Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (19044 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:08am On Feb 25, 2022
Okay folks, that's all for this week. Till Monday.

Please your likes, shares, referrals and comments are heavily needed.

Thanksy

Xavier out

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:10am On Feb 25, 2022
You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon You can get it via;

OKADABOOKS:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/classic/45547

AMAZON:

1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MKT86XC/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

2.) ASIN: B09MKT86XC (use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon. The ASIN serves as the book's Amazon's code)

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there likewise rate the book.

Please if you've bought the book, for the love of anything you hold dear, ABEG, DON'T POST SPOILERS OR PLAGIARISE MY WORK, otherwise, na lawsuit you go chop, I mean am angry , remember, it's a copyrighted work.

#Xavier

1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Dammyseyon(m): 8:53am On Feb 25, 2022
Emerald thinks the world revolves around her. Your story is very intuitive, we all have a lot to learn from it. I ran into it yesterday and all I can say is you've got an amazing story here. You just earned yourself a fan in me.
Pain changes people, I think Leo should reconsider still

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 11:10am On Feb 25, 2022
Dammyseyon:
Emerald thinks the world revolves around her. Your story is very intuitive, we all have a lot to learn from it. I ran into it yesterday and all I can say is you've got an amazing story here. You just earned yourself a fan in me.
Pain changes people, I think Leo should reconsider still

I'm honoured cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by zickky: 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
Brotherly, sincerely you got me glued to this story, and I salute your ingenuity in putting your thoughts vividly in written words, more oil to your lamp (i.e creative prowess)

I'm baffled at the way you portray Leonard Ezekiel, a proposed banker (i.e exposed to financial market, where opportunities of varying magnitude abound), with enterprising like-minded network of industrious people as friends, clients etc. You make it seemed as though he's an uneducated streetboy, lacked ambition and doing nothing to better his current status. My opinion though, I feel there's a disconnect in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by slimsophiediva(f): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
First to do no Dey pain, make she try Dey use emotional blackmail

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
zickky:
Brotherly, sincerely you got me glued to this story, and I salute your ingenuity in putting your thoughts vividly in written words, more oil to your lamp (i.e creative prowess)

Thanks bro, I'm really honoured.

I'm baffled at the way you portray Leonard Ezekiel, a proposed banker (i.e exposed to financial market, where opportunities of varying magnitude abound), with enterprising like-minded network of industrious people as friends, clients etc. You make it seemed as though he's an uneducated streetboy, lacked ambition and doing nothing to better his current status. My opinion though, I feel there's a disconnect in this regard.

I think I've addressed this issue before. If we're to go with your idea of the fact banker's are meant to be wealthy simply because they're exposed to the financial world where opportunities abound, all banker's would have been millionaires, as a matter of fact the banking industry should have been one with the wealthiest set of personnel but that's not case. I'm mirroring reality. Some bankers are wealthy i.e are millionaires while some aren't, they're are mere thousandnaires and Leonard is one of them, every thing here boils down to financial intelligence which is a different topic all together.

Note, Leonard himself is not a poor guy, he's doing well financially, he's a high earning thousandnaire but don't forget the financial status of Emerald here. Emerald is the CEO of a multi million naira architectural company that runs into a hundreds of millions and also she has lot's of investment which shows that she's more financially intelligent than Leonard which is ironic and comical at the same time but hey, that's reality.

Ones profession does not determine one's financial intelligence. A banker or a stock broker or an investment/ financial expert may lack financial intelligence in practice, not in knowledge, but in practice while a teacher has it. It all boils down to choice.

And also, Leonard and Emerald were made the way they are for the purpose of the story, we shouldn't forget that, although I tried to ensure that it's in line with reality.

I really love and appreciate your observation, criticism and engagement. I need you to do this often cool

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by silverlinen(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
zickky:

Exactly what i have been saying on this thread since it's inception.
E just be like say leonard lazy.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by cokhale(m): 12:12am On Feb 26, 2022
silverlinen:
Exactly what i have been saying on this thread since it's inception. E just be like say leonard lazy.
this is lesson men should learn from rich women or ladies. next episode please

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
Swears grin cheesy

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Xavier5:
Swears grin cheesy
Jesus just started reading the story just now, I don miss.where I go self

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:39am On Feb 28, 2022
froze6:

Jesus just started reading the story just now, I don miss.where I go self

Thank God say your GPS don finally work well to bring you here grin grin grin

Welcome Bro.

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:42am On Feb 28, 2022
Okay guys, wanna inform you that updates this week due to certain personal reasons will be two times, that is, Monday and Friday. If you're uncomfortable with it, you can buy the book on Okadabooks via
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/classic/45547

Thanks

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:49am On Feb 28, 2022
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Times passed and the saga continued. Emerald made no head way and Leonard was adamant. The quest for forgiveness meeting the quest for unforgiveness and just like an unstoppable force hitting an immovable object, they clashed, striking hard against each other, no one giving way, no one willing to bow. Firm at first, Emerald's resolution became weak, the urge to fight on dwindled. It seems she was fighting a lost cause. She wasn't making progress, all effort from her weren't yielding any result, her antics were furtile. Pleas and persuasions from her, family and friends to Leonard were fruitless. Leonard was adamant, strong willed not to forgive and accept her no matter what. She isn't getting what she desires from him. She even involved the church council but he didn't budge. Slowly, her mojo reduced, she lost her motivation, her will dwindled, hope evaporated. In place of them were feelings of guilt, hurt, despair, frustration, depression and fear, fear of the fact that probably she will never ever be with Leonard again. The realization that she probably has lost him eternally gripped her, filling her with intense fear.

The guilt wasn't helping matters. Every day, her actions stared at her filling her with profuse guilt and severe condemnation. Memories of what she did flashed before her. They've now become permanent residents in her mind, tormenting her, tearing her soul apart, shredding her into pieces. The memories, the thoughts, the consciousness of her actions guilt filled her. Her conscience condemned her, she brought this upon herself. She chose to do the despicable, now it's eating her up. She couldn't bear it, couldn't bear the fact that she may never get his forgiveness and acceptance, higher probability, but why this feeling? Why can't she just let go? Simple, the answer is straight and clear, she loves him, she loves him dearly.

He sent her the divorce papers but she refused signing them, there's no way she's signing those things. The only thing she seeks is to be with him. She yearns for his love, affection, care and honour. She yearned to be forgiven and accepted by him. Such feelings for him weren't helping. The realization that she probably won't get what she desires from him made things worse. Hurt, despair, frustration and depression seized her. She cried her eyes out every day. Life became gloomy, colourless and meaningless, it became miserable. Mirabel and Timothy, even Gloria and Dominic, became scared, scared for her health, her mental state. Emerald was going crazy, she was going nut, she was slowly losing it. Scared for her well being, Mirabel and Timothy most especially Mirabel intensified on their pleas and persuasions to Leonard. He's the only one who can put her out of this misery, this condition.

"Leonard, it's enough, you've punished her long enough. Emerald has lost herself, she's terrible. You need to see her, it's been long you did. You haven't gone to visit your daughter for sometime now, Clara has always been the one coming to visit in the presence of Gloria. I can tell you, Emerald has lost it, she's miserable. Only you Leonard, only you can put her out of her misery. I fear for her life, her health, her mental state. She's in such condition because she loves you, she's sorry. Please give her what she desires from you, please save my friend," Mirabel pleads.

"In the case of genuine remorse and repentance, everyone deserves a second chance. Those are your words, one of your favourite but funny how you aren't living it. Fine, you're hurt but dude she's sorry. It's long overdue. What do you want her to do before you forgive and accept her back? Get you the universe? The condition of your wife, oh yes she's your wife. The condition of your wife is terrible. I'm scared, I'm scared that something terrible might happen to her. Emerald loves you dearly, now I know. It's her love for you that puts her in such terrible condition. She can't forgive herself for what she did to you, she regrets it. Her love for you isn't helping matters, it makes the whole thing messy. She can't deal with the fact that she's losing or has lost you. She's going insane. Please, for the love of God, forgive her, take her back into your life." Typical Timothy's plea and persuasion.

The pleas and persuasions from the couple intensified becoming a daily occurrence. Leonard on his part wasn't helping matters, he was strong willed.

"Emerald, her health and whatsoever mental condition she's in can go to hell, I don't care. I have no business with her. My forgiveness isn't necessary. She doesn't need it." That's always a typical reply from him.

Emerald's condition grew worse, it affected her mental and psychological health. Her state of depression, frustration, sorrow and hurt deepened caused by guilt and fear.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Leonard noooo. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. Help me," she yelled to herself, an act that's now a reoccurring experience. First it was once daily but it intensified now occurring multiple times in a day. Fearing she will lose it anytime soon, the Matthews hired a therapist for her but all to no avail, rather than progress, regression took place. The memories of her sins hit her hard making things messy and worse.

"It's a taboo to be submissive as a lady to a low leveled poverty stricken raff I call husband, the man I feed."

"Remember when I was the provider, I never treated you in this manner rather I showered immense love, affection, care, honour and respect on you. I supported you on your quest for success. Now that you've achieved it, why do you choose to use it against me?"

"How can your financial status determine the love you have for your husband? Why should your love for your husband diminish with the increase in your finances?"

"Your mates are footing bills and you're here doing wifey thank you. If I feed you, I control you. You do what I want and say including washing the toilet if I so wish."

"I've slept with men, not man, men. Men who fvcked my big booty countless times. I don't regret cheating on you. It's a thing of pleasure. It's something I love and enjoy doing. I will do it over and over and over and over and over again even in your presence and right now."

"He can leave if he chooses to. I don't give a damn."

Those words, those memories, others like them flashed through her mind, hitting her severely with terrible blows. She couldn't get them off her head. She tried to forget them, to get rid of them but that was impossible.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo. No no no no no noooooooooo. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," she screams, holding her head with her hands, shaking it violently whenever memories of such surged through her mind. Such experience left her with pains, deep ones; emotional, physical and mental. They were intense. Those memories condenmed her, guilt ate her up, fear overwhelmed her.

"Leonard please help me. Put me out of this misery," she pleads to no one in particular.

Her condition worsened, getting deeper and expanding it's banks until she descended fully into a state of insanity. She lost her mind, she went insane to the sadness of Mirabel, Timothy, the house workers and her family. She was taken to a psychiatric hospital. Clara on her part was heavily hit by her mother's illness, she became blue. First her dad left the house, now her mum is crazy. Why were all this happening to her? A question her little mind couldn't concieve an answer to. She doesn't know the cause of all the drama, if she did, probably she could have been of help, could she? What can a little girl like her bring to the table?

She was taken in by Mirabel and Timothy into their home base on an agreement between them and her father which is, she lives with them while he provides money for her upkeep and of course his presence. Clara was the one that deliberately chose to live with the Matthews despite Leo's objections due to reasons best known to her, reasons she refused divulging to anyone. Mirabel and Timothy didn't relent in getting Leonard to comply, though irritated at his attitude, they have to save a friend and Leonard is the key.

"Leonard, I'm sorry. Please forgive and accept me back. I love you." Those were the only sensible words Emerald uttered in the midst of her incoherent words. Her doctor said only Leonard's forgiveness and acceptance can cure Emerald of her insanity. Relentlessly, the couple pressed determined to get Leonard over no matter what and how long it takes, to hell with his adamancy.

"Leo, you accuse Emerald of being terrible towards you but realistically you are becoming worse, as a matter of fact, you're worse. Your hypocrisy makes it worst. Your indifference to the insanity of your wife is terrible and please don't tell me she's not, she is. In her insanity she yearns for you, she pleads for your forgiveness and acceptance, that's the only sensible thing she says. If you have a heart, this should have been the motivation to forgive and accept her back as your wife. Her doctor said that's what she needs to be cured. She needs you Leo, she needs you now more than ever. You're her only hope. Please Leo, please help her out. Give her what she yearns from you," Mirabel said to Leonard. The duo are in his living room.

"You say she always calls my name, she always plead for my forgiveness and acceptance."

"Absolutely."

"That's just an effect of her insanity."

"Leo!!!!!" Mirabel screamed, appalled.

"Let's face it, Emerald is mad, she's insane which I don't give a Bleep about anyway. She's paying for her crimes. That's the universe punishing her for her evil. That's God's judgement on her for her sins." He paused and stared intently at Mirabel.
"She isn't making those statements because she yearns for me. Come on, she's cucu, she doesn't even know who I am anymore. Those statements by her is just her being mad. Those words are concieved by her insanity which she automatically responds to just like every other gibberish she responds to. You know she doesn't have a will anymore, no more cognitive ability, she's a dunce now, her insanity controls her."

"For the sake of God, please Leo, help my friend. You should come to the hospital and see her. Do this for Clara's sake. Clara is heavily affected by this. First her dad left home and now her mum is insane. It's too much for her to bear. She's really down casted. Put your family out of this misery. Put away the resentment you have for Emerald. Make things better again."

"I never for once imagined things will be this terrible for Emerald," Mirabel said, her head on Timothy's chest as they sat cuddled up on the couch in the living room.

"It's saddening, and Leonard isn't helping matters. He's just heartless," Timothy replied.

"I feel more for Clara, I can't even begin to imagine what that little girl is going through," Mirabel said. Quietness descended on them.

"Baby," she called.

"Hmm."

"If I was the one that did what Emerald did, would you react like Leonard?" she quizzed in a mild voice, her eyes fixed on him as he pondered. He sighed and exhaled deeply and heavily.

"We never can tell," he replied. She sighed and cuddled him tightly.

"Uncle, Aunty, when will my mummy's sickness be over?" Clara asked as she stepped into the living room cuddling her teddy bear tightly to her chest. Mirabel and Timothy were startled. What will they say to her? the answer to her question is complicated and messy.

"Come here," Mirabel said stretching her hands to Clara, nudging Clara to come to her. She hugged the little girl when she did.

"It's okay. Everything will be fine," she comforted. She hopes it will.

#Xavier
#Classic
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:51am On Feb 28, 2022
Okay, that's it folks, till Friday.

Please do ensure you bring in your comments, likes, shares, referrals and of course book purchase wink wink wink

Okay, see y'all

Xavier Out

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by zickky: 8:57am On Feb 28, 2022
Brainard22:
Damn...

Loe's my man wink

I'll never accept back a cheating shawty who rubbed it in my face...let her die for all I care

If the situation is reversed, one expects the woman to forgive, right?

I don't support infidelity in any way, particularly in marriage, however, in a case of genuine repentance, another chance should be considered.

It's better not to be a victim of this act rather pursuing forgiveness

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Honestly, I'm speechless.
This is so touching and eye opening to everyone out there.
The dice is still rolling.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Abdulreheem(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
if u want her to be forgiven hit like,if u think opposite hit share

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Jesse1991: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2022
Leo is over doing it...People make mistakes, but we should learn to forgive them.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Bam17(f): 2:45am On Mar 01, 2022
Xavier5:
Hey guys, the teaser for the next book in the Xav-Verse, KEEPING UP WITH THE CHUKWUEMAS vol.1 will be dropping tomorrow, I'll like you to check it out. I promise you, lovers of Blackish, Everybody Hates Chris, The Johnsons and Family Sitcoms as a whole will love it.

Don't worry, CLASSIC still continues.

#Xavier

I love it already. Even without reading. LOL. Booked my seat already. Hope I'll be in the front?

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Bam17(f): 2:47am On Mar 01, 2022
Xavier5:
Hey guys, the teaser for the next book in the Xav-Verse, KEEPING UP WITH THE CHUKWUEMAS vol.1 will be dropping tomorrow, I'll like you to check it out. I promise you, lovers of Blackish, Everybody Hates Chris, The Johnsons and Family Sitcoms as a whole will love it.

Don't worry, CLASSIC still continues.

#Xavier

Wait. You said horror? I don't know, the cover and name should be a lot creepy. But, I love it. Muah cry

Now where did I stop? Brb grin

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Brainard22:

I can't forgive a shawty who's hole has been drilled by not one but more ....

And she's not hiding it.... Damn don't he a Captain save a hoe

Most men are guilty of f***king several holes but their wives leave wit it, wen asked they will reply wit "I'm still here cos of my children"
She did wrong but Leonard need to forgive her even tho its not easy....
Finally sha, scum no get gender.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by silverlinen(m): 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
Shebi na forgiveness she dey find, make the guy forgive her na?
After forgiveness, nothing go dey again.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Bam17:

I love it already. Even without reading. LOL. Booked my seat already. Hope I'll be in the front?

In my thread, they're many sits, if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you and when I prepare a place for you, I will come back to get you into myself, where I am there you'll be also, in the VVIP section grin grin grin

Bam17:

Wait. You said horror? I don't know, the cover and name should be a lot creepy. But, I love it. Muah cry

Now where did I stop? Brb grin

Well, horror is part of the story but it's not the story. The story is light tone with a little touch of horror wink wink wink

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
Keeping Up With The Chukwumas vol.1 is on Okadabooks, you can get it if it's worth your money

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/keeping_up_with_the_chukwumas_vol_1/45603

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by cokhale(m): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
Xavier5:
Keeping Up With The Chukwumas vol.1 is on Okadabooks, you can get it if it's worth your money

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/keeping_up_with_the_chukwumas_vol_1/45603

#Xavier
next epsiode

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:19am On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:20am On Mar 03, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Killer Leggings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.