Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland (3358 Views)

65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / #30 Common Slangs Used In UI Community # / Common Slangs Used In Nigeria.....you Can Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by TheScientist: 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Many of the "new commers" like me do not understand some of the slangs used on nairaland. I literally struggled for days before i understood the meaning of some of the slangs. Up till this moment, i'm still struggling to understand the meaning of "OP" most nairalanders use to refer to a thread starter. Some of the slangs i proudly decoded by myself are;
1. FTC = First to Comment
2. BMC = Buhari Media Crew
3. Afonja = People from the west
4. Lalasticlala = Snake
5. MANNAGRILL = Strong supporter of President Buhari.

Please, can someone tell me the meaning of "OP"? And, what slang did you figure out all by yourself since you joined nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Vulcanheph(m): 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
OP means Original poster.

It's a term used to describe the creator of the thread

14 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Halimaatz(f): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Pls who knows the meaning of "moniker"?

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Kriss216: 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
Halimaatz:
Pls who knows the meaning of "moniker"?
Your moniker is Halimaatz.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Kriss216: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
Nairaland slangs;

Vagina beings = Nairaland girls

God's people = Nairaland guys

10 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Amotolongbo(f): 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kriss216:
Nairaland slangs;

Penisylvanian- Nairaland boys.

50 million youths - BAT (Bola Ahmed Tinubu) advocates

Cassava Eaters- BAT advocates

7 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by TheScientist: 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kriss216:
Nairaland slangs;

They will soon come for you. Keep looking for trouble. My hand no dey o.

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by cherishmichael: 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
undecided undecided
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by adeoyekay(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
TheScientist:
Many of the "new commers" like me do not understand some of the slangs used on nairaland. I literally struggled for days before i understood the meaning of some of the slangs. Up till this moment, i'm still struggling to understand the meaning of "OP" most nairalanders use to refer to a thread starter. Some of the slangs i proudly decoded by myself are;
4. Lalasticlala = Snake

Please, can someone tell me the meaning of "OP"? And, what slang did you figure out all by yourself since you joined nairaland
lalasticlala is not a snake but human being who help moving post to front page. Have read about him

8 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by vastolord4(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
Iyebe = abnormal posts...

No offence intended.

15 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
TheScientist:
4. Lalasticlala = Snake

OP= Original Poster. MNNAGRILL= Bokoharam/Bandits

14 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by shilenji(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
Party- group sex

Kayamata- strong vagina jazz

Promise land- frontpage/fp

4 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2022
Nairaland get many slangs. some of them are even censored
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by helinues: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
grin
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by johnfaleks(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Na Lala I like pass the owner of Naira Land sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by TheWolfen(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
Lol grin

Most slangs originated from Politic section ( one of the most toxic and ruthless section on this forum)
No mod can manage the crazy people active on that section.

Then Football section and Phone section should should be below politic section respectively with many crazy slangs and curse words

Few manageable/demeaning/commonly use ones from Romance section like Simp, vagina people, penis people, Nigerian girls/boys

*Miscellaneous
These set of crazy people brought in slangs that eventually got popular on Nairaland. Y'all knew them already no need to mention names

Damn nigga
Holy gram
*add yours

5 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by ABCthings: 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
Gbamsolutely...

Nigerian girls are... All of them

Zone Bs

Flat-heads

Mudslime people.

Brown roof republic

Religion of P....

Cone heads..

I think vagina people started last year

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by techWriter3: 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
Your name is Halimaatz.
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by mytime24(f): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hahaha I don laugh tire,

#op say lala na snake cheesy wink

5 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Olumighty123(m): 11:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
SIMPle man- A Simp grin

6 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Truvelisback(m): 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
Abeg, no commess ooo.
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
Olumighty123:
SIMPle man- A Simp grin
Sucker Idolising Mediocre P*ssy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Daum: 12:15am On Feb 07, 2022
NCAN

Name Checkers Association of Nigeria

Skull Miners...... People from the west

Developers/ Baby Factory....... People from the east
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 07, 2022
adeoyekay:
lalasticlala is not a snake but human being who help moving post to front page. Have read about him
grin grin grin ; Dey haff turn Lalasticlala to snake in d monkey shadow..lmao

3 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol... Interesting thread
Re: Meaning Of Some Of The Slangs Used On Nairaland by LandMann: 2:32am On Feb 07, 2022
Head slammers... = Derogatory word for muslims, especially boko haram and northern agenda supporters

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide After Getting Dumped By Girlfriend (Photos) / Unity Boys College, Nguru Yobe State: Flag Off Ceremony- / Benefits Of Studying In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.