Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident (12509 Views)

One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River / Policemen Cause Accident In Ogbomosho, Oyo. One Dead, Vehicles Destroyed (video) / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by DamnnNiggarr: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident
A fatal road crash has claimed the life of one person in the Akungba-Akoko, in Akoko South-West Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The crash which occurred on Tuesday along the Ikare/Akungba Road was caused by a truck driver conveying foodstuffs who lost control due to brake failure.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps in the state, Ezekiel Sonallah confirmed the incident to Channels Television via a telephone interview.

He said that 10 persons comprising nine males and one female were involved in the crash.

The Sector Commander also admonished motorists to always ensure their vehicles are in good condition before embarking on any journey.

The remains of the deceased have been deposited at the morgue, while the injured are receiving treatment at the General Hospital in Ikare-Akoko.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/02/01/one-dead-nine-injured-in-ondo-road-accident/

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by DamnnNiggarr: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
shocked

Condolences to the family of the bereaved and quick recovery to the injured ones embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by cherishmichael: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
O my goodness, too much death this days.

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by GboyegaD(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
May the soul of the departed rest inpeace and quick recovery to the injured ones.

What is the penalty to the driver and vehicle whose brake was faulty and was still driving on the motorways?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by SEKOTECH: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Rip
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by geokrack: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Sad day for the families..... God protect us all...
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Lawmak: 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Driving without break is one of the most foolish decision to make. Please don't try it.
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Fapemz: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by faithfull18(f): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mehn, what's happening in this area.
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Blackshared: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
Una go just Drop news with no proper info.
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by mikemodel24: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
Again!!!
Should be the 3rd this year I think.
Back then no casualty from those accident na to just go. Collect you share of whatever the truck carries. Ever petrol tanker no dey explode. Student go still empty the tank.
I think Akungba need prayer

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by tillaman(m): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
sad
Rest In Peace and May God comfort the bereaved family
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by 1F30M4(f): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
That Akungba road na real apology. May God comfort & strengthen the family of the deceased and may God lay His healing hands upon those that were badly injured.

2 Likes

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Kreme(m): 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
Brake don fail for Cele junction again??

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
South west should be boycotted ASAP
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Mo10go(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
This absolutely not normal again, same spot always and still the Ondo state government never sort for solution, it's now a culture every year
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by dsocioemmy(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
Akungba again : sad

Same thing every single year. Haba

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by nextBIGthing: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
That road has become something else
Blood sucking road

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by sript: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
mikemodel24:
Again!!!
Should be the 3rd this year I think.
Back then no casualty from those accident na to just go. Collect you share of whatever the truck carries. Ever petrol tanker no dey explode. Student go still empty the tank.
I think Akungba need prayer

U can't see such gory accident scene and still want to loot ...

I've been making my voice heard for the umpteenth time,, more of such and even worse than this will still occur since the government continue to shirk from their responsibility..
Thank God no students was involved as the students has just started their exams

This days is becoming the norm for people to witness accident scene almost every week involving trailer loaded with goods!

The road has a hilly topography when descending from ikare to Akungba which is a possible reasons while most of breaks of trucks fail,
The governor His excellency ARAKURIN OLUWAROTMI AKEREDOLU san should put measure quickly arrest this horrible occurrences, that is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
U will see trucks in convoy moving along the road

See photos

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by sript: 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mo10go:
This absolutely not normal again, same spot always and still the Ondo state government never sort for solution, it's now a culture every year

Sad to say this.. it's not every year...it's happening weekly now..

Every now and then we would hear that the government planning a dualisation of the road but nothing has been done...

It's a pity
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Omniman(m): 12:03am On Feb 02, 2022
shocked
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Lilsameey: 12:34am On Feb 02, 2022
This is the 3rd accident in Akungba-Akoko so far this year, Am always going out with one mind, make trailer no crush my skull if I carry bike dey go out. Every fucking day, heavy duty trailers ply that road and they drive recklessly. From morning till night, Trailers.

2 Likes

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Wonk(m): 5:32am On Feb 02, 2022
Sh!t ain't safe!
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:33am On Feb 02, 2022
sad May the dead rest in peace.
But as a matter of fact,some road accidents are not ordinary. Some are being proposed, approved and executed from witches'coven and mermaid world.
These forces can drink blood for Africa.
Oh God,May our travels be accident free IJN.Amen.
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by shakurpaul(m): 5:42am On Feb 02, 2022
Anyone interested in NFT's here

Join the discord below guys.

There is a high chance for you to get WHITELISTED for at least three NFT's.

2 more days left to the mint/lunch day.

Do not miss out Naira landers

https://discord./3zEn2RKB
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Obyangel: 7:21am On Feb 02, 2022
Our head is will not see evil and accident in Jesus name amen. Government should do something about this quickly
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by bestman09(m): 8:03am On Feb 02, 2022
sad
My condolences to the family of the bereaved. May the Lord console them. It's not an easy thing to lose a loved one
Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by mikemodel24: 8:17am On Feb 02, 2022
sript:

U can't see such gory accident scene and still want to loot ...

I've been making my voice heard for the umpteenth time,, more of such and even worse than this will still occur since the government continue to shirk from their responsibility..
Thank God no students was involved as the students has just started their exams

This days is becoming the norm for people to witness accident scene almost every week involving trailer loaded with goods!

The road has a hilly topography when descending from ikare to Akungba which is a possible reasons while most of breaks of trucks fail,
The governor His excellency ARAKURIN OLUWAROTMI AKEREDOLU san should put measure quickly arrest this horrible occurrences, that is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
U will see trucks in convoy moving along the road

See photos
This kind of accident started when trailer ram into the market, I think 2018

1 Like

Re: One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident by Enibanks(f): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2022
it is well ooo are you sure they are not making that road for sacrifice because how can accident keep occouring every damn time in Akungba its only that know what they planted in that area that is falling cars and trailers, that road sucks alots of blood they should all gathered together to go and pray and anoint that road with the blood of JESUS CHRIST

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? / Kenya Visa Needed / Luxembourg Enquiries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.