Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Are All Interns Like This? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are All Interns Like This? (18137 Views)

Interns Needed - Are You Interested Or Know Anyone Who May Be Interested. / Interns Urgently Needed In A Lagos Software Development Firm / Programming (php/javascript) Interns Are Needed At A Fast Growing ICT Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
Good evening everyone.

So, I was searching for a place to apply for intern using LinkedIn.

I just received a notification from LinkedIn hours ago and I decided to check it out.

The requirements looks more like they were looking for a full stack developer and not just an intern?

Are all companies looking for interns like this?

@tensazangetsu20 @likeAking

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Naijatask:
Good evening everyone.

So, I was searching for a place to apply for intern using LinkedIn.

I just received a notification from LinkedIn hours ago and I decided to check it out.

The requirements looks more like they were looking for a full stack developer and not just an intern?

Are all companies looking for interns like this?

@tensazangetsu20 @likeAking

Just apply. Mostly HR copying and pasting job functions from other jobs.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by TheTraveler: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
If you tick at least 50% requirements of the job, you can shoot your shot.

Good luck.

32 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by qtguru(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
Most times, they take you as long as you are interested in learning those languages and have some decent skill

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by qtguru(m): 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
Ha wait Nigerian Company, pls find another, I thought it was remote.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by emmyN(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2022
qtguru:
Ha wait Nigerian Company, pls find another, I thought it was remote.

Lol, why? Are they no good for interns?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by qtguru(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
emmyN:

Lol, why? Are they no good for interns?

The workload is brutal, compared to remote. then again na Interswitch i work, it was brutal, almost no time to rest like that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by emmyN(m): 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
qtguru:

The workload is brutal, compared to remote. then again na Interswitch i work, it was brutal, almost no time to rest like that

Lol, interesting. Thanks for the pointer. I'm gathering knowledge. When I'm ready I will know where to look.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
qtguru:
Most times, they take you as long as you are interested in learning those languages and have some decent skill

Thank you. I was kind of afraid seeing all the listed requirements

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Just apply. Mostly HR copying and pasting job functions from other jobs.

Glad to know cheesy. I was starting to get worried.

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
TheTraveler:
If you tick at least 50% requirements of the job, you can shoot your shot.

Good luck.

Thank you
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
qtguru:

But I thought there's a huge team in established companies like interswitch smiley.

What went wrong?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by qtguru(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
Naijatask:

But I thought there's a huge team in established companies like interswitch smiley.

What went wrong?
There are, but that comes when Interswitch has alot of Projects, and not small Projects, so you can have a dev having multiple big projects, from coding to deployment, but it exposed us to alot, but the workload was sheer massive.

6 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
qtguru:

There are, but that comes when Interswitch has alot of Projects, and not small Projects, so you can have a dev having multiple big projects, from coding to deployment, but it exposed us to alot, but the workload was sheer massive.

Thank you. I've always thought devs get it easy at big companies.

Guess I was way wrong shocked

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by qtguru(m): 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
Naijatask:

Thank you. I've always thought devs get it easy at big companies.

Guess I was way wrong shocked

Mostly Outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
OP run away. I just looked through and its an unpaid internship. Dont settle for less o

15 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Avast(m): 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
OP run away. I just looked through and its an unpaid internship. Dont settle for less o
lol, when I read 9am to 5pm and unpaid, I was like which kind wickedness is this.

13 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Naijatask: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Thank you
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by emmyN(m): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol, I wonder what must have been going through the mind of the recruiter. Imagine listing those many skill sets with no pay.

4 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by swagenity(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Where and how would one find paid remote or even on site internship sir??
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by airsaylongcome: 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I was shocked when you said he should take it initially. That job is slave trade

8 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I was shocked when you said he should take it initially. That job is slave trade

I didn't even see it. Like I can never ever work for free ever. I rather die of hunger. When leetcode never finish. When personal projects I can profit from never finish. When programming languages, frameworks and tools never finish. I go work for free. If it ever comes to that I rather die.

6 Likes

Re: Are All Interns Like This? by sekzy99(m): 3:28am On Feb 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I didn't even see it. Like I can never ever work for free ever. I rather die of hunger. When leetcode never finish. When personal projects I can profit from never finish. When programming languages, frameworks and tools never finish. I go work for free. If it ever comes to that I rather die.

Hi.

Do you know where one can apply for an internship in Lagos?
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by bigdammyj: 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Reading...
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by dewitt(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
This is serious
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Starseed(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Wait, one person go fit do all those things? For how much?.

Na only Jesus Christ fit do all of these qualities. Dia fada there
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by Ohibenemma(m): 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
The word that stood out there was "unpaid", and for a year?!
Re: Are All Interns Like This? by socialmediaman: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
This looks like a lot, it’s not for complete novices, it’s for those who have learnt the theories with some little experience but not qualified to be trusted with a company’s IT systems. Your application and cover letter should clearly state your strengths and highlight your academic achievements if you don’t have much experience

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Convert Numbers To Words In Excel / I Need Info On Niit / Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.