Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station (16243 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticla.la please help move to front page.Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by aanuoluwami14(f): 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
You know the best answer.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Austinbiggy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
is a good ideal by changing your work but i love the cleaner job you are doing there. you can still further your education by enrolling in your location. you going far to ibandan it will take you time to adapt but keep doing the cleaner job and you will surely find a helper around soon at where u are working. dont travel pls

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Mhykel217(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
the bank should be less stressful, the filling station own is stress and i doubt u will have time for ursef.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by sageb: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticlala please help move to front page.Thank you

You did not post your present location so we can compare it with Ibadan for which is better for you.
Fuel station attendants do make money daily aside their salary.
You can ask those that have worked in fuel station before.
If you are the smart type with good numerical ability, go for the fuel station job.
Thereafter you can apply to study in Ibadan poly.
You can even apply to study in the Technical University, Ibadan.
Tech Uni have a scholarship partnership with. Makinde's Government.
Goodluck on your aspiration
"Ise Logun Ise".

40 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
aanuoluwami14:
You know the best answer.
I don't know and that's why i seek for your opinion
Please share your opinion

14 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Austinbiggy:
is a good ideal by changing your work but i love the cleaner job you are doing there. you can still further your education by enrolling in your location. you going far to ibandan it will take you time to adapt but keep doing the cleaner job and you will surely find a helper around soon at where u are working. dont travel pls
Thanks for your opinion
I appreciate

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mhykel217:
the bank should be less stressful, the filling station own is stress and i doubt u will have time for ursef.
Hmmm yes the bank is less stressful and I don't go to work on weekends

10 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
sageb:

You did not post your present location so we can compare it with Ibadan for which is better for you.
If you are the smart type with good numerical ability, go for the fuel station job.
"Ise Logun Ise".
my present location is Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Mhykel217(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hmmm yes the bank is less stressful and I don't go to work on weekends

thats why u should just stay there. And i bet u d pay will b better than that filing station.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mhykel217:

thats why u should just stay there. And i bet u d pay will b better than that filing station.
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Mhykel217(m): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think

they actually do. Its up to u now to weigh ur options and agree on which one works best for u

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by merits(m): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
cheesy both are zazoo zeh

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by DropsMic(m): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
lol
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by God1000(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
The one that gives you more comfort and time

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Dawn91(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
My sister I advise you work in the gas statiobut come next year you will have better options
Amaechi Zulum 2023

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by todaynewsreview: 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hmmmmmm....if it's a major station, you may be on shift which may be good for you, otherwise, it's a very tedious job that you may even have time for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,...

I suggest you retain your bank cleaner job. The pay is better, the stress is less, bank customers and employees will give you tips, and the possibility of losing money is almost nonexistent.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Orente21(f): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dawn91:
My sister I advise you work in the gas statiobut come next year you will have better options
Amaechi Zulum 2023
Goodday sir, Blessed Monday. Pls I need your like for my story.We have not been paid in the school I teach and I need the money to buy little foodstuffs to sustain myself and my kids. I beg you all my fellow nairalanders. Click like for orente21 story.

https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story#110015888

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by GeneralElder: 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Your matter na the same, snail wey change shell no mean say e change speedometer. Plan well oo. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by dacblogger: 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Continue with your cleaning job nd forget about school.
Most graduates no get work

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by LibertyRep: 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
What do you think

Did they also tell you that they could also make loses too?

Aside from tips from customer and sometimes the manager, the bulk of the money they 'make' daily is from shortchanging the unsuspecting customers or the owner of the business. That's stealing regardless of how they sugar coat with other names.

If you have no accomodations and feeding problem where you stay and work presently, stay put and continue schooling with your bank job.

Never ever make life changing decisions based on promises of anyone. Anything can change along the line.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Enemyofpeace: 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Omo money dey for filling station o, especially during fuel scarcity, na there I take buy my first car and land

6 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by sylve11: 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
What do you think

Yes, they make money on daily basis by cheating unsuspecting customers. cool

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Muzikluva(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
sageb:

"Ise Logun Ise".
What do you mean by “good numerical ability” ?? He should involve himself in fraud while at it?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by bouncin04(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
grin
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Kennietech(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
No
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Glooho: 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Oga o
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by fikayormi(m): 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Since accommodation and feeding ain’t a problem, take the job and further your academics

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / Have You Been Shouted At By A Subordinate At Work Before? / What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.