Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,169 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) (36012 Views)

Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Divorce Papers Reveal Real Reason For Break Up (Pix) / Uriel Oputa Slams Followers Who Body Shamed Her Over Saggy Breasts / Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Aaae: 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
grin
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by TheKingsmann(m): 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
pretydiva:
Rock your hammer head sis. Na big head you get, you no kill person. Say no to body shaming
Anti ogorstina weldone grin
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by D1Wonder(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
I was called frog voice while growing up. Today, I speak to thousands of boys and young people with the same voice. over 1 million households listen to my program on Bond 92.9 FM Real Men Real Issues with the same husky voice. Thank God for the late legendary Dan Foster who shouted excitedly on Inspiration FM, 'man, you got a radio voice'.
It can be emotionally traumatizing but when you pursue your God given vision as I do through The Catalyst Men Network Int'l, even the keyboardist must adjust the musical key to suit the frog voice. Blessings. info@catalystmen.org

1 Like

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Ayomi90: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
OBALOLA55:
grin
YORUBA LOGIC

OMAWUMI AND TIWA SAVAGE FROM ITSEKIRI ARE YORUBA WOMEN BUT IFEOMA FROM ASABA AND CHINEDU FROM OBIGBO AND PORTHARCOURT ARE NON-IGBOS
Who told you Omawumi is Yoruba? Seems you are slow upstairs, we never claimed her to be Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Ayomi90: 4:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Warri na Yoruba land? With vast swathes inhabited by Urhobo and Ijaw? Small small o.

As loads of Itsekiri words sound Yoruba is the same way some sound Urhobo. Itsekiri call money "oghó" (sounding like owo). Urhobo call it "Ighó"....many other similar words like that.

Some Ijaw ND Urhobo words means same with Yoruba, I have no deep knowledge about how the ethnic groups came about but I know some of their words that are same with Yoruba and has same meaning.
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Shalommy(f): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hmmm.. Money try but the hammer headed no gree.. cheesy cheesy cheesy I don't blame you because it's your inheritance. Afonja and ugliness na 5&6.
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Gadjone20: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
See below
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by ChikeGreat: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2022
Abeg Getat.

What if me that was called Hammer Head of Horror nko...!!?
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by OBALOLA55(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:

Itsekiris are historically yorubas from ondo and identify and neither yorubas nor itsekiris ever denied this. Warri na Yorubaland. If you're a discerning listener from Yorubaland, when a itsekiri speaks, you'd understand what they're saying. It's purely like ondo ascent
AYOMI90
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by nedzuby: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
quintessence007:
I love omawunmi

I soooo Love her that my wife refer her as my girlfriend
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by OBALOLA55(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
JooEeL:

Lol. The Itsekiris are basically Yorubas. They migrated from Ile-Ife.

Lol as for the Igbos... everyone knows that there are indigenous Igbos in the south south area...particularly delta north, southern benue... and of course, Rivers.
MY VERY GOOD FRIEND, TINUBU APOSTLES WOULD DISAGREE WITH YOU O
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by JooEeL(m): 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
OBALOLA55:
MY VERY GOOD FRIEND, TINUBU APOSTLES WOULD DISAGREE WITH YOU O

Awon weyrey jati jati yen.

Ta lo raye ti nwon?
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by GUNITGuy: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
To me you are beautiful jare wherhe you believe it or not
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by seyz91(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
cheesy
Jesterinjay:
Its the OGORstina for me grin

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Sunsets: 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
If not that most of the name callings were done in bad taste just to merely poke, deride, and demean; some of the times people just want to catch cruise but the recipients of the 'special names' tookthem to heart and too far. Like me, mine was isiuta. And the isiuta is still there. Just Omawunmi's head is still hammer head
CastedAyo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZrs4ZErzoW/?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by yommen: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2022
OBALOLA55:
grin
YORUBA LOGIC

OMAWUMI AND TIWA SAVAGE FROM ITSEKIRI ARE YORUBA WOMEN BUT IFEOMA FROM ASABA AND CHINEDU FROM OBIGBO AND PORTHARCOURT ARE NON-IGBOS

Is it Yorubas' fault if Ifeoma from Asaba claims she is not Yoruba? By the way, what happens to Rotimi Amaechi? Will he normally claim Yoruba or Igbo?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by OBALOLA55(m): 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
yommen:

Is it Yorubas' fault if Ifeoma from Asaba claims she is not Yoruba? By the way, what happens to Rotimi Amaechi? Will he normally claim Yoruba or Igbo?

http://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Allisgud: 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2022
Back then as kid everybody collect am,u give person guy name Dem go give u back

1 Like

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Lightorder: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
quintessence007:
I love omawunmi
me two
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Lightorder: 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
pheelhip:
Abeg Gatat sad
stagnated body shammer dictated
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
SLOVFO:
Where's the hammer head

My brother. I was expecting to see the hammerhead. The girl head no big na, she just dey chase clout, she never jam people wey get big head. If she jam them, even she sef no go know when she go open mouth call the person hammerhead

1 Like

Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Druss(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
Those yabs that everyone collects is body shaming?

Ugly, fine, big, small, smart, stupid - yabs would always flow your way. Is that body shaming?
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Enny2013(f): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
I like d way u ar...Darey Art Alade
Dat's d song my husband flatters me wt.
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Blake755: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
Yeah very tough issue the worst part is if you gave them attention it will be more worst cheesy
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by SheCeo(f): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Re: How I Was Body-Shamed Growing Up, Omawumi Opens Up (Pix) by Karemarealty288(m): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
Body shaming in pics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chime Amaechina Died Coughing Blood - Kemi Olunloyo On Davido's Crew Member / Emeka Ike Spotted At Swearing In Of Yahaya Bello At Lokoja - Photos / America Under The Control Of Satan The World Be Warned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.