Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (34611 Views)

Guests Take To Their Heels As Wind Makes A Show At A Burial Ceremony / Burial Ceremony In Anambra Shut Down By Traditional Ruler (Photo, Video) / Different Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In Naija Burial Ceremony - Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by GraciousGod190: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2022
A Church member invited the masses to his mother's burial ceremony last week Sunday, today when I got there I had to look for his own canopy..to my surprise they were just few persons sitting on his canopy with lots of chairs vacant.

and I came late o, we talking about after 2.48pm

His siblings canopies were filled to the brim, even his uncle's canopies were filled up that they were even coming to collect chairs from his own canopies to theirs for their respective guest. (this guy is the second to senior) I could see the embarrassment on this man face... he was just quiet and moody.

Food he cooked was surplus, nobody to give after sharing for we the church members that came..he had to even give us extra takeaway home because we didn't pass 10...still they are still enough leftovers.

While I was coming home one of the member from the church a very good friend of mine gave me a lift, then he told me Alex...you see why you need to dey mingle with people all around so that when you want to do things people will come.

You can't just put your full mind for people in church or family members...they disappoint you.

As you go people own, na so people go like come your own.

it really touched me, because I might even be worst than this guy, I hardly go out in the day....I don't have friends.. nobody to invite me to party... people in my street don't even know my name..This is really bad I need to change.

So introverts how do you handle stuffs when it comes to parties like this that you can't bypass? With all eyes watching...

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Fahdiga(m): 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
What must be must be whether you mingle or not.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lesson learned. Me wey dey avoid mingling, I really gats to start mingling with people and not turn to an Island

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lol

Don't be disturbed by that. Mingling is good but it should be limited. I like being private but I still got some real ones that would pull up for me if I wanna organize something. Although, I don't even like parties, so there's no need for their gathering.

I can go months without contacting people. Even my social media accounts are as silent as a grave yard. I'm sure many people don't even know my whereabouts except people in my neighborhood here and I ain't got no friends among them. Crazy!

234 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by KiNg0G: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hahahaha.

You never hear say them dey rent people to come sit down for chair?

That nor be issue na.

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by pocohantas(f): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
even his uncle's canopies were filled up that they were even coming to collect chairs from his own canopies to theirs for their respective guest.

Wetin be this na? Hahahahahahahaha

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Mariangeles(f): 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
My parents don’t even joke with our town and village people’s meetings here in Lagos.
There’s one they meet once in every month, and another they meet once every quarterly.
They know themselves and always support each other in celebration of life and in mourning.
When you identify with and go close to your people wherever you are, they will always support and have your back.

Na this new generation dey think say na them sabi pass their parents.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by eddynaira125: 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
I like this gist

You do for me I do for you

You scratch my back I scratch your back

When tyre roll tyre stop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
The whole idea of separating canopies is senseless and invalidates whatever sort of love you all claim to share. All I see is fake love, insecurities, show-off, Etc. By the way, why do you need the crowd for grandma's burial? Are you going to bury some of them along with Grandma?

Rather than play along , make things go your way. There are 1001 ways to bury the dead.

301 Likes 30 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Mariangeles(f): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
KiNg0G:
Hahahaha.

That nor be issue na.

In such gatherings, they know and usually speak their dialect among themselves.

So, the “rented” people will easily be identified.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Wawelexy(m): 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
MufasaLion:
Lol

Don't be disturbed by that. Mingling is good but it should be limited. I like being private but I still for some real ones that would pull up for me if I wanna organize something. Although, I don't even like parties, so there's no need for their gathering.

I can go months without contacting people. Even my social media accounts are as silent as a grave yard. I'm sure many people don't even know my whereabouts except people in my neighborhood here and I ain't got no friends among them. Crazy!

Just like me.... But I don't care, ain't changing my attitude for parties.... Shebi na person wet invite them go disappoint... I can come to that party(yeah my mum's burial), stay for 20minutes, and then leave...

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by duro4chang(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
I am just like you
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Lindajames1010: 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
V
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by izzou(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lol.

Personally, I won't let anybody emotional trap me into their lifestyles.

I am not the party and events attending guy. When I have an occasion, I don't even want any crowd to attend. The few people I'll invite would show up. That's enough.

I don't even understand the sense in having separate canopies, but that's another issue for another day.

If you don't like it, don't bend because of societal pressures.

Real friends are those who show up in days of trouble, not in attending parties

221 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wawelexy:

Just like me.... But I don't care, ain't changing my attitude for parties.... Shebi na person wet invite them go disappoint... I can come to that party(yeah my mum's burial), stay for 20minutes, and then leave...

Even my family and close friends have known that I hate unnecessary noise, gatherings or attention.

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by erad(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
Rubbish talk.
Why will I want to change my personality and lifestyle because of party?
Is that how feeble minded some people are?
I'm not even letting you know I have a ceremony, let alone expecting you to come.
Not everyone is an attention freak.
Your coming or not will not raise the dead.
I no dey go anybody own, and I don't expect anybody at mine.

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
Acidosis:
The whole idea of separating canopies is senseless and invalidates whatever sort of love you all claim to share. All I see is fake love, insecurities, show-off, Etc. By the way, why do you need the crowd for grandma's burial? Are you going to bury some of them along with Grandma?

Rather than play along , make things go your way. There are 1001 ways to bury the dead.

Nigerians like noise and unnecessary stress. They like doing things and brag about it later on. Some don't even care about taking care of the old parents but are quick to make the funeral the talk of the town. Shitty people!

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Klass99(f): 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2022

73 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Klass99:

You will be a very good somebori to run things with tongue. You are private, you also come across as coded and someone who likes to keep things on the down low.

Lol

Yeah, you got it!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Klass99(f): 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2022

79 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Klass99:

As in ehn.......I just don't get it. Very shitty people indeed.

Do you remember that thread where the OP said she left an interview after waiting 1hr 20mins? One guy like that was dragging the issue with me and making reference to customs recruitment exercise and how people stood till they fainted, the OP is unserious, blah blah blah.

Must everything involve unnecessary stress and strain before it is deemed to be worth it or people are deemed to be strong/resilient? A friend of mine in Naija is currently interviewing with a multinational and she can't stop goshing over how the process is so sweet and seamless.

They schedule interviews for 10-10:30 and by 10:15 they are done. A senior executive failed to meet with her as scheduled yesterday on Teams. The guy sent her mail afterwards apologizing and asking if they can connect on whatsapp.

But, when you come to Africa/Nigeria, if there is no noise, showoff or stress involved, then the matter has not even started. Our thought processes and mentality in this part of the world is seriously messed up.

Yes, I remember that thread and how you made beautiful submissions on it.

The problem is that most of the top shots faced similar thing will they were young and they thought it would be normal to do same to anybody under them or seeking help or employment from them.

This is what most of us faced back then in the University. Most lecturers are used to archaic from of things. They see suffering and pain as discipline especially when it's unnecessary. They derive joy in it. I see most of them as bunch sadists that are hell bent on making life difficult with their old syllabus and delvish character.

I was lucky to have a reasonable and enlightened Professor as my supervisor back then. Well, I wouldn't say I was lucky, I would say I designed my fate because I had unintentionally picked a sadist as my supervisor after unwrapping one of the papers in the box. Fortunately, the lecturer in-charge of it was busy having conversation with another Dr. I opened another paper and it was the right person I had wanted!

This Prof. is enlightened and had been in the U.K. for many years before he came back to Nigeria. His mentality and opinion on life, religion and other things was just different. He would always address me formally and would sometimes address me by my nickname. We're still in contact till today!

Let me stop here for now because the story is long and interesting.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by dawnomike(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:
A Church member invited the masses to his mother's burial ceremony last week Sunday, today when I got there I had to look for his own canopy..to my surprise they were just few persons sitting on his canopy with lots of chairs vacant.

and I came late o, we talking about after 2.48pm

his siblings canopies were filled to the brim, even his uncle's canopies were filled up that they were even coming to collect chairs from his own canopies to theirs for their respective guest. (this guy is the second to senior) I could see the embarrassment on this man face... he was just quiet and moody.

food he cooked was surplus, nobody to give after sharing for we the church members that came..he had to even give us extra takeaway home because we didn't pass 10...still they are still enough leftovers.

while I was coming home one of the member from the church a very good friend of mine gave me a lift, then he told me Alex...you see why you need to dey mingle with people all around so that when you want to do things people will come.

you can't just put your full mind for people in church or family members...they disappoint you.

As you go people own, na so people go like come your own.

it really touched me, because I might even be worst than this guy, I hardly go out in the day....I don't have friends.. nobody to invite me to party... people in my street don't even know my name..This is really bad I need to change.

So introverts how do you handle stuffs when it comes to parties like this that you can't bypass? With all eyes watching...

Seun
Lalasticlala
How to handle things like this is simple... I never took a whole tent for myself knowing a few would show up.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
KiNg0G:
Hahahaha.

That nor be issue na.

Them they rent people to come cry self.

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Ishilove: 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Klass99:

You will be a very good somebori to run things with tongue. You are private, you also come across as coded and someone who likes to keep things on the down low.

Always the sensible guy. But, what are these 1001 ways to bury the dead? Abeg spill o.

Ishi this thing no be by force o, so long as you are kind and interact well with people at any level, regardless of their status (e.g. cleaners,CEO, etc) you will be alright in this life and like Acid said, you don't need a crowd to bury the dead.

I like quality over quantity, if I have to bury my dead I will be more focused on getting that business out of the way and moving on with my life. While earnestly hoping my dead made heaven and if one or two friends show up, I will be grateful, always holding them dear to my heart.

But, their presence, the food, grandeur and fanfare activities around the funeral, will not change the final destination of the departed. Nothing we do after a person passes, matters as much as when they were alive or where they end up.

That's why I love that song celebrate me, now wey I dey alive. The song is also one of the reasons I repeatedly give money to one of my relatives, even after saying I won't. At the back of my mind I keep thinking, this money she is asking for, that you don't want to give her. If she kpoof now, you'll end up spending more money to bury her, than what she asked for.......so just give her and do extra.
You are full of wisdom.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by justdogitto: 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
sad
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Sundaypaul12345: 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
Reading!!
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by vincentjk(m): 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by slawormiir: 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by maureensylvia(f): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Reading
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Vv
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by chukwuibuipob: 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Whether the burial had crowds or 1 person there is irrelevant. The most important thing where her soul is now. May she rest in peace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mairama Indimi And Mustafa Marcus Masango Wedding In France (Photos) / Groom’s Father Turns Michael Jackson At Son's Wedding / Photos From The Bridal Shower Of Identical Twin Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.