Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

$9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. (8283 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by Dblank(f): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2011
Would only return if only i dont have the ReCeIpT but if the receipt is wiv moi,sorry o.I grin
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by tonyx4x44(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2011
give me my ring now now! shocked
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2011
Send armed robbers to retrieve it if she thinks she is stubborn.
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by Tosinville(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
Forget it.
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by minute(f): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
I would  keep it regardless of who breaks it off. The ring is a promise of commitment

from him to her,it doesn't matter if she is the one who breaks it off,it's considered

a gift to her.

Most men here wont take you to court to get the ring back because she can turn the

tables and sue him for breech of contract(meaning a deal was made to marry you,the ring

sealed the deal and now the deal is broken)
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by kenmoss22: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2011
yes she should return the ring,if not she is still engage spiritually to the man.
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2011
doesn't make sense to give someone a gift and then ask for it back.
but i would return it.

Shoolar:

wat goes around comes around.
lol
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by nsidear: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
First consider what the ring represents. !!!!!! ENGAGEMENT !!!!!! so if you are no longer standing by what you wear, psychologically its not good to wear same. so returning the ring is the right thing to do.
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by agitator: 9:55am On Jul 04, 2011
what is $9000, if he can afford it, he can also forget about it wink
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by WhyAWhy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
agitator:

what is $9000, if he can afford it, he can also forget about it wink

This isn't rocket science! It's not about if he can afford it, it's about the purpose of the ring.

Will you marry me?, that's what he asked
The lady said "Yes", and then he placed a ring on it to symbolise that commitment.

When the lady came back to say "No", I believe the symbol of the commitment should be returned to truly affirm her "NO-ship". If she's got shame she should return it even if it costs the guy =N=5. If the guy takes the situation to any court of law, he would win without a single sweat or the lady be asked to pay back the equivalent in cash.
Re: $9000 Engagement Ring: Give It Back Or Keep It. by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 20, 2011
This reminds me of a comedy movie #my American nurse. . Dude bought engagement ring from the 99cents store lmao. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Offers To Give Man Free Ride In Lagos, When He Entered See What He Did Next / Man Beats Up Wife Mercilessly Over Infidelity (Photos) / Please Guys I Need Your Help,nobody Wants To Date Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.