Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) (20703 Views)

Kenya's Bernard Sang Wins Lagos City Marathon 2024 / Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon / Kenyan, Emmanuel Naibei Wins Lagos City Marathon 2021 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
I have never seen a muscular man win this marathon race!

Why? Is it impossible?
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by HRMK: 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
ITS PRODIGAL FOR ANY STATE TO PROMOTE A COMPETITION THAT NO NIGERIAN WULD EVER WIN!
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Heterodox(m): 12:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Chloraseptic:
It's wonderful for Ethiopians to be known worldwide as the best in marathon..

I wish there was a category of sport Nigeria stands out in.
Kickboxing and boxing
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Joydan95: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Chloraseptic:
It's wonderful for Ethiopians to be known worldwide as the best in marathon..

I wish there was a category of sport Nigeria stands out in.
We stand out in “corruption sports”.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2022
I will run 10 hours still not reach the finish line if am partaking in the marathon grin
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by SmartPolician: 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Pius Ikedia suppose fit win this guy for race na undecided

Story for the deities!

Pius just has pace!

These guys have extraordinary stamina!
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by SmartPolician: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Pius Ikedia suppose fit win this guy for race na undecided

Story for the deities!

Pius just has pace!

These guys from East Africa have extraordinary stamina!
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Sergioaguero: 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Na access bank marketing strategy to sell for Africa. Hmmmm why host what your people don’t stand a chance to win. Mean while if you are looking on promoting ads that work read and begin… You launch an ad campaign… �

_
It sends traffic to your WhatsApp, Messenger, or website homepage.

You want prospects to enquire about your offer, book a call with you, or send you a DM to order what you sell.

But no.

They choose to be awkward… even after you made your offer clear.

And instead, they spam the comment section of your ad with stuff like…

"Interested"

"Info"

"How does it work?"

"Price?"

"I'm in"

But guess what?

They never buy! �

And even worse is your inbox buzzing with DMs.

But no.

They're not payment details request either.

They're DMs from unserious bunch…

Endless hello's and hi's from your ad… that lead to no sale.

For some of these people, you tell them the price… and they 1 minute read remaining…… Read all: https://matrix.to/#/!doLldETRiLKLSmNdES%3Amatrix.org/%24wauYC0xvC1O9ppqIPyK6EMZL4dw-ZUTdNN3YA3MjDmk
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by yuping(m): 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
dododawa1:
stop taking cold something expecially Cold water or cold coke or cold beer.
Thanks, But avoid anything cold my brother even mock me about it.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by yuping(m): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Parrot69:

Stop doing doggy style.
Lol, no time for that one naaa, hustle gat me like this oooo, but I no deny missionary.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by yuping(m): 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Benzemma:

I can be of help.
How? I'm open to any suggestion.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by yuping(m): 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Toluwanise247:

Stop f**king girl around
no be everything be sex, so you mean all Kenya that win it are virgin.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
Rikze:
shocked

It's high time we stop wasting all these dollars on foreigners and make this race strictly a Nigerian thing for some five to ten years...

This will allow us develop gradually and the confidence or our runners boosted.

Imagine the level poverty alleviation this would have been if Nigerians would be pocketing these monies every year.

Last year, a Kenyan took the grand price, now this Ethiopian.

You are sounding like a South African selfish who will always see foreigners as their problem, if every country should out of selfishness organize sport competition only for their own citizens then there should be no need for the Olympics
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Benzemma(m): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2022
yuping:

How? I'm open to any suggestion.

Reach me out on my email or Facebook page @ mascogentle.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Johel(m): 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
HonNL:

The Cable

How Nigerian wan take win when dem don too flex and fukk..many don't even exercise...they just eat,flex and lazy around...Na Wetin dey kill our footballers too.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by mcmurphy132(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
Typical of Africans to think and talk this way. But you want to go to London or USA and participate in their own activities.

This is an international marathon. Do you know the kind of publicity and even sponsorship it brings to Lagos state? Do you really think this money would be coming out of Lagos state government coffers?? Even if it is and so what? This money is chicken change to Lagos state and can you even compare it to what they have been stealing through corruption? At least this is a good and recreational thing. People travel from all over Africa to participate. It's good PR for Lagos and Nigeria as a whole[/quote]

U too get sense
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by rockcitie: 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
okwadatigbogal:

Typical of Africans to think and talk this way. But you want to go to London or USA and participate in their own activities.

This is an international marathon. Do you know the kind of publicity and even sponsorship it brings to Lagos state? Do you really think this money would be coming out of Lagos state government coffers?? Even if it is and so what? This money is chicken change to Lagos state and can you even compare it to what they have been stealing through corruption? At least this is a good and recreational thing. People travel from all over Africa to participate. It's good PR for Lagos and Nigeria as a whole

How come you're mentioning only Lagos State as the financier?? Are you not aware that the primary sponsor is Access Bank??
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by naija4life247: 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2022
HonNL:

Barmasai was the Access Bank 2020 Champion finishing @ 2.10.22 secs.

The will how you how stupid Access Bank is. Giving money to foreigners every year. Useless bank headed by useless fraudsters.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by maestro299: 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
okwadatigbogal:

This is an international marathon. Do you know the kind of publicity and even sponsorship it brings to Lagos state? Do you really think this money would be coming out of Lagos state government coffers?? Even if it is and so what? This money is chicken change to Lagos state and can you even compare it to what they have been stealing through corruption? At least this is a good and recreational thing. People travel from all over Africa to participate. It's good PR for Lagos and Nigeria as a whole
You get time to dey answer those kind people...

1 Like

Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by kabukabu50(m): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
paulolee:
always Ethiopia or keyans winning this cool cash no matter were it is done or who is hosting it..
I think this cash belongs to our economy n shouldn't be given to others all d time..
d organizers should improve the cash price for the best placed Nigerian n it will be more than the money given to the real winners even if its Kenyan or Ethiopian..
marathon race isnt our thing n i see no need for keep organizing wat ur people CNT win

Last time I checked US and other countries never win the marathons that they host,typical broke black man mentality
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Poncedsiun(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
paulolee:
always Ethiopia or keyans winning this cool cash no matter were it is done or who is hosting it..
I think this cash belongs to our economy n shouldn't be given to others all d time..
d organizers should improve the cash price for the best placed Nigerian n it will be more than the money given to the real winners even if its Kenyan or Ethiopian..
marathon race isnt our thing n i see no need for keep organizing wat ur people CNT win

Absolutely.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by dododawa1: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
yuping:

Thanks, But avoid anything cold my brother even mock me about it.
lol
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Kyn4kyn: 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
Chai! Ethiopian Airlines, give it all to them.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by DMerciful(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
You want to introduce another quota system? We can't compete so we rig the system to favour us even when we aint good enough.

If we create best Nigeria award category and Fulani man starts winning it consistently,
we will start to clamour for Lagos indigene category.

Why do we celebrate mediocrity?
paulolee:
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
We still d learn work
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by meedoLock(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
It's high time the organizers stop involving Ethiopians and Kenyans in anything Nigerian Races. It's already clear that we are not match with them when it comes to marathon race against this dude, what is the essence of the race if it will be won by this nonNigerians every year.

Let's find something else we are better off them to participate so that the weight can be at equilibrium. It's becoming boring jare. undecided undecided
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Cousin9999: 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
I have never seen a muscular man win this marathon race!

Why? Is it impossible?

VO2 depends on size. Running economy is also related to size.
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Gubioma: 7:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
IamAuntyOnion:
How come kenyans are always known to win Marathon world wide
Dan Borno.....
Are u not Nigerian...? U may contest nah
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by Emmaculate77(m): 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
paulolee:
marathon race isnt our thing n i see no
need for keep organizing wat ur people CNT win

I do not agree with you brother. Is access not in Ethiopia and Kenya? So why shouldn't they be allowed to participate?

In what basis should Nigeria be given a preferencial treatment I a fair competition?

We always claim that we are giant of Africa, no be only for mouth, it involves doings too _a platform to all Africans.
Congrats to the winner!
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by IamAuntyOnion(f): 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Gubioma:
Dan Borno.....
Are u not Nigerian...? U may contest nah
i can only cheer them on, i dont have the strength or speed
Re: Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) by JesusIsAMuslim: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
paulolee:

Nobody will give you any free food. If you want the biggest prize, then you have to be deserving of it. Lagos Marathon is a standard competition that will not condone any of those preferential treatments you all are crying for. It's either you win, and get the cash or you continue to be just participants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diego Costa Agrees One-Year Deal Worth $3 Million With Atletico Mineiro / FIFA Celebrates Oshoala’s Pichichi Award / Lewandowski Makes Champions League History With 23-Minute Hat-Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.