Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,223 members, 7,780,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:00 PM

Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? (2076 Views)

God's Grace Is Unmerited - Joseph Prince / ... / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by sarmy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
Is GRACE unmerited favor of God?

In everything give thanks, for we are saved by His grace, we are alive by his grace and everything actually is by His grace. These and many more are the common ways we refer to the grace of God

What really is grace, is it unmerited, is it a free gift, is it by work or by faith. Is it God's prerogative to give it or not, are there levels of grace and how do we increase it?

kindly share your view.

Shalom
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Image123(m): 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2011
Grace is ehnn God's help or favour simply put. It's not unmerited (in the sense that everything is unmerited btw if we tow that context). Jesus needed and had grace, that's d principal reason i believe it's not about been unmerited.
God's grace is sufficient for us, all we need do is use the quantity required if that what you mean by levels.
I think it's by faith and work of faith. If you need grace, simply come boldly to the throne of grace and get it.
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Sweetnecta: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ if you truly have grace, would you have said Jesus needed to die first?

incidentally, you said faith, then you said work of faith is involved. very ironic. your slip of the fingers says faith is not enough but work has to be involved.

i wanna know what is work of faith except 'action'; work or effort that involves some energy, power?

after it is said and done, Jesus death, by your admission above is not enough. i therefore wat purpose was the so called death, when it is, in itself is not enough?

at the end of the day not from Jesus who is on earth, but it is the grace from God Who is always in heaven that you need.
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
The grace of GOD is what helps us to live in obedience to his commands in a truly dark world.

[b]"For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.  It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,  while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,  who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. " - Titus 2:11-14

"But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, "God opposes the proud but favors the humble."- James 4:6

"Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus." - 2 Timothy 2:1

"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." - Hebrews 4:16
[/b]
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2011
nectar
See i find it hard to underStand your writings but sha sha sha, Jesus's death is the payment for our sins. It's a bit different from what we were talking about.
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Sweetnecta: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2011
@frosbel: you gave verses from the pens of others, but none from Jesus your lord and god.

aren't you ashamed that you are lying to yourself, even if you think that you are getting over me, regardless of my knowing its outright deceit from you?

if any verse were to be qualified, it has to be that of Jesus, if it coming from the Bibles. when you can't produce any that is clearly irrefutable and undeniably from the lips of Jesus, you have made up a lie with the other verses, unless you will say the writer of those verses was the another comforter because he 'heard' from God and simply 'repeated' to man? if this is not the case, you are not telling us any truth.

state your position.

@ image123; i am writing in the manner of truth, InchaAllah. it will be hard for a deceiver to understand it because the heart of deceiver is very hard.
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by mabell: 12:04am On Jun 27, 2011
@Poster, grace is God's ability and favor upon a man. Grace can be increased if you ask for it and grace can also leave a man.
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 27, 2011
@Sweetnecta
@frosbel: you gave verses from the pens of others, but none from Jesus your lord and god.

aren't you ashamed that you are lying to yourself, even if you think that you are getting over me, regardless of my knowing its outright deceit from you?

if any verse were to be qualified, it has to be that of Jesus, if it coming from the Bibles. when you can't produce any that is clearly irrefutable and undeniably from the lips of Jesus, you have made up a lie with the other verses, unless you will say the writer of those verses was the another comforter because he 'heard' from God and simply 'repeated' to man? if this is not the case, you are not telling us any truth.

state your position.

Sorry but I just quoted to you from the bible, the very HOLY GHOST INSPIRED words of what Grace is all about.

It is difficult to explain spiritual things to you, because you will not understand , since you do not have the Spirit of GOD in you. It's true, I am not trying to be mean, the fact is that the carnal man cannot comprehend spiritual things.

But let me ask you a question, DO YOU LIVE A LIFE that has a pattern to it of lust, slander, gossip, lying, murder, hate, bitterness, pride, greed , covetousness , anger, rage etc etc.

Well if you do and your Allah accepts you the way you are when you die , then he must have even lower standards of moral ethic than Satan. For Satan knows that no sinner will ever enter into God's holy presence without his sins cleansed and washed away by the blood.
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Obalende: 1:57am On Jun 27, 2011
many make the mistake that salvation occurs once and dat they get the unmerited favor of God but that is not true. The gospel is a gospel of the remnant; even ppl who have received grace will or can go to hell (cross reference Watchman Nee & numerous Bible quotations).
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Sweetnecta: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
@frosbel; « #7 on: Today at 12:06:54 AM »
[Quote]@Sweetnecta

state your position.

Sorry but I just quoted to you from the bible, the very HOLY GHOST INSPIRED words of what Grace is all about.

It is difficult to explain spiritual things to you, because you will not understand , since you do not have the Spirit of GOD in you. It's true, I am not trying to be mean, the fact is that the carnal man cannot comprehend spiritual things.

But let me ask you a question, DO YOU LIVE A LIFE that has a pattern to it of lust, slander, gossip, lying, murder, hate, bitterness, pride, greed , covetousness , anger, rage etc etc.

Well if you do and your Allah accepts you the way you are when you die , then he must have even lower standards of moral ethic than Satan. For Satan knows that no sinner will ever enter into God's holy presence without his sins cleansed and washed away by the blood.[/Quote]about all the bold; i am grateful to God Allah the Irresistible for allowing me to be of carnal mind while i am on earth. truly, He is Merciful upon me, not tagging me or my woman folks with sins of Adam and his wife Eve which we played no part in. He also gave me the road map whereby killing of animals is not necessary and definitely the killing of man which you relish in is forbidden. my tongue and my heart are the ingredients i need to continue in His Mercy, Grace, etc.

each christian claims non christians are carnal, but these same christians are the freakiest people on earth; all evil things established or experimented start and end on their doorstep as a religion. where is the spirituality when you need it? even they say Jesus spiritually begged and spiritually blamed God at the end. you people need to face the facts on ground. reality is not equal to fantasy, maaaaaan.

and are you saying in your UK stay, you have not indulged in any of the 'sins' listed? even from the etc, etc and even the pride that you are displaying by claiming i am a very basic person, while you are angelic man on earth? Alhamdulillah. Allah the Loving accepting me to His Mercy the way I am is the Ultimate "Grace".

I wonder when you mentioned satan [lanatUllah] that you didn't remember what he made biblical Jesus go through; the controlling him as in a test or torment in the wilderness, the temptations and taking over Peter in the company of Jesus to test Jesus even further? how is it that satan recognized the blood of Jesus if he didn't stop working up Jesus body and all into frenzies of blood and sweat?
Re: Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2011
Grace is Gods unmerited favour that reduces ones labour

(1) (Reply)

Ipad Thief Caught In Winners Chapel Ijebu-ode (pics) / A Muslim Is A Person Who... / There Was No Physical Temple, Jerusalem Itself Was/Is The House Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.