Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? (50819 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by casppyjay: 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
Senomi:

Was it as detailed and as interesting as the other books and would I still be able to find it
yes it was detailed for us then to understand and ofcourse grab a knowledge from it like mum will say tell me the moral of the story or what u understood from the book u read..honestly bro .. check ilansanmi books I don’t know if they still exist though but I remember they supply our school back then and then we pay..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by casppyjay: 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2022
Carot:
where can I get eze goes to school. I have neva read it b4
old book shops u might be lucky…
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by casppyjay: 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

S.M.O Aka.

Other books written by him include:
My fathers car
Mid-day darkness
Weep Not Child
The weeping undergraduate
Cheer up brother
College days of John Ojo
Etc

Good old days
collect hug and nwkobi
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by sentee(f): 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
Sugar Girl
My best story when I was little
My daddy bought it for me.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by edydeyemi(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
chukwuma0000:
I stumbled on this picture somewhere and have forgotten the name of the book we read back in my primary school.
Ralia the Sugar Girl. I
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Olatara(f): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2022
9jaBloke:
Sugar Girl by Kola Onadipe.
Some of his other books I read then include:
Adventures of Souza
The Boy Slave
Return of Shettima

Those were the days.
I read the boy slave and the return of Shettima (Shettima of Birnin Boko).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Cooleasy(m): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

S.M.O Aka.

Other books written by him include:
My fathers car
Mid-day darkness
Weep Not Child
The weeping undergraduate
Cheer up brother
College days of John Ojo
Etc

Good old days
Hey thanks my real guy!

Please how can I get this and the other books? P-L-E-A-S-E, HELP A BROTHER O!!!
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by iruocious: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2022
Sugar girl.
I remembered immediately I saw the picture. I read novels a lot back then.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by kay29000(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2022
1x2x3:

You will mess with your sweet memories if you read it again.

Exactly
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by DelphiOracle(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
spicyuzo:

These books made our childhood.

This Raliya-the Sugar girl for example, was my one time favorite.

Now that İ think of it, i didn't really need TV, ready books as a kid made you create the images and play the script in your head over and over, and in ways that prompted you to ask questions. İt kind of stimulated the thinking faculty.
On the other hand, TV is like watch someone's well scripted story, as a kid you can't really add your imagination to a TV show, you just watch and enjoy.

So now İ ask....What's better for kids....TV or Books?
Or a bit of both?
more books less tv.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by 9jaBloke: 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
dominique:

I didn't, I wouldn't mind reading both books today if I get my hands on them. My memory of the story is getting a bit fuzzy. I know it was set in northern Nigeria where Shettima was captured and sold as a slave where he became friends with the son of the wealthy owner. He grew older as a slave but enjoyed some privileges other slaves didn't enjoy since he's friends with the heir. The rich boy's sister started falling for him and that was where his troubles started. Very interesting story that you can read over and over again without getting tired of it.

sadSorry about that. Yes that's the story smiley Honestly we need many of those titles in ebooks so they don't disappear completely. I might still have them in my book box at my Dad's house. I'd let you know if I find them.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by DelphiOracle(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
casppyjay:
collect hug and nwkobi
but the book weep not child was written by a Kenya writer or so. Can't remember
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by EhisChelsea1(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
Cooleasy:

Hey thanks my real guy!

Please how can I get this and the other books? P-L-E-A-S-E, HELP A BROTHER O!!!

I am sure you will get them in any bookshop. I had all those books way back... dem don lost/or tear finish. Inherited about 4 or more Ghana-must-go of books/novels from my mom. growing up with books was fun. Missed those days. Reading was fun, it was a hobby. Person nor even fit read again now. Two months now, nor even fit add 2 pages join my thesis.....
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by EhisChelsea1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
DelphiOracle:
but the book weep not child was written by a Kenya writer or so. Can't remember

True... I mix am up. Ngugi wa Thiogo or so wrote weep not child. Apologies please

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Kakamorufu(m): 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
Bahamas95:
Which one is Sucre? Oga are you typing from Togo? cheesy
no o o. Equatorial Guinea. grin grin grin
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Slimwhyt(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2022
Sugar girl. Ayawa with Ralia
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by KingMack(m): 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
All this where texts books our father's and mother's hussled hard to push us through school even chased out of school because of lack of school fees and this where stories we read as kids could still be uploaded somewhere and even as we become adults we could still jus go back and read them for fun..sadly we can't but hopefully the generation to come are gonna do it! #damn_i miss_childhood angry

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Exceed15: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
Kharol1234:
Raliya the sugar girl

God bless you jare
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by PlayerMeji: 12:24am On Feb 12, 2022
I remember crying when I read the BOY SLAVE and RETURN OF SHETIMMA

9jaBloke:
Sugar Girl by Kola Onadipe.
Some of his other books I read then include:
Adventures of Souza
The Boy Slave
Return of Shettima

Those were the days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Cooleasy(m): 1:52am On Feb 12, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

I am sure you will get them in any bookshop. I had all those books way back... dem don lost/or tear finish. Inherited about 4 or more Ghana-must-go of books/novels from my mom. growing up with books was fun. Missed those days. Reading was fun, it was a hobby. Person nor even fit read again now. Two months now, nor even fit add 2 pages join my thesis.....

Wow! Okay I will begin to comb bookshops all over the place. I thought those books are no longer sold these days. I read Stories 'From An African Village' during my primary school days and I now thought it is no longer in circulation. Now I will look for it.
Me too I am still reading books o. If I don't find a book to read, I feel I may die or become ill. So, to keep living and breathing normally, I must have a steady supply of books.
Why are you not able to add pages to your thesis? Is it also due to pausity of books?

You may let's dm so we discuss further.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by emmeyen: 7:50am On Feb 12, 2022
The eyes of a witch see how red
The nails of a witch see how long
The ..............(I can't remember this one)
Ayawa you can't kill us
You can't drink our blood it is bitter
You can't eat our flesh it is tough
Mother witch cry for us
Mother witch dance for us
Mother witch, fly for us angry.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
chukwuma0000:
I stumbled on this picture somewhere and have forgotten the name of the book we read back in my primary school.
The Sugar Girl.
Ralia the Sugar Girl
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by anonymuz(m): 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Kharol1234:
Raliya the sugar girl
men...you tried. I love that book those days
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by CharlotteFlair: 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
GEEMIMI:
Ayawa
Correct grin
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by ibkkk(f): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
BabbanBura:
Ibkkk shey u read am too? Seemed na only me never read am.

Babbanbura
I no read am fah.
I just dey hear the title here and there.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Joelobioha(m): 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
Sugar girl Ralia..I read this book with a little fear coz of that witch.. She quite scary
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Dshocker(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2022
One of the most interesting stories i read way back in primary school
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by honniemail(f): 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
Her Name is Ayawa
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by WhizdomXX(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
chukwuma0000:
Ralia the sugar girl. Such a nice and frightening book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MC Oluomo's Twin Children Graduate From University Of Atlanta, Georgia. Photos / Meet Ryan Kaji Who Is Highest Paid YouTuber In 2020 Raking In Whopping £22M / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.