Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free (24850 Views)

ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS / IPPIS: ASUU Mobilises Members For Strike / Ekiti State University ASUU Begins Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by fernandoc(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2022
iramure:
Both ASUUand FG are mad, crazy, foolish and stupid. Infact e no go better for both of them together join. This nonsense they engage in year in year out stretched my normal 5 year course beyond expectations and I ended up missing NYSC.
Nigeria no be country I beg!.
Mad people holding Nigeria captive!
Professor everywhere, common toothpick they can't invent yet they claim they have universities wasting people's precious time, money and energy.
Awon were gbogbo.

You sound like a big f00l

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by tyup(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2022
Munzy14:
This people again...You can't study in Nigeria without meeting ASUU strike lipsrsealed

That of 2012 2020 was the mother of all strike grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by tyup(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2022
fernandoc:

is iramure lying??
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by iramure(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2022
fernandoc:

you must be one to recognise one. Welcome to our kingdom.! Forms are still available in case you have friends and family you want to expose this wonderful opportunity to. Once again welcome. Enjoy your membership and stay!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by iramure(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2022
tyup:

is iramure lying??
please ask him once again
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2022
Rickylambert:
You will be affected
How?
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Lastbornbuns: 11:49am On Feb 06, 2022
Munzy14:
This people again...You can't study in Nigeria without meeting ASUU strike lipsrsealed

That of 2012 was the mother of all strike grin

2020 was actually the longest. From mid March to 24th December 9months.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Lastbornbuns: 11:53am On Feb 06, 2022
Simpleshafee:
Strike is the only language the government understands.

Do they? ASUU strike is still about the same issues from 2009 undecided its time for ASUU to find another means. The students are tired. Since 2019 people have been in the same level
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by HELLASJ(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2022
Anyhow they like make em do, I go graduate this year by God's grace
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Hotspotbro(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin ASUU and strike again? Thank God am through with my school programme in UNIZIK and awaiting NYSC.
That's one good thing about private universities. They never strike and disrupt students' academic programme.
u get luck, 100lvl me has not yet finished with first semester Exam

1 Like

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Blackblessed500(m): 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
God pls let it not work let the needful be done to stop affecting we students
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Ibegtodiffer: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2022
okeyumez:
Useless ASUU
What makes them useless?

1. Is it because the have a static salary for about 16years and are requesting for a review?

2. Is it because they're insisting that FG doesn't increase student fees?

3. Or because they are asking for improved condition of learning by building classrooms, hostels, libraries, laboratories etc?

4. Or maybe because they're refusing a fraudulent payment platform used to pay other FG workers but not politicians, NNPC, CBN, FIRS etc

What is the useless request that makes them very useless?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by nathyx(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2022
Somewhere along the line this ASUU are becoming too concerned about their pockets rather than the Service they have to offer the Nation. angry Truth be told they know Baba has less than a year in office and therefore use the opportunity now to Milk him dry before another president comes on seat angry
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Maj196(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2022
In my 5 years in school I never experience any hiatus caused by strike.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Ibegtodiffer: 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Godismighty:
Must ASUU talk about strike every year. I dont really understand what d problem is. Maybe someone should enlighten me. This isn't healthy for our education.
ASUU goes on strike with series of basic demands..e.g
1. Review salary (unchanged 16yrs, FG agreed to review 13yrs ago. Unchanged till today)

2. Revitalization: Build classrooms, Laboratories, Libraries, Hostel Accommodation, Books, Journals etc
They end up giving each school maybe #30M after strike action and promise to make up later. They never do until another strike action is announced.
Note: Even the 30M released is not monitored. Strike action forced FG to recently constitute visitation panel (after 9yrs) to appropriately monitor the utilization of the money.

3. It took strike action to stampede plans to increase school in FG universities.

4. Universities are meant to be universal. Meaning Academics from other countries visit Nigerian universities.,versa. But the take home has stopped foreign academics from visiting. IPPIS has made it worse. That affects the ranking of our universities since it has become localized. That is why Nigerian academics do well at individual level, but it never reflects on the university's ranking.

5. You require a publication fee of $1000 - $5000 to publish in journals of repute, just to earn you promotion. Your salary is $300 a month. How do you cope. That salary has not changed for 13yrs. What should they do?

6. A payment platform, IPPIS, is good for everyone except Politicians, and top FG parastatals like CBN, NNPC etc

7. University Lecturers in Ghana are currently on strike. They are demanding for an entry level salary of $2000. A Nigerian Professor of 20years earns less than $1000. So they practically live on loans:
a. Pay Children's school fees by loans
b. Rent by loans
c. Buy cars by loans
b. Publish by loans
d. Get sick and requires loan for treatment

They retire looking pitiable. But hide their poverty in the regalia of "Professorship".

I guess their mumu don do.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Ibegtodiffer: 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2022
Godismighty:
Must ASUU talk about strike every year. I dont really understand what d problem is. Maybe someone should enlighten me. This isn't healthy for our education.

ASUU goes on strike with series of basic demands..e.g
1. Review of salary (unchanged for 16yrs, FG agreed to review 13yrs ago. Unchanged till today)

2. Revitalization: Build classrooms, Laboratories, Libraries, Hostel Accommodation, Books, Journals etc
They end up giving each school maybe #30M after strike action and promise to make up later. They never do until another strike action is announced. Then they release another peanut.
Note: Even the 30M released is not monitored. Strike action forced FG to recently constitute visitation panel (after 9yrs) to appropriately monitor the utilization of the money.

3. It took strike action to stampede plans to increase school fees in FG universities.

4. Universities are meant to be universal. Meaning Academics from other countries visit Nigerian universities.,versa. But the poor take home pay has stopped foreign academics from visiting. IPPIS has made it worse. That affects the ranking of our universities since it has become localized. That is why Nigerian academics do well at individual level, but it never reflects on the university's ranking.

5. You require a publication fee of $1000 - $5000 to publish in journals of repute, just to earn you promotion. Your salary is $300 a month. How do you cope. That salary has not changed for 13yrs. What should they do?

6. A payment platform, IPPIS, is good for everyone except Politicians, and top FG parastatals like CBN, NNPC etc

7. University Lecturers in Ghana are currently on strike. They are demanding for an entry level salary of $2000. A Nigerian Professor of 20years earns less than $1000. So they practically live on loans:
a. Pay Children's school fees by loans
b. Rent by loans
c. Buy cars by loans
b. Publish by loans
d. Get sick and requires loan for treatment

They retire looking pitiable. But hide their poverty in the regalia of "Professorship".

I guess their mumu don do.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hotspotbro:
u get luck, 100lvl me has not yet finished with first semester Exam
Lol! Don't worry. God will never let you be delayed further by ASUU.I pray this strike never materializes.God shall see you through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Munzy14(m): 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
bergs2:

You must be a zombie.
You forgot to mention 2019 that took a year.

And must you link this threat of strike to the past administration?
Zombie from your lineage abii grin grin

Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Munzy14(m): 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
Pymetrics:

I did. I didn't meet ASUU and asup strike. I studied in Polytechnic and University between 2010 and 2016
How come you skip ASUU strike in 2012?
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Pymetrics: 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
Munzy14:

How come you skip ASUU strike in 2012?
I was finishing Polytechnic then and Asup control Poly. Also I attended Unilorin who was not an ASUU member.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Help2020: 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
AntiBMC:
So every year, ASUU must go on strike. What is this agreement ASUU talks about every year, that the government can't seem to satisfy?

This Union and the govt are forgetting that students are the ones suffering the most from this constant striking. School wey others they go for 3-4 years for other countries, students in Nigeria will be spending 8years. Every sector in this country is in total collapse... it's evident that Nigeria has failed completely as a State; a referendum is the best solution right now.
Education is not a priority to Fg.. Don't blame ASUU,blame Fg.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by dfrost: 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
DuvanZappatta:
I was there! Even forgot my matric number before resumption talk less of the unending protest the students held that stalled academic activities. Unical shaa the federal republic of malabor. If you don't Gerrit forget abourit

So you be malabrite? wink
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Metatrondivine: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Murketeer:

How many months was that again?

I think � one calender year, grin
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Panda7(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2022
Aside the FG, Security, ASUU is the most influential body in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by NextBuhari: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
princewarri1985:
Them take strike take swear for ASUU? cant there be a permanent solution to their plight and greviances? That was how ASUU also kept me at home for 6 months too during my university days!
You can suggest an alternative to the strikes?
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Hiq0: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oh
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by uniquelyspecial(m): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
ASUU is now shouting about FGs unfairness. Noise makers here will not hear now. When they go on strike now, you guys will start telling us how insensitive and corrupt they are.

Speak to your govt now....
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by jimmynauty: 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
I no do masters here
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by CoxxyBrown(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
So sad that their demands are at the wrong time when the country head does not care about Education. Everything now is about 2023 election.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by showafrica(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
In this zoological part of the world called UAR... Nothing works here.
Re: ASUU Begins Preparation For Strike, Declares Monday Lecture-free by Tohsynetita1: 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

2020 was actually the longest. From mid March to 24th December 9months.
what of 1996 strike? a year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is JAMB Holding Onto 2019 Results For This Long? / NUHU BAMALLI POLYTECHNIC 2nd List Admission In Process / Katsina NCE Holder Celebrates His Graduation On Facebook (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.