Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) (35388 Views)

A Customer Blocked Me After Making An Order / Bolt Blocked A Driver Account For Attempted Murder With Farts During Trip(image) / What Do I Do When My Ebay Account Is Blocked After Placing An Order? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Victoronah1: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

I am 55% certain she had not gone to the park yet as at when I told her something came up. We talked on video till after 3pm and as at then she was at the market.
She told me it's when she closes for the day that she would go to the park. If she had intentions of going to the park at that moment, she would have just told me while we were on video call that she would be on her way to the park any moment now.

According to her, she spent over 2 hours in traffic but the time between when we talked on video and the time I told her I was no longer interested was just over 1 hour
even if she has gone to the park it means nothing. Anything can happen. Companies pull off from deals at the last minute. You owe no one apologies for pulling off anytime you want, as long as you don't scam anyone. Business is all about ups and down, sometimes we loose, sometimes we win. Can they swear they have never made a customer miss her product due to delay at their end. Everyone should learn how to do business.

Now coming back to you Op, I read her part of the story, and you did a very wicked act buy allowing her to cut the materials and then not buying it. Who on earth will she sell it to. You knew someone else was buying, why didn't you wait till you get the money.what you did was wicked. I hope someone else does that to you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by mapet: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

My intentions..

I never said what I did was right or I went about it the right away.

Created this thread to share my side of the story

My tots are that she was too jumpy bringing the issue on Nairaland without expressing the inconvenience to you..... but she mentioned you blocked her... Is this the case

Reality is let no-one guilt-trip you into making a purchase you're not ready to make. You can even decide at last minute to pull out legitimately. On the issue of staying 3hrs in the traffic, that's business and there's no sentiments. If this deal had been consumated will there be a complaint? Or has she not factored all these into her margins? You may want to offer is something to make up for transportation and the stress...but that's at your prerogative.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Dawn91(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:
He did nothing wrong...he cancelled his order and the criminal woman after seeing the message acted like she dint and still sent it .... thats buying my goods by force... I noticed that its women vendors that do this....I hv experienced it b4 , then the next thing is they will run online to buy sympathy

Exactly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Bluffly: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

What did I make her loose please?

The items were not waybilled, the items are still with her.

I agree I fvcked up as I am yet to buy and I wasted her time and also stressed her out, but that was never my intention. If u read through everything I posted u would see my intention towards how it all went down.

This is very different from ur case

So you don't have the money yet and went ahead to place order. To what end. Are you not suppose to have earned before spending.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by doverulez(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
GI TO COURT ALREADY ANDSTOP THE DRAGGING HERE!!!
dauntless15:
Aside making her sit through traffic to the park, what about the linoleum she won't be able to sell because you made her cut it, life is hard already, you shouldn't cause another person pain by selfishly thinking of yourself whenever you act, it's unfair.

1 Like

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by jojo1415: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Guy u no try...its not only message,u should have also called on phone and explain things to her on why u wil not be able to buy the items again...u just made her to waste her goods by cutting it,its not fair at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Kingcalls: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kobicove:

You can't just wake up and cancel an order that has been processed at the last minute! angry

Who told u that? ... ok ,let's say the goods were not really what he expected, do u think she will replace it or refund him?? He sent that message b4 buses leave... they usually leave ard 7/ 8 pm ... what she experienced is part of the business

1 Like

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Bridget95(f): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

He has every right to cancel order
Even after a part of the goods have been cut to his required measurement? Did you know it will be difficult to sell?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Dawn91(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:
Hello,

Created this thread to share my side of the story regarding this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6968649/customer-blocked-me-after-making

On Wednesday last week, I contacted Xcelinteriors cos I wanted to buy wallpaper and carpet. We agreed on N90k as the amount for the items (excluding waybill). I had every intention of paying for these items as I requested for her to drop her acc number for me to make payment more than once (u can see that from our chats) but she suggested she would first go to the park to confirm how the waybill would cost so I send everything including the money for waybill at once.

She told me she would leave her office to the park when she closes for the day and when she gets there I would talk with the park ppl to negotiate for the waybill and send the full money including the waybill to her.

After our last conversation, something came up on my end so with remorse, chatted her up to let her know she should not bother going to the park anymore as I won't be able to pay for the items any more.

I 100% had no idea she had already gone to the park (according to her) cos we talked on video around few minutes to 3pm.

Around 4:41pm, I messaged her that she should not bother going to the park again and something came up on my end so I won't be able to pay for the items again (as at when I sent this message, she did not tell me she had closed for the day already and was going to the park to waybill the items).

Op you didn't nothing wrong you don't owe her anything. All these vendors can be extremely selfish .

How many consider their buyers when Increasing prices or hoarding ?

I read both accounts thoroughly, you have no blame and don't owe her a cent

Bye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Apus: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
The moment you requested for the goods, there was an Agreement. You reneged on this. You could compensate for the cost of moving the goods from the shop to park in good faith.
That said, It's about time we begin to think of using professional ESCROW services to avoid cases as this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by akpunda86: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

He has every right to cancel order

He has 100% but on time at least 12hrs bf time.bros I personally know d seller as she dey hussle not wen one in a park u cancel Ur order
Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by MARKone(m): 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Anybody that chats you up with "afa" know that the person is not serious.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by esanmantruth: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
That is the problem we have because she is a female or what? Would she sell on credit? Supposing you now bought the items and discovered it was of low quality, how will they react? Those company will not answer you again. My dear your apology is enough. How are we not sure they wanted to sell out fake materials to you? That can only lead to this worries and anger. If not customer today he can still be another customer tomorrow and that is business. Except they wanted to run deity business. Abeg as you change your mind is better, because this there attitude alone is enough to back out. Your apology is accepted except na occult or witches you offend ooo.
dauntless15:
Aside making her sit through traffic to the park, what about the linoleum she won't be able to sell because you made her cut it, life is hard already, you shouldn't cause another person pain by selfishly thinking of yourself whenever you act, it's unfair.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Scrap: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
You intentionally ignoring this question.

what about the linoleum?

As she won't be able to easily sell it due to the cutting. What happens to the item

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
edoairways:

No he shouldn't. If she was send that goods, she will only charge for waybill aside her goods

Nigerians are their own problem.

When you order for goods outside Nigeria, you have to pay for everything -goods, shipping from seller to logistics company, shipping and customs fee from there to Nigeria- before you go pick up your goods.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Btruth: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
You've not done well at all. If only you know the stress of traveling from Iyana-ipaja to Jibowu nii,.....you won't be here giving unnecessary excuses.

You fall my hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by West2019(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
the blocking her identify your wickedness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by pedrilo: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

I am 55% certain she had not gone to the park yet as at when I told her something came up. We talked on video till after 3pm and as at then she was at the market.
She told me it's when she closes for the day that she would go to the park. If she had intentions of going to the park at that moment, she would have just told me while we were on video call that she would be on her way to the park any moment now.

According to her, she spent over 2 hours in traffic but the time between when we talked on video and the time I told her I was no longer interested was just over 1 hour
It is a sign of low I.Q to blame the external factor when faced with negative outcomes.
Rather, turn the mirror of blame to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by mapet: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

He has every right to cancel the request ....what the hell is pay her for inconvenience... total nonsense

My position as well. It seems many people do not even know the rudiments of business transaction. A customer can change his mind if the business has not been consumated. If he had paid the money to her account and requests to cancel the deal, have people imagined the turn-around of the story?

When I do business online, I make sure I tidy my end very well else I don't deal. I was trying to order a product advertised on twitter this morning. I asked the lady where is the pick-up point? She responded that she doesn't do pick-up. I clarified that I meant where is her store so that I come and buy in person? She said she has only warehouse not store. I told her that ok if she was to do delivery to my house (gave her my location) how much. She said #1,500. I said fine, my proposal is "Cash on delivery". She closed the conversation and said no deal. I also courtesied and bid her bye-bye.... no stories that touch for me.

People should tidy up arrangement very well before making committals and not these emotional cries

7 Likes

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by FuckloveJnr: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Make Una help me like this post make I win £10 abeg . My wife go divorce me if I no win this money cry cry embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story#110020070
Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by odaniel1(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
The person who read the story of the Nairalander that scammed another nairalander after a nairalander had exposed the story of the nairalander is ...... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by edoairways: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mariangeles:

Nigerians are their own problem.

When you order goods outside Nigeria, you have to pay for everything -goods, shipping from seller to logistics company, shipping and customs fee from there to Nigeria- before your goods are delivered to you.
In this case it is different. Her service is pay on delivery. She was not wise enough to charge him before delivery knowing fully well how some Nigerians behave
Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by mapet: 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Fuckjesusandgod:
See, you weren't wrong in anyway. Move on with your life and don't let anyone blackmail you emotionally or manipulate you. If you were the one in her shoe, they will still support her. Simpsons and stupid people everywhere.

I co-sign

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Xagacem: 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

As long as he messaged her on time , she has no right to disturb him... he cancelled b4 she sent it
he messaged her at 4:41pm did you know the time she may have read the message,he would have simply called her and the phone will ring out since they last conversation was on video call

1 Like

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by FILEBE(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

As long as he messaged her on time , she has no right to disturb him... he cancelled b4 she sent it

You see why people like to do Pay before delivery? Had it been he has paid before Ben delivered, the story would have changed . Even if he cancelled after payment.

Why did hr block her is the question here. Why? If that isn't wickedness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by edoairways: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
mapet:

My position as well. It seems many people do not even know the rudiments of business transaction. A customer can change his mind if the business has not been consumated. If he had paid the money to her account and requests to cancel the deal, have people imagined the turn-around of the story?

When I do business online, I make sure I tidy my end very well else I don't deal. I was trying to order a product advertised on twitter this morning. I asked the lady where is the pick-up point? She responded that she doesn't do pick-up. I clarified that I meant where is her store so that I come and buy in person? She said she has only warehouse not store. I told her that ok if she was to do delivery to my house (gave her my location) how much. She said #1,500. I said fine, my proposal is "Cash on delivery". She closed the conversation and said no deal. I also courtesied and bid her bye-bye.... no stories that touch for me.

People should tidy up arrangement very well before making committals and not these emotional cries
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by akphils: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nigga is still avoiding the most important question. WHY DID YOU BLOCK HER?
Wen he eventually decides to answer someone should pls tag me

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by stagger: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

I agree I fvcked up as I am yet to buy and I wasted her time and also stressed her out, but that was never my intention. If u read through everything I posted u would see my intention towards how it all went down.

You wasted her time. Time is a very valuable resource for entrepreneurs. That is how one fellow said he wanted to buy products from our farm. After over two hours of chatting and asking my manager to wait for the individual, he failed to show and did not even apologize.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by mapet: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bridget95:
You guys asking people to get goods to you because you can't let go of a dim are taking sellers for granted. I hope one day a system will be in place to protect cash of sellers ontill deal is done.

Supposing you paid upfront for the items, nothing would have come up. You simply changed your mind midway because you have nothing to lose.

You didn't make any call or extra move to halt the transaction. The seller felt pained because she had cut an expensive part of the goods to your taste and at the moment will be impossible to sell.

That is the exact reason why the Seller should not have committed (cut the linoleum) until a firm order (either part or full payment) is confirmed in her account. That is how business is done. You don't make elementary blunder of this nature as a sales-person and make emotional cry

3 Likes

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by mapet: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
chymeze:
Very simple matter. You should have simply offered to reimburse her tfare to and fro, and added a little something ontop to at least to compensate for her stress.

Before or after she came to cry on Nairaland?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by Dwaynestefan: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Y'all just wailing because the vendor is a lady.
Bloody Simpletons.
If it was a guy now, una for say " Anyhow e hit you, move on ....na why you be man"

OP you didn't do anything wrong. But if you want to compensate the vendor, Not from the goodness of your heart, because you didn't do anything wrong...you can as well do that.

Don't listen to all these Phools above me saying rubbish.

You don't have the sense for business and you want to do Business??

5 Likes

Re: The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) by do4luv14(m): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

that's what the guy just told you, TP, and wasted of time,

comon sense should tell you the she was on her way to the park, when she chatted you on traffic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Lucrative Business Can Someone Go Into With 1.2m Only / Ethiopian Protesters Attack Dangote's Factory (Photos) / New 1000 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.