Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (816079 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bombieicon01: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2022
No oo,still waiting
Rogundipe2000:

Any news on your side ?….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2022
Haiziik:
It's your employer from UK, an A rated sponsors that will give you a COS Certificate of Sponsorship. So you must have undergone an interview process and offered a job, this also comes with your employment letter and a letter to the British embassy introducing you and informing them of your new job offer.

can u connect me to one pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2022
Bombieicon01:
No oo,still waiting

It is well, will end in Praise….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by livewithpurpose: 10:07am On Jul 14, 2022
Hello House, I did my biometrics since the 14th of June 2022 and I checked the status of my application today and it still says "Application Received By DMC". I put my travel date for the end of August but I need my passport to apply for another visa for a work trip. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bagiol: 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
Please, who had biometrics on the 25th of May.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
livewithpurpose:
Hello House, I did my biometrics since the 14th of June 2022 and I checked the status of my application today and it still says "Application Received By DMC". I put my travel date for the end of August but I need my passport to apply for another visa for a work trip. Any suggestions on what I should do?

14th june till date is like 3 weeks excluding weeknds but processing time is like 6-7weeks. If you cannot wait for another 3-5 weeks ,then withdraw ur application. My opinion .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duke2000: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
Greetings.
I am about to submit my 2-year visa application but still have 7 months before my passport expires. Should I proceed to renew passport first or should continue with the visa application knowing that the passport will expire while visa remains valid

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
You're good to go, the stated condition is for your passport to have atleast 6 months validity before your application.

duke2000:
Greetings.
I am about to submit my 2-year visa application but still have 7 months before my passport expires. Should I proceed to renew passport first or should continue with the visa application knowing that the passport will expire while visa remains valid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
temodent:
You're good to go, the stated condition is for your passport to have atleast 6 months validity before your application.

The UK does not require this though, i.e. you do not need a 6-month passport validity to apply for a UK visa. Just make sure that your passport is on the day you enter as your departure from the UK while making the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
Bagiol:
26th May no response yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
AbelPre:
26th May no response yet

Have you sent a paid mail? However, expect your documents latest next weekend though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ekpotek: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2022
sammiy:

Alright, thanks.

But the dorm account balance is savings from my salary, should i have declared it as additional income?

You have a bright chance to get the visa, if you reapply immediately. Yes state you savings as additional income and tick savings. If the source of fund in your dorm account comes from your salary, you will have to itemize these transactions by highlighting it in your salary bank statement and dorm account. I can assist you to write a cover letter if you want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
askari01:

Have you sent a paid mail? However, expect your documents latest next weekend though.

Mine is May 17th still at DMC. How long does it take to process visitor visa( family)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Techwifey: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Silent reader here. Good luck to all in this process.

Visa Alert!!!
2 year Standard Visitor
TLS VI
Previous UK, EU and West Africa travel history

Application and Payment date - 16th May 2022
Biometrics date - 18th May 2022
Transfer to DMC - 18th May 2022
Received by DMC - 23rd May 2022
Paid Mail - 8th June 2022. 9th Being considered
2nd enquiry mail/ response: 15th/ 20th June 2022
Transfer to VAC - 12th July 2022
Received by VAC - 13th July 2022
Collection Mail - 13th July 2022
Collected - 14th July 2022

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maestro03: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good afternoon, not sure this has been shared here previously but it gives insight to the decision making process for ECOs.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019544/Visit.pdf

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Babysoldier(m): 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
Bagiol:
9th May
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hi. any news?
Bagiol:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
[quote author=HelenABUO post=114725507]

Mine is May 17th still at DMC. How long does it take to process visitor visa( family) [/quote

send paid mail to know if decision has been made on ur application... then you would be able to rest ur mind. More so.. check ur spam or junk mail , if theres no refusal email. then be hopeful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
[quote author=askari01 post=114727128][/quote]

That’s the only email have received so far�� one was 21st May and the other one 30th May… no refusal email have checked

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by eddykisses1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
eddykisses1:
Please, which bank is the best for Form A currently.

Please guys, kindly respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
askari01:

yes I sent paid mail on Tuesday but they replied it is awaiting a decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
. one of friends applied for uk visa on 23rd May and i sent message on 8th july but still awaiting decision, now i sent message yesterday and was told a decision has been made ... but no refusal email at all... does that mean visa has been granted ?
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate that a decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bagiol: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
No news oo...I am tired of waiting.
talantolo:
Hi. any news?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bombieicon01: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
The paid mail seems they have a prepared mail..its the same response everytime
Me too am super tired of this long visa journey oo

Bagiol:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
iretiogo1:
. one of friends applied for uk visa on 23rd May and i sent message on 8th july but still awaiting decision, now i sent message yesterday and was told a decision has been made ... but no refusal email at all... does that mean visa has been granted ?
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate that a decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

Likely, if he hasnt received refusal mail. Keep fingerz crossed till tls updates their tracking site

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
i'm over tired, sent 3 paid mails already all i get is still consideration
Bagiol:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
askari01:

Likely, if he hasnt received refusal mail. Keep fingerz crossed till tls updates their tracking site
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2022
Alright.
please how can i connect you?

ekpotek:

You have a bright chance to get the visa, if you reapply immediately. Yes state you savings as additional income and tick savings. If the source of fund in your dorm account comes from your salary, you will have to itemize these transactions by highlighting it in your salary bank statement and dorm account. I can assist you to write a cover letter if you want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good day Kel,

Sorry about ur refusal. From what I can see, there are several red flags in there that any VO wouldn't overlook.

1. Ur living costs are too low for a family of three ( since u stated ur wife and child in there). 45K a month? How? (£89)? Is it feeding, transport costs, child care/food/consumables, phone bills, cable etc. Except am living under a rock somewhere else, this is unexplainable. Am guessing u deliberately made that low enough to make ur disposable income high to fit into the 3 months disposable income rule. If u were single, we can understand but not a family of three pls. Was the 45K the average across the six months of ur bank statement? Or it showed up only in about some months prior to the end while the real livings costs showed on the earlier months? The numbers were not adding up to the VO as against ur living costs

2. What exactly did u tell the VO about ur family disagreement? U didn't need to tell that in the application. It's not their business. Now u got the VO wondering about ur low budget, low living costs plus not visiting ur family all together. Something is fishy.

The application seems not well put together hence ur free to reapply again (hence no appeal) which is a good thing.

Forget about saying in ur new application that ur brother is helping u with money (red flag that ur work might not be well paying enough). Remember ur a Senior Manager. Save well and fix ur disposable income and living cost issue before u reapply. Take ur time and build a robust account. Remember, u have submitted ur payslips, bank statements and employment details so any sharp deviation will be noticed.

Before I continue, I will like to salute ur courage in bringing ur refusal letter here. It helps and means a great deal to all. Wish u the very best on ur next application.

From what I have noticed, there are other factors at play other than oanda rates (don't know why my keyboard keeps typing oando) and not less than three times disposable income in the Finances section of the application. This section is very important as also the Travel History section. I believe this sections give u the visa or not. That's why most emphasis are on these in the refusals I have seen so far. That said, most, like 85% of applicant's financial situation are a mess or not visa worthy as at the time they decide they want to apply for a visa. They will need to adjust their spending habits and inflow/outflow or boost and wait out months to conform to the oanda and 3 months disposable rule. Most earn under 300K a month. The next 10% are sort of lucky as they have good paying jobs and their statements can fit into those two rules easily without breaking their backs. The remaining 5% don't need those two rules. The rules, visas (talking of UK only) and VOs will be the ones to conform to their bank statements/assets/deposit accounts.

Let's focus on the 85%. They are ones that come here (many are ghosts and don't participate in the commentaries) for help and we should be able to guide them in all lengths. No two applicants statements are the same. We can't only use a blanket advice on those two rules for them as there are other elements in their statements that are lacking. For example, the above applicant, even Giselle was exclaiming that na wa o, that the guy should get travel history. Travel History came into play when the financials were not okay even when applying those two rules. The guy doesn't need to travel anywhere else, he just needs to reapply well. There was another guy from the former posts who had big money like 13M or so in his account that followed the same rules but was refused. So my point is let the applicants state other factors like factors in their financials like opening balance, average monthly spend, salary or personal account, unexplained income etc so that we can dovetail into the situation and advice.

Many applicants don't return here to say what they went thru, some come back in ghost mode, some return to shed more light on their refusals (God bless them) while some come to give the good news. Bad news na orphan. Most of 85% will need those rules as they are skirting on the periphery of the VO's evaluation especially if they have families. Singles are much luckier. Then again another observation, the salaried applicants have less wriggle room as opposed to business owners and self employed applicants.

Pls sorry for the long read, these are my own 2 Kobo. Pls be welcome to add or subtract. Thanks

Goodluck

Kel235:
Good day Everyone,

My Uk Tourism Visa was refused, do find the refusal attached and please advised on how to fix this.

My brother in the UK was supposed to Sponsor this refused application but we had some Family misunderstanding during the period I was applying and so I decide to Sponsor myself.

We have now sort out our Family misunderstanding and he will be Sponsoring me on my new application. I am planning to Spend 10days during my tourism trip, 2 Days in Manchester to see my brother and stays at his place and 8 Days in London for Tourism and staying in an hotel.

My brother is willing to Sponsor me with £1550. I would also like to include an amount to the expense from my part.

Please guys my question is how much can I add from my side due to my Financial situation stated in the refusal attached?

Any other advice to fix this refusal, will be appreciated, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
Giselle....am not a professional

U dey whine us!!!

giselle237:

I am not a professional.. simply my opinion
did you provide proof of how the money in the dorm account came about and how the funds are accessible to you?
Eco quoted a savings / ?account with 6k pounds… is this same account been referred to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrStrangelove:
Good day Kel,

Sorry about ur refusal. From what I can see, there are several red flags in there that any VO wouldn't overlook.

1. Ur living costs are too low for a family of three ( since u stated ur wife and child in there). 45K a month? How? (£89)? Is it feeding, transport costs, child care/food/consumables, phone bills, cable etc. Except am living under a rock somewhere else, this is unexplainable. Am guessing u deliberately made that low enough to make ur disposable income high to fit into the 3 months disposable income rule. If u were single, we can understand but not a family of three pls. Was the 45K the average across the six months of ur bank statement? Or it showed up only in about some months prior to the end while the real livings costs showed on the earlier months? The numbers were not adding up to the VO as against ur living costs

2. What exactly did u tell the VO about ur family disagreement? U didn't need to tell that in the application. It's not their business. Now u got the VO wondering about ur low budget, low living costs plus not visiting ur family all together. Something is fishy.

The application seems not well put together hence ur free to reapply again (hence no appeal) which is a good thing.

Forget about saying in ur new application that ur brother is helping u with money (red flag that ur work might not be well paying enough). Remember ur a Senior Manager. Save well and fix ur disposable income and living cost issue before u reapply. Take ur time and build a robust account. Remember, u have submitted ur payslips, bank statements and employment details so any sharp deviation will be noticed.

Before I continue, I will like to salute ur courage in bringing ur refusal letter here. It helps and means a great deal to all. Wish u the very best on ur next application.

From what I have noticed, there are other factors at play other than oanda rates (don't know why my keyboard keeps typing oando) and not less than three times disposable income in the Finances section of the application. This section is very important as also the Travel History section. I believe this sections give u the visa or not. That's why most emphasis are on these in the refusals I have seen so far. That said, most, like 85% of applicant's financial situation are a mess or not visa worthy as at the time they decide they want to apply for a visa. They will need to adjust their spending habits and inflow/outflow or boost and wait out months to conform to the oanda and 3 months disposable rule. Most earn under 300K a month. The next 10% are sort of lucky as they have good paying jobs and their statements can fit into those two rules easily without breaking their backs. The remaining 5% don't need those two rules. The rules, visas (talking of UK only) and VOs will be the ones to conform to their bank statements/assets/deposit accounts.

Let's focus on the 85%. They are ones that come here (many are ghosts and don't participate in the commentaries) for help and we should be able to guide them in all lengths. No two applicants statements are the same. We can't only use a blanket advice on those two rules for them as there are other elements in their statements that are lacking. For example, the above applicant, even Giselle was exclaiming that na wa o, that the guy should get travel history. Travel History came into play when the financials were not okay even when applying those two rules. The guy doesn't need to travel anywhere else, he just needs to reapply well. There was another guy from the former posts who had big money like 13M or so in his account that followed the same rules but was refused. So my point is let the applicants state other factors like factors in their financials like opening balance, average monthly spend, salary or personal account, unexplained income etc so that we can dovetail into the situation and advice.

Many applicants don't return here to say what they went thru, some come back in ghost mode, some return to shed more light on their refusals (God bless them) while some come to give the good news. Bad news na orphan. Most of 85% will need those rules as they are skirting on the periphery of the VO's evaluation especially if they have families. Singles are much luckier. Then again another observation, the salaried applicants have less wriggle room as opposed to business owners and self employed applicants.

Pls sorry for the long read, these are my own 2 Kobo. Pls be welcome to add or subtract. Thanks

Goodluck

Wow bravo
Thumb up�Mr Drstrangelove

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (607) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 123sussy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.