Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,696 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? (39712 Views)

About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Smartgeek(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

Does that mean customers would still be charged even when the transaction didn't go through?
Yes, that's what it means. The fee is for TELCO. A fee to grant u access to the USSD platform where u carry bank activities that the TELCO has no control over the transaction's delivery or failure. It's like using a bank's mobile app, u need INTERNET right? Same Internet u buy. So the session fee is like data to access the USSD 'app'. Whether the transaction is successful or not, u would have used some amount of data/session fee. U gerrit? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by PlaysNigeria: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2022
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by haj57(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:
Please I need some education here. Dey con de charge me around 11pm. De tink say I go don sleep.

Abeg help me out

Banks charge N6.98 per USSD transaction. Now calculate:

N286.18 / N6.98 = 41

This means that you transacted 41 times using USSD in January. Some banks like GTB do not deduct charges per transaction. The charges are aggregated and deducted one time at the end of the month. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by goldenchuks: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:
Is this mtn ussd charge different from normal ussd charge on every transfer?

Wetin concern mtn with GTBank
am wondering what kind of charge is that. I saw my own yesterday the same bank
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by stanisbaratheon: 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2022
Smartgeek:
Yes, that's what it means. The fee is for TELCO. A fee to grant u access to the USSD platform where u carry bank activities that the TELCO has no control over the transaction's delivery or failure. It's like using a bank's mobile app, u need INTERNET right? Same Internet u buy. So the session fee is like data to access the USSD 'app'. Whether the transaction is successful or not, u would have used some amount of data/session fee. U gerrit? grin

That is not good. consumer protection is zero in this country so much so that every business man feels they're doing the customer/public a favour.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Roushy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
The MTN could stand for "monthly" Contact your bank to explain the narration
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Smartgeek(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

That is not good. consumer protection is zero in this country so much so that every business man feels they're doing the customer/public a favour.
Something CBN and NCC being the regulators of Banks and MNOs respectively agreed on?
There is no banking channel that is free. Ever wondered why MFBs don't have dedicated USSD code to access their banking services?

Mobile Network Operators are getting stronger by the day hence the need for banks to synchronise with them.

Banks on the other hand are pushing communications to their customers via emails and sms, encouraging them to use other alternative channels if they do not want to be charged N6.98 session fee on USSD.

Choose your preferred channel. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by respect80(m): 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:
Please I need some education here. Dey con de charge me around 11pm. De tink say I go don sleep.

Abeg help me out

I actually opened this thread hoping to see your account balance.
Why did you censor it?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Agboconsult1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
I received same message from GTB. I was confused as well.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
[quote
I don't know about others, but GTWorld (banking app) now charges me for every transaction.[/quote]

You mean GT world charge now ?
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
fotadmowmend:
Na your balance i wan see first

Ole

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2022
Jennyclay:
Deactivate your phone number from your bank account. Start making use of your bank mobile app.

Whatever transaction you wanna do just use your mobile app.

If I should deactivate my line, how would I be getting those alerts because de are important to me o. Biz sake
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
dalass:

@ OP when I saw this type of message yesterday for the first time, e shock me too shocked

We are in trouble in this country. Person no fit do anything with bank now without charges. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2022
TheABOMINATION:
Mobile recharge and other bank USSD transaction used to be paid for with phone credit, I hate how they have changed it to debiting bank account for USSD transactions.

As for the op, he must have been smiling when he was carrying out USSD transactions with getting charged, not knowing that his bank was keeping record and would charge him for all the USSD transactions he carried out during the month.

Bro I get it. And normal they charge me for using the ussd but it seems mtn ussd charge is different from normal bank charges. Seems na mtn de collect this one
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
Aplaudez:

Op, which bank is it

GTB
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
Olam09:

Sms fee for first one, then the second one is about using ussd code in buying data or airtime from your bank account. Hope you gerrit now?

My bank ussd charge is different this one is mtn ussd charge. Wetin concern mtn with my bank transactions
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Available bal: NGN958,007.56

True or True? tongue grin

Oosheyy FBI

Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
bleskid:
stop covering your bank balance , u no get shishi

Send me money na
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Jennyclay(f): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

If I should deactivate my line, how would I be getting those alerts because de are important to me o. Biz sake
Expecting an alert or not, always check your mobile app.

Infact for business sake, bank mobile app is more preferable and better to check your credit or debit alerts than sms alarts.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by TeamLeader(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
Smartgeek:

Really?? Are you kidney me? They still charge for a failed transaction? No wonder
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

Abeg help me out

"Dem supposed wait make midnight reach before them rob you na, Go bank go report dem sey you wan know which of their staff for bank dey operate wen people don sleep". Village People Spokesperson
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by MisteerConcord(m): 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

Abeg help me out

The bolded really cracked me up
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by SirJerrie(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
The charges they collect now Is just too much... lipsrsealed
Bank transfer below 10k: N10
USSD charge: N6
Card Maintenance : N56
Withdraw from ATM of other banks: N30
SMS charge: 50
Multiple by 100,000 people everyday!!!
embarassed
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
Aplaudez:

Op, which bank is it
I got similar alerts from GTB ,so am guessing it's them
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by GermanRemitaunt(f): 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. Also known as "Feature Codes" or "Quick Codes," USSD is a messaging protocol used in cellular networks based on the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM). iot_glossary Written by EMnify
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Harrisonwo(m): 5:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

Abeg help me out

When you recharge using used, you are charge about #6.+ per recharge. On that, the FG charges you via VAT.

At the end of the month, your network provider deduct the accumulated bill from your account and then the vat (7.5%) is charged too on the total accumulation.

It's recommended to recharge using your bank app to avoid those charges.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Perfecttouchade: 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

Abeg help me out

yesterday I had similar experience and I was like , what's really going on in this country sef
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by sheymann128: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
It is a USSD session fee charge for each transaction session on USSD. It is N6. 98 for each transaction session, this is usually remmited to your network providers (MTN, AIRTEL, GLO etc). It is advisable that you use your bank mobile app more. and the VAT of 7.5% of that charge is for FGN.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by stanisbaratheon: 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
Smartgeek:
Something CBN and NCC being the regulators of Banks and MNOs respectively agreed on?
There is no banking channel that is free. Ever wondered why MFBs don't have dedicated USSD code to access their banking services?

Mobile Network Operators are getting stronger by the day hence the need for banks to synchronise with them.

Banks on the other hand are pushing communications to their customers via emails and sms, encouraging them to use other alternative channels if they do not want to be charged N6.98 session fee on USSD.

Choose your preferred channel. smiley

My interest is centred on being charged transaction fees when the transaction was not successful. You get it now?
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Aaay: 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2022
Phone charging charges
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by DJInfluence: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2022
TeamLeader:

Abeg help me out

I'll advise you to either remove that screenshot or make a new one and block your account number properly. It's so easy to see the whole number. You should be securely conscious.
Re: What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
Op see your balance 977m cheesy you be big name do giveaway na wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate / Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad / What Business Can I Do With 20k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.