Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria (13309 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Skales Visits A Down-Syndrome Foundation / Throwback Photo Of Ice Prince And Skales / Wizkid And Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunt Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by exams234: 12:33am On Jun 24, 2011
The highly anticipated America tour by leading R&B act, Banky W has suffered a great setback. Two of the headlined acts, Wizkid, who recently released his debut album and Skales were denied American visas at the United States Embassy in Nigeria, Read more at http://www.naijaprince.com/2011/06/23/wizkid-and-skales-were-denied-american-visas-in-nigeria/
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by ragdollz: 12:57am On Jun 24, 2011
How dare they deny our Nigerian stars visas!!! Whizkid especially! I hope it's a joke or it
can be rectified pronto!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 24, 2011
They're all monkeys. Wasn't he denied UK visa too? I bought tickets for their Bay Area show, which was postponed yesterday. They already agreed to do shows all across the US. I already heard that their show in Washington DC was cancelled. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Don't commit to any show unless you're guaranteed your visa! And promoters, do not promote until all documents have been cleared! Very simple logic. Now people have already spent hundreds of dollars on concert tickets, flight tickets, and other transportation arrangements. One girl was shouting holy ghost fire on twitter because she purchased flight tickets worth $300+ to see them, only for shows to be postponed and cancelled hours later. Poor thing.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 24, 2011
yep thats the second time Whizkid did that, it says a lot about his management team. DEFINITELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!! (if the story is true)

WHY DO THEY WAIT SO LATE TO DO THESE THINGS ANYWAY?!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 24, 2011
The thing is very true sha. The DC was cancelled and the California show is indefinitely postponed. I'm Igbo so my only concern na the money matter lol. Awaiting refund.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by ElRazur: 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

yep thats the second time Whizkid did that, it says a lot about his management team. DEFINITELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!! (if the story is true)

WHY DO THEY WAIT SO LATE TO DO THESE THINGS ANYWAY?!

This is naija. . . (That is your answer) grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by ikoha: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
wetin concern agbero with overload. wetin concern me concern visa. buffoons.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2011
He should have sought knowledge from veteran artistes going abroad for shows.
"To know da road ahead, ask thoze kamin bak" ni now.

Anywayz, one love whizkid.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by scopusng(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2011
It's a pity. Come get my VISA ,I don't need it.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by MrBarzini: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2011
Idiocy.
Skales is overrated.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by mikuz(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
^
chai!
na wetin make dem no gree give am visa?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
The USA embassy no send at all all o o o o o o o
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
ragdollz:

How dare they deny our Nigerian stars visas!!! Whizkid especially! I hope it's a joke or it
can be rectified pronto!

The guy need to chop well and kit well too, not some conductor looking appearance that will make any Embassy deny u VISA
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2011
odiaero:

The guy need to chop well and kit well too, not some conductor looking appearance that will make any Embassy deny u VISA
]

Your dressing code does not matter what matter most is if you can defend your doc and what you are going for
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Honeycity(f): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2011
wettin dey worry dis embassy people sef? them no they look face abi them no they hear radio ni abi watch television say my boi wizzy be like their own  Cris Brown  grin make them no dull my boi o
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by OjaP: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
ogugua88:

The thing is very true sha. The DC was cancelled and the California show is indefinitely postponed. I'm Igbo so my only concern na the money matter lol. Awaiting refund.

Na wa for this America embassy ooo,dem just dey deny people anyhow. Thank God say i never buy ticket, lol. @ Ogugua88:What part of the bay area do you live? I live around there too. You can shoot me a mail on geowale@yahoo.com and let's talk.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
seedord247:

]

Your dressing code does not matter what matter most is if you can defend your doc and what you are going for

Dress like a mad man, get all the docs and go for interview, u will only be seen as someone on journey no return, they will think u want to go and hustle, u are deny visa, so your dressing matters too
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by shawonlese: 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2011
This Asian woman at the American Embassy again eh? Obviously, Wizkid didn't get to see the article on NL.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by lepasharon(f): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
so dey were goin about ranting about their show in yankee without even gettin a visa first!?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by splashbaby(m): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2011
hmmm, Americans, I guess they were flinging some fake documents(My thought though), If Oyibo no see dey no go talk
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by ElRazur: 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
odiaero:

Dress like a mad man, get all the docs and go for interview, u will only be seen as someone on journey no return, they will think u want to go and hustle, u are deny visa, so your dressing matters too

Lwkmd.

E be like say you dey yearn from experience shey? grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by vladimiros: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
i don`t understand how normal nigerians like me can get visas

but some celebs can`t
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
Oya AXE your mummy, Awon eleyi Awon eleyi won bad gann n oooo

Maybe Whizkid got to the embassy and said "AXE your mommy" the consular officer thought he was a potential terrorist interested in
AXE-ing peoples mothers in the US and promptly denied him to save yankee ppl
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
ElRazur:

Lwkmd.

E be like say you dey yearn from experience shey?  grin grin

Not from Exper., Get person make dey work for Embassy,, between longtime no see
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
change your manager,
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by queensmith: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
yeeee serious?? abeg does anywhere here know him? please confirm, i thot wizkid went to Dowen?? Elitist never get rejected visa??  undecided

ogugua88:

They're all monkeys. Wasn't he denied UK visa too? I bought tickets for their Bay Area show, which was postponed yesterday. They already agreed to do shows all across the US. I already heard that their show in Washington DC was cancelled. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Don't commit to any show unless you're guaranteed your visa! And promoters, do not promote until all documents have been cleared! Very simple logic. Now people have already spent hundreds of dollars on concert tickets, flight tickets, and other transportation arrangements. One girl was shouting holy ghost fire on twitter because she purchased flight tickets worth $300+ to see them, only for shows to be postponed and cancelled hours later. Poor thing.

im actually laughing my head off right now- you need to see the heavy promotion they are giving the august carnival concert!!!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by werter1: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
imagine
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Abuleoshi: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2011
American people no want bad guys for yankee,shebi im talk say na im b bad guys!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by namanama: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
typical
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by sledge406: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2011
ogugua88:

Now that's some real cracker.

Thanks OG! grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by nethacker(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
yanky no dey look face grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omg! Meet Genevieve Nnaji’s Daughter Who Got Married Before Her Mother(picture) / PHOTO: Nicki Minaj's Bréasts Accidentally Pops Out Of Her Bikini / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Dr. Tumi – The Gathering Of Worshippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.