Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (821170 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (609) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JPB2: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Are u attending a Seminar

Ability to proof ties in ur hone country is a plus

Finance is Very important too

Travel History helps a bit.....

Pray let the Eco have sense or be in the right frame of mind
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
talantolo:
some 17th collected last week. what TLS?

TLS ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
Biometrics on 24th of May, two paid mails, previous uK visa and yet decision had no been made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Davidandgo: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
[quote author=Surelyagain post=114853045][/quote]

Like I said, I was refused on my first visit application because I didn’t include an itinerary - at least that was what was stated on the letter I received.

Having gained from other people’s experience for my other travels, I thought to give back by sharing the information based on my experience and it’s up to would be applicants to either use it or not.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
Go to your mailbox and click on the link to your visa application sent by UKVi while filling your form.

ii: sign into your application again

iii. Click on submit Biometrics another page (TLS page will open)

iv. Click on track. (There you go) Pronto, you'll see the current status of your application.

UmeakaChisom:
Please who knows how to track application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lake77side: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Visa Alert (Renewal)
Wife 10yrs
Kids 2yrs
Biometrics 14 June 2022
Transfered to VAC 14 July 2022

Pick up mail 15 July 2022

Picked up today.
Thanks everyone for your contribution on this forum.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
talantolo:
some 17th collected last week. what TLS?

Finally application transfer to VAC.. I didn’t receive any mail from UKVI is it a positive sign?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
HelenABUO:

Finally application transfer to VAC.. I didn’t receive any mail from UKVI is it a positive sign?

Told you but did u check ur spam mailbox? ..Well.... NO FEAR though... Start packing ur baggage. Congratz in Advance...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
askari01:

Told you but did u check ur spam mailbox? ..Well.... NO FEAR though... Start packing ur baggage. Congratz in Advance...

I just checked now no Mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
Haiziik:
My application was escalated on 07/07/2022. They said I should wait 15 working days before contacting. With what I've read online, I'm not sure it add so much but it's a step towards the right direction. We can only wait and wait... Waiting is crazy though, been waiting since 2nd February

Please have you finally gotten a decision ?

Still waiting as before oh. 18 weeks and counting. What else can someone do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
Justpat:

no progress since your last escalation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hello house, i was rejected, can someone please explain the below to me.

Dear Applicant,

A decision has been made on your visa application.

Please find attached a refusal letter.

Our commercial partner or agent will contact you shortly regarding the return of your passport.

If anyone else contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to UKVI at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

Kind regards
(this is what i found in appendix V)Standard Visitor: for those seeking to undertake the activities set out in Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities, for example tourism and visiting family, usually for up to 6 months. A Standard Visitor may apply for a visit visa of six months, two, five or 10 years validity, however each stay in the UK must not exceed the permitted length of stay endorsed on the visit visa (usually six months).
Marriage/Civil Partnership Visitor: for those seeking to come to the UK to marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor: for experts in their field coming to the UK to undertake specific paid engagements for up to one month.
Transit Visitor: for those who want to transit the UK on route to another country outside the Common Travel Area and who will enter the UK for up to 48 hours by crossing the UK border unless Appendix Visitor: Transit Without Visa Scheme applies.
Visitors cannot work in the UK unless this is expressly allowed under the permitted activities set out in Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities.

Further information of how long each Visitor can stay and what they can and cannot do in the UK is set out at V 17.2 and Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
talantolo:
Hello house, i was rejected, can someone please explain the below to me.

Further information of how long each Visitor can stay and what they can and cannot do in the UK is set out at V 17.2 and Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities.
what visa did you apply for? And where is the refusal letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Oggg:
what visa did you apply for? And where is the refusal letter?

Visitor visa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
talantolo:
Visitor visa
the refusal letter decision part is empty.. where is the decision? Abi na my eye?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
that was how it was sent
Oggg:
the refusal letter decision part is empty.. where is the decision? Abi na my eye?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sleekier(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
talantolo:

Gguru in the house please help, can i reapply immediately?

Visitor visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
talantolo:

Gguru in the house please help, can i reapply immediately?

Visitor visa
you need to know what to tackle now! You can't reapply based on assumption. Call or send paid mail that you received a blank page refusal decision letter, they will advise properly.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 1:49am On Jul 19, 2022
[quote author=talantolo post=114863198][/quote]

Wait till you receive the complete refusal info .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 7:36am On Jul 19, 2022
Biometrics on 24th of May, two paid mails, previous uK visa and yet decision had no been made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talantolo: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2022
do they send another mail after the first mail?
askari01:

Wait till you receive the complete refusal info .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2022
Justpat:

Go to the Uk embassy in Lagos to complain ... why waiting for so long ? When its not like you used Fake passport .Go Mehn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2022
kod161:

Decision should have been made on May 24th Application since ur 7th week falls on 12th July... (Dont quote me ), when last did you send email... You dont need to keep sending paid email, just reply the last response you got from the first message thru your email. Seems someone mentioned he got a decision made message for May 23rd... i think its iretiogo1 or so. But dont panic.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2022
talantolo:
do they send another mail after the first mail?

Send paid mail to them requesting for a complete message, that the reasons for refusal was not sent ... if you had sent a paid mail before , reply by attaching the message sent to you and explain.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HelenABUO(f): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2022
How come I haven’t received mail from TSl that my passport is ready for collection

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bombieicon01: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2022
My biometric was june 6..
7th week started yesterday n my exam is july 27th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2022
Bombieicon01:
My biometric was june 6..
7th week started yesterday n my exam is july 27th

Mine is June 8th. We will definitely get a positive mail this week or next…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cycloe: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2022
Rogundipe2000:

Mine is June 8th. We will definitely get a positive mail this week or next…
3rd June here. Nothing still
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lucreza: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2022
It's more than 10days since I was told a decision has been made on my application. Tlscontact still hasn't sent my passport. My application still says at DMC. I beyond worried here. This is the 9th week. Everyone in my family has received their visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2022
askari01:

Go to the Uk embassy in Lagos to complain ... why waiting for so long ? When its not like you usedL Fake passport .Go Mehn.

Can I just visit the embassy to complain without prior appointment?
I don't live in Lagos or Abuja and would not want to go on a wasteful journey ....but the wait is crazy. Any time I reply my paid mail, they keep telling me my case has been escalated to the department responsible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Confidantfunds(f): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2022
Justpat:

Can I just visit the embassy to complain without prior appointment?
I don't live in Lagos or Abuja and would not want to go on a wasteful journey ....but the wait is crazy. Any time I reply my paid mail, they keep telling me my case has been escalated to the department responsible

No need seriously... Unless u know someone there... We have been there countless times... The security will tell u to go and pray.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (609) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.