Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? (2869 Views)

Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Can You Sleep With Your Brother/sister In The Same Room? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
Is it ok to get married to your brother's/sister's ex even when you know they dated for a while?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2011
Not in my book of rules.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
it depends on a lot of factors,

you have to consider how long from then till now,

and other things, you don't want your brother reminding you that he has had your wife do you?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by iyatrustee(f): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
dont think its right.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2011
rokiatu:

Not in my book of rules.
Hahahahaha! Even if u find urself trippin 4 him?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2011
iyatrustee:

dont think its right.
U dn't think it's right so u might do it?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by iyatrustee(f): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
i used "dont think its right" cos its possible dat someone somewhere is doing it. but personally i cannot
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by madoba: 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
shocked Chaaaiii Ebila, does that even sound right to your ears, no offence meant. But like Rokiatu said not in our (africans/nigerians) book of rules Let me just generalize and extend her comment to include "decent and right thinking Nigerian men and women".

Something about it is not just morally right especially if they (your brother and his ex) have been intimate. I hope this answers your question.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
iyatrustee:

i used "dont think its right" cos its possible dat someone somewhere is doing it. but personally i cannot
Now it's clearer!

madoba:

shocked Chaaaiii Ebila, does that even sound right to your ears, no offence meant. But like Rokiatu said not in our (africans/nigerians) book of rules Let me just generalize and extend her comment to include "decent and right thinking Nigerian men and women".

Something about it is not just morally right especially if they (your brother and his ex) have been intimate. I hope this answers your question.
It doesn't matter how it sounds in my ear,what matters is how it is considered by most folks.It could sound ok in my ears but not ok in most peeps ears and vice versa.The idea is to get how folks feel about it.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2011
iyatrustee:

dont think its right.

i don't really think it is a matter of right or wrong,

different scenarios exist that could make that possible

that is why i said earlier that so many things would have to be considered,
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

i don't really think it is a matter of right or wrong,

different scenarios exist that could make that possible

that is why i said earlier that so many things would have to be considered,
Do u mind highlighting some of the things that could happen that would allow it?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Mynd44: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2011
Why should I? So he can come and start describing how that place looks or feels like abi?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
ebila:

Hahahahaha! Even if u find urself trippin 4 him?
If I find my self tripping for him [size=5pt](which will never ever happen. My attraction just do not go in such direction)[/size] I will slap myself back into reality and stand up properly.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2011
rokiatu:

If I find my self tripping for him [size=5pt](which will never ever happen. My attraction just do not go in such direction)[/size] I will slap myself back into reality and stand up properly.
I like the sound of that.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by kpolli(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
emmmm,

no its not
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
kpolli:

emmmm,

no its not
Oga why u come dey stammer na?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by kpolli(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
I hit a stone
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2011
ebila:

Do u mind highlighting some of the things that could happen that would allow it?

1. when did the said relationship happen,
2. how long did it last
3. what happened, maybe ur brother/sister was a jerk
4. present location,
5. maturity of both persons involved,

the most important thing is to be sincere and truthful to yourself,

i grew up in a small community, where we all knew who dated who and who later married who,

so if you meet a nice girl you actually had a connection with, you would stop yourself from being happy simply because your brother (had an affair with her that ended many years ago,

things change and people make choices that don't turn out too well,

so what?

life will go on, and if you are genuinely convinced about the both of you i will say pursue your heart desire and forget about the past.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by Mynd44: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^^
Na JAMB?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

1. when did the said relationship happen,
2. how long did it last
3. what happened, maybe your brother/sister was a jerk
4. present location,
5. maturity of both persons involved,

the most important thing is to be sincere and truthful to yourself,

i grew up in a small community, where we all knew who dated who and who later married who,

so if you meet a nice girl you actually had a connection with, you would stop yourself from being happy simply because your brother (had an affair with her that ended many years ago,

things change and people make choices that don't turn out too well,

so what?

life will go on, and if you are genuinely convinced about the both of you i will say pursue your heart desire and forget about the past.
In ur opinion,answers to dose questions would influence d answer?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by ebila(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
kpolli:

I hit a stone
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by iice(f): 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2011
I'm with Rokiatu on this.
The sibling sharing partners is not for me.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Your Brother's/sister's Ex? by oluwagbami(m): 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
it isn't at all in the western context. Like what happened to me of recent, two very close friends of mine have dating for some time. The guy now traveled leaving the pretty babe behind. But soon than expected the lady starts getting all airs for me.though I tried all I could to discourage her but she wouldn't budge. My mother sensed what's going on and took matters into her own hands. Any Yoruba son will understand what I'm saying about our protective mothers. So dating or marrying your brothers or sisters ex or your close friends ex is morally wrong in the Yoruba context.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Am Confused! / Has This Happened To You? / Are All Handsome Men Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.