Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (815232 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chigosman: 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Please kindly recommend affordable flights to the UK
Flights that are safe and affordable for a student
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
infosoftlife:

If you are traveling with a minor, you need a consent letter, a notarized letter of consent from the child's other parent or legal guardian, permitting for the child to travel with you. This letter should contain the other parent's full name, contact information, signature, and the child's full name and date of birth. If the other parent is deceased, you must provide a death certificate. If the other parent's whereabouts are unknown, you must provide a court order showing that you have sole custody of the child.

A copy of the child's birth certificate should be included.

Also include picture evidence. You both might even snap a picture holding the consent letter together.

Ok thank you for this information. What if I’m not traveling with this child? In my previously refused application, I put in his mother’s name. I’m just wondering if it will be an issue since I have a new partner I would be traveling with instead?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tutu82:

It seems like you already see the problem.
Read what the guideline says then count if you have met the required 28 days.You might as well print from the day the funds entered your account that’s 27th February.

This proof of funds is still confusing me, the 28 days is minimum, right? Hope it's okay if the money has been there for more than 28 days or is it that the fund cannot exceed 28 days in the account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
Happiness09:

This proof of funds is still confusing me, the 28 days is minimum, right? Hope it's okay if the money has been there for more than 28 days or is it that the fund cannot exceed 28 days in the account?
It is pretty straight forward and you are correct 28days is minimum.
This means you could have had the money in your account for MORE THAN 28days but NOT LESS THAN 28 days.
What they require is 28 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
chigosman:
Thank you

Which have you heard crashed or unsafe?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
Mrmoney90:
Hello guys, I’m asking on behalf of myself. Please if you have a child from a relationship and you get married to someone else and applying as dependent, or a dependent to a live in partner, would your application be affected? If yes, what should I do right.

I know I give advise here, but I just need to be sure I’m getting things right

The biological mother of the child needs to give you consent to travel with the child.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
infosoftlife:

If you are traveling with a minor, you need a consent letter, a notarized letter of consent from the child's other parent or legal guardian, permitting for the child to travel with you. This letter should contain the other parent's full name, contact information, signature, and the child's full name and date of birth. If the other parent is deceased, you must provide a death certificate. If the other parent's whereabouts are unknown, you must provide a court order showing that you have sole custody of the child.

Also include picture evidence. You both might even snap a picture holding the consent letter together.[b][/b]

Which is picture again.? Una camera no deh tire. Abi na like president elect cert of return picture tour.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
Mrmoney90:
Hello guys, I’m asking on behalf of myself. Please if you have a child from a relationship and you get married to someone else and applying as dependent, or a dependent to a live in partner, would your application be affected? If yes, what should I do right.

I know I give advise here, but I just need to be sure I’m getting things right

You are free to be with who you want that is not home office concern.What is of concern to them is if you need to travel with that child the biological mother writes a letter of consent and you have parental rights.

While in this marriage,were you married legally or only living together?.As you would require the divorce documents to claim dependent of a new partner.

Don’t complicate your application and only provide relevant information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2023
[/b][b]
infosoftlife:

Also include picture evidence. You both might even snap a picture holding the consent letter together.

All you have said is true,But snapping a picture holding the consent letter is a bit much and looks desperate.I would advise not to do the most.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tutu82:

You are free to be with who you want that is not home office concern.What is of concern to them is if you need to travel with that child the biological mother writes a letter of consent and you have parental rights.

While in this marriage,were you married legally or only living together?.As you would require the divorce documents to claim dependent of a new partner.
[b][/b]
Don’t complicate your application and only provide relevant information.

And what If they were never married? What is the reason to worry about a divorce cert.
The child will have a birth cert.
Names of the child's parent are on that.
Present that and a letter of consent from the mother..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tutu82:

It is pretty straight forward and you are correct 28days is minimum.
This means you could have had the money in your account for MORE THAN 28days but NOT LESS THAN 28 days.
What they require is 28 days.

Okay, I got confused because of the person that wasn't sure whether 28th February to 27th March is up to 28 days.

Just leave it for more days if you are in doubt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
Happiness09:

Okay, I got confused because of the person that wasn't sure whether 28th February to 27th March is up to 28 days.

Just leave it for more days if you are in doubt
I read you.

Remember this is a forum and so do your own research even after coming here.
The uk gov has a a website too so you cannot go wrong.
Cheers happiness09!.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2023
leef2022:

And what If they were never married? What is the reason to worry about a divorce cert.
The child will have a birth cert.
Names of the child's parent are on that.
Present that and a letter of consent from the mother..

At what point did i ask to worry?.I simply asked if they were married or living together.

If they were never married that is an entirely different scenario and a simple notary statement solves that all.

A letter of consent can be gotten under duress so is not a stand alone in a marriage as some relationships do not end amicably and one partner can attempt to flee with the child.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Ok thank you for this information. What if I’m not traveling with this child? In my previously refused application, I put in his mother’s name. I’m just wondering if it will be an issue since I have a new partner I would be traveling with instead?

I already got hindsight of what you are about to do because I saw your comment on the student session. That is the reason I said you should also include PICTURES. They don't joke with child trafficking; given your history and what you have declared previously, you need more evidence (PICTURES).

In your previous application, you are fine if you didn't declare you were married. If not, get proof of the dissolution of your marriage. Also, just as you know, you need to give sufficient time for your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tutu82:

At what point did i ask to worry?.I simply asked if they were married or living together.

If they were never married that is an entirely different scenario and a simple notary statement solves that all.

A letter of consent can be gotten under duress[b][/b] so is not a stand alone in a marriage as some relationships do not end amicably and one partner can attempt to flee with the child.

Anything can be done under duress, if you thing thats a joke ask INEC..

Regardless of a relationship status, a legal binding letter of consent should be acceptable to an eco with other present facts.

Suggestion of a divorce cert. makes it a worry to the op directly or indirectly as against to your own thoughts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
leef2022:

Anything can be done under duress, if you thing thats a joke ask INEC..

Regardless of a relationship status, a legal binding letter of consent should be acceptable to an eco with other present facts.

Suggestion of a divorce cert. makes it a worry to the op directly or indirectly as against to your own thoughts.
It is my department and am saying what i know not offering my own thoughts.I am not suggesting a divorce certificate is needed i am saying it is needed if the parents were married legally.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tutu82:

It is my department and am saying what i know not offering my own thoughts.I am not suggesting a divorce certificate is needed i am saying it is needed if the parents were married legally.

I'm not contesting your department with you, but pointing a fact to you, that even if they were legally married and perhaps not divorced, if the bio mother gives consent, one that is legally binding, then status of unionism is almost inconsequential with presentation of other facts that the applicant may have to argue his case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2023
leef2022:

I'm not contesting your department with you, but pointing a fact to you, that even if they were legally married and perhaps not divorced, if the bio mother gives consent, one that is legally binding, then status of unionism is almost inconsequential with presentation of other facts that the applicant may have to argue his case.
Best wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
chigosman:
Thank you
Hi there!.
With currency conversion and all that, tickets are expensive so first decide if you want to go direct then buy British airways which would cost you a little more or you want to have a stop over which would cost you a little less.

Either way you looking at 400k+

As for safety…it’s a plane.

Have a look on websites like https://www.skyscanner.net it does the price comparison for you.

I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yemi234: 11:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
Is it okay to book a flight a day earlier and 2 days later than you mentioned in your cover letter for application cause it’s cheaper than the specified dates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oshinadesegun: 4:35am On Mar 09, 2023
Good morning Teacher's

Trust you had a good rest.

I'm very new here and I need guardians

I'm in the process to apply for transist visa in UK to tourist in Barbados.

My self and my wife. We have paid UK visitor Visa for the transit.

The available date is on the 16th of March for biometrics which we have picked.

My agent abandoned us because He has no experience passing through UK to Barbados and which experienced people here believed is the safest and are abroad already.

The documents to be uploaded are the passport front page, proof of funds, marriage certificate and I don't know if there are any other documents we need to attach for it to be successful please help me drop.

Also am a dependent on wife and I also have proof of funds to support as well. I'm a fitness trainer/ farming and she's a Fashionista / Model.

And She's pregnant of 7-8 months and you would already know of my wish and purpose

I'm looking forward to hear from expertise here as I hope that this message finds you all well.

Thank you and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2023
oshinadesegun:
Good morning Teacher's

My agent abandoned us because He has no experience passing through UK to Barbados and which experienced people here believed is the safest and are abroad already.

The documents to be uploaded are the passport front page, proof of funds, marriage certificate and I don't know if there are any other documents we need to attach for it to be successful please help me drop.

Also am a dependent on wife and I also have proof of funds to support as well. I'm a fitness trainer/ farming and she's a Fashionista / Model.

And She's pregnant of 7-8 months and you would already know of my wish and purpose

I'm looking forward to hear from expertise here as I hope that this message finds you all well.

Thank you and God bless
You do not need a visa for Barbados if you intend to stay for less than 6 months just a valid passport and return ticket is fine.
You will need to fill a travel form online before you get on the flight then check with your airline that they are not going through a country that requires transit.
As she is so close to her EDD you would need to consider the safety for her and the baby since flight time is over 6hrs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Omooooooo: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2023
In need of early biometrics appointments date

Contact me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2023
Omooooooo:
In need of early biometrics appointments date

Contact me

As TLS MD or British High Commissioner?

😂😂😂😂😂

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
ps is there any body travelling to Nigeria 2mor night on British airline from uk. pls I need an urgent favour. kindly DM please. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Hannover(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Osoderi:
ps is there any body travelling to Nigeria 2mor night on British airline from uk. pls I need an urgent favour. kindly DM please. Thanks

What favour do you seek? Say it here

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haydez01(m): 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:40am On Mar 10, 2023
oshinadesegun:
Good morning Teacher's

Thank you and God bless
Does Barbados give citizenship on "jus Solis"? grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Does Barbados give citizenship on "jus Solis"? grin
Mostly Jus sanguinis but Yes Jus Solis as well,
the child would be Barbadian if the child is born onboard a Barbadian plane or in their land.
There are very rare situations where this is not the case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crossbonehelped: 7:16am On Mar 10, 2023
crossbonehelped:
Good morning House.
I applied for a UK standard visit visa and did my biometrics on Feb 20.
I had a program I am to attend on May 5 and was supposed to arrive in UK on April 25 which was what I wrote on my visa application form.
I was issued the visa and noticed that my entry date was written as 18th of May instead of 18th of April.
Please what do I do? Am I supposed to pay for a new visa application or write them or what?

Thanks to everyone that responded.
Did a paid call to them…actually told a friend in uk to call on my behalf and gave him every needed details.
They just mailed me today to bring in my passport for submission and I’ll be re issued a correct visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by decasey(m): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2023
giselle237:
it will be small, considering you should have funds to conveniently sponsor your trip + funds for after your trip which you must have as you are not expected to clear your account because of tourism
@giselle237, please I need your advice on this , please what do I do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by julzz(f): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
Greetings everyone, pls I need guidance we are a family of 5 planning a trip for July.

I want to apply for a visit visa for my husband and myself to attend his sister 40th birthday in July, my kids have Usa passport.

she will be accommodating us as she has a 7 bedroom home (will this be a problem or should I just book an apartment online) she will also give us an invitation letter.

my husband has cac and tax and all that he is the sponsor but I have an online business it’s not registered but I’ve actively making sales over 4 years, will including my own account statements be an issue as I’ve no cac or tax to back it.

Kindly advice, thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (606) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75