Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,127 members, 7,807,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament (18291 Views)

Sadio Mane Named African Footballer Of The Year / Issa Kabore Named AFCON Best Young Player / Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Chrislova(m): 4:40am On Feb 07, 2022
chris259:
come wetin dey worry u??
de guy de jon
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Chrislova(m): 4:42am On Feb 07, 2022
congrat man, u try abeg
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by iTearHerToto: 5:05am On Feb 07, 2022
saasala:
Not deserved. He was not spectacular in this tournament. Abubakar deserves this award.

Well....Awards favour the winners more
Messi won best player in 2014 WC and wasn't a winner
Abubakar was robbed but let's there's nothing new angry
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by bonnyhope: 5:33am On Feb 07, 2022
SageTravels:
Big-name effect grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He Did well

Which one is big name effect?
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Ayoola171(m): 5:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Sadio Mane" “I left without telling anyone, apart from my best friend. I walked for a long time to meet up with a friend who loaned me some money so that I could take the bus to Dakar. I was welcomed by a family who I did not know. I immediately took part in training sessions at recognised teams.

There were 200 or 300 youngsters who were waiting in line for their chance, it started badly for me because when I presented myself, I was laughed at. I did not look like a footballer. I was wearing pants that looked nothing like football shorts. And my football boots were completely shredded on the sides and had been repaired by me with the wire the best I could.

Those who oversaw the trials would look at me with a bizzare facial expression: ‘You really want to become a footballer?’ I understood them but I did not have a choice. As I was not that bad, they took me. That was the beginning of my adventure. and Now iam Champions of Africa ”

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by adecz: 6:22am On Feb 07, 2022
The same guy that almost cost
Senegal the championship. ❌

Missing chance after chance in the
final match & missing a penalty.❌

If no be respect coach get for am,
he should have been substituted in
the second ½ ❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

✨✨ Congrats to them ✨✨✨

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by lexy2014: 6:50am On Feb 07, 2022
Emecson:
Wetin him do

Very good question
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by ButterBurger: 6:56am On Feb 07, 2022
Emecson:
Wetin him do
him score hatrick with goal kicks.
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by excel101(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2022
chris259:
Come if u non dey watch ball non they comment on any thread wey concern football abeg... Person wey score 4goals and 2 assists, created a lot of goal scoring chances through out the tournament, was even better than Salah in the tournament performance wise and u come here dey talk wetin him do.
Mr football watcher Mane scored 3goals and not 4 as reported by you. So na ball you dey watch so. I beg close your soured mouth.
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Athemisia: 7:21am On Feb 07, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Big Ojoro. Just because he’s a big name player and his team won the cup does not mean he’s the competitions MVP.

Vincent Aboubakar of Cameroon clearly deserves it based on individual performance in this tournament alone.
What did his team achieve with his individual performance?
Individual performance indeed!!
Best player of the tournament can only be given to player whose team reaches the final.
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Ray07(m): 7:22am On Feb 07, 2022
Lamasta:

How bro? Not by goals alone o
make una buy that Ekambi guy. His very good. wink

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by IamGreen1(f): 7:27am On Feb 07, 2022
thinkmoney:

The best goalkeeper must be that egypt guy. The guy na wizard.

Are you minding them, Mendy that only played two games in the tournament was the one given the award. Nonsense decision.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by APOSTLE1457: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2022
well deserved #mane
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Unbreakable007: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2022
Mvp based on what?

Useless African tournament.
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by errigdee: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2022
you even deserve more oloun!!!
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Lamasta(m): 8:00am On Feb 07, 2022
Ray07:
make una buy that Ekambi guy. His very good. wink
E no go fit our team moreover Pep will not look at his direction as in don buy Alvarez way be the dept way City dey lack for a while......
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Ray07(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2022
Lamasta:

E no go fit our team moreover Pep will not look at his direction as in don't buy Alvarez way be the dept way City dey lack for a while......
true sha . . .
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Athemisia:

What did his team achieve with his individual performance?
Individual performance indeed!!
Best player of the tournament can only be given to player whose team reaches the final.

What are you talking about? Cameroon finished 3rd and played as many matches as Senegal. Aboubakar was instrumental to more Cameroon wins than Mane was Senegal wins. As a matter of fact, Senegal would have still won this cup without Mane as far as I’m concerned.

Golden ball is given to the best player in the competition overall not just from the teams in the final. Of course it is expected that if you are such a good player, your team should get to an advanced stage of the competition so it’s not unrealistic to say the best player from either of the semi-final teams should win it.

2 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by mbos: 11:45am On Feb 07, 2022
DavSagacity:

He did what your beloved super Eagles could not do....Scored 3 goals and made 2 assists. And was key to the teams success and Winning the TROPHY

It takes courage to come back and play the last Penalty kick after loosing a penalty in regular time.
BUT LOST A CRITICAL PENALTY....MINUS 1
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by chris259(m): 11:51am On Feb 07, 2022
excel101:
Mr football watcher Mane scored 3goals and not 4 as reported by you. So na ball you dey watch so. I beg close your soured mouth.
abeg carry ur frustration go one side joor
Re: Sadio Mane Named AFCON 2021 Player Of The Tournament by tunize(m): 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Senegal winning the trophy gave him an edge could have been Aboubakar

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! / Fifteen Players Resign From Spanish Women’s Football Team In Bid To Oust Coach / Antoine Griezmann: Messi, Ronaldo And Modric Should Not Win 2018 Ballon D'or

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.