Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,860 members, 7,806,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria (13305 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Skales Visits A Down-Syndrome Foundation / Throwback Photo Of Ice Prince And Skales / Wizkid And Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunt Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by kratos81: 8:52am On Jun 26, 2011
Its sad . i bought the tickets for the DC event and the thing was cancelled , i really looked forward to it , but its remarkable that he was promoting a tour without having a visa in hand , where is that ever done?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 26, 2011
Wherever Nigerians dey lol.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by shollyboy2: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2011
yes na you be the bad guys banky w, i know sharp guys skales, and you be the smart guy wiz kid, american dont want this kind people for thier land.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
sholly_boy:

yes na you be the bad guys banky w, i know sharp guys skales, and you be the smart guy wiz kid, american dont want this kind people for thier land.
i did say the same thing but i was told to go "AXE YOUR MUM" grin grin grin grin just because the are making some low standard music is not a guarantee of an american visa
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

you sir, are making NO SENSE at all. it doesnt matter WHAT music they are going to play OR if they are even famous. a promoter can bring whichever artist he pleases and that has got nothing to do with the American gov. or the standard of music in the US.

so because YOU dont know an artist so they shouldnt get a visa to perform?! as Dayokanu rightly said: AXE YOUR MOMMY!!!!!!!
co's its got something to do with american gov. they are the ones issuing the visa, like i said before they not that important besides they might go on the run and dissapear in the states, it happens some times and to correct you its not because i ve never heard of them, they are not worth it!! more important people are refused some times too like politicians, if you find these difficult to understand well, err, you can go!!! AXE YOUR MOMMY!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
kratos81:

Its sad . i bought the tickets for the DC event and the thing was cancelled , i really looked forward to it , but its remarkable that he was promoting a tour without having a visa in hand , where is that ever done?

unfortunately many top artists do the same thing: Lil wayne did it and was refused a visa in Europe and a few yrs ago (2006 i think) Jay Z was refused a visa in China a few days before the sold out concert.

oti-igba:

co's its got something to do with american gov. they are the ones issuing the visa, like i said before they not that important besides they might go on the run and dissapear in the states, it happens some times

bwaaaaah, bro dont change the subject as you STILL MAKE NO SENSE. this is what you first wrote:"it means they are not important, thats why they were refused the visa, what kind of music are they going there to play that america never heard of its like selling there their own market to them, and also they are not up to american standard in music

for your information, the US Gov. doesnt give visa (or refuse to) based on how big/famous/important an artist is (or not) but its all about if the paperwork is legit and ok TO THEM. you could be an unknown village artist with no record deal, and still get a visa to go perform in the US for some event about your village aka marriage etc (if all the paperwork is legit).

as for going on the run, do you really believe that it will be THAT difficult to find them if they did?! who do you think they are, Cubans?! pls, you stop making yourself look @&%#! than you are.
also it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the type of music they do, if its good or not etc. there is a plausible reason why they were refused, they know what that reason is, and it sure has nothing to do with "american standard of music"

and to correct you its not because i ve never heard of them, they are not worth it!! more important people are refused some times too like politicians, if you find these difficult to understand well, err, you can go!!! AXE YOUR MOMMY!!! grin grin grin grin

you are entitled to your opinion about the music they do , but as we can see by the thousands who bought tickets for the show(and even flights), they ARE worthy to some and cannot be compared with corrupted criminals politicians with looted money in their foreign bank account who have been refused visa.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

unfortunately many top artists do the same thing: Lil wayne did it and was refused a visa in Europe and a few yrs ago (2006 i think) Jay Z was refused a visa in China a few days before the sold out concert.

bwaaaaah, bro dont change the subject as you STILL MAKE NO SENSE. this is what you first wrote:"it means they are not important, thats why they were refused the visa, what kind of music are they going there to play that america never heard of its like selling there their own market to them, and also they are not up to american standard in music

for your information, the US Gov. doesnt give visa (or refuse to) based on how big/famous/important an artist is (or not) but its all about if the paperwork is legit and ok TO THEM. you could be an unknown village artiast with no record deal, and still get a visa to go perform in the US for some event about your village aka marriage etc (if all the paperwork is legit).

as for going on the run, do you really believe that it will be THAT difficult to find them if they did?! who do you think they are, Cubans?! pls, you stop making yourself look @&%#! than you are.
also it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the type of music they do, if its good or not etc. there is a plausible reason why they were refused, they know what that reason is, and it sure has nothing to do with "american standard of music"

you are entitled to your opinion about the music they do , but as we can see by the thousands who bought tickets for the show(and even flights), they ARE worthy to some and cannot be compared with corrupted criminals politicians with looted money in their foreign bank account who have been refused visa.
ok! i get it! You are a big fan of their music and am not, no! wahala!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 27, 2011
oti-igba:

ok! i get it! You are a big fan of their music and am not, no! wahala!

no bro, i am a big fan of COMMON SENSE and what you are saying makes none of it. . . . . . . . . . . . . .  although their music isnt that bad.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by dinggle: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2011
Since when did American visa become moi moi? America is not Europe or UK, where you package an applicant. They should look at why they were denied and reapply when time allows.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by shollyboy2: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
oti-igba:

i did say the same thing but i was told to go "AXE YOUR MUM" grin grin grin grin just because the are making some low standard music is not a guarantee of an american visa

and sshe banky don go axe thier mummy?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by deekay29(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2011
Its insulting when the US embassy decides that they cant grant wizkid a Visa to come do shows in Yankee; what does America have that wiz kid will want to leave his bread and butter in Naija and come here to do one or two useless hustles. All u haters laffn at the young man, u will try but u wont attain his fame. I was in Naija two weeks ago and the love this young man is getting from everyone doesn't deserve the hate some of you beefers are posting; as MI will say instead make una chop fish una say na beef una want
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2011
He don start with the "h" word.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by dinggle: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2011
@deekay29
Its called rules! not name or who you are! There is a minimum requirement he must meet to be granted a visa,  And if he is not qualified to go today doesn't mean he won't go next time. That is why we have Niger, Sudanese and Chad forming Boko-Haram in Nigeria. America doesn't not care if u are a lyrical king in your land, it is wrong to sit here and lash the USA without putting the mutallab situation into consideration. America is good at fixing its loopholes. The mutallab situation has robed authentic applicants visa to USA and this Boko-Haram thing is just making things worst.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by sley4life(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2011
they myt av used a fake doc
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by chika98: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2011
sley4life:

they myt av used a fake doc

Yup! writing they way you do; I'm sure they did. What a thickie!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
Their interview was going well, until Whizkid lost his head and shouted at the attending, ''Don't DULL!!!!'', Oya, ask ur mummy, awon eleyi, , \oya ask \obama, awon eleyii,
Thats when they lost the visa grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2011
when yahoo yahoo boyz are writing and sending you invitation letters, I'm not surprised. If you are a up and coming celebrity and you are already associating with yahoo yahoo criminals, then I'm sorry for your career.  angry angry angry angry

Will attendees get their money back ?  grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 06, 2011
obowunmi:
when yahoo yahoo boyz are writing and sending you invitation letters, I'm not surprised. If you are a up and coming celebrity and you are already associating with yahoo yahoo criminals, then I'm sorry for your career.  angry angry angry angry

Will attendees get their money back ?  grin grin

I wonder o! The promoters that were doing the event in California have started pushing one other party for that same day. No mention of refunds or anything except for a press release from EME saying "we're sorry" and "we are still coming". My answer is when? Indefinite postponement it seems. I just want my $$$ back. I don't work for any of them lol.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 03, 2012
That woman NO SEND u
shawonlese: This Asian woman at the American Embassy again eh? Obviously, Wizkid didn't get to see the article on NL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omg! Meet Genevieve Nnaji’s Daughter Who Got Married Before Her Mother(picture) / PHOTO: Nicki Minaj's Bréasts Accidentally Pops Out Of Her Bikini / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Dr. Tumi – The Gathering Of Worshippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.