Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Have You Hawked Before? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Hawked Before? (11719 Views)

Wow:nigerian Who Hawked Mangoes Gets Six Phd Scholarship Offers Abroad,check Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by jolyment: 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
H
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by bishopkc007(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes
I remember those days when is a must in the evening for us to hawked. Thank God for life
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by sirhin: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2022
waploger:
Have you hawked anything Before?

Share your Experience.

I hawked ice fish � from
1999 to 2009.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by yusufdayo1: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked baby pant and bra at Aswani market then for my aunt. I also hawked Zobo at Ojuwoye market after school hour as I hustle then.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Jennyclay(f): 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kriss216:
98.7942% of Nigerian girls hawk kpekus on a daily basis.
Including your mother, sisters and daughters.

Hope they're making enough profit? Because the weather is so hot now, and I'm curious about how they hawk their pussy under this hot sun.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nwaotu10(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes. Ladies footwears, mangu platue state.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kriss216:
The way you are so bitter about women is questionable don't just go and commit suicide.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Height2: 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Omo na bad experience and fun then,I have hawked,groundnut,pure water sachet, ice cream, palm oil, vegetable oil, oranges,poly bags,infact any available stuff is sellable then. Most times then I always dey after the gain I go make.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by IMASTEX: 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Animegirl:

Your hate and demeaning words against Nigeria girls won't make you a better man. You just an empty vessel ranting about women here. You're nothing but a shiiiit. grin
grin grin grin he only wanted to get at your gender and you fell for it. If women hawk kpekus and if him and his friends don't patronize them won't the trade stop. Na yeye boy, e wan find women trouble. grin
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Streetmalam: 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
illicit:
Yes

Jewelries and women accessories

Op the business make gain like mad

Me too done run am before cool
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Mhykel217(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kriss216 [s:
post=110096644]98.7942% of Nigerian girls hawk kpekus on a daily basis.
[/s]
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Darammliveth(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked pepper, charcoal, kerosene, moimoi, bathroom slippers for my mum. That is one of the phase of my childhood memories i will never forget. It is now a thing of the past. My own unborn children are going to be directors in my small coy, am going to tell them how i used to hawked when I was a child like them. They deserve better. To God be the glory.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Iamthoney(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked pure water firstly then moved to soft drinks after school and insecticides(otapiapia) at night

Chai those days

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked akara
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Selfmotivated: 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
waploger:

Share your Experience.
What kind of useless post is this...

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Awoleesu(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
I was raised by elite parents but Mom believed a lil exposure to the street was good especially for the male child. So, she made us hawk a few wares... From ice blocks (kankara) during Ramadan to boiled corn. I remembered how she'd drive us in her posh 504 SR sedan then into the Army barracks. The people watching with interest as we alight from the clean, air conditioned car and head into the barracks, street after street, basin on head and screaming "BUY SWEET CORN"! grin

What a life back then! But it paid off as I owe my present business acumen to those rough, little beginnings...
Plus, hawking helped my self confidence and has helped me withstand and overcome the effect of rejection.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by donbachi(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
scholes23:

Jombo
yap
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by smartilicious: 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes . I used to hawked cow skin meat for mum during my secondary school days. At some point I was ashamed seeing my class mates but later realized that u shouldn't be ashamed of doing anything that put food on ur table as far as it's legit hustling

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Zion243(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
I started hawking at age 9 and stopped at 17.
I have hawked the following items:
Garri
Vegetables
Kerosene
Pure water
Smoked/dried fish
Yam
Broom
Fufu etc.

But I thank God for my life today. No one who personally knows me could believe what I've been through.
So when you see anyone hawking on the street or In traffic, please don't belittle them, they are human too and they do have dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
e no easy. May Jehovah bless our honest hustle
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by lizychimamanda(f): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes o, thank God for the humble beginning, I hawed pure water, kunu, zobo, bread, moimoi, fruits, ah, rusted corn and so many other things to help mama!!!, God is indeed FAITHFUL cheesy
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Dmacqh(m): 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
Reading some stories here makes me give God glory . God is faithful
And I know God is a just God who rewards accordingly, I know he will use me and my siblings to bless my parents.
We are poor of poor , yet my parents never hawked nor allowed us to hawk .
Even if I’ve sinned , God should please look on my homies face and struggle and sprinkle fortune on my works ( brain and leg ) .

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Samuelnze(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
Tannhauser:
angry

Hawked fruits and vegetables in the streets of Enugu for my mum then...not funny though. I would sometimes run into classmates and I would feel so ashamed cos I was in a supposedly high brow school.

At that point Dad was a bit down, but his insurance policy covered school fees for us children. Mum started up something to assist with feeding the family and as a mummy's boy I was her assistant and would sometimes hawk when sales at the shop was low.

i know how it feels when a hawker while hawking sees his/her classmates,i have experienced such before
but for me, i don't feel ashamed of any legit work that puts food on my table and provides my needs,even if it is cleaning the gutters,
because i know better and fruitful days are ahead

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by emerged01(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes o! I hawked for years. It wasnt a good experience. Till now it makes me have compassion on every hawker I meet. Most times I cant negotiate when I try buy things from hawkers.
Started from primary 3 to ss 2
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by VTJN(m): 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes

I started hawking right from my primary school days up to secondary school in Ajegunle

Omo baba God pick my call o person don suffer
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Spain007(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kriss216:

You must be a potential customer to notice it .
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by SheCeo(f): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
waploger:

Share your Experience.

I remember when I was much younger around 14/15 when my dad brought fishes from the pond and my mom stylishly mentioned that I should hawk some of it since there were so many and back then I was soo SHY , na so I disappear for house throughout that day till nightfall. In my mind I was like, I should now be hawking fish make I come see my crush or I'll see all the boys I was doing shakara for or even my classmates. I no fit abeg, my mama kukuma know the kind pikin wey she born

3 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Divoc19(f): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes. I hawked many things in my preteen years. I thank God I was protected from all these evil we hear about today

2 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Chrislova(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
have hawked before but not anymore
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Tapout(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
Nah, but I've distributed flyers.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Wonk(m): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Jennyclay:
Including your mother, sisters and daughters.

Hope they're making enough profit? Because the weather is so hot now, and I'm curious about how they hawk their pussy under this hot sun.

Dam!... Who's fuckin' you babe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work / Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take / What Do You Do When Your Peer Becomes Your New Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.