Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? (24334 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by hotplay: 11:40am On Feb 02, 2022
Good day Nairalanders, I need your advice.
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

What should I do guys? I'm confused.

78 Likes 13 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2022
hhh funny first. the police must be dumb. so he collected ur money and help you get another Bus. abeg sell the phone

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Xscape1993(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2022
Just give it to him and leave him to his conscience bro. There are battles we win through the human conscience.

356 Likes 28 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by JAMO4REAL1(m): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2022
If u return the phone The officer will said
u steal the phone they can lock u up. but u can return it

329 Likes 20 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by donbachi(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2022
Return it to him at the CP's office.with details of what happened.make sure u collect ur shoes and 3k.na thunder fire dat one.

515 Likes 30 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Oxtertee(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
I will advice you to return the phone but not to him directly, report the issue at a police division hq and ask him to be invited with ur own belongings. Coz police can be dubious and deadly as he may use the tracking device available to NPF to track his mobile and report it stolen to rope you in big way or track ur location and way laid you.

Play say bro. after devil, na NPF follow.

459 Likes 19 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hmm! Eleyi dangerous gan oo

If you return it, I'm not sure he wouldn't change the story for you and implicate you with it.

On the other hand, if you don't return it, just pray that the two of you will never meet. Cause na trouble be that one again.

But normally, the right thing to do when you have someone else's possession in your capacity is to return it. So seek all safe measures you can think of to ensure the phone gets back to him.

Doing that to him could even touch his heart and change him for good; who knows?

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Bigpapi: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.
I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons. Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.
I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact buy to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.
I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

If u Eva return that phone thunder will fire you, comon go and sell it sharp sharp, the hunter became the hunted

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by providencia(m): 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bigpapi:

If u Eva return that phone thunder will fire you, comon go and sell it sharp sharp, the hunter became the hunted

Op don't listen to him! Do not sell that phone. I repeat do not sell that phone you will be caught.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by nifemi25(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
If I tell you to sell it now, the police might decided to track the phone and get you. If I asked you to keep it now , the phone might got spoilt where you kept it. Ma da mi lamu. Do whatever you like with it. Sho ti gbo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by hotplay: 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Boogyman557: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Holly Gram cool

I SWEAR DOWN

if U RETURN dat PHONE..

Na KALA I go take BLAST ur left leg DROP 4 GROUND..

LITE UP my WEED in peace..

WTF MAN

7 Likes

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by psalmylee: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
My guy ,E no go better for u if u return that phone.Aje

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nicepoker(m): 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
Tell him to transfer that 3k back use a POS agent for the transfer. About the phone do whatever you wish.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Truvelisback(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons. Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.
I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact buy to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.
Return the Phone to avoid implication.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
The person that will suffer is the person rht buys it from you

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Angrygoat: 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
Place it on express,board a bike from abt 10 feet away and tell the bike man to fly over the phone till it pieces. Pls

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by MisterMan123456: 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
Tell him to transfer 5k to you through POS, so you can waybill the phone to him grin
2k profit

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by FuckDModz: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Export all his contacts, then drop the useless phone for him somewhere.

If he misbehaves, you get creative with his contacts.

Shalom.

hotplay:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by slawormiir: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Hell no

Throw the phone into the lagoon

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Maj196(m): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Odikwa serious
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by parzdor(m): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Qw
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by crossfm: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bush meat go soon turn the hunter.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ButterBurger: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
You don carry jogbo, hopefully you win the case
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by DAMIMONY: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
Reason well, police is not your friend.i leave conclusion to the wise man beneath

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by venabili: 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
Just throway the phone into a big body of water

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Anndrew(m): 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
JAMO4REAL1:
If u return the phone The officer will said
u steal the phone they can lock u up. but u can return it
which kind contradiction b this nah...if him return am,them go run am street..so make him return am...which of them,will u do if it was u...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by SportsHD: 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
angry
Those cops are bastards. Please don't return the phone. It's an Android phone, once you flash it and erase the information, it can't never be tracked. He used 3k to give away his phone.
Even iphone 13 wey we pay 40k for to track, the police couldn't track it, not to talk of useless android.

Just dump his sim into the nearest river or dusbin.

If you try and return it, he can rope you and arrest you. Person wey wan extort you for nothing before. He would now have all the power to arrest you if you dare return that phone.

He probably siezed it from an innocent who couldn't pay his bail on something the innocent didn't do.

Then, sell the phone off or you can start using it. You are safe.

By the way, check if he has a Facebook page, I'll dm you now. I need his Facebook name/details/contact information and where he stays.
Most of those bagas put that on their Facebook page.

Most of the people that are telling you to return it haven't been extorted by the police before, they don't know what it's like to be accused and robbed for something you didn't do.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by BigYash: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
Don't return it just like that.. If possible get a lawyer,and go to the CP's office.. Report and let them invite him.. The police man don nter one chance.. He will pay for all expenses you incurred..
Cux if u return it just like that.. Them go say you thief. Don't waste time o,cux he go don already report the case since..

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Biggie2000(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
You are serving a living God.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by visijo(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
When a Nigerian begin a statement with ‘Actually ‘ just know say Na lie go follow �

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by toffyz(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
Wow
First of all, are you sure the cop doesn't recognize your face?
If you sure he can't recognize your face next time you see then you're good to go

For the fact that he dubiously collected 3K from you for offense you didn't commit, shows he deserved every bit of your punishment.

Don't return that phone bro!
Hope the cost of your shoes and USB cord can be made up by selling the phone?

If yes, baba take your time and sell the phone to an anonymous person.

Fvck the cop!

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Keke Driver Shot Dead By Soldiers For Causing An Accident In Borno. Graphic Pics / Zazzau Emirate Council Dismisses Palace Guard Over Gangrape Of Bride-to-be / Naval Rating Beats Wife To Death In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.