Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer (25687 Views)

I Never Knew I Could Make A Great Career In Writing. / Why Customer Service Is A Great Career Path To Follow / Longrich 30billion Team (a Great Career To Build On) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Disturb: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by psalmistkakah(m): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
mazizitonene:
Personally don't believe in this addictions. Most times it's because one haven't found a strong alternative.......or a strong why not to engage in something.

I used to bet a long time ago, very active on the Nairaland bet thread in my undergraduate days. But stopped when I found better things to do and make Money online. I just stopped betting, it's been years now, and it wasn't rocket science. Even when I used to bet, I never crossed my limit

Most times na poverty, and greed dey cause this thing ..

when am financially bouyant... i will be betting with a very little amount... but when i have pressing issue with money.. i no dey try am.. when over busy entre i no dey get time.. am i an addict or a fun better?
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Myketuale(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Sport betting ain't no career killer

Sport betting is gambling
The life itself we are living now is a gamble

The sweet thing is that For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to all my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers
We will never quit...because quitters don't win and winners don't quit

The tin is that one should gamble responsible
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Odss11: 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
Bookies always win..no wonder they increase day by day...always luring people with bonuses ...

...the majority pays the minority and the bokies!!!
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by DarkJeddi(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
stunnert:
There's a demon behind gambling, if you know then you know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
There's no Demon for anything!

The sooner you take responsibility for your Furck ups!

The sooner you get a cure!!

Keep blaming the devil and watch your life rot away!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by mrikay: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

The sweet thing is that For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to all my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers

Winners don't quit? That does not apply to gambling, bro.

Gambling ruins more lives than it saves... In fact. .. For every one person who makes money from gambling... several lives hav e been ruined.

Even the guy who makes money today may lose it tomorrow.

selah.

3 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Gratefulsoul202: 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

thanks for the motivation boss
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by bizhop01: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
If you are student in school of betqueen please bet responsible cool
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by osazsky(m): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
Waiting bet do una..youth borrow million go put for ponzi farm u nor see that one..forex scam...mmm...n power...nysc....all ponzi..pyramid...blogging...these are the things that are wasting our youths..leave betting alone..the money i lost in fotex 9 years ago bet gave me back..una way they bet 100 naira in 3 days go still dey talk say bet finish u..the more u grow old d lesser the chances of making money..n power dey waste the lives of usefull youth at thier prime..i saw one graduate who was working his papers to serve twice cuz of 33k allowee ...learn hand work..forget make money online .bla bla..frelancing programming rubbish..blogging that no one knows off...lastly youths way they collect 3k on election ground u will nerver win a bet ..u will suffer.no need to mention bitcoin's that one supose get him own topic the day way person chop belle full..i nor get strength now
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by freddie009(m): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
amnesty7:
Never, ever gamble!
Once you depend on chance and not hard work for wealth, you're doomed.

I know the guy on my street, people have advised him to go get a job, but no he chooses to play bet every day hoping to win millions someday. Always begging for money, and any little money he lay his hands on is invested in betting.

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Xman12345goat: 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Betting would never make you rich. It is someone else business, designed to imporish you if you become addicted. Betting has destroyed the beautiful game called football. Imagine playing your favorite club to win and score five goals at least. Even if your team is playing well but have just scored four goals,you would be very angry.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Johnsown1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
Bet responsibly if you which to bet or else run away from it before it kills you
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by SarkinYarki: 12:14am On Feb 04, 2022
amnesty7:
Never, ever gamble!
Once you depend on chance and not hardwork for wealth, you're doomed.

Every thing on earth is game of chance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Godspihighlife: 1:43am On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Don't give up on ur dreams, keep sleeping
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by albacete(m): 1:46am On Feb 04, 2022
They did not meet you, rather you came to meet them.

No dey put sand for person business.

If betting is gambling, so is Forex trading, crypto trading. All na speculation.

How do you know USD will rise against JPY? Or Etherum will rise by 2%?

Betting will ruin your life when you are greedy. You want to use hundred bucks to win milli milli. So you can chill with the big boys, abi?
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by albacete(m): 2:04am On Feb 04, 2022
The same person telling you to quit betting will open account with OCTAFX and start trading, enter Binance begin dey trade crypto. But he is telling you not to take the risks that he himself is taking.

I have never read on Nairaland where Forex or crypto trading wrecks peoples' finances, it is only betting.

The same way people are ruined through betting is the same way betting have turned the fortunes of many for good. A friend of mine used his winnings from bet to buy a mini bus for transport biz and also set up a small poultry farm. Another one bought a water tanker.

Do you know how long you will save as an Npower beneficiary before you get a mini bus? 1.3M is not 130k oo.

Anything speculation is risky, and that is where betting, forex and crypto falls into.
If you want betting to ruin you, it will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by albacete(m): 2:22am On Feb 04, 2022
Weyrehmod:
Do you know that if you register with the promo codes of all these influencers and punters they get 15% of your losses So basically if you bet with with 100k and lost the bet they'll get paid 15k from your loss grin grin

Person wey don lose, don lose. It doesn't matter who is profiting a certain percentage from the loss.
No too reason am.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:10am On Feb 04, 2022
mazizitonene:
Personally don't believe in this addictions. Most times it's because one haven't found a strong alternative.......or a strong why not to engage in something.

I used to bet a long time ago, very active on the Nairaland bet thread in my undergraduate days. But stopped when I found better things to do and make Money online. I just stopped betting, it's been years now, and it wasn't rocket science. Even when I used to bet, I never crossed my limit

Gbam! The Addiction part is real though.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:15am On Feb 04, 2022
osazsky:
Waiting bet do una..youth borrow million go put for ponzi farm u nor see that one..forex scam...mmm...n power...nysc....all ponzi..pyramid...blogging...these are the things that are wasting our youths..leave betting alone..the money i lost in fotex 9 years ago bet gave me back..una way they bet 100 naira in 3 days go still dey talk say bet finish u..the more u grow old d lesser the chances of making money..n power dey waste the lives of usefull youth at thier prime..i saw one graduate who was working his papers to serve twice cuz of 33k allowee ...learn hand work..forget make money online .bla bla..frelancing programming rubbish..blogging that no one knows off...lastly youths way they collect 3k on election ground u will nerver win a bet ..u will suffer.no need to mention bitcoin's that one supose get him own topic the day way person chop belle full..i nor get strength now
You're a mumu man, but I can understand...your last sentence explain it all.

1 Like

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by DaveHarry(m): 6:14am On Feb 04, 2022
As with everything else, betting is one of the risky businesses one can get involved in. There are people who know their onion in the game, and make a solid living gambling. The thing is this: Do your own research!
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Adebowalay(m): 8:29am On Feb 04, 2022
mazizitonene:

my brother, your wisdom no go falter...ur point deep abeg
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Adebowalay(m): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2022
nonut:
there's no demon. Gambling and drug addiction is for the weak. The strong work their ass out.
that's not true, even the hardworking guys can't seem to understand what's happening and how they still keep finding themselves in bet9ja shop forcasting or playing Obum gbam gbam...aka baby sheju
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by nomsreal(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2022
geelite:
it depends on what you are playing. stake with high money with low odds................................eg 500000 to play 1.10 odds and get 5k as your gain. chikena
Na so Algeria 1.08 odd chop my 200k at the Afcon

2 Likes

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Fame1309(f): 9:19am On Feb 04, 2022
Alvinofnaija:
One of the ills of the technological advancements of africa is sport betting.
In recent times, the sector has grown and as contributed to Africans GDP but at what cost.

Nigeria like Uganda and all other countries with large youth unemployment has seen her youth rot away and suffer greatly in the hands of sport betting.

Meanwhile, sport betting companies continues to innovate and finds ways to gain more captives by leveraging social media influencer to market the 'Product'.

Influencer like Mr Macaroni, Kiekie, Mark Angel and other key YouTubers have dedicated several videos just to promote this act.

200% bonus they call it, Cash out before the games ends, this are some of the gimmicks used by this companies.

My Friends and acquaintances have lots their allowances to this acts, they spend the lion share of their allowances on betting and beg for garri before the month ends.

Wives are losing their husbands
Children are losing their fathers
Husbands are also losing their wives
More importantly, the Nation is losing its citizens

NIGERIA, who shall save your youths from this mess?
In as much as we want to confirm sport bet,we should also know that there are guys who are eating big from this game.
If u are here doing well from this business,share ur view on it thanks.

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Fame1309(f): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2022
In as much as we want to confirm sport bet,we should also know that there are guys who are eating big from this game.
If u are here doing well from this business,share ur view on it thanks.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Kabari239(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2022
The house always win because of the edge they have over average bettor
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Adakintroy: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Muhammadson2020:
grin. He is an astute business man. Na you no wake up from your slumber. You can start your own betting company too

Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Adakintroy: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Muhammadson2020:
grin. He is an astute business man. Na you no wake up from your slumber. You can start your own betting company too
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Adakintroy: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Muhammadson2020:

Hes a gambler..proberly sold matches in his playing days. Bad habbits no de start overnight. Zida.n Na coach so is conte. See the side of the game he ended up on. The dark end. The guy no be better person..start a business no mean open ashawo business.

Youth no get head, what the way forward. Let's open gambling stores.
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by stevejohnson(m): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2022
good article
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
obembet:

I wish I can drop 2 odds for your now but lala fit ban me for 2 years.

I play am with 500k
Drop am boss
Re: Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
nonyofor2:
U never see tripple correct scores play na y u dey yarn rubbish. People are making it big in betting my dear, all u need is to follow who know road. Follow mes hack on Facebook and thank me later.
Hafa boss can you drop link or screenshot the page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenya Brown's Cheese: Female Workers Made To Strip Over Used Sanitary Pad / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Jumia Staff Suffocated To Death While On Duty (details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.