Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery (52867 Views)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / 270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria / Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Godmademan(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Dangote is a goat. As in full blown mehhh meehhh

If he was Usman Kabir Laden from the North as a fellow Muslim would Dangote let him be labourer ?

How many Southern University Engineering graduates has Dangote absolved like he did for BUK n ATBU Las year??

Like Buhari like Dangote. Fulanis are all same
Is Dangote in charge of the recruitment process? Or you think this man would have presented his PhD certificate for the laborer job?
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Evidenx(m): 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
When village people write letter to you, your PhD will turn to Pull Him Down.(PHD)
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by suffering: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
I don’t see the problem here. I earn more doing the same than many of my corporate-employed buddies.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by snoopz: 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2022
You sef employ am afterall na your team Dangote give the contract
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by thesmallgod(m): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Education is important but you need to match it up with good skills which can be acquired and perfected in your quest to get an education
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by damosade(m): 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
As a PhD holder in econometrics doing laborer job, I cannot employ him simply because that PhD is holding doesn't have an impact in him.
For crying out loud he should be a thinker with ideas.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Sholaco: 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
sonofthunder:

So how did he sponsor his education?
master of science 2009 and acquired PhD 2012. Hmmm
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by hollywater: 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Good for him because he might be among those advocating for old tired legs to become president in 2023.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by twosquare(m): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2022
And why did you say Arts and Humanities are worst? Care to share?
GermanRemitaunt:
Many answers suggest some kind of entitlement for degree holders, that they will automatically get the corresponding, and hopefully we’ll paying, office / at least Junior management jobs.

This is certainly not the case in German, where I live, or France, where I’m from, especially in subjects with many more degree holders that well paying jobs. Arts and humanities are worst, languages not far behind, economics tricky enough to better have a plan b ready, especially if you lack connections.

Your typical sociologist or historian is more likely to assemble packages in an Amazon fulfillment center than to access one of the precious few paying jobs in his profession. And that’s ok, that’s why it’s called a market economy.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Lexusgs430: 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

The master key to blind is useless. How can he use it to unlock the padlock?

He just use hammer now to break the padlock but the padlock seems to be diamond one.

Not everyone, can have an alternative brain..... His brain is strictly book orientated........
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by twosquare(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
His skill is not needed here in Nigeria. Advise him to migrate to Scandinavian countries, especially those with natural resources like oil or Netherlands. Canada too is there. He will get the job and smile soon. But for this Nigeria, mo sorry...If you don't know one strong Senator Tanko, NNPC won't look your side.
thesmallgod:

That is not true bro. I have two of my colleagues that graduated with PhD in Chemical Engineering still looking for jobs for two years now. Recently, one of them told me about getting a 20k teaching job in a private secondary school. A lot is happening in the country
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Johnboom: 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
dettolgel:
That shows that he is well educated. He understands that he has to work irrespective of his degree and work means doing what is legally viable until he gets his dream jobs.

Not the half wit on NL with common BSc and will be ranting how they can't a Bleep amount of job while sitting at home munching off their aged parents.

Bsc is not common. Except you attended those mushroom versities. Those white house courses are not moimoi. Only graduate of Ife can understand.

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by ufotty2001: 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
lexy2014:

So everyone who has ICAN have jobs or well paying jobs, right?
I have ICAN I can tell you that the possibility of someone with ICAN without good job is very slim infact 2 out of 10... Thousands of companies are looking for a chartered accountant.. the worst that can happen to a chartered accountant is to be underpaid.. it is not possible to be ICAN chartered without a job.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by twosquare(m): 2:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
Do both. If I can, you can.
newoffer:
I am contemplating right now. Either to set up business or continue furthering education where employers pay 80k. Almost a shame
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by dettolgel: 2:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
Johnboom:
Bsc is not common. Except you attended those mushroom versities. Those white house courses are not moimoi. Only graduate of Ife can understand.

You are right it is not common I push it a bit to make my point.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by somehow: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Money or Succes itself.

So Nigerians see Education as money?
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by emapeteum(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
This story doesn't add up. Show us the degrees and the school(s) he graduated from. There is a shortage of lecturers with PhD in Nigerian Universities except he just completed his PhD. There may be a delay time before having a job
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ankapaige:
We live in a country whereby most of the degrees we acquired do not correlate with our jobs. I graduated from the Department of Political science & International relations, but I currently work in a heavy equipment operator training firm where I am earning well. Most of our trainee operators earn more than what some firms or banks can pay their employees in a month. We have trained Ph.D. holders, masters, and even BSc graduates to operate heavy machinery. Therefore, working in a company or a bank as an accountant does not mean good pay. some bank workers are earning between 50k to 100k depending on their duties and ranks. Maybe he is earning more as a laborer.

God bless you. Nobody asked how much he is earning there. Did he complain to the OP, or he just assumed the guy wasnt happy on the job
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Archworld(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ankapaige:
We live in a country whereby most of the degrees we acquired do not correlate with our jobs. I graduated from the Department of Political science & International relations, but I currently work in a heavy equipment operator training firm where I am earning well. Most of our trainee operators earn more than what some firms or banks can pay their employees in a month. We have trained Ph.D. holders, masters, and even BSc graduates to operate heavy machinery. Therefore, working in a company or a bank as an accountant does not mean good pay. some bank workers are earning between 50k to 100k depending on their duties and ranks. Maybe he is earning more as a laborer.

Sir, could you please link me up? I am an accountant and I have worked for years with no result to show for it because of the peanut salary. Kindly help help me out sir . 08.0937.65.79.5
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by lexy2014: 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2022
ufotty2001:

I have ICAN I can tell you that the possibility of someone with ICAN without good job is very slim infact 2 out of 10... Thousands of companies are looking for a chartered accountant.. the worst that can happen to a chartered accountant is to be underpaid.. it is not possible to be ICAN chartered without a job.

How did u arrive at your "2 out of 10"?
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Annie001: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
This story get k leg, even with my master's degree I still dey put food on my table, without looking for a job.
This is what happens when you get a degree cutting corners
He doesn't deserve to hold that degree.
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Cuteimma1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
good day boss. I will like to communicate with you
Ankapaige:
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Hassanmaye(m): 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Jman06:
It is not always about pay my friend! It is about applying your knowledge and skills where it is more appropriate. That is what would guarantee job satisfaction!

I'm sure this man would have preferred working with his degrees as a lecturer in a university or as a researcher in a research institution or other organizations, but the corruption and nepotism in Nigeria hindered him. It's unfortunate!

People! Never you make the mistake of studying higher degrees without a job first, especially PhD. It usually doesn't end well for the person.
True, all my friends are eager to go back for masters degree while they are not yet financially stable, I told I would not do that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by AngelicBeing: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
shocked
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by SeunNotOwner: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
sageb:

I hope he gets a better job
In saner climes, this man would have been gainfully employed.
You will never see that Udom hypeman called Illaumoh aka hunchogee in this kind of thread.
If it is to hype politicians looting Akwa Ibom treasury, you will see him.

Anything can happen in this world. Yhis is happening in a saner clime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3VGI0V5Rs

1 Like

Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Mo4ever: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
I think he has a plan possibly to gain employment in Dangote company
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Hassanmaye(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
lexy2014:

Is it everybody who has learnt a skill that has succeeded with the skill they learned? Is it everyone who has attempted business that has succeeded at business?
No, but me you will be more frustrated wasting your time earning a phd and start from grass looking for a job, is better you start something
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Hassanmaye(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
danowena:

If not for the infinite mercies and grace of God, I nearly found myself in a similar situation with my 1st class from a british university.
Is not possible to graduate with a British university First class and couldn't get a good job anywhere in the world
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Hassanmaye(m): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
Gate050:

This is what we have been saying. You went to the university to pile up papers so whats the essence of your education when you can't employ yourself? All money wasted acquiring MSc and PhD is enough to help your career that's if you got any when you were doing your first degree. Now start eating that paper na. Mumu!
Haha have pity at least na
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by lastchild: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2022
please no one should allow this discourage him or her from going to school
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Hassanmaye(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Judolisco:
u can easily get a sponsor for anything academics Na... Ur parents day are civil servants can easily sponsor u.. But might not be able to get u a job... D nigga is a hustler... I'm currently doing my msc and I'm earning less than 100k per month
You are earning good some are jobless
Re: Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery by Hassanmaye(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Nobody changed the padlock. Education remains the key. But only smart ones see the keyhole.
Karyar banza

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.