Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (9113 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by boyt1: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2011
Last time i visited Lagos the street lights were on. Today, it's business as usual, bad roads even along Allen Avenue and Opebi. Infrastructures are in a bad condition in most part of the state with all the Taxes collected. what is happening to the Action Gov.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by HighChief4(m): 12:19am On Jun 23, 2011
Election is over, you forgot to mention flood everywhere
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by EzeUche1(m): 1:01am On Jun 23, 2011
The way you hear some people on Nairaland discuss Fashola, you would think he is some messiah. At least some people know the truth.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by akbtunes: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2011
perennial Lagos problems!

superficial solutions to issues and uncooperative citizens, same old same,

Fashola is still working, Lagos is yet working. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by paraphase(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2011
wink
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by feelamong(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2011
GUY, TAKE UR TIME O!!!!

FASHOLA IS WORKING

LAGOS IS FLOODING!!!!!!!

U CAN FOOL SOME PEOPLE  SOME TIME BUT YOU CANT FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!!!  grin
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mcgboye(m): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2011
At last some sense. I posted the same thing last week on my facebook & twitter pages, and most of my friends/followers disagreed. Most part of Lagos is in an abject state, flood everywhere. Road projects started early last yr are still ongoing. The one in my area started last year March, a road of about half a km. It's not meant to slight him, but he needs to buckle up. I hope this is not another 2nd term syndrome
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Tunsbobo(m): 9:20am On Jun 23, 2011
fashola is working but lagos aint working!!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by babeface3: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2011
I really, am getting dissappointed; if he relapses into the attitude of the rest, then the country's governance is under a kind of spell shocked
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dipo4(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2011
Well said. The whole of lekki and victoria island which normally seems to be the cynosure are all messed up. Roads one assume are flawless are all gutted up in flood. If he really fancies the good brand he has so far created for himself then we need to see things improve asap.

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2011
Thank God !!!!! Eyes are opening.

All roads are bad, the only good road is the lekki-ajah express road and we will soon start paying for the 1-Billion Naira per kilometer road. We are all victims of ACN's propaganda machinery.

Money for Lagosian's are being used to increase Tinubu's territory.

I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, FASHOLA IS OVER CELEBRATED, ACN IS OVER RATED. NOTHING IS WORKING. BAD ROADS EVERY WHERE, THE FEW ONES WHERE JUST SAND FILLED AND PLASTERED. 1 week rain has made them more terrible.

LIES LIES LIES, PROPAGANDA is what ACN uses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by jason2010(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2011
Living in Lagos, I think that Fash is seriously overrated. But, going by what his peers (other state governors are doing, which is "nothing"), he appears to be a messiah. The bottom line is the there is so much deterioration in lagos before the man took office. The previous administrations did not do jack, so now Fash is a hero for attemting to just do the minimum (in the land of the blind). But I stilll believe that he can infact do better. I truly believe that Fash is a good man, who means good for Lagos. We are yet to see the best of him. Take a trip to Okoko or Ajegunle before you comment about the great job Fash is doing. Do not just go to Ikeja or the Islands and then start commenting.

My point is that he can definitely do better. There is waaaay too much hype when it comes to Fash. But I still wish my state governor can even do the little that Fash is doing. Abeg make una no insult me for my opinion oh, I carry God dey beg una. It is just my entitled opinion
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by victorazy(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2011
Plz don't disturb the man at all.
He has laboured for four year pleasing his subjects
now is his own turn to please himself and family
@ Poster - are you not a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2011
jason2010:

Living in Lagos, I think that Fash is seriously overrated. But, going by what his peers (other state governors are doing, which is "nothing"wink, he appears to be a messiah. The bottom line is the there is so much deterioration in lagos before the man took office. The previous administrations did not do jack, so now Fash is a hero for attemting to just do the minimum (in the land of the blind). But I stilll believe that he can infact do better. I truly believe that Fash is a good man, who means good for Lagos. We are yet to see the best of him. Take a trip to Ikoko or Ajegunle before you comment about the great job Fash is doing. Do not just go to Ikeja or the Islands and then start commenting.

My point is that he can definitely do better. There is waaaay too much hype when it comes to Fash. But I still wish my state governor can even do the little that Fash is doing. Abeg make una no insult me for my opinion oh, I carry God dey beg una. It is just my entitled opinion

YOU ARE RIGHT , UNLESS YOU ARE SOME ONE WHO LIVE IN LAGOS BLINDLY OR ON THE RADIO AND LTV and TVC. YOU WILL KNOW THAT THERE IS NO ROAD AT ALL. EVEN THE IKEJA OR ISLAND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY.  HAVE YOU PASSED MARY LAND TO YABA VIA TOWN PLANNIN ON A RAINY DAY ? YOU NEED TO HAVE A GOOD CAR TO GO THROUGH WITHOUT PUSHING IT.

L
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 23, 2011
dammytosh:

YOU ARE RIGHT , UNLESS YOU ARE SOME ONE WHO LIVE IN LAGOS BLINDLY OR ON THE RADIO AND LTV and TVC. YOU WILL KNOW THAT THERE IS NO ROAD AT ALL. EVEN THE IKEJA OR ISLAND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY.  HAVE YOU PASSED MARY LAND TO YABA VIA TOWN PLANNIN ON A RAINY DAY ? YOU NEED TO HAVE A GOOD CAR TO GO THROUGH WITHOUT PUSHING IT.

L

Why are our politicians like this ? work satisfactory the first year and the loot the treasury their final tenure, why ? why?
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mbulela: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2011
My problem is the filth in laogs.
although it has more to do with the people than the govt.
Lagos is so dirty that it is almost unbelievable.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2011
beebee2000:

Why are our politicians like this ? work satisfactory the first year and the loot the treasury their final tenure, why ? why?

My dear, even the first tenure was over rated. The media power ACN had was responsible for all those hypes. The nation Newspaper, LTV, TVC and other paid media source. It is called HYPING and extreme over hype in this case.

The guy has charisma and speaks responsibly, i wont be surprised if he was derailed by the Biggest shareholder in his party.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by r231(m): 9:54am On Jun 23, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by kpolli(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2011
some ppl r just really daft, so fashola fix the roads, drainages n then stay on the road to make sure ppl dont throw pure water on it so that the drainages wud not block n then potholes wont grow,

lets be realistic, lagosians r dirty. . .  until we change then he can work well. . . .

pdp members stop talking trash
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 10:02am On Jun 23, 2011
kpolli:

some ppl r just really daft, so fashola fix the roads, drainages n then stay on the road to make sure ppl dont throw pure water on it so that the drainages wud not block n then potholes wont grow,

lets be realistic, lagosians r dirty. . .  until we change then he can work well. . . .

pdp members stop talking trash
That is the problem when people follow party blindly. Are you saying that i am daft

1.  for not knowing that i am responsible for not fixing the road that made me change my shock absorber often.
2. for bulding Lekki - Ajah road for 1 Billion Naira per kilometer.
3. for driving on streets i often drive in the mid nite without any need for my full head lamp light now with it because the street lights are off.

Common don't bring party into this issue. We are Nigerians nd not blind loyalist to anybody. In the last election. I voted across board. ACN, CPC, LABOUR etc not even one PDP because of my desire for change. So just read opinions and stop using abusive words without any provocation. If you benefit from the current rot in the system, i say congratulations and best of luck.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by kpolli(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2011
guy when last have u looked into a canal or a gutter. . . . . .

wat powers the street lights? battery??

there r too many issues in naija for him to work effectively, ur just expecting too much from a human. . . . .

u make it look as if other governors r doing better
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Larrey(f): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2011
Hello!pls am nt fashola's fan bt,is he d one dat is messing everywhere up nd is he d one dat is parking dirty tins everywhere?am nt saying he's gud or bad bt we shud also talk 2 ourselves,he's also a human being lik us,we re nt perfect nd he can't be everywhere.al we nid 2 do is 2 pray dat GOD shud touch is heart
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by JaaizTech: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2011
I said the same thing when I last visited Lagos that Fashola is over-celebrated, but this is not to take away anything from him, compared to his peers He is miles ahead. Again on the bad roads, I think it is just a cycle that no one has been able to fix. The roads usually go bad all the time during the rainy season, but after that or before that they are fixed. And lagos becomes beautiful again. But the argument is why must roads go bad every rainy season, why are the drainage system so poor Is it a case of too much to do in a very little time Last word I still have faith in Fashola.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Reference(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2011
No. He's not overrated. There are public works going on across the state not just in Ikeja or Lekki. Can he repair all the roads and de-flood Lagos in eight years, no. Can he provide stable power in Lagos and rid every refuse heap, no. Why? Because Lagosians cannot pay for these things. That is the truth. If with the heavy taxation he hasn't created the garden of eden then we should begin to realign our expectations. Lagos will never be like London. Our GDP and per capita incomes are not similar. What is your expectation. Work it out.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2011
The guy dey use JAZZ take decieve una grin
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by thundaBOLT: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmm ppl are so terrible in their reasoning, Fashola dis Fashola dat do want to kill him. he is trying, what has destroyed for some decades can be repair in few years yet he still have some notable impact.

every1 is complaining of flood, when he destroying houses that was built on the drainage you are all complaining he's wicked he those not love the masses now there is rain and everywhere is flooded. have u drive thru V.I and notice any big drainage or if there is at all.

tell is me because there is flood in lagos now that means he has failed rite.

what about the 100% security u enjoy.
the free education with text books and the renovated schools to mention few.

this guy is trying, pls lets give him the maximum support by doing the little we can to save our environment from flooding.

when we say thing like other Governor that want do will be discouraged.

i am NOT a politician am just a concern Lagosian
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by prodam(m): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2011
Reference:

No. He's not overrated. There are public works going on across the state not just in Ikeja or Lekki. Can he repair all the roads and de-flood Lagos in eight years, no. Can he provide stable power in Lagos and rid every refuse heap, no. Why? Because Lagosians cannot pay for these things. That is the truth. If with the heavy taxation he hasn't created the garden of eden then we should begin to realign our expectations. Lagos will never be like London. Our GDP and per capita incomes are not similar. What is your expectation. Work it out.
you are right "so far, so long this thread, i have seen another sensible statement like this"
dammytosh:

My dear, even the first tenure was over rated. The media power ACN had was responsible for all those hypes. The nation Newspaper, LTV, TVC and other paid media source. It is called HYPING and extreme over hype in this case.

The guy has charisma and speaks responsibly, i wont be surprised if he was derailed by the Biggest shareholder in his party.
you are from which state? do the comparison between your state governor and Fash, please give me the result
Fashola is working and consequently he deserves all the kudos given to him. the Man has come for good and he is doing it despite the political state of the country.
My Friend, this case is similar to a person who gave 10 men job out of 15 and after some time the remaining five men went about stealing, causing destruction and crime all about. who is to be blamed? the person that gave them job or the 5 men for their lack of patience?
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2011
thundaBOLT:

Hmmmmmmmmm ppl are so terrible in their reasoning, Fashola dis Fashola dat do want to kill him. he is trying, what has destroyed for some decades can be repair in few years yet he still have some notable impact.

every1 is complaining of flood, when he destroying houses that was built on the drainage you are all complaining he's wicked he those not love the masses now there is rain and everywhere is flooded. have u drive thru V.I and notice any big drainage or if there is at all.

tell is me because there is flood in lagos now that means he has failed rite.

what about the 100% security u enjoy.

the free education with text books and the renovated schools to mention few.

this guy is trying, pls lets give him the maximum support by doing the little we can to save our environment from flooding.

when we say thing like other Governor that want do will be discouraged.

i am NOT a politician am just a concern Lagosian

What 100% security? The last time i was in lagos, i was robbed in my hotel, even the US cant boast of 95% security undecided
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by comechop1: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2011
Calabar is much better when it comes to environmental issue honestly, the calabar people are naturally clean and they have pride in this respect. Cleanliness comes first in their things. unlike Lagos they have a slogan saying where u find Diry is where u find plenty money!!!!!! eat in the same place poo in the same place is their way of life lol
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by MMM2(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2011
it is time,
4 him 2 loot.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Emperoh(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2011
Fashola is working; Tinubu is chopping cool?
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by snthesis(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2011
Emperoh:

Fashola is working; Tinubu is chopping cool?
Gbam!!! angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence / Senate: Lawan Denies Meeting With PDP Governors / Boko Haram: FG Looks To China For More Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.