Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Have You Hawked Before? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Hawked Before? (11708 Views)

Wow:nigerian Who Hawked Mangoes Gets Six Phd Scholarship Offers Abroad,check Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by tunjilee003: 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
During 2006-2013,I hawked coconut for my mum,me and my friend will pack our wares in the afternoon and we hawk till night... The good old days....
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Sureblack47: 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawk yam and vegetable then.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by CoolJul: 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes oh. smiley If not for Hawking I for nor know many places for my town...I still nor know much places sef.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by yusluvad(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yam
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by adeniyi65(m): 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
illicit:
Yes

Jewelries and women accessories

Junior secondary school
Same thing with me.people would stare at me like "a male selling female ornaments" we are grateful to be here now.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by temitope23(m): 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
waploger:
Have you hawked anything Before?

Share your Experience.

Yes, I did.

Onions, potatoes. Gala and pure water in Lagos traffic and at the national stadium that time.
In fact my nickname in primary and secondary school was Onion instead of Cornelius.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Bouncing2(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
I know that feel cry
Never hawked before though but trust me I've been hustling since day one.

Late Dad is the last person to set his eyes on his son/daughter hawking,,,bless his soul cry ,mom was brilliant too.

But I've struggled and hustled like others in other areas
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mc3kwata:
Hawked sim cards that almost landed me in prison.....five days in the cell

Lol � tells us more
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by brainpowerng(m): 4:11am On Feb 11, 2022
I started hawking in 1991...

Started when dad was making soap and then polythene bags. The soap wasn't selling well so my sister started cooking rice, wrapped in leaf and I'll hawk into Oje market in Ibadan. At some point, we ate our working capital and nothing to hawk again. Sometime in primary 3 or so, myself and my immediate younger brother started hawking cassava peel "epo ege". I would hawk in my secondary school uniform even though I was a prefect. Hawked handkerchief and envelopes at Winners Chapel in Alimosho Lagos and Canaanland. Worked as houseboy, salesboy too and the list is almost endless.

I've slept on the road, in the market and with the strangest of strangers. I've fed from dog's plate, worked without pay, ate only coconut and garri for months till my poop turned whitish oily.

Today, I still hawk not going about with a tray of cassava peel on my head but using well articulated skills to help people solve property related problems.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by ImaIma1(f): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
ukaface:
rest naaaah
Haba..
You no dey tire for this kine talk?

Person wey no get sense.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by BewareOf419: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
BarrElChapo:
2015 ph 2 years after my graduation angry

cowbell sweet milk and cowbell chocolate lowest point of my life

Only God knows how many sachets you leakes then b4 getting home
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Olaolex: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
Yes I did.
I hawked sachet water, kunu, zobo, raw yam, soap( liquid, key soap and detergent), draw soup and shoes

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:24am On Feb 12, 2022
BewareOf419:

Only God knows how many sachets you leakes then b4 getting home

Actually none, I had to sell four cartons to earn 1k bros

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Career Advice You Should Absolutely Ignore / PE1 ICAN 2013 Nov Diet Examination / How To Gain Recognition At Your Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.