Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! (986 Views)

Armed Robbers Kill 2 Policemen, Bank Staff, Cart Away N25M LG Salaries / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Kill Lord’s Chosen Church Pastor In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by Chyz2: 11:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
[size=15pt]Bandits kill two in Ekiti communities[/size]

By Yaqoub Popoola Correspondent, Ado-Ekiti

Armed bandits suspected to be nomadic herdsmen have killed two persons in two Ekiti communities.

The victims, a pregnant woman and a commercial cyclist, were killed at separate attacks, which were carried out at bad portions of Ado-Ekiti-Ijan-Ekiti roads.

The identities of the victims have not been ascertained at press time.

Reacting, the Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mohammed Jimoh, said the command was aware of the robbers’ menace, but said the State Commissioner of Police, Olayinka Balogun, had mobilised his men to the dreaded spot.

“We are aware of the situation and we have commenced 24 hours patrol of that road. We are quite aware that they are using the deplorable state of that road to commit the crime.

“I want to assure the people of the state that we are on top of the situation and we will stop at nothing to ensure that the perpetrators are apprehended and brought to justice.”, Jimoh said

A source told newsmen in a telephone conversation, that the pregnant woman was being conveyed by a motorbike from Ilupeju, a subsidiary community of Ijan Ekiti to the state capital, where she was said to have suddenly ran into the robbery gang.

The source said the robbers were already dispossessing some victims of their personal effects and as the motorcyclist was trying to make a u-turn and return to Ijan Ekiti, one of the robbers shot at the woman at the back and she died immediately.

The motorcyclist, who narrowly escaped the robbers’ bullet, was said to have immediately fled the scene after the woman had somersaulted from the bike and started bleeding profusely.

Another commuter that was killed on the spot was said to have resisted the robbers’ attempt to dispossess him of some of his valuable effects before he was shot.

Several other people, according to the source, were said to have been wounded by these dreaded killers’ gang at the black spot.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=36008
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by nduchucks: 1:11am On Jun 23, 2011
Another irresponsible attempt to spread unfounded remours and lies against Fulani herdsmen. There is no proof whatsoever that these bandits were herdsmen or Fulani for that matter.

Sigh
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by EzeUche1(m): 1:20am On Jun 23, 2011
This is what happens when you give them an inch and now they are taking a yard. undecided
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by ektbear: 1:56am On Jun 23, 2011
It seems to me that a militia of some sort would be a good idea. This type of thing happens far too frequently.
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by Chyz2: 2:28am On Jun 23, 2011
Fulani herdsmen seem to be the only criminals that are above the law. No measures are taken against them,at all. Upon all the murders, land grabs, and property destruction commited by them you would think the government would set up ranches in the north being that there is so much space to accommodate it.
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by ezeagu(m): 2:31am On Jun 23, 2011
To be fair, where's the evidence that this is connected to Fulani herdsman, or even Ekiti herdsman. Do herdsman even have time to steal?
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by bashr4: 2:39am On Jun 23, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The Ekiti womem may protest half unclothed to stop this menace in their state. It has happened before as in the photograph here.

supported ,such rubbish must stop. where is ileki idi its time to protest half naked again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by EzeUche1(m): 3:39am On Jun 23, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The Ekiti womem may protest half unclothed to stop this menace in their state. It has happened before as in the photograph here.
bashr4:

supported ,such rubbish must stop. where is ileki idi its time to protest half unclothed again grin grin grin grin grin

If Ileke-Idi is a part of this, I would like to see this protest personally! grin
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by CHouse: 6:28am On Jun 23, 2011
ezeagu:

To be fair, where's the evidence that this is connected to Fulani herdsman, or even Ekiti herdsman. Do herdsman even have time to steal?

well i guess you have never experienced a robbery by these fulani/bororos before. This is what these callous people do for a living and i was a victim on my way to Jos one particular day. Just lastweek, a friend of mine travelling to lag was robbed at gunpoint by similar sect.al?
[quote][/quote]

well i guess you have never experienced a robbery by these fulani/bororos before. This is what these callous people do for a living and i was a victim on my way to Jos one particular day. Just lastweek, a friend of mine travelling to lag was robbed at gunpoint by similar sect.
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by edoyad(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Another irresponsible attempt to spread unfounded remours and lies against Fulani herdsmen. There is no proof whatsoever that these bandits were herdsmen or Fulani for that matter.

Sigh
You this dumb person, do you think the writers would just label the bandits Fulani herdsmen out of the blue ? Don't you think the witnesses would have played a role in their identification ?
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2011
bashr4:

supported ,such rubbish must stop. where is ileki idi its time to protest half unclothed again grin grin grin grin grin

Don't mind those ekiti babes.Instead of them to lead the nake.d protest so that CNN can give them international audience,they allow all these old women with yeye breasst to carry the day.Ekiti babes no dey try at all !
Re: Armed Robbers Kill Two In Ekiti Communities! by newspapers: 4:53am On Nov 01, 2014
nduchucks:

Sigh

You are Right. What i saw on http://www.divanaija.com.ng/30-armed-robbers-hit-ekiti-state-operation/ was that these men were mere ARMED ROBBERS on BIKE... So, it could be anyone and not necessarily the Fulanis

(1) (Reply)

13yr Old Fingered In Grandmother’s Death / Absu Gang Rape / Car Thieves Grabbed By Voodoo Power In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.