Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR (13422 Views)

Reverend Yinka Yusuf: How Peter Obi Bruised My Ego & I Felt Embarrassed / Senate Mandates All MDAs to Remit 100% of IGR to Consolidated Revenue Fund / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by NGpatriot: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2022
ayzTIGER:
Nigeria don't even deserve Peter Obi. Peter Obi himself is not even desperate for presidency, he has made his mark for his people and now minding his business which is what matters

By giving them nothing but lies, nothing and incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Newton85: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2022
twinke209:
we all know that his more than the age his quoting to be
Okay, how old is he?
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by OmoEpe(m): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Munzy14:
Only an insane Nigerian will bodly go to the poll to vote any thing APC lipsrsealed

These fools have started their 30k job after whatsaap meeting...

In 2014 before Jonathan left, a crate of egg sold for 750..Today it is 2200-2400.

The cheapest protein in the world is no longer affordable to some families in Nigeria because the fools that that gathered here for useless propaganda and deception in 2015 have started again..

People be wise..

I guess you pay same house rent now as then and your salary now and then is the same, hence you want poultry farmers to retain same price.
Well a lot can't be expected from you,a sewing materials apprentice in Arira Market

2 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by waze63(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:
Whilst this was going on, SARS too were dealing with people. When one of his stans put him on the spot over Akwuzu, he turned to Ogogo.

He will go on ARISE and say it's because Nigeria is not providing jobs, that's why crime rate is on the rise. Agreed but which ones did he provide as governor or how did his state become a kidnapper's haven? Evans was operating there before he migrated to Lagos. Someone that did not think pensions was important till an elderly woman seized his bible. He has shamelessly told this story repeatedly because he knows Nigeria place a premium on entertainment, humility & religiosity. "Aw, he still goes to Mass", "No bodyguard?" "hehehe" mschew

Who ever that brought this thing here on nairaland is maddd
This same person was shamelessly trashed on Twitter for trying to undermine Peter Obi and he/she couldn't even defend himself/herself on the disjointed malicious and concorted evidence.
Knowing fully well how biased nairaland is on issues like this.. They now brought it here.
I dey laff u shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by globemoney: 9:55am On Feb 07, 2022
waze63:

[s]Who ever that brought this thing here on nairaland is maddd
This same person was shamelessly trashed on Twitter for trying to undermine Peter Obi and he/she couldn't even defend himself/herself on the disjointed malicious and concorted evidence.
Knowing fully well how biased nairaland is on issues like this.. They now brought it here.
I dey laff u shaa[/s]
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by anonimi: 10:01am On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:
Nonsense, you see the official record from the same Anambra state government itself, you are here saying anybody in Anambra nonsense.

Obi Pandora is all hype, he could barely increase Anambra small revenue by 100% in 8 years.

Tinubu on the other hand gave over 600% increase in IGR in comparison and a very robust budget.

So what did ThiefNuibu do with the 600% increase of IGR apart from stealing it?
Did he increase the number of government workers by 600%? What of children in government schools and water in every building? Increased by 600%?

What is the joke about please
I thought that Lagosians are smart but now I know differently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Mopolchi: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2022
This is an eye opener for me; I thought he performed well but it does not appear so.

4 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by BluntCrazeMan: 10:38am On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:
Ngige was sworn in May 29, 2003. That year the State generated N800m in revenue. 2004, the revenue quadrupled to N3.6bn, 2005, the previous year's revenue doubled to N7.4bn.

[img]https:///65535/51866101798_6afdc51878_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866675575_0f6e47b016_b_d.jpg[/img]

March 2006, he got booted out of office for operating with a stolen mandate and Peter Obi was sworn in same 2006, revenue dips by over 40% to N4bn, the attached pictures show the trajectory of the igr under Peter Obi. He left office in March 2014 leaving the IGR at N8bn (2013). 2014, IGR jumped to N10bn. The numbers for 2021are not yet out but 2020 puts the State's IGR at N28bn.

I think there is so much to unpack here. In ~3yrs, Ngige was able x9 the State's IGR, Obiano was able to do x3.5 while Peter Obi could barely move the needle. It took Peter Obi 8 YEARS to surpass what he met on ground and the difference was just a billion.

Is this the person you people are saying will perform wonders?

[img]https:///65535/51866101788_f6e5362a08_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866675530_3ba0ac466d_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866342329_4ac79466f4_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866675520_c3ab1583e8_b_d.jpg[/img]

I need to paint a picture of Ngige's three years so we understand. Ngige got sworn in May, by June, he had fallen out with his godfathers for reneging on their agreement. July, he was abducted and forced to resign. He managed to scale through that hurdle and was back in office. The ffg year, there was some court judgement that sacked him from office. The Police withdrew his security on the advice of the AGF. For 8 months, a governor was being guarded by vigilantes and private security.

Same 2004, in November, hoodlums allegedly financed by the Uba brothers (Ngige's erstwhile godfathers) took over Anambra for three days, they burnt down govt buildings, the govt's radio stations, I think govt house was also torched, Ngige's office and I think his deputy's. This is the environment Ngige operated and was able to x9 the State's revenue. Peter didn't also have it easy, he got impeached same year he was sworn in but he was there for 8 YEARS. Got the keys to two major commercial centres (Nnewi & Onitsha) and this is his result.
You're actually talking about Chris Ngige here? or Peter Obi.?
Which one of them exactly.?
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by BJanta: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2022
headSmasher:
Stop wasting your time, if it is not Tinubu, no one will view your thread, the grace Tinubu carries is beyond the comprehension of Igbo Catholics
I

I doff my cap,you got right.

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by PHIPEX(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2022
Propaganda and half truth. This is a governor that was busy with legal battles all through his tenure

Did you mention he was impeached and the impact it had on his policies. Yet he remained the best.

Are you aware Andy Uba became a governor in Anambra within this same period?

It is an economic strategy to keep taxes low and have investors come into your state as an alternative to high taxes which of course comes with wastages as we have seen across Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by anonimi: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2022
PHIPEX:
Propaganda and half truth. This is a governor that was busy with legal battles all through his tenure

Did you mention he was impeached and the impact it had on his policies. Yet he remained the best.

It is an economic strategy to keep taxes low and have investors come into your state as an alternative to high taxes which of course comes with wastages as we have seen across Nigeria.

You are too much for this information and enlightenment for the ThiefNuibu APC zonebeees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by dragunov: 11:59am On Feb 07, 2022
seunmsg:
Peter Obi Pandora was very useless as governor. He couldn’t even conduct local government election for 8 years. The only achievement his supporters keep talking about is that he did not borrow money.

Kadoso leave this guy alone. Na Wetin? How much dem pay you for this hatchet jobs you do on SM? Everyday, Obi Pandora, Kolanut Pandemic. Kilode! He snatched your wife? Shey na ur devotion to Tinubu reach dis? A ti e gbo ti Fayose egbon e ti ko toju e nigbati o wa ni ipo gomina Ekiti. Ewo tun ni Peter Obi lojojumo? That one too na your relative?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by davidque: 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Wow! people will go to any lent to malign your image. Imagine all these hogwash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Mftivi: 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lol illiterates! IGR by taxing the governed to oblivion is an indicator of good economics ? Lmao!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by trutharena: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Esseite:

I think this explains it..

This dosent explain Jack. Peter Obi just write this as his handover note and it’s not an official document nor from Obiano.

I asked you to provide government record like I did on this thread and let a letter from the same liar Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by tamdun: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:
Ngige was sworn in May 29, 2003. That year the State generated N800m in revenue. 2004, the revenue quadrupled to N3.6bn, 2005, the previous year's revenue doubled to N7.4bn.

[img]https:///65535/51866101798_6afdc51878_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866675575_0f6e47b016_b_d.jpg[/img]

March 2006, he got booted out of office for operating with a stolen mandate and Peter Obi was sworn in same 2006, revenue dips by over 40% to N4bn, the attached pictures show the trajectory of the igr under Peter Obi. He left office in March 2014 leaving the IGR at N8bn (2013). 2014, IGR jumped to N10bn. The numbers for 2021are not yet out but 2020 puts the State's IGR at N28bn.

I think there is so much to unpack here. In ~3yrs, Ngige was able x9 the State's IGR, Obiano was able to do x3.5 while Peter Obi could barely move the needle. It took Peter Obi 8 YEARS to surpass what he met on ground and the difference was just a billion.

Is this the person you people are saying will perform wonders?

[img]https:///65535/51866101788_f6e5362a08_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866675530_3ba0ac466d_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866342329_4ac79466f4_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866675520_c3ab1583e8_b_d.jpg[/img]

I need to paint a picture of Ngige's three years so we understand. Ngige got sworn in May, by June, he had fallen out with his godfathers for reneging on their agreement. July, he was abducted and forced to resign. He managed to scale through that hurdle and was back in office. The ffg year, there was some court judgement that sacked him from office. The Police withdrew his security on the advice of the AGF. For 8 months, a governor was being guarded by vigilantes and private security.

Same 2004, in November, hoodlums allegedly financed by the Uba brothers (Ngige's erstwhile godfathers) took over Anambra for three days, they burnt down govt buildings, the govt's radio stations, I think govt house was also torched, Ngige's office and I think his deputy's. This is the environment Ngige operated and was able to x9 the State's revenue. Peter didn't also have it easy, he got impeached same year he was sworn in but he was there for 8 YEARS. Got the keys to two major commercial centres (Nnewi & Onitsha) and this is his result.
Oh boy, Peter na scam

5 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by seguno2: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mftivi:
Lol illiterates! IGR by taxing the governed to oblivion is an indicator of good economics ? Lmao!

The results of poor education or what
How do people feel proud about political office holders raising IGR from them without commensurate free education, healthcare facilities, water, roads, government workers etc?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by trutharena: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Newton85:
The Net Balance from the Handover Report shows 86 billion naira, even more than the 75 billion naira you said Obi left. Why the discrepancy?

That is just a report by Obi when he handed over. Any governor can write false claim in a handover report and many governors does that.

It’s just like me writing a letter that I left this and that with no official record from the accountant general office and the new governor (Obiano) even denied he left such amount as he claimed.

Most governors do that on their handover note. They lie about state or event and because they usually install their successors, they don’t always get countered.

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Newton85: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:

That is just a report by Obi when he handed over. Any governor can write false claim in a handover report and many governors does that.

It’s just like me writing a letter that I left this and that with no official record from the accountant general office and the new governor (Obiano) even denied he left such amount as he claimed.

Most governors do that on their handover note. They lie about state or event and because they usually install their successors, they don’t always get countered.
Of course I know. That's why I'm asking him why the discrepancy between the 75 billion he claimed Obi left and the 86 billion in Obi's handover report. Why two different figures?

2 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by trutharena: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
PHIPEX:

Quack economist. Keeping tax low and having investors in your state will naturally increase state revenue because no matter how small the taxes are, as long as investors keep trooping in, the little tax they pay will be reflected in increased revenue.

Abi you no think am through?

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Bounceboune7: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
nzeobi:

Massob has told you that pO did not kill their members but it's never enough for you.
who.killed those floating on water
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by nzeobi(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bounceboune7:
who.killed those floating on water

Tell us and provide evidence not beer parlour gossips oh
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Munzy14(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

I guess you pay same house rent now as then and your salary now and then is the same, hence you want poultry farmers to retain same price.
Well a lot can't be expected from you,a sewing materials apprentice in Arira Market
Fools will always make excuse for monumental failures as long as the are promised with the next meal.. lipsrsealed

The sewing material apprentice in a market is way better than an online urchin who spends time defending and projecting stupidity for 1000naira per day stipend... grin

The fools we share the internet space with.. lipsrsealed
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by antontech(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Esseite:

His handover note stated it, alongside Anambra state being the least indebted state as at then.. if he didnt cancel debts, how did the state achieve zero debt with the records you have shown up there?

On the toll, people stay in Anambra state and have said there is no tolled road there before and now.

leave stupid people posting rubbish just to tarnish the best candidate Nigeria hv now, if una like vote in Tinubu, na all of us go continue the suffer.
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by PHIPEX(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:

Quack economist. Keeping tax low and having investors in your state will naturally increase state revenue because no matter how small the taxes are, as long as investors keep trooping in, the little tax they pay will be reflected in increased revenue.

Abi you no think am through?
There is a reason companies are given tax holiday including Dangote who built Oshodi Apapa Express way in exchange for Tax. For this, his tax might be low, income to govt might also be low but infrastructure has been built and the citizens benefit directly. By building the infrastructure, the GDP will grow, It's not always about the money but the benefit to the citizens and that is where Obi did better than his mates. Now show me how much the GDP of the state grew within this period?

So tell me who is a quack again?
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by trutharena: 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
PHIPEX:
There is a reason companies are given tax holiday including Dangote who built Oshodi Apapa Express way in exchange for Tax. For this his tax might be low but built infrastructure has been built and the citizens benefit directly. It's not always about the money but the benefit to the citizens and that is where Obi did better than his mates.

So tell me who is a quack again?

Again all those infrastructures will be part of government asset and it is still going to be charged as proceed from taxes. Which Inturn will be calculated as part of revenue. This is economics 101.

Can you point me to one mega infrastructural project Peter Obi built in Anambra? We know Obiano built the Airport for example, what is Peter obi highest project?

He also invested over 4bn of state money in Oriental Petroleum refinery in 2007 which they promised will be available in 2008/2009, that refinery did not start working till Obi left government. That’s another scam? Google it yourself.

That man is a scam. Which economist in his right senses even leave money in the state account instead of invest in infrastructure project?

He lacks foresight. His successor can embezzle all the money but no one can embezzle solid infrastructure projects. Can you see he is a quack economist now?

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Bounceboune7: 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
nzeobi:

Tell us and provide evidence not beer parlour gossips oh
i guess d picture is d beer parlour gossip abi?

We are waiting for u

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by PHIPEX(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
trutharena:

Again all those infrastructures will be part of government asset and it is still going to be charged as proceed from taxes. Which Inturn will be calculated as part of revenue. This is economics 101.

Can you point me to one mega infrastructural project Peter Obi built in Anambra? We know Obiano built the Airport for example, what is Peter obi highest project?

He also invested over 4bn of state money in Oriental Petroleum refinery in 2007 which they promised will be available in 2008/2009, that refinery did not start working till Obi left government. That’s another scam? Google it yourself.

That man is a scam. Which economist in his right senses even leave money in the state account instead of invest in infrastructure project?

He lacks foresight. His successor can embezzle all the money but no one can embezzle solid infrastructure projects. Can you see he is a quack economist now?
At least you have agreed that we should be talking about GDP growth which measures overall impact in the state economy and not just a micro Tax income. Not all assets generate income in the short to medium term, it takes foresight for a government to engage in such and allow their predecessors take the glory when the income start coming.

Growth and good governance is not measured by mega projects, that's the whack mindset that make states governors embark on a white elephant project. Obi did fantastically well in building all basic infrastructural need of Anambra. Anambra had the best road network both in rural and urban settlements under him across the country and his impact was felt across all sectors. Under him Anambra moved from 30 ranking in education to 1st till date across the country both in WAEC, NECO and JAMB, which other Governors has ever achieved that etc? Checkout his record in Health and every other sector.
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by trutharena: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
PHIPEX:
At least you have agreed that we should be talking about GDP growth which measures overall impact in the state economy and not just a micro Tax income. Not all assets generate income in the short to medium term, it takes foresight for a government to engage in such and allow their predecessors take the glory when the income start coming.

Growth and good governance is not measured by mega projects, that's the whack mindset that make states governors embark on a white elephant project. Obi did fantastically well in building all basic infrastructural need of Anambra. Anambra had the best road network both in rural and urban settlements under him across the country and his impact was felt across all sectors. Under him Anambra moved from 30 ranking in education to 1st till date across the country both in WAEC, NECO and JAMB, which other Governors has ever achieved that etc? Checkout his record in Health and every other sector.

For the first bolded, what is your source to that? If you can’t give an independent source besides Obi Pandora claim then sorry is your case.

Anambra is not number 1 in WAEC/NECO/JAMB, stop capping bro. Where is the source to say Anambra was 30th before and rose to 1st suddenly in Obi tenure?

Which health record? Can you name them with sources? Don’t think you’re discussing with a novice here. Show receipts.

At least we know of Mimiko mother and child hospitals and the impacts as confirmed why WHO. What are the health records of Peter Obi and what sources can we use to verify it?

Don’t just make rubbish claim here because this is not IPOb bureau of statistics.

2 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by DrChukki: 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Who paid this anịmal to post this shịt on NL...?

It even made front page...? So NL is now a partisan forum?
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by CoolAmbience(m): 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
ArewaNorth:
We are all aware of how hard they're trying to sell useless, over hyped candidate with no any good office record to present.
Obi isn't good enough to be a Governor talk less of being VP material undecided

You can say that again.

Where is that person arguing baselessly with me recently sef....

Obi was my governor. He was a mistake.

He knows nothing about governance.

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by nzeobi(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bounceboune7:
i guess d picture is d beer parlour gossip abi?

We are waiting for u

Find something to do with your time and don't wait for me oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onoh Picks Enugu Governorship Form, Pledges Loyalty To Ugwuanyi / Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” / FG To Increase Power Generation To 20,000 MW – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.