Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat (8313 Views)

How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks / Moment Buhari Tapped The Presidential Seat For The Last Time (Video) / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Tabithatim: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 Presidential election, young Nigerians have demanded that each candidate that would be vying to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari must reserve specifically the Vice Presidential seat for the youths, in order to channel a new focus for the country as well as ensure the nation become better for everyone.

They also asked that the State governorship candidates across the country should also tow the same line and zone the Deputy Governorship seats to the youths to inculcate the need for nation-building in the next generation of leaders.

The young Nigerians said that the move was to prevent a leadership vacuum that may arise when the crops of leaders across the country retire from active politics and the need to proffer solutions to the country’s challenges emanates.

According to them, reserving these seats for the youths remain the best system to teach the youths how to get involved, and start learning the ropes from the leaders that have garnered experience over the years.

The Young Nigerians under the aegis of Youth Engagement and Inclusion Agenda, made the demands on Monday after several minutes of deliberations on the state of the nation and the fate of the youths after the next general elections across the country.

Addressing pressmen after their inaugural meeting in Ikeja, the Convener of the group, Idris Aregbe, described their requests as not too difficult to be approved by any of the presidential candidates.

Aregbe noted that they were not particular about any party but what they were after was basically to ensure that a young Nigerian occupy the seat as well as become the country’s number two citizen.

The convener stressed that the youths were very influential and that their number could swing the vote in the right direction that would favour all.

“We believe so much in ourselves as youths and the number that we have which is also our strength and that is why we have decided to come together as well as speak with one voice.

“This is a group of people that understand what politics is all about and we will definitely work to ensure that we get it right. This is a youth agenda that will ensure inclusion for the youth. We are ready to ensure that the youths get their desired position in government come 2023.

“We are one Nigeria and the only thing that separates Nigerians is either you are youth or the elderly. We are willing to ensure that the youths become part of governance in 2023”, he added.

Other members of the group, Japheth Odesanya, said that their desire was to ensure that beginning from 2023, the country is governed by anyone that is ready to build the youth and make key stakeholders in the government.

“We will use all our energy, as youths, to galvanise and mobilise young Nigerians to see this through because the time has come for the youths to start manning key leadership positions across the country”, Odesanya added
https://theguildng.com/young-nigerians-push-for-vice-presidential-seat-ahead-2023-election/

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Xscape1993(m): 7:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Not a bad one.

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by slawormiir: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Nice

Even me as a real real niggarr ....soon i will stop bombing....and delve into politics...bombing and key boarding is not sustainable
i will join a party with great ideology....am not going to join Apc...never...for me to join Apc....i better align with Pdp....
Like play like play....i go find my way into the legislative arm of government....
then boom...i propose the bill make all religious institutions dey pay tax...any religious institutions that help in government project like building roads then we give them tax incentives ....
then boom again..... i go propose another bill to legalize weed ....

Give all my real niggarz contract

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Seconded.

This will prevent a leadership vacuum that may arise when the crops of leaders across the country retire from active politics and the need to proffer solutions to the country’s challenges emanates.
Reserving these seats for the youths remain the best system to teach the youths how to get involved, and start learning the ropes from the leaders that have garnered experience over the years.

Naija youths, Wake up.
Your future is in your hands.

In the same vein,
Below is a life story From one of the sane, honest and hardworking Nigerian Youth in our midst,
Read and Learn

One of the artisans I work with often request I send his payment to his family up North.

I pay him every week.

His bill spans from N5000 to N10,000, depending on the volume of work.

Earlier today, he called to notify me that his wife is yet to get the transfer for his last job.

Quite unexpected because I’d done the transfer long before he called.

Long story short, he told me the account I transfer to belongs to a POS owner who resides in their village somewhere in Bauchi.

We put a call through to the POS owner.

He apologized for the delay and he requested my full name to confirm my transfer.

I was curious as to why he needed my full name.

I.e first, middle and surname.

His answer was one of those aha moments for me.

He said he receives close to 200-300 transfers every day from relatives of those residing outside Bauchi.

As a sharp businessman, those numbers caught my curiosity.

Immediately I stuck a conversation with him.

But before I did, I had verified my name, and payment was made to my artisan's family.

His name is Dele.

A Yoruba guy.

We conversed in English by the way.

After NYSC he decided to stay back and set his mini payment platform up North to assist artisans to send money across to their families back home.

The closest bank to their community is about 2-3 kilometers journey.

That journey will cost them N1,000

Community members prefer to get their cash from him rather than travel to town to withdraw.

Currently, he has over 5000 Northern artisans, from Okada men to water trick pushers who send money to their families through him.

He charges N150 per transition.

If he gets close to 1000 transactions every week.

That's an average income of N100,000

I forgot to ask him how he handles the insecurity situation.

But from the background noise from people waiting to get their money from him, and one of his staff screaming "kudin ya shiga" one can tell he is fine, happy, and productive.

He loves his community.

His community loves him.

Dele is somewhere in the North, enjoying 500k monthly revenue without hassles.

Someone in Lagos is still blaming Buhari for not putting food on his table.

May you be liberated from your foolery soon.

I say amen on your behalf.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by yusluvad(m): 7:39am On Feb 01, 2022
This is a good ideology and welcome development to drive Nigeria forward as a country...

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by athaboi(f): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
N
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by joey150(m): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
'Youth' is a phase of life, and not a quality of leadership or a merit status.

I don't want any quota system nonsense anymore.

Let qualified people lead us across board. If youths join and participate in politics, then of course they'll always stand a chance of ruling.

The problem is not that those leading us are old, but rather, that we have allowed young thieves grow old in the same system they have manipulated to their advantage.

Putting "Youth" in governance isn't the panacea to our burgeoning problem. I am very sure that there are a ton of rogue youths waiting to get their hands on the cookie jar too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by wolesmile(m): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
Well said
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by athaboi(f): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
post=109854376:
Seconded
young Nigeria like you? God forbid
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
The ones that keep complaining online..or the ones that never take responsibility or the ones that believe that ritual works..

Or the ones that ain't in any way different from the old ones there...
Nigerians should better get ready to pick themselves up and take responsibility for their problems instead of giving themself lifeless hope and excuses..

Get up Nigerians this is not where you are meant to be..
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Ezedon(m): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
That's nice
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by myfantasies(f): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
If only it will be possible
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by bigjosh88: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
Way forward..noted...
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Mko123(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
It will,If God has commanded it
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Michelle70(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Nice

Even me as a real real niggarr ....soon i will stop bombing....and delve into politics
i will join a party with great ideology....am not going to join Apc...never...for me to join Apc....i better align with Pdp....
Like play like play....i go find my way into the legislative arm of government....
then boom...i propose the bill make all religious institutions dey pay tax...any religious institutions that help in government project like building roads then we give them tax incentives ....
then boom again..... i go propose another bill to legalize weed ....

Give all my real niggarz contract
I'm not surprised, this is what the average politician in Nigeria is.
Those with good intentions doesn't have interest in it and na their followers deh push the agenda while they will never say anything, every morning and Night u will hear people telling their preferred choice "this guy sef make ur intentions known" but the candidate go just lock up. Imagine Osinbajo, Obiano, Zulum, Sanwo-olu having no interest while Tinubu, Uzor Kalu and Atiku deh push forward
Naija matter tire person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by naijaguy123456(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
When they say young Nigerian, what age are they referring to ? There are party youth leaders who are 59 years old !
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
No. Young Nigerians like ur papa.

Good young Nigerians, don't be like bad Nigerian leaders like dem papa.

Me and you will make Nigeria great

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Brian47(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
Make we push for presidency
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by premierlead: 7:42am On Feb 01, 2022
Vegetable Tinubu won't accent to this
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Blitz888(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2022
Youth with sense... Not the type in a Middlebelt State!
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by illicit(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2022
Yes now
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Raxxye(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2022
Most young Nigerians who have had opportunities to occupy political positions in this country have not done any better than the elderly ones we complain about.
Look at SUGs of higher institutions across the country, look at youth organizations in various communities; the mindset of even the very young ones are so very badly twisted. Nigerian teenagers now kill for money rituals!
I am afraid that the upcoming generation of Nigerian political leaders would be far worse than what we presently have because it seems everyone is out for personal, material gains. May God just help this country sha!
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Adenaph(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2022
Good move
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Divoc19(f): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2022
I am not a fan of youth in politics.

This thing is not by age but by having a desire to make a positive impact on the people.
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by cardoctor(m): 7:46am On Feb 01, 2022
Me sef follow
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Healthquest: 7:47am On Feb 01, 2022
post=109854376:
Seconded.

This will prevent a leadership vacuum that may arise when the crops of leaders across the country retire from active politics and the need to proffer solutions to the country’s challenges emanates.
Reserving these seats for the youths remain the best system to teach the youths how to get involved, and start learning the ropes from the leaders that have garnered experience over the years.

Naija youths, Wake up.
Your future is in your hands.
They r youth in government just that they are like apprentice, carry bag for der boss, I'm sure de r learning too.
Meanwhile, there position is a very welcome development
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 01, 2022
Youth are the leaders of tomorrow, i hope they are not scamming us? Let`s create a new youths party for them to be aware that we are ready to take charge. SORO SOKE GENERATION (SSG PARTY)
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Holiyo(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2022
Re: 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat by Homiesjinxbank: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2022
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Representation: APC Has A Full Fledged Women Campaign Council / FG Reverses On Warri PTI Upgrade / Photos From Ekiti State As Dr Kayode Fayemi Took Oath As Governor Of The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.