Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick (694 Views)

The Mango Seed I Accidentally Swallowed Has Been Expelled / Help !!! I Just Swallowed A Mango Seed !!! / Child Swallowed A Lighter, Had Surgery But Doctors Shocked By What They Saw (2) (3) (4)

Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Ezedon(m): 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders
I was in a haste this morning, to rush out this morning, after taking breakfast, I broke the last toothpick into 2, and put in my mouth, while rushing out and drinking sachet of water , I noticed that the toothpick has been swallowed, it had been bothering me since morning, please, is there any serious harm this may cause?, Because I'm not feeling any pain within, though I'm bothered.
Heath Workers in the house,
Your advice is highly needed
Thank you
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
Wetin person no go see for nairaland. cheesy.

When you were happily chewing the meat, did you call for help?

no worry you fit shit am out.
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Ezedon(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
9182736455O1999:
Wetin person no go see for nairaland. cheesy.

When you were happily chewing the meat, did you call for help?

no worry you fit shit am out.
You will not understand
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
Sam's better eba with draw soup.

E go push the thin away...

And you will be better...

But you go hear am when you wan' pupu. grin
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
grin lol.. you noticed it has been swallowed as if you are not the one that swallowed it.

Well.. you may need to visit a surgeon because toothpick is a wood and it doesn't dissolve easily. So, in order not to leave it wandering dangerously inside your stomach and causing harm, it's better you visit the hospital before it starts perforating some delicate organs in your body.
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ezedon:

You will not understand
you break the toothpick into two put for mouth dey drink water. Wetin you been dey expect sad
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by dawnomike(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ezedon:
Good evening Nairalanders
I was in a haste this morning, to rush out this morning, after taking breakfast, I broke the last toothpick into 2, and put in my mouth, while rushing out and drinking sachet of water , I noticed that the toothpick has been swallowed, it had been bothering me since morning, please, is there any serious harm this may cause?, Because I'm not feeling any pain within, though I'm bothered.
Heath Workers in the house,
Your advice is highly needed
Thank you
It is no problem at all... It will end up disintegrating in your stomach due to the acidity of your stomach.
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
U made me remember my neighbour who swallow needle & excrete it after 12month.
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Ahmback(m): 3:41am On Feb 04, 2022
dawnomike:
It is no problem at all... It will end up disintegrating in your stomach due to the acidity of your stomach.
Go school u no gree.
humans lack the enzyme, cellulase which digests/breaksdown celluluse/wood. Only termites do.
so basically, humans can't digest wood
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Ezedon(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
U made me remember my neighbour who swallow needle & excrete it after 12month.
12 months!!!
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Krasid(m): 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ahmback:
Go school u no gree.
humans lack the enzyme, cellulase which digests/breaksdown celluluse/wood. Only termites do.
so basically, humans can't digest wood
Madam he is right! The stomach contains HCL which is a strong acid that would disintegrate the toothpick even before it gets to the small intestine where most of the digestive enzymes are. OP you have nothing to worry about. Your stomach acid will disintegrate the toothpick which would be incorporated in your stool.
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Ahmback(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
Krasid:
Madam he is right! The stomach contains HCL which is a strong acid that would disintegrate the toothpick even before it gets to the small intestine where most of the digestive enzymes are. OP you have nothing to worry about. Your stomach acid will disintegrate the toothpick which would be incorporated in your stool.
blood of jesus! Where is this one coming from?
humans can't digest wood(celluluse), because it lacks the enzyme for that.
hcl can't digest shit
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by Krasid(m): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ahmback:
blood of jesus! Where is this one coming from?
humans can't digest wood(celluluse), because it lacks the enzyme for that.
hcl can't digest shit
Stop acting slow! The OP is not asking if the toothpick will be digested. He is concerned if it will cause any harm. We are saying the toothpick will be disintegrated into smaller bits making it safe to be passed out. You are just saying digest this, digest that as if anybody asked that one. toothpick is not food!
Re: Help!!!! I Accidentally Swallowed A Toothpick by BigYash: 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
Krasid:
Stop acting slow! The OP is not asking if the toothpick will be digested. He is concerned if it will cause any harm. We are saying the toothpick will be disintegrated into smaller bits making it safe to be passed out. You are just saying digest this, digest that as if anybody asked that one. toothpick is not food!
You just schooled him/her.. Nice one.... Toothpicks are not that hard.. Put one in water for a while and see how soft it will become..

My Brother Is Having This Rashes On His Private Part. / My Mum Said She Woke Up This Morning And Could Not Walk. She Will Walk And Fall / How Much Is Braces Done?