Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

My In-laws Driving Me Nuts - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Driving Me Nuts (36047 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by SmileDance(f): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Ybaby:

Insulting ke!

The solution is simple ... donot come home randomly.. tell your hubby you are going to visit your parents and do video call, let him see it is true then sleep off by mistake... call him in the middle of the night so he knows you are in your parents home but could not get to your house.

Once your sis in law cannot get in she will have to find someone to sleep

Apologize profusely but repeat next week on another day till she gets it profusely.

If she has a spare key pretend the lock there now spoilt or even spoil it then change it for that reason and do thay give her a spare. She only enters when you are around and you often sleep off at your parents wink

Increase to 3 times a week of sleeping off... video calling your hubby so he knows you are not cheating.

Never ever let people feel they can push you around without consequences.

Always apologize profusely after giving her this punishment..... she will stay in her father's house.
thank you for this advise, op better use this strategy

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by BlueAir: 9:06am On Jun 25, 2022
undecided how's d rude inlaw a problem? Let's assumes she's rude and ungrateful, why not just keep to ur peace and live as if u live alone, keep all conversations to good morning or good night, if it's feeding her that's inconveniences u,agree with ur husband that you would only cook yourself and he should talk to her to sort her feeding and living expenses. If u have a job,leave house and focus on ur job,if u must stay at home,keep yourself busy or go visit a friend. What's hard here?

The way I find it hard to trust women ehn, grin like someone above said,u might want to be collecting extra dickkk hence the need to do away with potential alarm machines.
Olarhhh:
I updated the story under the comments since questions keep coming
I don't have any problem with my inlaw, infact staying around when my husband left is best but he left a lot of loan to be paid and he hasn't secured a job over there yet and their mother won't let me take her as my own sister but my inlaw,,, it's inconvenience..
A sister would understand the situation, some inlaws will also, but not my own inlaw, that's why I need space
Her being around is extra mouth to feed
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Allisgud: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2022
It's not easy for some women cos husband family will disturb one way or the other,though we have bad women sha,but do it with conscience
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ernesthugo(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2022
HOPE IT IS NOT DUBAI HE TRAVELLED TO?
Olarhhh:
I and my husband live in a mini flat (a room and parlor self contain) and since the very day we got the place early last year, his younger brother has been living with us because he fought with their father and my husband told him to come over to his place (we weren't married then but live together) so he continued living with us till he went to school last year November, and we were both happy that we can finally have our own privacy.
Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave,,
Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted. Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.
Hubby travelled without being stable yet, left some loan behind that I have to sort through business, business isn't good also cos he borrowed some business money, no foodstuffs at home and I still have to cater for the sister, before you blame me put your sister or wife in my shoes, the father still calls to collect money despite all this and I have my daughter to cater for.. so much story behind it that can't be told,, to think that he travelled because his family problem was unbearable
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by almarthins(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
I and my husband live in a mini flat (a room and parlor self contain) and since the very day we got the place early last year, his younger brother has been living with us because he fought with their father and my husband told him to come over to his place (we weren't married then but live together) so he continued living with us till he went to school last year November, and we were both happy that we can finally have our own privacy.

Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave.

Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted.

Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.

Please help

grin grin grin
Na one side story be this, let us hear from the other people

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by kpajie1: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2022
You are a jezebel in woman.i have check u physcological

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by BlueAir: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2022
undecided you shouldn't encourage evil. That girl may be childish and spoilt doesn't mean she doesn't mean anything to the husband
SmileDance:
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Uniquekriss(m): 9:08am On Jun 25, 2022
viceddy95:
How which she was your sister, will you do same thing to her even though she spends years there..
No single respect for your husband's family

Madam make peace with your in-laws, don't come to social media looking for support in the name of advice....

Your husband just traveled abroad and you want to start turning him against his family already...
this is not a mature advice. Put your sister in her shoes.

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by hope4nigeria(m): 9:08am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave.

Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted.

Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.

Please help
talk to your husband to move you to another apartment then it will look like you move there on your own, nobody will come near you, but you sure your husband won't marry another woman over there and give the family every reason to mock you?

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by SerikiFulani(m): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2022
Some men do fvck up big time undecided

How can you leave your wife here in nigeria and travel out of the country ...No wonder a lotta married women are fucking around.

OP , your husband's sister is there to monitor you...They know you might want to fvck around and they put her there to keep an eye on you.

If you get hot now,how would you handle such situations?Would you cheat ? Or would you get intimacy gadgets?

I'll love to know @OP

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by SmileDance(f): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2022
hope4nigeria:
talk to your husband to move you to another apartment then it will look like you move there on your own, nobody will come near you, but you sure your husband won't marry another woman over there and give the family every reason to mock you?
she should stop cooking for the sister in law, pretend like there is no food at home.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by jimakeabi: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2022
I understand you well, u want her to leave now, so that you can be importing different man abi...

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Emperorx: 9:11am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help
You want her to leave so that you can start bringing ur male friends abi

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Deeprooted: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2022
Remember, your husband has a family before your arrival into his life.

If my wife tries this nonsense you're doing to your in-laws, trust me, she's leaving my house.

The day you married your husband,you married into his family. If your husband no get money na you go be first to run comot, come leave him and em family.

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2022
SmileDance:
she should stop cooking for the sister in law, pretend like there is no food at home.
women, una wicked ehn.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Itzurboi(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2022
Judging from your writeup, your husband extended family have boundary issues..
If you have the money, you can see a counsellor.

Me wey my brother dey 30mins drive away from my place, we never jam for past 9months but talk over the phone regularly.

4 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ximenez(m): 9:15am On Jun 25, 2022
viceddy95:

Is that the reason she said her husband's family is nosy, can she say the same thing about her family.
Don't mind her, she probably tagged the sister lazy and rude because she doesn't like her.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ojemedad: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help

Your husband travelled abroad, instead of you to be happy that somone is keeping you company in the house you want her to leave. I Know wetin dey ur mind

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by omoadeleye(m): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2022
Worriedwife:

Address her sister inlaw’s rudeness and laziness. If her blood sister is rude, am sure she would have beaten her silly. Not all of us tolerate nonsense frm our siblings

How do you know that her sister in-law is rude? Bro. Women lies a lot.

Don't believe anything she says here ...

Women can be crying and still be lying

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Enumerator(m): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2022
You are wicked

Typical naija women sha, always like doing my husband and i

Just so you know, befor you met him he had his family first before you, let that sink into your entitlement skull!
Olarhhh:

Please help
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by nizelgirl(f): 9:23am On Jun 25, 2022
If you have the money relocate from there when your rent is due. Some in-laws could be very funny with their entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by bigtt76(f): 9:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Sad how everyone seem to be castigating her yet forgot to read this part - in this Buhari's Nigeria, she's helping to repay a loan, cater for herself, her daughter and someone else's daughter. Haba feel pity for her naau. Do you all know her reality? Do you know the business she's into or if it's profitable?

I understand when you marry you marry into your husband's family but hey the husband's family wahala should not end up and join your own.

@Olarhhh - I understand you and your pain what I would advise is just tolerate the situation because you don't want your husband's family to tun against you and trust me when things stabilizes for your husband, he may end up dumping you for another if his family goes against you. Try as much as you can to have a sit down with your sister in-law and help her become productive and resourceful. See her as your sister and treat her as such even if she's rude or being unreasonable. Above all -PRAY.....PRAY dear!

Olarhhh:
Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave,,
Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted. Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.
Hubby travelled without being stable yet, left some loan behind that I have to sort through business, business isn't good also cos he borrowed some business money, no foodstuffs at home and I still have to cater for the sister, before you blame me put your sister or wife in my shoes, the father still calls to collect money despite all this and I have my daughter to cater for.. so much story behind it that can't be told,, to think that he travelled because his family problem was unbearable
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Connected1: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2022
This is why I love wise women, you have to be logical in this situation.

No matter you paint the story or whatever you are true intentions are, if you chase that girl away, everyone including me telling you this will assume you are a slut, there's no privacy needed here, it's not as if it's a man, why can't you live with a fellow woman.

I have had bad experiences with my uncle's wives without even living with them but I don't want to assume you are bad.

If you can't live that girl, forget am, you be olosho, I personally think your husband brought her in to monitor your movements and also keep you away from boredom, so if you have any complaints about her, it's best you tell your husband so that he would talk to her, warn her and she will take corrections.

If you like go disgrace your family, moreover you shouldn't say he travelled because his family's problem are unbearable, that's very stupid of you to say, he travelled to hustle for a better life, abi nor be you dae complain of money, it's not as if he went to vacation.

Infact I can see you are a bad woman, typical Naija woman who wants everything for herself and her family.

Spits.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by homealone00: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
ibechris:
People may u see u as a bad wife but your husband is the cause of this problem.

Every newly married and even old time married couple deserve their privacy. No matter how one sees it. Your in laws should have known this before hand.

This is a clear case of asunder and i see no reason why such a person should continue to stay when her brother is not around.

Talk to your husband that he needs to iron this matter squarely and let everyone be. Since it wasn't job that took her down to your house, what is she their for if not to cause problem.

Terrible
in laws!

If my wife call to tell me such, will tell her to drop my kids and leave my house, my family cant leave for a woman, the only bond I have is with the child. If anything happen tomorrow, na me and my family go still remain i always anticipate a woman to leave and am always ready for that. cool
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Watinhapen(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
Madam your husband has traveled out, that means you’ll be alone if his sister leaves. Do you want to be all alone in the house? Won’t you feel bored and lonely? You should even be happy that you’ve someone to talk to at home. Try to make her your friend and tell her to assist you with house chores. Bring her close to you just like your sister. If you want her to leave by all means it’ll look like you want to have privacy so you can start bringing men to the house. I hope that’s not what you’re planning.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ximenez(m): 9:28am On Jun 25, 2022
SmileDance:
Lol
That's assuming the sister doesn't have a spare key ba?
A man can't change his sister, brother or parents.
But wives leave all the time.
The only problem I'm seeing here is perhaps the house is too small.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by AmazingELixir: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help

Op better to start with "My husband and I" instead of " I and my husband"..
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Connected1: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2022
Watinhapen:
Madam your husband has traveled out, that means you’ll be alone if his sister leaves. Do you want to be all alone in the house? Won’t you feel bored and lonely? You should even be happy that you’ve someone to talk to at home. Try to make her your friend and tell her to assist you with house chores. Bring her close to you just like your sister. If you want her to leave by all means it’ll look like you want to have privacy so you can start bringing men to the house. I hope that’s not what you’re planning.
That's her plan bro.

It's very obvious, she just needs validation and online support to do so.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by homealone00: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2022
Itzurboi:
Judging from your writeup, your husband extended family have boundary issues..
If you have the money, you can see a counsellor.

Me wey my brother dey 30mins drive away from my place, we never jam for past 9months but talk over the phone regularly.

You no get sense, am very sure you are the type that women beats at home cheesy
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ximenez(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2022
Watinhapen:
If her "bestie" should come around, don't you think the sister will inform the husband?
Instead of her to be happy to have another female around that they can play, gist and do things together she's being hostile and forming rivalry with the poor girl.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by 07kjb: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2022
U can't leave with your sister in-law in one flat,u want to be inviting men over abi
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by princeabdul(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help
you're not alone on this, this is how women treat their hubby's family, they feel threatened when other people comes into their home. Mehn some Nigerian women are end time monsters .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart / Child Found Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway Presently At Ibafo Police Station (pho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.