Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole (3564 Views)

Photos : Members Of Yoruba Council Of Elders Visit Jonathan At State House Today / Council Of Elders Of Indigenous People Of Biafra --last Night Broadcast / Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by aloyemeka1: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2011
[size=14pt]YCE wants Tambuwal tried with Bankole[/size]

From Iyabo Lawal, Ibadan

THE Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE) rose from their meeting yesterday in Ibadan calling for the trial of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) alongside his erstwhile principal, Dimeji Bankole in the ongoing loan scandal.

The council, otherwise called Igbimo Agba Yoruba insisted that apart from Bankole and his former Deputy, Usman Nafada, other principal officers of the last legislative house should be arrested and prosecuted.

In a statement read by its National Secretary, Chief Idowu Sofola (SAN), the council was worried that Bankole and Nafada were the only sacrificial lambs in the alleged loan deal and insisted that other principal officers who participated in the scam should be tried.

"If the PDP could wield the big stick once when they forced a Senate President to resign over graft related details, the current Speaker and his deputy, who collaborated with Bankole and Nafada in the loan deal should be made to stand down from their exalted positions and face similar ordeals as their former leaders. It is embarrassing and surprising that Bakole, the former number four citizen of Nigeria was arrested and detained on the allegation of obtaining illegal loan and misappropriating same to selected members of the caucus in the House of Representative."

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52117:yce-wants-tambuwal-tried-with-bankole&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by OAM4J: 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
They should focus on more important issues affecting the Yorubas and leave how EFCC prosecute Bankole alone.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by seanet02: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2011
Clueless elders. We know our real leaders. Not you that is supporting a former speaker who unleashed terror on us in 2007 just because he want to win an election.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by aloyemeka1: 9:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
EzeUche!:

If he falls then does that mean that an Igbo man rises?  grin

Mumu, trying Tambuwal will open the way for Yoruba speaker-ship again. It will be like a 2nd chance and with all the anger and embittered message from across the SW after the loss of the post, no section of the country will DARE fight a south westerner for the post.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by EzeUche1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Mumu, trying Tambuwal will open the way for a Yoruba speaker-ship again. It will be like a 2nd chance and with all the anger and embittered message from across the SW after the loss of the post, no section of the country will DARE fight a south westerner for the post.

Who is his deputy? If Tambuwal falls, then who is next in line. It is an Igbo man. This will not be by force.

And who is afraid of the SW voting bloc? Northerners will not allow someone from the SW to take control if Tambuwal is forced out of his position.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
Awon Agbaya. . .who send them ?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by Chyz2: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
EzeUche!:

If he falls then does that mean that an Igbo man rises? grin

Yes my brother it does. grin
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by aljharem3: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
i support the move

tambuwal should be trialed as well because he was with bankole when they were sharing the money

2 corrupt mumu's

yet someone like tambuwal will say he repersents the north while us northerners are suffering and being killed in the south daily

rubbish, abeg arrest the mumu
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by bashr4: 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
alj_harem:

i support the move

tambuwal should be trialed as well because he was with bankole when they were sharing the money

2 corrupt mumu's

yet someone like tambuwal will say he repersents the north while us northerners are suffering and being killed in the south daily

rubbish, abeg arrest the mumu

lol who is killing you in the south?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by AndreUweh(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Awon Agbaya. . .who send them ?
seanet02:

Clueless elders. We know our real leaders. Not you that is supporting a former speaker who unleashed terror on us in 2007 just because he want to win an election.
Yoruba children usually respect their elders. It is not proper for elders to be insulted by children in Yorubaland.
Guys, please stop this insults on your elders. They know bettter.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by seanet02: 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Yoruba children usually respect their elders. It is not proper for elders to be insulted by children in Yorubaland.
Guys, please stop this insults on your elders. They know bettter.
In Yoruba land we usually says "Agba ti oke ohun soro, aketan sare" we don't adore useless elders like you normally do in the east. If you try to mortgage our future because of your selfish interest we put you where you deserve to be. This people are useless
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by ak47mann(m): 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
Na 2day tongue tongue
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by Desola(f): 12:08am On Jun 23, 2011
Ezeuche,

isn't it sad how you lot think? That a Yoruba man has to fall before you gain any kind of relevance? You are basically saying that so long a Yoruba man is alive, you will never amount to anything?

Kai! what a mentality! You people need to stop selling yourselves so short.

Grow some SELF ESTEEM!!! Stop living under the radar of the Yorubas!
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by HighChief4(m): 12:31am On Jun 23, 2011
^^^You are getting him wrong, if actually the speaker falls, the second in power will assume his position and he happens to be Igbo
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by dayokanu(m): 12:36am On Jun 23, 2011
EzeUche!:

If he falls then does that mean that an Igbo man rises? grin

When the Speaker falls most likely someone from his Geoploitical zone would take over just ilike in the case of Enwerem-Okadigbo-Anyim

Moreover those YCE aka OBJ cocksuckers should tape it, We know our Leader, We know our Asiwaju and its not these PDP devourers
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by EzeUche1(m): 12:57am On Jun 23, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^You are getting him wrong, if actually the speaker falls, the second in power will assume his position and he happens to be Igbo

I don't know why she stated Yoruba. What Yoruba is falling? I did not know Tambuwal is Yoruba! grin
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by babaowo: 8:25am On Jun 23, 2011
who endorse those elders in the 1st place? Or they just gather and call themself elders?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by bay77: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2011
If he commited the crime with him, it is fair that he be tried along with him. But I guess nothing like that will happen, at least for now that he is in office.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by playboy19(m): 10:01am On Jun 23, 2011
Most of the time, some people just talk before they think (and that's if they think atall).

Before you go about raining curses or abuses on your fathers, whether they are Agbayas or not, ask yourself this, would it be wrong if other partakers of the fraud were tried?

Answer that and judge your sense of reason.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by bay77: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2011
Most of the time, some people just talk before they think (and that's if they think atall).

Before you go about raining curses or abuses on your fathers, whether they are Agbayas or not, ask yourself this, would it be wrong if other partakers of the fraud were tried?

Answer that and judge your sense of reason.

Uhm, not many people reason like that.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by kolexy(m): 10:31am On Jun 23, 2011
Am amazed with the responses I have seen so far,  We cannot continue to insult our Elders and expect it to be well with us.

We would all become Elders one day; it is not a choice!!!!!!!!

Talking about Bankole.
True; Bankole stole money. But, lets face it. What happened to the corruption case against PDP chairman Haliru Bello. What about Nddudi Elumelu (power probe - power scam fame). All these corruption trials are annoyingly selective(not which hunting). Please where is Dr Peter "donatus" Odili. The Wife was appointed a Judge Court of Appeal sometime in 2006. She has used her position to block corruption trial of her hubby. Now Uncle Jonathan has appointed her Justice of the Supreme court. Is this not a reward for a job well done. Please let us not put sentiments into the issue @ hand. Ezeuche et al, let us look beyond ethnic affiliation. Let us all join hands to rid our country of this monster call corruption. Corruption has no ethnic affiliation. Where is Chimaroke Nnamani? DimejI Bankole cannot be worse than that Killer.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by unongu(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2011
Much as i do not align my thoughts with traditional leaders whom are often toothless with politically tilted mindset, i agree with the view of the YCE. If Tambuwal and his Deputy are found wanting in the Loan saga, they should be brought to book ASAP. There should be no sacred cows in this matter, only then will Nigerians begin to have faith in what EFCC does. However, let the EFCC do their job (bidding of PDP) Nigerians are watching and waiting!!!
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by Akanbiedu(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2011
There is nothing wrong in trying Tambuwal and Ihedioha if they were involved, what is wrong is making it look like ethnic persecution.

These elders have outlived their usefulness.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by playboy19(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

There is nothing wrong in trying Tambuwal and Ihedioha if they were involved, what is wrong is making it look like ethnic persecution.

These elders have outlived their usefulness.

And what have you, the youth done about anything in Nigeria other than come here on Nairaland and blab all day?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by Ournaija: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2011
I have seen countless sensible thread been hijacked by Nairaland tribalists. It has alway been Igbo vs Yoruba, North vs South etc. They leave the koko and decide to derail the thread to something of no use.

There is nothing wrong for the elders to call for justice.
@Kolexy. We have too many corrup charges and corrupt politicians. The list is endless, almost everyone is corrupt. Now where and who do we start from. Sometimes I feel like we should start this State called Nigeria all over again. For now expect more of selective persecution and prosecution. Not until we all go back to the drawing board (National Sovereign Conference) nothing will be done. It can never get better as long as we continue to pretend that all is well.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by kolexy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Ournaija, I feel very sad when I think about the situation of things in this country. Inspite of all these problems, some young people come to this good forum talking like people without sense. One would ask if God if Yoruba or Ibo. True, we have our differences, but this hatred is unbelievable.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by ak47mann(m): 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^^
blame their parents and Nigerian/government that allow some former leaders to plant hatred on their people sad sad sad
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by playboy19(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
kolexy:

@Ournaija, I feel very sad when I think about the situation of things in this country. Inspite of all these problems, some young people come to this good forum talking like people without sense. One would ask if God if Yoruba or Ibo. True, we have our differences, but this hatred is unbelievable.

It is pure stupidity, i can tell you. White people don't give a hoot which tribe you're from. To them, a Nigerian is a Nigerian. I laugh all day, the day some yoruba and igbo people on this forum were scolding hausas about Abdulmultalab case. And while the whole world was feeling sorry for us Nigerians, yoruba and igbos was busy throwing sarcasm around.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by dustydee: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
I hope they are aware that all the members including those from the SW benefitted from the lagesse? if Tambuwal is culpable then all the mebers are cos Tambuwal didn't take the loan, he was only paid from the loan taken, just like Muraina and co.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by bioye(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
kolexy:

Am amazed with the responses I have seen so far,  We cannot continue to insult our Elders and expect it to be well with us.

We would all become Elders one day; it is not a choice!!!!!!!!

Talking about Bankole.
True; Bankole stole money. But, lets face it. What happened to the corruption case against PDP chairman Haliru Bello. What about Nddudi Elumelu (power probe - power scam fame). All these corruption trials are annoyingly selective(not which hunting). Please where is Dr Peter "donatus" Odili. The Wife was appointed a Judge Court of Appeal sometime in 2006. She has used her position to block corruption trial of her hubby. Now Uncle Jonathan has appointed her Justice of the Supreme court. Is this not a reward for a job well done. Please let us not put sentiments into the issue @ hand. Ezeuche et al, let us look beyond ethnic affiliation. Let us all join hands to rid our country of this monster call corruption. Corruption has no ethnic affiliation. Where is Chimaroke Nnamani? DimejI Bankole cannot be worse than that Killer.

Let's get this straight. DID BANKOLE STEAL MONEY? Which money did he steal? Has anyone been able to establish that he stole money even in the proof of evidence from EFCC? The only thing he did wrong from all the allegations is that he approved the increase in allowances for all members of the House of Reps excluding his and his deputy. Meanwhile, if he refused to do it, he would have been impeached immediately!
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by TM2: 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
Sometime soon people will start coming here to discus issues that are really critical. Like the flood that is taking over the land from us in Lagos, the Lagos/Ibadan Express way, suicide bombings, power supply for small scale enterprises etc. This Bankole [/b]whatever to me is some kind of distraction. Can we just pause for a minute or so? Check any of our leaders pocket and you will find billions. So? We need to fight corruption but please, not with corruption and not with corrupt people in all of our public offices. I think the first thing Jonathan should do to take Nigerians to the promise land, if he cares, is to hand off EFCC and allow someone that is firm, fairless and in-corruptible to take control -[b] I will suggest Buhari or Jega. Is someone hearing me, please? I dont think so. #sad
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole by success4(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
I was/still daze reading some obnoxious comments from some folks here.
Abusing elders is a big insult in Yoruba-Land No matter what!!!

Well, it only shows the kind of background you come from. Stop those abusive
statement, if you have nothing meaningful to contribute I advise you keep mute.

Remember this song: Omo to mo yare loju ooo, osi yio tamonopa
Iya to jiya po lori re, baba to jiya po lori re
Omo to mo yare lojo ooo osi yio tanmonopa

Common wake up, don't allow technology to soil your heritage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings / Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria / Bloodbath In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.