Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (822110 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (609) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
Luckychild2015:
My income from my business comes into my savings account, and my rent from tenants and sales of other real estate properties comes into my personal savings account sometimes.
I really appreciate your response, thank you and God bless.
In my humble opinion, one parent has to go. These are minors.. 17 years and 14 years. No ECO will turn their eyes away from this fact. Minors. Have they embarked on such a trip alone without their parents before? And now the person picking them on the other side is an Uncle who is not subject to immigration control. What is special about the trip that they have to be allowed to go without their parents? This is how to think about it. What are both parents doing tht neither can accompany their kids on the trip.
This is not school or medical visa. Tourism.. This is an uphill task.
Then your financials as you have described are not straightforward. Recipe for unpredictable results.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Michysandy: 10:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good evening all,
Please can one use someone abroad as sponsor for a visiting visa to the UK and what are the requirements needed by the sponsor
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Michysandy: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good evening all.
Please I have some questions
1. For someone that wants to apply for a visiting visa by october and doesn't have a sponsor, how will the person go about the proof of funds?

The person is being owned salary for 5 months now but will be paid by July. The arrears for the 7 months will amount up to about 2 million. How will the person go about the proof of funds factoring this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:04am On Jun 02, 2023
Michysandy:
Good evening all.
Please I have some questions
1. For someone that wants to apply for a visiting visa by october and doesn't have a sponsor, how will the person go about the proof of funds?

The person is being owned salary for 5 months now but will be paid by July. The arrears for the 7 months will amount up to about 2 million. How will the person go about the proof of funds factoring this

What's to say the company won't owe him the next 2 months leading to when he applies.

His application is already shaky. That arrears that will be paid soon will paint a huge red bullseye target on the back of his application.

The minute you start explaining, your case will be sealed and an imminent refusal will be enroute.

These ppl have no comprehension of how a living thing can go about without salary for months and still stoically work there even when all indication screams that the company doesn't need you.

If he has saved up a nice amount of cash he is better off getting a different employer and taking charge of his income in a different account with which to present to the ECO. I will advice him to sincerely defer that application and wait till he has settled his finances accordingly.

He wouldn't want to dig his own grave with that bank statement trust me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:18am On Jun 02, 2023
Michysandy:
Good evening all,
Please can one use someone abroad as sponsor for a visiting visa to the UK and what are the requirements needed by the sponsor
Thank you

Sponsors is a double edged sword.

If he is someone upto the age of fending for himself, this will spell doom if he is not employed or employable or if he is employed and earning peanuts. The ECO will keep reverting to your own circumstances as an excuse to refuse you.

You will find problem if you don't impress the ECO about what will tie that applicant back to Nigeria like work etc

He will find problem if his sponsor is in another country like USA, Canada or Malaysia and not in the UK

He will also find problem if the sponsor is not a first degree relative
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 6:06am On Jun 02, 2023
Shadybeauty:
Please, how do I check if my company is active on the CAC website?

It seems not to be an open source information any longer.

I accessed status like 2 months back without any qualms but few weeks later, it was no longer showing company status.

https://search.cac.gov.ng/list

Update***
Company status has started showing again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Meister(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
I would like to know the exact things UK immigrations would ask from someone going to the UK during the checks before boarding ?

Are COVID tests and vaccinations still necessary and are there other things a traveller is supposed to know please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bemagnify: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
We (I and my wife) are inviting my step mom for graduation but I need some clarifications.

My mom works as a civil servant but it immediately the salary comes in. She withdraw it for her use.

1. Can I use her account statement to show that she earn salary? (Her account balance is 0

2. Does she need an introduction letter from her place of employment or letter for Permission to travel? If it is an introduction letter what should be the content?

3. What document can we show that she is my step mom?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
bemagnify:
We (I and my wife) are inviting my step mom for graduation but I need some clarifications.

My mom works as a civil servant but it immediately the salary comes in. She withdraw it for her use.

1. Can I use her account statement to show that she earn salary? (Her account balance is 0

2. Does she need an introduction letter from her place of employment or letter for Permission to travel? If it is an introduction letter what should be the content?

Thanks
Good evening.
She earns a salary but withdraws down to zero Naira that defeats the purpose of submitting her statement as she has no money.Would you both be responsible for 100% of her travel and needs?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mercy87(f): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lovejuliet2020:
Someone should help me please. How to i apply for Ecctis visa and nationality bachelors degree (english proficiency) i wanted to get my transcript before sending it along my final cert and medium of instruction letter but my insisted in sending my official transcript direct to Ecctis email address instead of the email address i provided.
Please someone should assist me on how to go about it.

Hello Sis, how did you resolve this issue? I'm currently at this stage, please respond. God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Glamoice(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cardiff is the most affordable city in the UK to attend university, according to a new survey.
The Student Living Index, published by Natwest, calculates the average income and expenditure of students living in each UK city....

https://stanpgist.com/studying-outside-the-uk-here-are-the-10-most-affordable-cities-in-the-world/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bemagnify: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tutu82:

Good evening.
She earns a salary but withdraws down to zero Naira that defeats the purpose of submitting her statement as she has no money.Would you both be responsible for 100% of her travel and needs?.

Yes… she won’t spend anything.. not even £0.01
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Muslee4luv(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
Having difficulties paying for visa fee in dollar
Contact MIB and pay in naira with a service fee of just 5,000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Michysandy: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thank you so much
Thegamingorca:

Sponsors is a double edged sword.

If he is someone upto the age of fending for himself, this will spell doom if he is not employed or employable or if he is employed and earning peanuts. The ECO will keep reverting to your own circumstances as an excuse to refuse you.

You will find problem if you don't impress the ECO about what will tie that applicant back to Nigeria like work etc

He will find problem if his sponsor is in another country like USA, Canada or Malaysia and not in the UK

He will also find problem if the sponsor is not a first degree relative
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yerilistik: 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please who knows the current timeline for UK visitor visa processing using Ikeja TLS centre ?
Paid for priority services and biometrics slated for june 8.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Michysandy: 2:21am On Jun 03, 2023
Good morning Gurus in the house,

Please I need yourhelo

A friend of mine wants to apply for visa for his plab 2 exams and wants to use a sponsor as he has not been paid by the government for some months at his place of work

1. Can he use his sister who works in the UK as a sponsor or his friend who works in Nigeria
2. What advise can you give concerning his visa application to avoid a rejection

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bemagnify: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2023
bemagnify:

3. What document can we show that she is my step mom?

Thanks

Please bosses I need answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Michysandy: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please Gurus in the house, I need answers

Michysandy:
Good morning Gurus in the house,

Please I need yourhelo

A friend of mine wants to apply for visa for his plab 2 exams and wants to use a sponsor as he has not been paid by the government for some months at his place of work

1. Can he use his sister who works in the UK as a sponsor or his friend who works in Nigeria
2. What advise can you give concerning his visa application to avoid a rejection

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Auntybose007: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
I am currently creating my 28 days POF for student visa application. Please is it fine if I don’t make any transactions on the account till it matures? I plan to make a deposit of 200k by the end of the month. But apart from this, there won’t be any further activity on the account. Please is this okay? It’s a savings account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
Michysandy:
Please Gurus in the house, I need answers

You mean your friend needs an answer from you sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2023
Meister:
I would like to know the exact things UK immigrations would ask from someone going to the UK during the checks before boarding ?

Are COVID tests and vaccinations still necessary and are there other things a traveller is supposed to know please

They will ask you one last time to offload any palm oil you may be carrying before you board the plane.

They will even search your luggage if you dare them or you think they are joking.

At MMIA Lagos, the UK immigration will tell your pilot just before takeoff to halt on the runway tarmac midway to attaining flight velocity so dey can drive over to re-search the plane for any contraband again.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bunmibold: 2:14am On Jun 04, 2023
Segun889:

😳that’s an egregious amount to pay for a skilled visa except well, the job is a high paying one.

Please ,can I use my statement of result and official transcript for Naric.
Please I need an urgent answer
God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 04, 2023
To all our seniors in the house.
Please help with responses.

If one has gotten a job in the UK and currently holds a valid tourist visa. How do they change status? Does it require coming back to Nigeria and reapplying for work visa?

Please advise accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2023
Hello all,

I am a medical student in Nigeria and I want to apply for a UK visit visa to attend a conference and do a one week Clinical electives. I have about £1000 in savings and I have the option of getting my parents to sponsor.

This is my first time and I am worried of rejection on financial grounds.
I plan to stay for about 20 days.

I would appreciate and help and clarification.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 11:42am On Jun 04, 2023
hello house asking on behalf of a friend. pls can she use her naira GTB card to pay for her 6 month UK visiting visa. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 11:57am On Jun 04, 2023
Hi all. kindly advice. My friend will be coming to the UK , she earns 460k from all her sources of income. in her permanent job she earns 310k and her part time job she earns at least 150k. she did her traveling expenses to estimate 700k. 6nights hotel reservation for 146k: flight is 450k, and the rest for her shopping, feeding and other expenses. she is planning of spending 700k. She currently have 900k in her first account and 700k in her second account. Her visit is for 13days , for 6 nights she will stay in the hotel and for 7 days she will spent it in her friend's house.

please I want to confirm if the 700k is too much for her trip or can she still reduce it. kindly advice. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 12:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Osoderi:
Hi all. kindly advice. My friend will be coming to the UK , she earns 460k from all her sources of income. in her permanent job she earns 310k and her part time job she earns at least 150k. she did her traveling expenses to estimate 700k. 6nights hotel reservation for 146k: flight is 450k, and the rest for her shopping, feeding and other expenses. she is planning of spending 700k. She currently have 900k in her first account and 700k in her second account. Her visit is for 13days , for 6 nights she will stay in the hotel and for 7 days she will spent it in her friend's house.

please I want to confirm if the 700k is too much for her trip or can she still reduce it. kindly advice. Thank you.

Hello… why can’t she just stay with her friend throughout and reduce trip duration to 7 days max. That way she’s saving on hotel bills and reducing the complication with her application? I can’t tell you if the 700k would be seen as too much because I don’t know how much is saved and spent from her combined income monthly….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Auntybose007: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Osoderi:
hello house asking on behalf of a friend. pls can she use her naira GTB card to pay for her 6 month UK visiting visa. Thanks

No, it won’t work. She needs a dollar card that’s tied to a dollar funded domiciliary account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Auntybose007:

No, it won’t work. She needs a dollar card that’s tied to a dollar funded domiciliary account.

ok. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
thelma76:

Hello… why can’t she just stay with her friend throughout and reduce trip duration to 7 days max. That way she’s saving on hotel bills and reducing the complication with her application? I can’t tell you if the 700k would be seen as too much because I don’t know how much is saved and spent from her combined income monthly….

Her friend can only accommodate her for 7days. pls can one travel to the UK and spent only 7days for vacation. is it not small. her leave is for 14days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osoderi(m): 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello pls have any body flew from uk to Nigeria with Lufthansa airline. pls how is the flight? and do I need a transit visa for it. if yes pls how can I go about it. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Osoderi:

Her friend can only accommodate her for 7days. pls can one travel to the UK and spent only 7days for vacation. is it not small. her leave is for 14days

7 days is fine. I've spent 5 days with no issues during and after the vacation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (609) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.