Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. (21987 Views)

Help : Zenith Bank Refused To Recall Erroneous Transfer To Opay / First Bank Stress. Must I Bear The Cost Of Erroneous Credit To My Account? / EFCC Arraigns Polaris Bank Official For N12.6m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Macolapablo: 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2022
Good afternoon comrades. Please, forgive me if I am in the wrong section.

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Righteousness2(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2022
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Olunmercy56(f): 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

My pastor grin grin

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Macolapablo: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bro, thanks very much but if it takes the guy a year then I have to wait. Nah wah oh.
You have to please join me in prayers o. Thanks once again bro

quote author=Righteousness2 post=109892705]When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

[/quote]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Macolapablo: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
My sister, it's kind of funny to me. I have to pray for erroneous transfer. Shey nah spiritual problem be this one again ni?

quote author=Olunmercy56 post=109892947]

My pastor grin grin[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by IfGodbeforus(m): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
Quite funny. But you really need to go Pray.
Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Babalakin(m): 1:19am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Good afternoon comrades. Please, forgive me if I am in the wrong section.

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

Modified:

The guys quoting me below will give you the solution since they are all blabbing at my comment.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Quantumheight(m): 1:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin
The bank has no right to touch or transfer the funds to you unless the person visit d bank and told to transfer the funds back to you.the bank has placed a lein on d account and the owner of d account can't make use of d bank unless he visit d bank.thsts why they asked you to pray

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Fibonacci88: 3:38am On Feb 04, 2022
Go and get a court order if u want ur money transferred back without recourse to the initial beneficiary. U don't expect d bank to just debit someone else acc just because u made an erroneous transfer. The best they can do is lien d acc and contact the customer. I have been I this situation and that what d bank did for me. U lucky it's an internal transfer sef.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Fapemz: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MufasaLion: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2022
This country is a big joke and religion has done it's worse also. How could a trained bank official utter such disgusting and unprofessional statement to a customer?

If the U.S. had relied on prayer and not create FBI, Hushspuppi and other fraudsters would still be living large by now as free individuals.

This country is shit!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Antoeni(m): 8:11am On Feb 04, 2022
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2022
Lol. Very funny op. So, you expect bank to just withdraw money give you from someone else's account because it's a mistake. If na like that, all of us fit dey enter bank too to claim we made a mistake with a transfer. So, we want the money back angry grin grin grin grin
Ask the bank for the legal process which is obtaining a court order and all that. Wish you best of lucks in the recovery cos country hard. undecided cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by freshkpomo(m): 8:12am On Feb 04, 2022
Banks and Hospitals in Nigeria are more of business than offering services.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by chloride6: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2022
He is absolutely correct.

You should pray because you voluntarily sent the money..

You should understand that transfers are intended to be final and irrevocable.

So pray that the guy is good hearted enough to refund you.

Understand?..

21 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MODOTA: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.
very correct

15 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by DrChukki: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
What they told you is exactly what you should do.

How sure are we that it's truly an error?

Do we know if it's your gf but you broke up with her and want your money back? grin

My dear go and pray... grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Luckysbab: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Terafoum:
This country is a joke

How does this relate to the post?

Someone else has explained up there and it follows the right logic.

5 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Dailymice: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
angry
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by BF69BF: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
It's like you're not interested in your money again, you better pray grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Latidoh1: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
As you have said "it's just 30k". You can aswell "just forget it"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Borntodie: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
grin grin
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by TheABOMINATION: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
My sister, it's kind of funny to me. I have to pray for erroneous transfer. Shey nah spiritual problem be this one again ni?

quote author=Olunmercy56 post=109892947]

My pastor grin grin

I would advise you to count your losses, pick up the pieces and move on. For all you know, you transferred the money to the account of a dead man, and you will grow white hair while waiting for him to return the money.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by flyca: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Quantumheight:

The bank has no right to touch or transfer the funds to you unless the person visit d bank and told to transfer the funds back to you.the bank has placed a lein on d account and the owner of d account can't make use of d bank unless he visit d bank.thsts why they asked you to pray

Assuming this is true...
They should have explained this to him in the bank to ease him, not “go and pray”.

5 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Raychee(f): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by freshalien: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2022
See why I say Nigeria is a useless country?Abroad, they would transfer that money sharp sharp back to your account. As long as they confirm you made the initial “erroneous” transfer. In fact right there in your presence as you stand in front of the bank staff, your money would be back in your account. But in the insignificant country called Nigeria, the bank official would tell the customer to pray. You see how religion has eaten the brains of Nigerians, that they can’t think for themselves if their god does not intervene. Smh!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by frankson1(m): 8:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Fibonacci88:
Go and get a court order if u want ur money transferred back without recourse to the initial beneficiary. U don't expect d bank to just debit someone else acc just because u made an erroneous transfer. The best they can do is lien d acc and contact the customer. I have been I this situation and that what d bank did for me. U lucky it's an internal transfer sef.

Haba!!! Court order....for how much undecided

The account has been blocked for whatever reasons and there's nothing the bank can do other than wait for the owner to come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Bobloco: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Go! Watch and pray

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by sunshine1974(m): 8:15am On Feb 04, 2022
The bank official is right, no bank will just debit another customer without consent. That is the reason why he said you should pray.

The other way is to get a court order. Without a court order, you will have to wait till the person signs a consensual agreement to refund the money.

If not people will abuse it na, you can make a payment to me after buying something and later go to bank to say the transfer was an error.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by EmekaMD(m): 8:15am On Feb 04, 2022
You should understand this.
The bank has no right to move out the money without the consent of the receiving account holder. Be it erroneous or not.
How do you think the bank can confirm that the payment was erroneous if the other party did not confirm such? What if you made a payment for a good or service you have received but then dubiously went to claim your payment back after receiving ur goods?

Be patient and "pray" like you're told.
The receiving account owner can claim the payment was made for a good or service he offered you and all the bank can do is advise you to seek a legal help. Nothing more

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by snoopz: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2022
Depends on who is blocked the account...
If na bank block am, you don enter one chance o but if na the owner block him account just Goan pray make he call the his account officer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BDC Operators Caution Currency Speculators As Naira Strengthens Further / The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know / Fire Guts Shops At Balogun Market In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.