Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (64816 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
smiley Polyandrous cara

Obinna. The site don cook finish?

For some weird reason, I've still not seen Super 8.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
I see you tongue

Haba, you should have seen it by now na
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
obinna5000:

2011 SPIKE SCREAM AWARDS winners:

The Ultimate Scream - Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows part 2

Best Science Fiction movie - Super 8

Best Fantasy movie - X-Men: First Class

Best Horror movie - Let Me In

Best TV Show - Game of Thrones

Best Thriller - Limitless

Best Director - Darren Aronofsky - "Black Swan"

Best F/X - Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows part 2

Best Scream-play - Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2

Best Chase scene - Chase through London "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"

Best Fantasy Actress - Natalie Portman "Black Swan"

Best Fantasy Actor - Daniel Radcliffe "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2"

Best Science Fiction Actor - Matt Smith "Doctor Who"

Best Science Fiction Actress - Milla Jovovich "Resident Evil: Afterlife"

Best Villain - Ralph Fiennes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Breakout Performance Female - Emilia Clarke "Game of Thrones"

Best Cameo - Hugh Jackman, "X-Men: First Class"

Best Horror Actor - Alexander Skarsgård, "True Blood"

Best Superhero - Chris Evans as Captain America

Best Supporting Actress - Mila Kunis, "Black Swan"

Best Ensemble - "True Blood"

Best Independent Movie - Monsters

Best Graphic Novel or Comic Book - The Walking Dead

Fight Scene of the Year - Final Battle: Scott Pilgrim and Knives vs. Gideon Graves, "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World"

Holy S.hit scene of the year - The Room of Requirement Fiendfire, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2"

Most Anticipated Film of 2012 - "The Dark Knight Rises"
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN hits UK cinemas on October 26 2011.

Here's the second international trailer:

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkgH8ORfk0[/flash]
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:41am On Oct 18, 2011
I may have just wet myself
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
*sighs*
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2011
Just saw the trailer for The flowers of War.
I wanna see it. A piece of history that isn't well known.

I was reading a blog earlier on, on oscar contenders for Actors.
This year seems to yield a bigger pool, no one is like the outright frontrunner.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
I just saw the trailer for THE ARTIST. Looks pretty good.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Thirdborn: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2011
@Vesc, i see you are still at it.
Steven Spielberg is my number one too, at least we still dey the same team. lol!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
Dude! I've been busy but you've been dead. Wassap?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Thirdborn: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2011
@Vesc, i got tired of complaining about Nolly and decided to do something bout it. i got skills and some international recognition now so am back and hungry. U wanna ride?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2011
Lol. Yeah. I heard. from you know who. She said you have a coupla short films or something now. I'd like to see. I'll PM you later
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Thirdborn: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
Yeah, just got a mail from Malaysia this morning telling me the shortest one got accepted for their short film fest. I am hungry for some Nigerian action but still trying to break down the wall that these nolly people are trying to stop us with. so what did i miss?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2011
Wow. Congratulations dude. Let's start with the short one then. PMing now.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:05am On Dec 17, 2011
Was going through trailers and not even a blimp on the heart rate angry.

I'm not even that excited about 'Jack the Giant Killer' even though i grew up with that.

Can you blame me? After the travesty of Clash of the Titans, i'm leery of these classic remakes

Ahhh ok one looks promising. The Guy Pearce's 'MS one'. A lot of quips in the trailer, so that should be interesting. . .the dialogue that is.

Sasha Baron's 'The Dictator' seems corny, from the trailer that is. Kinda like those Steve Carrell exaggerated scenes. One part was funny though. When Megan Fox says 'Is this ruby? What am I? A Kardashian?' And the dictator says 'No, of course not, you're much less hairy' lol
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 1:30am On Dec 19, 2011
@iice I feel you. Still rewatching trailers for "Safe House, This Means War, The Avengers, TDKR & MI:GP" to amuse myself

Heard about "The Dictator"; There's already a classic "The Great Dictator" which is unmatchable so I am quietly pissed waiting for this,
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
I do hope next year fares better than this year.

It's like the industry is dying little by little sad
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
iice:

I do hope next year fares better than this year.

@iice
I hope so as well.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
Spikyn! This must be a good omen

The industry is freefalling jor. Real unforgettable film are not being made anymore. The only really refreshing and pleasing thing about this millenium is Nolan and the odd film.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hey Vesc!!

This year's failed me movie wise. 2 weeks more sha, maybe Brad Bird and Guy Ritchie can save it from the abyss
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
Actually I was saying exactly the same thing you're saying now just a month ago. But it seems the best films came out last month and this month. Have you seen Cars 2?

Speaking of Brad, that fella surprised me immensely! Hoping for Sam Mendes to do the same.

The best films are not the common blockbuster ones. I've been looking forward to: Young Adult, Hugo, M.I: 3, Warrior, The Muppets and Iron Lady which is not out yet. The point is the cool films are just coming out.

And Tintin tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:56am On Jan 04, 2012
Anyone watch anything interesting recently?

I saw horrible bosses and found it to be dull. Characters are like Seth Rogen and Steve Carrell. I just want to beam them grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 10:27am On Jan 04, 2012
Did you even notice Colin Farell's character? Best of the lot. I'd forgotten about hiim. He killed it.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2012
Sure he's the only one i mildly liked. But he was disgusting jare. I expected phlegm to fly out of his noise every once in while.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
I've heard that Iron lady isn't that great according to Ebert. I seldom heed to reviews though.
I feel this thread is for people who are almost borderline critics themselves because some of the movie description sounds rather errr "experienced"? I'm just an avid movie fan jare. I like it then I watch. Either a thumbs up or down for me. Some of the back and forth on this thread bin just give me small headache now sef
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
lol, good to see you here Chika.

I read too that it's not all that too, but i won't stop me from watching. I love her. Truly a great actress besides i like 'iron ladies' grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
Yes Iice she's brilliant! Perhaps she'll nick an Oscar this year? Fingers crossed. Meanwhile any interest in watching "War Horse" ?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
*crossing fingers*

I'm not excited. Haven't been excited about movies for a while. They just seem not to be coming up to my expectations. I might still watch it because it's SS. Just to see how it goes.

I saw you watched the original dragon tattoo. I still haven't gotten to it yet lol.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
Ah an Igbo girl like me has absolutely nothing to do with a horse feem at all hence I wont be watching. It seems movie makers are lacking creativity and fresh ideas. "Safe House" with Denzel looks promising. I'll definitely be watching for sure.
Yeah the original is just awesome. I'd suggest you see it before at least the Golden Globes. I was gonna go to the movies this weekend but nothing good is coming out so. . . .
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikedcylinder: 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
I guess this isn't about directors anymore.
I'm so out of loop with movies! All these names seem alien to me as all I keep watching are European foreign language films these days.
Ice ice baby, how you dey na? tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 6:28am On Jan 05, 2012
shocked Where have you been?
Happy New Year o! smiley
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2012
chika98:

Ah an Igbo girl like me has absolutely nothing to do with a horse feem at all hence I wont be watching. It seems movie makers are lacking creativity and fresh ideas. "Safe House" with Denzel looks promising. I'll definitely be watching for sure.
Yeah the original is just awesome. I'd suggest you see it before at least the Golden Globes. I was gonna go to the movies this weekend but nothing good is coming out so. . . .

Lmao!
Some movies do look promising. Until you see it.
I'll try to slip one of the trilogy in this weekend. I'm only half way through with homeland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply)

Photos Of BBNaija’s Lucy Selling Plantain / BBNaija: Mike Reunites With Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton / Kiddwaya Offers Cee-C N120 Million To Leave The Big Brother All Stars House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.