Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:13 PM

#endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations (171 Views)

Military Commences Search For Abducted Benue Commissioner, Abo / Fulani's Warning Message To Governor Okowa Of Delta State / Lagos Police Commences Orderly-room Trial Of Officers Who Killed Kolade Johnson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations by Doctorjames(m): 5:33am On Feb 08, 2022
Delta State government has commenced the compensation of victims of EndSars protest as recommended by the Judicial Panel of Inquiry set up by the state government.

This is coming after a recent call by a Warri-based Niger Delta activist, Comrade Israel Joe, on Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to fulfil his promise to implement the white paper report drawn from the panel’s sittings.

The commencement of the implementation was disclosed on Monday by Comrade Joe, who’s a member of the Delta State Human Rights Protection Committee, in a statement.

He commended Governor Okowa for making his promise to implement the White paper report a reality.

“On the 25th of January, I had issued a Press Statement calling on the Delta State Government to pay compensations to those victims of #EndSARS as recommended by the Judicial Panel.

“In my press release, I stated the pressure from victims as the reason which informed such decision.”

“I had declared my intention to resign my membership from the Delta State Human Rights Protection Committee headed by the governor if compensation was not paid as planned.

“I’m impressed with the actions of the Delta State government as victims receive cheque payment today Monday 7th February from the office of the Secretary to the State Government’s (SSG) office.

“This is the best way to go and I want to use this medium to thank His Excellency, the governor of Delta State for responding to this timely call.

“Really, #EndSARS advocates won the battle. I also want to use this medium to respond to the news making rounds that some #EndSARS protesters are still under detention in some areas of the country.

“Family members and friends of those victims in detention should reach us as soon as possible,” the rights activist noted.

Source:
https://tribuneonlineng.com/endsars-okowa-commences-implementation-of-recommendations/

Seun

Lalasticlala

Front page please

Re: #endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 08, 2022
lets see how it will end. but i doubt if he can implement them
Re: #endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations by HopeNeverDies: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2022
Damnn!!! End SARS of 2020...

They Wanna start taking actions by 2022... Smh
Re: #endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations by Emdes: 8:04am On Feb 08, 2022
I doubt if something good will come out from this
Re: #endsars: Okowa Commences Implementation Of Recommendations by Doctorjames(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
I believe something good will come out of this. Seun, Lalasticlala, front page please

(1) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: FG May Extradite Abba Kyari To US For Trial- Malami / Just In: Sunday Igboho's Residence Under Severe Attacks Again, One Feared Dead, / Ngor Okpala By-election: Sen. Frank Ibezim Appeals To The People Of Ngor Okpala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.