Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice (12290 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / i wish my parent where there for me / Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Lilly07: 7:06am On Feb 03, 2022
Good morning

I gained admission to study in a federal university in Nigeria in 2019 but due to ASUU strike I didn't resume until 2021.

During the wait,I decided I wanted to study in Canada.So I applied to Canadian schools before I resumed in the federal university last year.

Before the end of 100level,I applied for my visa in October and due to delay I had to defer to Sept 2022.

My parents said I should continue studying in the federal university pending the time I get my visa.

The issue is I was asked to withdraw from my faculty in school because I didn't get the required points to move to 200 level.
My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them.

Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting

Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2022
The advice is spot on. Follow it, It will prepare you for the task ahead

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Lilly07: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
The advice is spot on. Follow it, It will prepare you for the task ahead

Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by dawnomike(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
]Good morning
I gained admission to study in a federal university in Nigeria in 2019 but due to ASUU strike I didn't resume until 2021.
During the wait,I decided I wanted to study in Canada.So I applied to Canadian schools before I resumed in the federal university last year.
Before the end of 100level,I applied for my visa in October and due to delay I had to defer to Sept 2022.
My parents said I should continue studying in the federal university pending the time I get my visa.
The issue is I was asked to withdraw from my faculty in school because I didn't get the required points to move to 200 level.
My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them.
Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting

Thank you
Your parents are right on this one. Once your visa is ready, you can simply leave the school.

54 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by AK6464(m): 7:52am On Feb 03, 2022
Learn a skill why you wait

7 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by chatinent: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Follow their advice and wait for your visa.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by PlayerMeji: 9:06am On Feb 03, 2022
Best advice ever given

20 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Gadafii: 10:11am On Feb 03, 2022
You don't have to go sit at home and be waiting for Visa, follow your parents advise.

When the visa comes out, you simply leave the federal university and japa

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by jumpshot: 10:28am On Feb 03, 2022
Disgrace to them? Please take it from someone who has a first class degree in electrical engineering. Start learning a skill right fucking now! Work on it till it's time to move to Canada.

But then you never even get visa surely you can't out your hope on Canada right now.

6 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Gavagai: 10:28am On Feb 03, 2022
grin
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by 1Sharon(f): 10:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Obey your parents.

Your father God is in heaven.

Your parents are the only Gods you can see on earth.

There are curses for dishonouring ones parents.

2 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Autodidact101: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2022
The voice the elders is the voice of wisdom. This is the best possible advise you could've been given. Just sitting home idle doing nothing is detrimental to both you and them. September is still months away. No one knows the future. You might wait till September and then (God forbid) something happens and the visa is delayed again. Being active in school would help you. A bird in hand...

6 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by admax(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2022
Follow your parents advice. Your life shouldn't stop because you are waiting for a Visa. Moreover, decisions will be out within a few weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by sleek214(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2022
Depends on the Faculty and course you were advised to withdraw from. But the truth is, no course is cheap/easy in the university. I advise you get a skill or learn a trade. But if you want to continue schooling, put your head down, learn and study hard. Even schools in Canada are not for the dull ones. Maybe the Canada stuff is what is making you not to concentrate

7 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Austineva(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2022
Since this does not concerned me, let me use time to tell u that ' Do u know that Rihanna unborn baby is far richer that 90% of human beings here. Let me be going
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Nonny12121: 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
Your parents are more concerned about being disgraced than you getting what you want.

Listen here. Instead of wasting that money studying a lower course you do not want, go and learn a skill.

Go and learn a skill in I.T(Graphic design or Web development), Tailor(Fashion design), or anything.

It is better than wasting that money trying to cover a disgrace studying something that will not benefit you in future.

SKILL IS THE FUTURE!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
Listen to your parents bro
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by AFvckingAlpha(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
All I got to say is nigga you need to level up

I remember my days in Unilorin, despite my non chalant attitude towards my university education boys still cross the 1.5 crossing grade point

We still comot with 2.2 grin

My point is study if you wanna study or hustle if you wanna hustle, you can’t be going to Uni and not be crossing, facing tanke as my people will have it. It’s a shame my nigga, and your parents are right, no be everyone go study medicine.

And you need to up your game if you dey go study for Canada, no go dey fall Nigeria hand for there

I said what I said

2 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by geelite(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
go and learn web development and programming then, travel out ASAP

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by chloride6: 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
Lmao....

You have been asked to withdraw so what options do you have?

Better collect jamb form if you don't like the course and keep processing your Canada..

Chai...

angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by elantraceey(f): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
You could actually do both. Learn a digital skill along with your studies. You'll just learn to manage your time.

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Kobicove(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2022
I think you should listen to the advise from your parents
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by xeratek: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2022
wink
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2022
OP till date, what an elder sees while sitting down, the young can never see it even if they climb a skyscraper.

Follow your Parents advice. That advice is gold
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by GraphicsMaster1: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2022
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Ge0grapher(m): 10:33am On Feb 03, 2022
For the first time.. nairalanders are agreeing on the same advise... OP follow am!
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by greggng: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

Why are you going to Canada to study when you can't even pass well to advance to 200l in a Nigerian University. All you need is focus

3 Likes

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Emperor88(m): 10:34am On Feb 03, 2022
Don't go for a lesser course...one of our major problem is going out school just for the sake of it . There are a lot of things that can keep you busy till your visa is sorted or till you try jamb again.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Agricmoney(m): 10:34am On Feb 03, 2022
follow her advice just as everyone has said.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10th National Assembly Lawmakers Push For 32 New Federal Higher Institutions / Adekunle Ajasin University Post Ume Result Is Out / Bayero University Post-utme 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.