Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? (5194 Views)

The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / Man To Collect Equipment Donated To RCCG If Adeboye Fails To Endorse A Candidate / Suicide & Depression TRUTH - Does The BIBLE Endorse Suicide? (by Nephtali1981) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by Truvelisback(m): 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2022
tctrills:

Please read verse 31. Also, you are quite wrong. here we are talking about the vow her father made. We are not told that the girl made any vow. Just read the chapter and save us the time
The girl didn't make any vow. I'm letting u know that it is against God's word(His own word) to accept human as sacrifice. If u read well, she bewailed her virginity, not her death. And she knew no man. That was the same reason when God tested Abraham to kill his only son(only child) and offer him as sacrifice. When Abraham wanted to do so, God stopped him and provided a Ram instead.
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by tctrills: 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
Truvelisback:
The girl didn't make any vow. I'm letting u know that it is against God's word(His own word) to accept human as sacrifice. If u read well, she bewailed her virginity, not her death. And she knew no man. That was the same reason when God tested Abraham to kill his only son(only child) and offer him as sacrifice. When Abraham wanted to do so, God stopped him and provided a Ram instead.
Are you saying verse 31 is wrong? Yes, she wept she was never going to marry because she was going to be a burnt offering. Do you have any explanation for verse 31?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 2:05am On Feb 05, 2022
tctrills:
Yes Jephthah's action was contrary to what is written in the verses you quoted so what is your point?
So you do see the point that Jephthah clearly is familiar with and equally aware of Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21 and 2 Kings 21:6 then

tctrills:
Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21, and 2 Kings 21:6 are all contrary to Jephthah's action.
There's no conflict of interest whatsoever between Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21, and 2 Kings 21:6 and Jephthah's action.

Both the first and second promises that Jephthah made in his veiled forked coded vows did not, in anyway, come into conflict with Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21, and 2 Kings 21:6 because Jephthah's intended action had nothing to do with a dead sacrifice of a fellow human being

tctrills:
I really want to know what you are getting at.
You dont want to know the truth. What you really want to know and what you're getting at, is digging your heels in to the ground believing lies, that Jephthah sacrificed another person, his daughter as a burning sacrifice to God

tctrills:
I have read all these verses before I even brought up the topic.
When reading all the verses, you didnt pay meticulous attention to every detail of the verses. If you did, you wouldnt have brought up the topic.

tctrills:
The only reason I brought this up is because Jephthah's actions were not in line with other teachers.
The only one word reason, you brought this up is not because Jephthah's actions were not in line with other teachers, it is because of ignorance (i.e. meaning, your lack of knowledge of the significant facts in the bible passage)

Now watch this tctrills. What Jephthah did in Judges 11:31 was to combine two vows, which to an untrained or unsuspecting eyes, like yours, appears on the surface, to look as if its just one straight vow.

Judges 11:31, as a matter of fact and truth, is a coded message verse, wrapping up and holding within it, two vows.

Judges 11:31
Then it shall be, that whatsoever comes forth of the doors of my house to meet me,
when I return in peace from the children of Ammon,
shall surely be the LORD'S,
and I will offer 'IT' up for a burnt offering.

Vow number 1:
"whatsoever comes forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S"

Vow Number 2:
"and I will offer 'IT' up for a burnt offering."

Listen to this tctrills, Judges 11:31, in relation to the two vows, is explained like this:

Referring to Vow number 1:
Whatsoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me shall surely be the LORD'S (i.e. meaning, whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet Jephthah, will be given over to God, as a living sacrifice that's devoted to service)

Referring to Vow number 2:
Better still, if it happens to be an 'IT' (i.e. meaning, if it happens to be an animal AND NOT a human being, then Jephthah, will offer 'IT', the animal up for a burnt offering sacrifice.)

Vow number 2, served as, an extra or added bonus vow. Do you, now get it? Hmm?

tctrills:
Are you saying that Judges 11 is not part of the bible?
Judges 11:34-37
34When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter came out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy.
She was his one and only child; he had no other sons or daughters.
35When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish.
“Oh, my daughter!” he cried out. “You have completely destroyed me! You’ve brought disaster on me!
For I have made a vow to the Lord, and I cannot take it back.”
36And she said, “Father, if you have made a vow to the Lord,
you must do to me what you have vowed, for the Lord has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites.
37But first let me do this one thing: Let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin

Smh at you. I am saying that Judges 11 is part of the bible, while your confusion about Jephthah and his daughter is not in the bible

tctrills, you can see from Judges 11:34-37 above, that when Jephthah's daughter came out to meet him, father and daughter instantly knew the fate of the daughter is now a lifetime of celibacy, meaning that, Jephthah's daughter now never will marry and she'll be sexually abstinent in addition to her dedication to God (i.e. as per the detail in vow number 1)

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by tctrills: 2:17am On Feb 05, 2022
NNTR:
So you do see the point that Jephthah clearly is familiar with and equally aware of Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21 and 2 Kings 21:6 then

There's no conflict of interest whatsoever between Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21, and 2 Kings 21:6 and Jephthah's action.

Both the first and second promises that Jephthah made in his veiled forked coded vows did not, in anyway, come into conflict with Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21, and 2 Kings 21:6 because Jephthah's intended action had nothing to do with a dead sacrifice of a fellow human being

You dont want to know the truth. What you really want to know and what you're getting at, is digging your heels in to the ground believing lies, that Jephthah sacrificed another person, his daughter as a burning sacrifice to God

When reading all the verses, you didnt pay meticulous attention to every detail of the verses. If you did, you wouldnt have brought up the topic.

The only one word reason, you brought this up is not because Jephthah's actions were not in line with other teachers, it is because of ignorance (i.e. meaning, your lack of knowledge of the significant facts in the bible passage)

Now watch this tctrills. What Jephthah did in Judges 11:31 was to combine two vows, which to an untrained or unsuspecting eyes, like yours, appears on the surface, to look as if its just one straight vow.

Judges 11:31, as a matter of fact and truth, is a coded message verse, wrapping up and holding within it, two vows.

Then it shall be, that whatsoever comes forth of the doors of my house to meet me,

Vow number 1:
"whatsoever comes forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S"

Vow Number 2:
"and I will offer 'IT' up for a burnt offering."

Listen to this tctrills, Judges 11:31, in relation to the two vows, is explained like this:

Referring to Vow number 1:
Whatsoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me shall surely be the LORD'S (i.e. meaning, whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet Jephthah, will be given over to God, as a living sacrifice that's devoted to service)

Referring to Vow number 2:
Better still, if it happens to be an 'IT' (i.e. meaning, if it happens to be an animal AND NOT a human being, then Jephthah, will offer 'IT', the animal up for a burnt offering sacrifice.)

Vow number 2, served as, an extra or added bonus vow. Do you, now get it? Hmm?

Judges 11:34-37
34When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter came out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy.
She was his one and only child; he had no other sons or daughters.
35When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish.
“Oh, my daughter!” he cried out. “You have completely destroyed me! You’ve brought disaster on me!
For I have made a vow to the Lord, and I cannot take it back.”
36And she said, “Father, if you have made a vow to the Lord,
you must do to me what you have vowed, for the Lord has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites.
37But first let me do this one thing: Let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin

Smh at you. I am saying that Judges 11 is part of the bible, while your confusion about Jephthah and his daughter is not in the bible

tctrills, you can see from Judges 11:34-37 above, that when Jephthah's daughter came out to meet him, father and daughter instantly knew the fate of the daughter is now a lifetime of celibacy, meaning that, Jephthah's daughter now never will marry and she'll be sexually abstinent in addition to her dedication to God (i.e. as per the detail in vow number 1)

The summary of it all, your understanding of scripture i's based on guess work and not the revealed word.
Or is it that you have a problem with reading and understanding.
I advise you to show verse 31 to anyone that understands English.
Just the one verse has made you write the script of an entire movie.
Anyway we both don't agree. Thanks for your time. I see you really gave this much time. Thanks for the effort

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 2:42am On Feb 05, 2022
tctrills:
The summary of it all, your understanding of scripture i's based on guess work and not the revealed word.
Proverbs 25:2
'It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
(i.e. It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them.
God is praised for being mysterious; rulers are praised for explaining mysteries)
'

The bible, expects you give, yourself up, as a living human sacrifice to God. The bible does not endorse, whether dead or living, you give someone else up, as a human sacrifice to God.

Now tctrills, I am sure you dont have sawdust for a brain, because that gray matter inside your head, isn't serving just as an ornament, only to decorate your body with. No, but we are blessed with this powerfully built processing functional gift of a brain to positively make use of, for a purpose, for a reason and for such times as these

Or now that you made this such a crass and classless comment, is this a case, that perhaps, you are suffering from an occasional bout of acute and penetrative crab mentality. Hmm?

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by tctrills: 2:44am On Feb 05, 2022
NNTR:
'It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
(i.e. It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them.
God is praised for being mysterious; rulers are praised for explaining mysteries)
'

The bible, expects you give, yourself up, as a living human sacrifice to God. The bible does not endorse, whether dead or living, you give someone else up, as a human sacrifice to God.

Now tctrills, I am sure you dont have sawdust for a brain, because that gray matter inside your head, isn't serving just as an ornament, only to decorate your body with. No, but we are blessed with this powerfully built processing functional gift of a brain to positively make use of, for a purpose, for a reason and for such times as these

Or now that you made this such a crass and classless comment, is this a case, that perhaps, you are suffering from an occasional bout of acute and penetrative crab mentality. Hmm?

Oga, you are confussed. You just replaced the scripture with your personal movie script.
I commend you though, you have a very creative mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by tctrills: 2:49am On Feb 05, 2022
NNTR:
'

The bible says 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph(A) from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.

I can imagine the time and effort it took you to come up with your own version of events.

If you have problems understanding what the passage said, you don't need to go through such stress to create your personal narrative.

You could have said you don't understand. Simple.
Haba. I too know

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 2:56am On Feb 05, 2022
tctrills:
Oga, you are confussed. You just replaced the scripture with your personal movie script.
I commend you though, you have a very creative mind
tctrills , always pay attention to the little details because details create the big picture.

Take genuine interest in all the details of Judges 11, and especially, the important one, in Judges 11:31 because the truth of the Jephthah story lies in the details.

Everything you've come up with concerning Jephthah giving his daughter up as a burning sacrifice is nonsensical and you are refusing that anyone help explain the story to you.

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 3:00am On Feb 05, 2022
tctrills:
The bible says 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph(A) from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.

I reiterate that Judges 11:31, as a matter of fact and truth, is a coded message verse, wrapping up and holding within it, two vows.

Now with that repeated, tctrills, would you accept from now on, I begin calling you 'it' and/or even start, addressing you as, 'it'?

tctrills:
I can imagine the time and effort it took you to come up with your own version of events.

If you have problems understanding what the passage said, you don't need to go through such stress to create your personal narrative.

You could have said you don't understand. Simple.
Haba. I too know
Has it crossed your mind, that perhaps, you're suffering from an occasional bout of acute and penetrative crab mentality. Hmm?

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 5:27am On Feb 05, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

But I asked you several times to tell me who is speaking in this your Quran verse, rather you're dodging and avoiding to answer the question..

Quran 19:33

Muhammad Ahmed & Samira

And the security/peace (was) on me (on the) day I was born, and (the) day I die, and (the) day I be sent/resurrected/revived alive

I will ask you again; WHO IS SPEAKING IN QURAN 19:33?

A. Muhammad

B. Allah

C. Jesus

D. Gabriel

E. None of the above

NB: Choose the best answer from the options given, No super story.

You brought the verse here so tell us who you think is speaking from the context!
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 5:47am On Feb 05, 2022
cornelboy:
Who Muslims de sacrifice ram to every year grin grin

All the sacrifice done by a Muslim is done to Allah in worship and are only compulsory if the person is capable financially! The yearly ram is in remembrance of Abraham who wanted to sacrifice his son but ended up with a ram. How is that same as human sacrifice by your God?

Sacrifice Jesus did is for our sin. Not just for our normal sins o, but the sin we all inherited from Adam. Of course it also works for our general sins. The sacrifice Jesus made is once and for all.

Any ritualist or yahoo person can also claim this. Killing people for others to progress can never come from God!

Moreso, Adam's sin is his. My sin is mine.
Did you inherit your dad's sins?
Did your dad inherit his dad's sins?

When did the inheritance stop exactly?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 6:22am On Feb 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

You brought the verse here so tell us who you think is speaking from the context!

So the question too hard for allah to answer through you abi grin you should go back and seek for the help of your alfa then if allah couldn't help you to answer this very simplest question on earth

Quran 19:33

Muhammad Ahmed & Samira

And the security/peace (was) on me (on the) day I was born, and (the) day I die, and (the) day I be sent/resurrected/revived alive

I will ask you again; WHO IS SPEAKING IN QURAN 19:33?

A. Muhammad

B. Allah

C. Jesus

D. Gabriel

E. None of the above

NB: Choose the best answer from the options given, No super story.
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by cornelboy(f): 6:28am On Feb 05, 2022
You'll never learn. Adam had a perfect life, if he hadn't disobeyed God and sinned he would be living with us today. The sin made him lost everything and through him death and sin came to all mankind.

God created us to live on earth forever, that was His original purpose.

The bible warns that any sacrifices made are to demons, you sure say your god na God?
Jesus is the last sacrifice, it's once and for all.

So a ritualist that kills his fellow human for money or other purposes is same as God sending his son to die for our sin.
And remember Jesus was brutally tortured and killed but our loving and powerful almighty YHWH raised him up.
grin grin grin

Ona no understand anything grin
AntiChristian:

All the sacrifice done by a Muslim is done to Allah in worship and are only compulsory if the person is capable financially! The yearly ram is in remembrance of Abraham who wanted to sacrifice his son but ended up with a ram. How is that same as human sacrifice by your God?

Any ritualist or yahoo person can also claim this. Killing people for others to progress can never come from God!

Moreso, Adam's sin is his. My sin is mine.
Did you inherit your dad's sins?
Did your dad inherit his dad's sins?

When did the inheritance stop exactly?
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
cornelboy:
You'll never learn. Adam had a perfect life, if he hadn't disobeyed God and sinned he would be living with us today. The sin made him lost everything and through him death and sin came to all mankind.

You and Adam who sin pass? And have you lost everything?

God created us to live on earth forever, that was His original purpose.
Where did your God state this as you put? Did God know Adam would disobey Him?

The bible warns that any sacrifices made are to demons, you sure say your god na God?
Jesus is the last sacrifice, it's once and for all.
Did Abraham sacrifice to demons? We are simply copying Abraham who never worshiped three gods in one!

So a ritualist that kills his fellow human for money or other purposes is same as God sending his son to die for our sin.
And remember Jesus was brutally tortured and killed but our loving and powerful almighty YHWH raised him up.
grin grin grin

Ona no understand anything grin

Yes, they are similar. Without blood both can't save people.
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by cornelboy(f): 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

You and Adam who sin pass? And have you lost everything?

You no go understand
I shouldn't be debating with you in the first place, cos the bible entirely differs from the Koran grin grin

Where did your God state this as you put? Did God know Adam would disobey Him?

Whether God knew or not, the fact is Adam disobeyed God and lost his privileges which includes eternal life.
God clearly warned that if they eat of the forbidden tree they will die

Did Abraham sacrifice to demons? We are simply copying Abraham who never worshiped three gods in one!

Jesus' death is the last sacrifice, once and for all.

Yes, they are similar. Without blood both can't save people.

Oga your an idiot sorry i have to use the word.
So God of Israel wey send Jesus to die and save mankind by giving us eternal life na ritualist abi?
Who yahoo boys Dem de save? Killing their fellow human na salvation right?
No be your Alfa de give them soap and tell them to bring human parts?
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
NNTR:
I could give you a lot of reasons or why God need to come down, but the long and short of it is that, it is out of love, as I earlier did advance that made Him come down
So He can't express love from wherever He is? Isn't He All-Powerful?

It is not unusual to pray to Oneself and/or one self
Mention those you've seen pray to themselves?

God said that
John 10:11
'I am the Good Shepherd.
The Good Shepherd lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
'

John 10:18
'No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily.
For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again.
'

As I earlier advanced, God, in the person of Jesus, laid down His life. He gave it willingly because He has the power to give it up and the power to receive it back again

1. God is not Jesus according to your Bible. John 3:16 says God sent his son not God sent himself.
2. Luke also said in Acts 3:13 Jesus was a servant of God
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.
3. In John 17:3 Jesus said he was sent mentioning two persons separately with[b]and[/b] "Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only TRUE God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.
4. In John 20:17 "Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’”

Jesus get God who is our God too!

When Jesus was on the cross he allegedly said My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? He would have been crazy referring to himself in that way!

God is described as I AM, that, I AM, meaning, God will become whatsoever is necessary, He be, in order to achieve His purpose. Meaning, God will slide through whatsoever is necessary, and let it be so and proper, in order to fulfil all righteousness
My God can not become shit if it's necessary as it does not befit His majesty!

You obviously dont know or understanding what condescending is. Unlike you, God is Humble enough to do whatever is necessary for Him to come down to our level and rescue
Why does God need to come down to our level? And can't he send messengers and Prophets as he did before?

If no has done that, then what gives them the right to kill and take another person's life then?

Great grand dads will wake up in the Resurrection

Since your God showed them the example by sending his son to be killed for others to progress, that's the right you gave them ritualist to kill and save people with blood. Vicarious atonement! Blood!
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
cornelboy:

You no go understand
I shouldn't be debating with you in the first place, cos the bible entirely differs from the Koran grin grin
Of cos even your trinity is not understood by anyone. This is as far as the spirit leads you!

Whether God knew or not, the fact is Adam disobeyed God and lost his privileges which includes eternal life.
God clearly warned that if they eat of the forbidden tree they will die
Simple question you won't answer directly! He made one mistake and was condemned. You have made thousands of mistakes and you are not condemned. How is your God fair?

Jesus' death is the last sacrifice, once and for all.
A God that shed the blood of his son? What does God need son for in the first place? Is it to inherit Him when he die or what?

Oga your an idiot sorry i have to use the word.
So God of Israel wey send Jesus to die and save mankind by giving us eternal life na ritualist abi?
Who yahoo boys Dem de save? Killing their fellow human na salvation right?
No be your Alfa de give them soap and tell them to bring human parts?

Anyone who kills people shedding their blood for others to progress is a ritualist. And i no get Alfa wey dey give soap and use human parts. You can check your Pastors with fake miracles. And was the idiotic abuse revealed to you by the holy spirit or was it sent by Jesus?
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by cornelboy(f): 12:36am On Feb 06, 2022
AntiChristian:
Of cos even your trinity is not understood by anyone. This is as far as the spirit leads you!

Have you ever argued with a Jehovah witness cos I'm one
Simple question you won't answer directly! He made one mistake and was condemned. You have made thousands of mistakes and you are not condemned. How is your God fair?

You don't get the full picture. Do you?
God's plan is to restore everything back to his initial purpose.
A time is coming where the world will be free of evil, sin, death, sickness, struggling etc.
Everything will be perfect.

A God that shed the blood of his son? What does God need son for in the first place? Is it to inherit Him when he die or what?

He did it out of love.
That's why Mohammed didn't have son?
Have you ever reasoned why Allah commanded Mohamed to marry Zaynab, Saeed's divorcee?
So that Mohammed will make an example to Muslims that they can marry their son's ex wife, that he, Allah permits it. And this same Allah prohibited Muslims from adopting sons.
Is that not something to you?

Between Allah and Mohammed who is more righteous?
Actually Mohammed didn't want to marry Zaynab though he loved her because he feared the people will talk against it. But Allah told him to go ahead and marry. Who's more chaste between Allah and Mohammed grin grin

The ultimate question is: is Allah the same God that Abraham walked with? Naaah!!

Anyone who kills people shedding their blood for others to progress is a ritualist. And i no get Alfa wey dey give soap and use human parts. You can check your Pastors with fake miracles. And was the idiotic abuse revealed to you by the holy spirit or was it sent by Jesus?

Did God literally killed Jesus? Is the killing of ram by Muslims not ritual?
Didnt the Jews kill animals for their sin before Christ came to die for our sins?
Learn oga grin
You can say whatever you like about the Holy spirit.
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by PastorAIO: 7:08am On Feb 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
God doesn't accept human sacrifice. His daughter wasn't killed and used for sacrifice, rather she served the Lord all the days of her life without getting married and bearing children. It be came their custom.

Actually he did ask for human sacrifice. One has to be very careful when dealing with liars.

You can’t just believe he didn’t because of a few verses here and there where he said he didn’t like it. You have to look at the whole picture. A liar will always expose himself if you give him enough rope.

The biblical commands to sacrifice children were removed and redacted but they failed to remove it completely.

Ezekiel 20
25 vMoreover, I gave them statutes that were not good and rules by which they could not have life, 26 and I defiled them through wtheir very gifts win their offering up all their firstborn, that I might devastate them. I did it xthat they might know that I am the Lord.

]

There was an express command to sacrifice their first borns. Where are those statutes today? Why are they not in the Deuteronomy etc

Because they were later removed to hide the fact of the practice.

Yet the bible is full of the evidence from genesis to revelation. When you understand the requirement of child sacrifice then it all makes sense from Abraham sacrificing Isaac to Jephthah sacrificing his daughter. There are many more instances

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by LordReed(m): 7:39am On Feb 06, 2022
NNTR:
If thats a source of wisdom and consolation for you, then so be it

Whatever the depth, this hole you've digging yourself and climbing down in to, just know that there's a way out of it, and the way to safely climb out of the hole, is by conceding that this one verse did give evidence of human sacrifice, albeit none of your fantasy burnt offering for that matter, but it was a perpetual living sacrifice performed by Jephthah's daughter, until death (i.e. the rest of her life

Do you notice how you evaded answering the question, asking if you, believe that Jephthah wasnt familiar with and wasnt aware of Deuteronomy 12:31, Deuteronomy 18:10, Leviticus 18:21 and 2 Kings 21:6? Hmm?

I am leaving for you, to toy and play with in your mind, that important it word, that I underlined in Judges 11:31 above, loll.

This is funny. Why would Jephthah be sad to the point of ripping his own clothes if it was just celibacy his daughter was going to endure? Why didn't Samuel's mother become sad when she gave him up? You are just trying to shield yourself from what is evident, the daughter was made a burnt offering.

And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

Even the girl understood what was going to happen.

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2022
shocked shocked cool cool cool cool
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by PastorAIO: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2022
LordReed:

This is funny. Why would Jephthah be sad to the point of ripping his own clothes if it was just celibacy his daughter was going to endure? Why didn't Samuel's mother become sad when she gave him up? You are just trying to shield yourself from what is evident, the daughter was made a burnt offering.

And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites.

And in the wider community nobody was shocked. Nobody tried to stop it. The maidens even commemorated it yearly.

When yhwh told Abram to kill Isaac he wasn’t shocked. Almost as if this was just business as usual.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Feb 06, 2022
PastorAIO:

And in the wider community nobody was shocked. Nobody tried to stop it. The maidens even commemorated it yearly.

When yhwh told Abram to kill Isaac he wasn’t shocked. Almost as if this was just business as usual.

Solid point. Abraham didn't even question if it was the god actually speaking. Ask any of these guys now if the god commands them to kill their child if they'll do it, they'll say its the devil not the god. LoL!

Obviously, their society was well acquainted with the practice. It wasn't a strange vow to make at all. Samuel must have been a lucky chap or else he'd have been roasted too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 10:20am On Feb 06, 2022
AntiChristian:
So He can't express love from wherever He is?
God is Love.
God is Omnipresent, meaning that, God is here, God is there, God is everywhere and that simultaneously can be in more than one place at a time.

Now zeroing on your question proper. God widely and constantly express love from all places

AntiChristian:
Isn't He All-Powerful?
Isnt Mohammed a Muslim?
Of course, God is All-Powerful, and even His power is not subjected to the limitations of time, space and matter.

AntiChristian:
Mention those you've seen pray to themselves?
Surat Qaf [50:16] - The Noble Qur'an
Surat Qaf [verse 16] - And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him,
and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein.

Personally speaking, I often pray to myself, while at the same time, I follow Jesus' laid down example to follow, which is, praying to God, our Father above.

Now my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, let me paint you a picture on the Jesus-God relationship. Remember, I earlier advanced that I often speak to myself. Yeah? OK then, now lets go a tad deeper, loll.

With the earlier quoted Surat Qaf [50:16] from The Noble Qur'an above in your mind, think about the relationship between your own body and soul. Watch this. Your body regularly talks (i.e. speaks or prays) to your mind, for example, your body tells your soul, that your left hand, is cold or even, asks your soul, for things, like food and water, if not warmth then, loll. So do you see that your body, soul and even your spirit, is you? Also notice that your body and soul often work so well together, that they cooperatively seem to like and want the same things, loll. Are you getting it now, loll.

AntiChristian:
1. God is not Jesus according to your Bible. John 3:16 says God sent his son not God sent himself.
2. Luke also said in Acts 3:13 Jesus was a servant of God
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.
3. In John 17:3 Jesus said he was sent mentioning two persons separately with[b]and[/b] "Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only TRUE God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.
4. In John 20:17 "Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’”

Jesus get God who is our God too!

When Jesus was on the cross he allegedly said My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? He would have been crazy referring to himself in that way!
My dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, since you still are struggling to break free your imprisoned mind, loll, let me shine another level of illumination needed for you to see all this with, loll

You can quote John 3:16, Acts 3:13, John 17:3 and John 20:17 until you are blue in the face, they won't remove the fact and truth that Jesus is God Incarnate, meaning, Jesus, is God embodied in a human form, that is, Jesus, equally is, God in a human being body.

Given that you know that, God, fundamentally is, Spirit, meaning, God is not composed of physical matter but God is incorporeal. Now watch this, your soul and spirit too, that are incorporeal, works with your body that is physical. Next listen to this, Jesus, who is, God in flesh, who is, God in a human being body, works with God, that fundamentally is Spirit, the same way, your body works with your mind, loll. Whatever plan(s), desire(s), wish(es) want(s) etc your soul has, your body carries out for it. So, just as the body, is a physical expression of the soul, so Jesus is a visible and physical expression of an invisible God, loll.

AntiChristian:
My God can not become shit if it's necessary as it does not befit His majesty!
Unlike your 'God', God actually is Humble enough to do whatever is necessary for Him to become
The majesty of God gives Him no emotional problem or inhibition to prevent Him become whatever is necessary He become. In the wilderness, He became a Rock of water to quench the thirst of the Israelites. In same wilderness, He become pillars of cloud in the day and light in the dark etc

AntiChristian:
Why does God need to come down to our level? And can't he send messengers and Prophets as he did before?
Dont you come down to the level of your kids?
Do you every time send messengers or house-helps to your kids?

For your information, messengers and Prophets cannot redeem you from your sins

AntiChristian:
Since your God showed them the example by sending his son to be killed for others to progress, that's the right you gave them ritualist to kill and save people with blood.
Hebrews 10:5
That is why, when Christ came into the world, He said to God,
“You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings.
But you have given Me a body to offer.

No human being has the right to unjustly kill another another human being.
No human being has the right to kill another human being for personal and selfish financial gains.
If any human being wants to or needs to kill another human being, then such human being should create their own human being, made from scratch with raw materials, to kill.

AntiChristian:
Vicarious atonement! Blood!
Leviticus 17:11
Life is in the blood, and I have given you the blood of animals to sacrifice in place of your own.

Leviticus 17:14a
The life of every living creature is in its blood...

Hebrews 9:22
In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood,
and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness
[neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].

Genesis 4:10
“What have you done?” replied the LORD.
“The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.

Watch this. So, we found a way to connect blood to crime, but if there's no body, no blood, then there's no DNA evidence start investigation with, isnt it?

Now, my dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, before turning your nose up at blood and its importance in the grand scheme of God, plan of salvation, redemption and reconciliation, you ought of thought about why blood, why not bone, why not head, why not leg, why not kidney, why not nose etc

Do you understand why blood is called the red river of life?
OK, go up notch, and ponder a bit on DNA in addition to its relationship blood and life in general, loll

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2022
LordReed:
This is funny.
It wasnt funny to Jephthah though

LordReed:
Why would Jephthah be sad to the point of ripping his own clothes if it was just celibacy his daughter was going to endure?
Jephthah was sad to the point of ripping his own clothes, because he found out he had miscalculated. He didn't factor in that it will be his daughter who will first come out to greet him.

Jephthah, in the second part of the vow, as an afterthought was actually expecting to see an animal meet him

LordReed:
Why didn't Samuel's mother become sad when she gave him up?
Samuel's mother (i.e. Hannah) couldn't have been sad because with the blessing of her husband Elkanah, she willing to keep the promise she made, that Samuel will belong to the Lord his whole life serving Him

LordReed:
You are just trying to shield yourself from what is evident, the daughter was made a burnt offering.

And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord:
“If you give the Ammonites into my hands,
31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”
I have helped underlined one of the most significant detail in Judges 11:31

LordReed:

The girl understood that what was going to happen to her, is chastity and be dedicated to God's service, the fulfilling of the first vow.

The second vow, has nothing to do with her, being that she isnt an animal.

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2022
PastorAIO:
Deuteronomy 12:28-32a
28Be careful to obey all my commands, so that all will go well with you and your children after you,
because you will be doing what is good and pleasing to the LORD your God.
29“When the LORD your God goes ahead of you and destroys the nations and you drive them out and live in their land,
30do not fall into the trap of following their customs and worshiping their gods.
Do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How do these nations worship their gods? I want to follow their example.’
31You must not worship the LORD your God the way the other nations worship their gods,
for they perform for their gods every detestable act that the LORD hates.
They even burn their sons and daughters as sacrifices to their gods.
32“So be careful to obey all the commands I give you.

Why would anyone want to stop your imaginary human being burnt offering sacrifice

PastorAIO:
Deuteronomy 12:29-32a
29When your God YHWH cuts off the nations
—to where you are going in to possess them—from your presence,
and you have possessed them, and have dwelt in their land—
30take heed to yourself lest you are ensnared after them, after their being destroyed out of your presence,
and lest you inquire about their gods, saying, How do these nations serve their gods, that I also do so?
31You do not do so to your God YHWH; for every abomination that YHWH has hated they have done for their gods,
for they even burn their sons and their daughters with fire for their gods.
32The whole thing which I am commanding you, you observe to do it;

Well spotted, that Abram wasn’t shocked when YHWH told him to kill (i.e. sacrifice) Isaac

OK, now listen to this and let's acknowledge and get a few things in proper perspectives first
1. Abram, before becoming Abraham, was a worshipper of idols, essentially, an idolater, in short.
2. Child sacrificing to these idols was a common and prevailing practice then and Abram was accustomed to it
3. It is a well known historical and documented fact that there existed a prevailing Mesopotamia custom of child sacrifices and/or ritualistic killing of children when Abraham lived then.
4. Deuteronomy 12:30-31 was formalised 400 years plus after the historic Abraham's near-sacrifice of his son Isaac
5. Jephthah is fully clued up on Deuteronomy 12:28-32a. He also is fully aware where and when to draw the line

Now, if the way, to con a honest person, is to feed his or her greed. The only way to assess and evaluate a honest person such as Abram, is to test him, with something, he already is used to and used with, so that the request doesnt come as a shock to him.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by PastorAIO: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
NNTR:
Deuteronomy 12:28-32a

Why would anyone want to stop your imaginary human being burnt offering sacrifice

N

Your problem is not my imaginary human sacrifice. It is Ezekiel’s message from yhwh stating clearly that yhwh purposely gave them statutes[b]

Indeed he is a liar and misinformation is a be of the tools in his arsenals for leading prey like you astray.

I notice how deftly you avoided addressing Ezekiel 20:25
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
PastorAIO:
Your problem is not my imaginary human sacrifice.
Take ownership of the imagined human sacrifice problem you created and stop passing the buck

PastorAIO:
It is Ezekiel’s message from yhwh stating clearly that yhwh purposely gave them statutes

Indeed he is a liar and misinformation is a be of the tools in his arsenals for leading prey like you astray.
Romans 1:28
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or consider Him worth knowing [as their Creator], God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do things which are improper and repulsive,

Its not unusual to give people up or give them over to worthless things, so they be free to indulge in their whims and caprices or whatnot of no values. Look at Satan for example, look at Judas, look at Pharaoh etc, loll

PastorAIO:
I notice how deftly you avoided addressing Ezekiel 20:25
There is nothing to address in Ezekiel 20:25, but if you want to, then lets go there.

Warn you, though, that I'll put your head under water, so make sure you can swim, if not bring along a life jacket. Be ready to contextually take Ezekiel 20:25 apart.

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by PastorAIO: 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
NNTR:
Take ownership of the imagined human sacrifice problem you created and stop passing the buck

Romans 1:28
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or consider Him worth knowing [as their Creator], God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do things which are improper and repulsive,

Its not unusual to give people up or give them over to worthless things, so they be free to indulge in their whims and caprices or whatnot of no values. Look at Satan for example, look at Judas, look at Pharaoh etc, loll

There is nothing to address in Ezekiel 20:25, but if you want to, then lets go there.

Warn you, though, that I'll put your head under water, so make sure you can swim, if not bring along a life jacket. Be ready to contextually take Ezekiel 20:25 apart.

2Kings 23:20
And he sacrificed all the priests of the high places who were there, on the altars, and burned human bones on them. Then he returned to Jerusalem.
Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by LordReed(m): 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
NNTR:
It wasnt funny to Jephthah though

Jephthah was sad to the point of ripping his own clothes, because he found out he had miscalculated. He did factor in that it will be his daughter who will first come out to greet him.

Jephthah, in the second part of the vow, as an afterthought was actually expecting to see an animal meet him

Samuel's mother (i.e. Hannah) couldn't have been sad because with the blessing of her husband Elkanah, she willing to keep the promise she made, that Samuel will belong to the Lord his whole life serving Him

I have helped underlined one of the most significant detail in Judges 11:31

The girl understood that what was going to happen to her, is chastity and be dedicated to God's service, the fulfilling of the first vow.

The second vow, has nothing to do with her, being that she isnt an animal.

LoL was it chastity Jephthah promised the god or a burnt sacrifice. Please show me another place in the bible were a person is ripping their clothes of because off chastity. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
PastorAIO:
2Kings 23:20
And he sacrificed all the priests of the high places who were there, on the altars, and burned human bones on them. Then he returned to Jerusalem.
Exodus 32:7-28
7The LORD told Moses, “Quick! Go down the mountain!
Your people whom you brought from the land of Egypt have corrupted themselves.
8How quickly they have turned away from the way I commanded them to live!
They have melted down gold and made a calf, and they have bowed down and sacrificed to it.
They are saying, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.’”
9Then the LORD said, “I have seen how stubborn and rebellious these people are.
10Now leave me alone so my fierce anger can blaze against them, and I will destroy them.
Then I will make you, Moses, into a great nation.”
11But Moses tried to pacify the LORD his God. “O LORD!” he said.
“Why are you so angry with your own people whom you brought from the land of Egypt with such great power and such a strong hand?
12Why let the Egyptians say, ‘Their God rescued them with the evil intention of slaughtering them in the mountains
and wiping them from the face of the earth’? Turn away from your fierce anger.
Change your mind about this terrible disaster you have threatened against your people!
13Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You bound yourself with an oath to them, saying,
‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven.
And I will give them all of this land that I have promised to your descendants, and they will possess it forever.’”
14So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.
15Then Moses turned and went down the mountain.
He held in his hands the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant. They were inscribed on both sides, front and back.
16These tablets were God’s work; the words on them were written by God himself.
17When Joshua heard the boisterous noise of the people shouting below them, he exclaimed to Moses, “It sounds like war in the camp!”
18But Moses replied, “No, it’s not a shout of victory nor the wailing of defeat. I hear the sound of a celebration.”
19When they came near the camp, Moses saw the calf and the dancing, and he burned with anger.
He threw the stone tablets to the ground, smashing them at the foot of the mountain.
20He took the calf they had made and burned it.
Then he ground it into powder, threw it into the water, and forced the people to drink it.
21Finally, he turned to Aaron and demanded,
“What did these people do to you to make you bring such terrible sin upon them?”
22“Don’t get so upset, my lord,” Aaron replied. “You yourself know how evil these people are.
23They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will lead us.
We don’t know what happened to this fellow Moses, who brought us here from the land of Egypt.’
24So I told them, ‘Whoever has gold jewelry, take it off.’
When they brought it to me, I simply threw it into the fire—and out came this calf!”
25Moses saw that Aaron had let the people get completely out of control,
much to the amusement of their enemies
26So he stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted,
“All of you who are on the LORD’s side, come here and join me.”
And all the Levites gathered around him.
27Moses told them, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says:
Each of you, take your swords and go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other.
Kill everyone—even your brothers, friends, and neighbors.”
28The Levites obeyed Moses’ command, and about 3,000 people died that day

I ask you who were the priests killed by Josiah?
What calibre of priests are they?

Re: Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? by NNTR: 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
LordReed:
LoL
You wouldnt find it LOL, if shoe was on the other foot, and it was your darling princess, that you've realised, you wouldn't have the chance to walk down the aisle and she would never know how it passionately feels like, being made a woman

LordReed:
was it chastity Jephthah promised the god or a burnt sacrifice.
It was both. The former concerning a human being and the latter concerning an animal

LordReed:
Please show me another place in the bible were a person is ripping their clothes of because off chastity. Bwahahahahaha!
Wouldnt make a difference if I should

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lawrence Oyor Biography / Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? / Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.