by force.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Lamasta(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2022
ogwoliun:
It's not easy as you think bro. If you are a vaccinator, definitely you will understand better.
Before the health workers go to school to vaccinate the pupils government would have sensitive the parents, schools and children in the need to get vaccinated so there is no justification on whatsoever for any school to reject the health workers doing their job mandated by the government except on special cases....
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Naughtysex: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

School close down?
It's either you are intellectually tipsy or you lack proper education
So you think the school authority should have just allow the children to be vaccinated without the knowledge of their parents?

A quick question
What's your qualification?

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by spokesboy: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2022
spokesboy:

This is a sick, illogical and irresponsible comment on your part. Intelligence should tell you that Polio vaccination is part of the existing vaccination program which is assumed to have been administered to all kids of school age. The WHO also does not recommend the vaccine for children above the age of 5 years since they are not within the At-risk category. Ignorance is indeed a disease!
Mrshape should please consult parents and medical experts before allowing those kind of ignorant, unschooled "health-workers" on their premises.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by whirlwind7(m): 9:20am On Feb 01, 2022
maaji:
I work with the national Primary health Care development agency. I am part of the management support team. Prior to any campaign on polio vaccine, circulars and letters are distributed to all schools so as to be aware of upcoming campaigns and be duely notified. Each school authority is to allow children for mass vaccination. It is a MUST for each school to allow that to happen or will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

Now let me break it down. In vaccination, the main aim is to reach as more children as possible included churches, mosques, schools, Islamic school and were children gathers. Children from 0 to 59 months. We have 2 major forms of vaccination

House to house
Special teams

The house to house teams visit each household to vaccinate children. Those teams also go to school and do mass vaccination

Now to the issue of parents before any campaign a mandatory and compulsory visit will be made to the authorities including the local government chairman, councillor and all district heads both chiefs and kings

Mobilisation funds will be made available for dissemination of information whether through radio or tv stations will be made to inform parents of oncoming polio vaccination.

The parents already know that thier children will be vaccinated by trusted and well known health worker.

Pardon mu epistly

Your "epistly" has been noted.

The contention here is, since when is it proper to show up at a school without prior notification about administering vaccine?
The school wasn't informed.
Parents were not informed.
The bellicose woman tore off the visitors log book where she wrote her name. WHY?

Does all this add up?
Let's agree she wasn't trained on proper etiquette, being from a crude country called Nigeria. Is the school admin supposed to allow her waltz in and jab kids without prior notification to both school personel and parents/guardians??

3 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by KillamanJoe: 9:20am On Feb 01, 2022
Bro, don't allow any child to be vaccinated in your school o. Some kids react badly to vaccine and might develop fever or other side effects. What you can do is tell the parents to ensure they vaccinate their child either at home or at the hospital. I remember those days. The workers go house to house, discuss with the parents then vaccinate their children. Not one random women that decides to tear off her data page to prevent any communication whatsoever. Be careful ND remember you are liable if anything happens to those kids. Regardless of whether or not your intentions were good.

3 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by sylve11: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2022
SmileDance:
okay I get it now, people are being careful because of the way the country is, during our days our parents didn't have to worry about that.

True that... cool
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by happney65: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2022
Is your school a mushroom school? Before they come, schools already inform parents ahead so that those that have already been vaccinated before now will signify and they won't be vaccinated again. That was what we were told.

They don't just come to any school without prior notice. In this case,the school should have informed the parents ahead. Those who wont be taking it for their kids that might not have taken it before and those that want to take it that day.

He no suppose cause any rancour at all
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Kevinsamba: 9:25am On Feb 01, 2022
Consent is the main thing here.
And I can confidently tell you that the school is in the right.
yomi007k:

The Ministry of Health will not see hear these excuses.

How many health workers are nice in Nigeria?

You said you are not sure if she is one. Did you ask her for identity and she couldn't provide or is your school new to this vaccination process?

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by ogwoliun: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2022
Lamasta:

Before the health workers go to school to vaccinate the pupils government would have sensitive the parents, schools and children in the need to get vaccinated so there is no justification on whatsoever for any school to reject the health workers doing their job mandated by the government except on special cases....
They normally notify schools, churches etc before going there to vaccinate. It's a communication gap that is lacking here. Let me tell you, it's not the school that is rejecting the vaccine but some parents will not be happy if you don't notify them before hand.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by NoToPile: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2022
I personally won't allow a woman displaying such signs to vaccinate my child.

They came to my children's school sometime back, they were not informed prior to that, I was called by the authorities if they should give my children the polio vaccine and I told them to go ahead, they also came few months later and I was like what of the one they collected about 8 weeks ago.
They said it's another general polio vaccination.

The children came home with the inked fingers on both occasions

How on earth will I not know that they want to give my child something to swallow in this Nigeria that anybody can wear any uniform to distribute anything.

The school is not wrong, the woman was being unnecsarily violent, it something she could come the next day for after the school has informed the parents.

The matter never reach to tear book she wrote her data, that singular act makes me suspect her.she might be fake for all I know.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Beedude(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

That's good we will employ this method.
But thoes that don't I think they can change their perception as times goes on, so the data should be taking regularly.
Once they have a change of mind. They should be the ones to contact u of the changes.
Dont sell your self cheaply to parents. Same children will be allowed to be vaccinated once those people visit their churches and their Pastor allowed it.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by drololaaof: 9:32am On Feb 01, 2022
They don't have the right to vaccinate forcefully without parental consent . Do they want to do Osama bin laden ?

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Asiwaju05(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2022
SmileDance:
I guess the school is in northern nigeria

Rid yourself of tribalism. It'll do you a lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Mypeople2(m): 9:33am On Feb 01, 2022
Mrshape:

Thanks this woman shock me today o. I come day think say them send am come
Please do not allow them to enter the school premises, they are not genuine .If anything happens to those kids ,you will have yourself to blame .Vaccination is not by force

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by ogwoliun: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2022
NoToPile:
I personally won't allow a woman displaying such signs to vaccinate my child.

They came to my children's school sometime back, they were not informed prior to that, I was called by the authorities if they should give my children the polio vaccine and I told them to go ahead, they also came few months later and I was like what of the one they collected about 8 weeks ago.
They said it's another general polio vaccination.

The children came home with the inked fingers on both occasions

How on earth will I not know that they want to give my child something to swallow in this Nigeria that anybody can wear any uniform to distribute anything.

The school is not wrong, the woman was being unnecsarily violent, it something she could come the next day for after the school has informed the parents.

The matter never reach to tear book she wrote her data, that singular act makes me suspect her.she might be fake for all I know.
This is the reason why we don't vaccinate a child without parents consent.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by EXLOVER(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Can you drop your home address?

NDLEA want to come and quickly check something for ur side

No 51 250 iyara Warri, Delta state
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Babatundeh26: 9:44am On Feb 01, 2022
You're joking right?
yomi007k:

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by TheOmoney(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2022
adecz:
undecided

Polio vaccination is compulsory
worldwide.

It is stubborn people like you that
have kept Nigeria ( especially Northern Nigeria ) together with backward countries
like Afghanistan and the village areas
of Pakistan as the only places in the
whole world to still have wild polio
disease. ☹️☹️☹️

Dear Sir/Ma... always read well, understand and absorb it first B4 posting...the acceptability of polio vaccine is not in question. It's the attitude of the health workers that is the problem... trying to enforce whatever on the students.
Some children receive @birth....it's only The parents that are aware of the vaccination history of the child.
Allowing the parent to give consent isn't a bad idea @all.
"We'll close down this school" comment shows that they're desperate...who knows maybe they're there with something else that isn't POLIO VACCINE...and no medical service/action can be enforced on anyone.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by wirinet(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2022
KillamanJoe:
Bro, don't allow any child to be vaccinated in your school o. Some kids react badly to vaccine and might develop fever or other side effects. What you can do is tell the parents to ensure they vaccinate their child either at home or at the hospital. I remember those days. The workers go house to house, discuss with the parents then vaccinate their children. Not one random women that decides to tear off her data page to prevent any communication whatsoever. Be careful ND remember you are liable if anything happens to those kids. Regardless of whether or not your intentions were good.

Not some kids, most vaccines causes fever and other sides effects. You are advice to give children that react badly pain relievers and analgesics to ease ease the pain or fevers, which often last for a couple of days.

This is more reason parents to must be informed before giving their children vaccines.

Even though the sides effects are often mild, it is nothing compared to the sufferings of the actual disease.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by adecz: 9:52am On Feb 01, 2022
TheOmoney:

Dear Sir/Ma... always read well, understand and absorb it first B4 posting...the acceptability of polio vaccine is not in question. It's the attitude of the health workers that is the problem... trying to enforce whatever on the students.
Some children receive @birth....it's only The parents that are aware of the vaccination history of the child.
Allowing the parent to give consent isn't a bad idea @all.
"We'll close down this school" comment shows that they're desperate...who knows maybe they're there with something else that isn't POLIO VACCINE...and no medical service/action can be enforced on anyone.

Every child ( except born in villages)
receive polio immunization at birth.

Booster doses are given later from about
3 to 7 years.

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by omoalaafin: 9:52am On Feb 01, 2022
It is wrong for them to do that. You dare not try that with my kid. Some kids may already be vaccinated and would not need their vaccination. My 2 year daughter for instance has her a photocopy of her vaccination card in her school. Schools need to be careful so these people don't put them in trouble. They should not bow to any intimidation. Parents must always be informed.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by CXLVII: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2022
Backyard schools.

When you paying 1k per term and still claiming right.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by descarado: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2022
lilyheaven:
The health center should have sent a notice first before sending a health worker over.
The school security shouldn’t have giving her entry because she has no appointment with the school.
They always do.
Always.
Announcements are always made in various religious houses.
Words of mouth etc.

What's wrong with people?

If they are told to pay exorbitant price for this, maybe they will take it serious.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by ScamDemicEra: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

You must be a northerner or NYSC in the north. Mr man or Ms lady, let's kick polio out of Nigeria. I used to abuse and insult the northerners cos they dont usually take the vaccine cos of lies they were told. Lol. And then, their children start leaping on one leg as they grow older...lol. I wasn't surprised when different narratives about covid19 vaccine came out. Actually God used covid 19 to correct me, and not to look down on those poor northerners. If grown up literate people all over the world can spread different lies....666 in vaccine...hell in vaccine...electronic chip in vaccines ..lucifer in vaccines...bla bla bla...then, those people are not stu.pid after all. Humans can be easily manipulated. This is the lesson I have learned. Politicians and business men manipulate people everytime.

Kick Polio out of Nigeria. Let the health personnels do their jobs. Let them give the kids polio vaccination. It is for their good. Most parents have been brainwashed....and its stup.id...though, I dont blame them again. But this is polio and not Covid-19..let the children be saved. It is non of your business. Your business is to make sure they are really from the health department... that's all you need to know. And to know they are really sent. If possible, take their pictures and take videos of the personnels administering the vaccines. That's your business. Ok?
She already responded that the school is in the South, she's not opposed to polio vaccine but she's insisting on parental consent.

Why is all these hard for you to read and understand, you're just looking for an avenue to spew out your Covid-19 vaccine jingles.

Vaccine Junkies/apostles no dey get sense.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by lexy2014: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2022
texazzpete:

After reading your last paragraph, I can see My words are wasted on you. You lack the necessary comprehension skills required for this engagement.

Cheers.

That's what they say when they think no but can't answer simple questions. With all your comprehension, it's disgraceful that the question asked is a challenge for u:

I didn't ask u of they should. I asked "If a parent refuses vaccination for his or her child, is the ministry of health going to arrest the parent?"

Is it ministry of health that feeds people's children that u are comparing vaccination and feeding?
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Pharaohny: 10:05am On Feb 01, 2022
yomi007k:

Which kind mumu comment be this grin grin
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2022
texazzpete:

Why not come out and say that that's what you believe too?

And yes, it's perfectly valid to be aggressive in the approach to vaccinate against polio. It's a terrible, terrible disease that's been eradicated most places globally. Only in some ignorant enclaves that it remains, and it's been a source of embarrassment for Nigeria when we have a new outbreak.

Any parent that refuses their child to get vaccinated against Polio should be arrested.

Since the 1980s some of you have been alleging a plot to reduce the population of the North. And yet, birth rate there keeps spiraling.
If it's some else, I for insult you this morning. You lot are mixing things up here.
Re: Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent? by Cuteimma1(m): 10:22am On Feb 01, 2022
Did you even read the post entirely? Some people ehn

PeaceJoyLove:

You must be a northerner or NYSC in the north. Mr man or Ms lady, let's kick polio out of Nigeria. I used to abuse and insult the northerners cos they dont usually take the vaccine cos of lies they were told. Lol. And then, their children start leaping on one leg as they grow older...lol. I wasn't surprised when different narratives about covid19 vaccine came out. Actually God used covid 19 to correct me, and not to look down on those poor northerners. If grown up literate people all over the world can spread different lies....666 in vaccine...hell in vaccine...electronic chip in vaccines ..lucifer in vaccines...bla bla bla...then, those people are not stu.pid after all. Humans can be easily manipulated. This is the lesson I have learned. Politicians and business men manipulate people everytime.

Kick Polio out of Nigeria. Let the health personnels do their jobs. Let them give the kids polio vaccination. It is for their good. Most parents have been brainwashed....and its stup.id...though, I dont blame them again. But this is polio and not Covid-19..let the children be saved. It is non of your business. Your business is to make sure they are really from the health department... that's all you need to know. And to know they are really sent. If possible, take their pictures and take videos of the personnels administering the vaccines. That's your business. Ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating / Government Owned Schools In Lagos With Boarding Facilities / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.