Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR (13439 Views)

Reverend Yinka Yusuf: How Peter Obi Bruised My Ego & I Felt Embarrassed / Senate Mandates All MDAs to Remit 100% of IGR to Consolidated Revenue Fund / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by aribisala0(m): 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Obichina
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Mftivi: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
seguno2:

The results of poor education or what
How do people feel proud about political office holders raising IGR from them without commensurate free education, healthcare facilities, water, roads, government workers etc?
the worst thing to befall us in this country is the large ignorant populace. If I were to be near power the first thing I will do is to go on a nation wide free enlightenment program with the aim of teaching every citizen basics of economics, governance and a special training to help them build capacity for tactical thinking. Without achieving the above all we have is just an army of zombies!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by OmoEpe(m): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Munzy14:

Fools will always make excuse for monumental failures as long as the are promised with the next meal.. lipsrsealed

The sewing material apprentice in a market is way better than an online urchin who spends time defending and projecting stupidity for 1000naira per day stipend... grin

The fools we share the internet space with.. lipsrsealed

That's you and your supreme leader Cownu

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by isaiahusman: 1:04am On Feb 08, 2022
Esseite:
Did anyone take note of the constant increase in capital receipt (loans and debts)

If for anything, I think Obi exposed corruption and the lack of need to borrow.

He utilized resources which didnt require over taxation (IGR increase), while improving indices and stats in all aspects alongside leaving 75bn in state coffers.

In essence one could say, Nigeria need not borrow or overdrive for tax if resources are well managed.

Well said bro.

IGR increase is not an achievement. I keep telling APC supporters. Any tom dick and harry can increase tax rate. True leadership is optimal utilisation of limited state resources. We voted bubu in 2015 to curb waste in governance not to come and increase tax burdens of nigerias. It is a good thing when government reduce tax. More money in the hands of citizens to spend abd boost GDP. So for me reduction in IGR is a plus for Obi. Dear APC supporters. If all tinubu can offer is to come and increase our tax burden, then he has nothing to offer. Nigerians suffering already. Thankyou

And we haven't forgotten 20.10.20

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by sheffyUTD(m): 1:58am On Feb 08, 2022
@trutharena are you '@alhajabalance' on twitter? Or just another plagiarist?

Cc: Seun
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by Munzy14(m): 5:33am On Feb 08, 2022
OmoEpe:

That's you and your supreme leader Cownu
He is better than you and other urchins controlled by una daddy Mc oluomo at oshodi bus stop doing twale when una grandpatron drug addict passes with his bullion van of lagos Destiny grin
Re: How Peter Obi Performed As Governor In Terms Of IGR by dannysaxnail: 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
trutharena:
Looking at the numbers again, Peter Obi met a State totally dependent on FAAC, the ration of FAAC to IGR is about 83:17 and left it in that same state. They could barely pay salaries alone from the State's revenue. This is the person that wants to transform Nigeria.

[img]https:///65535/51866025551_308023642a_b_d.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///65535/51866101713_815008ca8b_b_d.jpg[/img]

"Peter Obi is a businessman so he is going to create a business-friendly environment". Let's verify.

In 2008, the first Ease of doing business report was piloted in Nigeria with 10 states. Anambra tied with Kano at No. 8. That means 8 out of 10. Two years later, in 2010, another ranking was done, this time capturing all the States, Anambra came 35. Under a trader, Anambra was the 35th hardest place to do business in Nigeria.

[img]https:///65535/51866101703_4af2e4b01e_b_d.jpg[/img]

Wow

I'm yet to go through the figures thoroughly and also verify the authenticity of these documents as well as the sincerity of the conclusions.

However, social proof is the ultimate in my opinion.

An economy that is good on paper even when the citizens cannot feel it is useless.

The people in that state almost all testify of an economic relief during Obi's government, that is to say that they had a better life under his leadership.

Moreso, a dip in IGR does not necessarily define the economic performance of a state.

It might as well mean that the government focused more on creating a favorable business environment than snatching money from struggling businesses through mindless taxation like Tinubu did.

So this is not really a strong argument against Mr. Obi's performance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPP Or APC: Kwankwaso Visits Shekarau / Anambra Arrests 250 ‘Illegal Revenue Collectors’ / Idris Wada Absent At Yahaya Bello's Inauguration Ceremony

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.