Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? (11478 Views)

Can I Write Codes With My Smartphone And How Flexible Is It? / HTTP Status Codes With Definitions / How To Use Your Android Phone To Write Codes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yeah.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by dontro(m): 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Just get a laptop
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by suratwo62: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
[img][/img]
TempUser:
Not that you can't code on tablets, but your work would be limited.
You will of course need to have:

Robust IDE with code completion
External Keyboard

However, to experience full fledged coding and compiling, you'll need a laptop, Definitely.

Except you're coding html.... grin

Me I dey learn too!! This na Django

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
Good afternoon everyone. I just started to learn to code a few months ago. I have been using my phone since I started with Sololearn, but now I want to get a laptop to continue.
However, I have been wondering if it's possible for me to get a tablet instead and write my codes there.
Are there any disadvantages? Please enlighten me.

Laptop and Desktop only. Forget everything else.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Basiljoe:
Depends on what you're coding/building, if you're building/scripting simple web apps, sites and templates, a tablet might be capable.

However, a tablet is an underpowered device for developing complex applications and video games.

An i7 laptop is more suitable.

You don't need that heavy artillery to code. A small core 2 Duo is more than enough to start. The primary concern is storage. The one thing that you don't want to do is get 80gb laptop only to end up cloning to 500gb hard drive in like 2 years or so.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by DissTroy(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
TempUser:
Not that you can't code on tablets, but your work would be limited.
You will of course need to have:

Robust IDE with code completion
External Keyboard

However, to experience full fledged coding and compiling, you'll need a laptop, Definitely.

Except you're coding html.... grin

Funny how we underrate HTML and CSS yet we run to StackOverflow every now and then for such codes 'cause they are mostly too plenty to memorize.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by tarboshi(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hope you are not planning to work on real projects or get employed after 'learning' on tablet?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hannover:
I work in Lagos but I was just told by the company I work for to transfer to Enugu. I just payed my rent 2 weeks ago and get the news of the transfer today. The house is a self contained apartment(toilet, bathroom and kitchen ensuite)at Onipanu just after Palmgrove. I need someone who is interested in the apartment to let me know. Pay me the difference and I move. I'll also introduce you to my landlord. Reach me at rowlandjumbo@gmail.com if interested.

Type self contain in Lagos on Facebook many groups will come out join the groups and place your request sir!! I understand the feeling. More grace and favor locate you in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by kkins25(m): 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
Good afternoon everyone. I just started to learn to code a few months ago. I have been using my phone since I started with Sololearn, but now I want to get a laptop to continue.
However, I have been wondering if it's possible for me to get a tablet instead and write my codes there.
If you juat started like me, you can use a phone. check google play for apps with similar interface like visual code where you can use pyextention... I recommend programming hero.apk.

it has step by step tutorial nd excercises plus autofill fill feature nd the very important intellisense. You could also practice coding on its terminal.

if you're are learning python that is. although other languages exist on the app too.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by amjokes(f): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
Pls how much can 1 buy the UK used one currently
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by amjokes(f): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Pls how much can 1 buy the UK used one currently(laptop)
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by asco15(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Simple thing is to sell the Tablet and use the money to buy even a small laptop.
NB: You will need high config laptop if you want to do C# .net, Andriod or Java, but if you are going for html, css, javascript, or python, any small laptop will do
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by charlesm91(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
As your code gets bigger it’ll become increasingly difficult to manage them on a tablet so dead the idea of getting a tablet.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by mirog: 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
fnep2smooth:
Get Microsoft Surface Pro 5 or 4. Trust me
Bros you no try at all oo. That's too expensive joor.
Let him go for Dell xpx 17
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by mirog: 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
fnep2smooth:
Bros you no try at all oo. That's too expensive joor.
Let him go for Dell XPS 17
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Frontend: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Even on paper without internet I use to practice javascript
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by TempUser: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
suratwo62:
[img][/img]

print("Are you a Pythonista?" )
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Alatishetoheeb1(m): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sorry guys is dell latitude e6330, core i5, 500gb hdd okay for coding?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by uptownemmygee(m): 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
I really want to learn coding but street no allow me, my laptop nah steady bombing
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Cousin9999: 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
You can code on a cell phone. And using a device with those limitations makes you a better coder. The industry doesn't need more coders. They need better ones.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Psychedelia(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:

* Just get a 10" tablet, like the Lenovo M10 FHD (which has split screen capabilities). Around 120K in nairas.

* Buy a USB Type-C OTG (Around 2K)

* Buy the wireless keyboard/mouse combo. (Havit makes stuff like this). Around 8K nairas.

1. Connect the wireless receiver to the OTG
2. Connect the OTG to your tablet. Your tablet will recognise the device, and you'd be able to use your mouse/keyboard on it just as you would on a computer.
3. Set your tablet to landscape mode.

Finish!

1 Like

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by owagbeba: 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:

Hi. I am old boy but I would like to learn a new trick. How do I start to learn coding?

Is sololearn good for a beginner?

By the way, if you are in Lagos, you can get a cheap laptop from importers at Ojo Alaba. Even cheaper if you get those older models and upgrade the hardwares
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Emceekonami(m): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtjJW8mAUVo

Will you sell one of your eyes if we gave you a sure plug

We were on the street to ask people in Lagos if they would sell their eyes for 26 million?? Guess what this tailor with just an eye said??. grin grin grin grin grin

Please click on the subscribe button for more entertaining conents.

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by biggy26: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
fnep2smooth:
Pls give me the best configuration. Thanks
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by jolomiurenyi(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please, I want to learn coding, how do I start.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by teepain: 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
suratwo62:
[img][/img]

Good that you are learning. The piece of code on the baby's cloth is python though.

You would do well to understand the different parts of the code on baby's cloth in the image. It may help you in understanding some pythonic syntax
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by majesticguy: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
Get a laptop bro. I also started learning coding recently. I use both laptop and my phone. I use my phone together with a wireless keyboard when there is no light and i've drained my laptop battery. To be frank, nothing compares to writing codes on a laptop, the experience is much more fluid.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by mema900: 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
If u are really looking for a small laptop that van follow you anywhere, go for Microsoft surface pro 6.....its not cheap though
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by lanchy: 1:15am On Feb 16, 2022
What language do you code in?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:38am On Feb 16, 2022
ASHTAROTH:

Please get a laptop and ensure the speed and RAM is top notch.
Also, don't use sololearn. I will recommend you use Codecademy.
Pls, why is Sololearn not recommended?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fingerprint Programming In ASP.NET / Are You On The Dark Web? / Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.