Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,930 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:43 AM

My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (34464 Views)

My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony / Burial Ceremony In Anambra Shut Down By Traditional Ruler (Photo, Video) / Different Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In Naija Burial Ceremony - Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Starz825:

Guy.. you just described me...
If I don enter house like this ..no going out oo... weekend na indoor 247...
I hate parties too...
I was jokingly telling my friend that Called me on phone to come out tonight say ..I fit no show on my wedding Day oo grin...
do you have a girlfriend
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by StrikeBack(m): 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Starz825:

Guy.. you just described me...
If I don enter house like this ..no going out oo... weekend na indoor 247...
I hate parties too...
I was jokingly telling my friend that Called me on phone to come out tonight say ..I fit no show on my wedding Day oo grin...
I doubt if I’ll attend my wedding ceremony, on my supposedly wedding day, it will happen either on any international break or any weekend Acmilan isn’t playing��
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Agugbadin: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Whether the burial had crowds or 1 person there is irrelevant. The most important thing where her soul is now. May she rest in peace

You have said it all,the most important thing is to take care of your parents when they are alive period.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Wawelexy(m): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Yomit71:

baddest

No be matter of baddest. That's just the way I live my life....
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
bukolabeauty09:
The guy caused the mess for himself. Why cook up food when you know you are not the social type

During my wedding, my parents asked me how many of my friends from work were coming I said NONE.....I don't attend party so I wasn't expecting anyone at mine even though I invited them. My son's naming same thing happened, only my church members were present and my hubby self nah another introvert that doesn't like party.
how did you two meet?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
nenyewrites:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
nenye my luv
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by eazyjay4(m): 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
Whenever there is a funeral at home I go with just one friend. We rent general canopies. I’m not really a fan of gathering people together to feed them while I grieve. Life of an introvert.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
another1:
Me I'm not a party person and I'm not changing
i pity you
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Starz825(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
Carot:
do you have a girlfriend
That one na wahala....
I lose interest and commitment easily in girls...
My very close female friend don tire for my matter...she go be like wey that girl again...I be like I don leave her jareee...no time..she go just laff say you no well gee grin

If i go ever marry..I go get my own personal room...I can't be sharing the same room with my wife every day...
He go tire me..
I dey weird..me sef know

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Munzy14(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
Carot:
do you have sisters?
Biological sisters, no...all boys family.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
CXLVII:
As a hardcore introvert, I will never have a reason to invite people to anything.

It’s just so impossible!

Canopy, chairs, party or drinks are not in my dictionary. I don’t go out and neither do I expect anybody to invite me to anything cos you will be disappointed.

I will never have a reason to invite people.
are the quiet type
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Brownshoe: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
He just wasted his food, he should have cut the cost and live happily ever after, well my kind of party" no crowds."
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
His siblings canopies were filled to the brim, even his uncle's canopies were filled up that they were even coming to collect chairs from his own canopies

Diswan don pass introvert. . Na innervert cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Man wey sabi!! No be by redpill… you get sense cheesy cheesy cheesy
poco, are you an introvert or an ambivert
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by NoToPile: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
Loool

I remember my dad's burial, my step siblings ask where I want my canopy to be, me wey be say I know people that will show up for me and mumsie no go reach 10 what's my own.

Anyway na them kuku pay for the whole party shishi they didn't ask from myself and hubby as they are far older than me and my husband and I just had a baby they didn't want to be sharing expense with us.

They kept on saying we don't want to stress you you guys just had a baby they took care of everydamn thing. Ope oooo and our own was just to sew ashoebi and transport ourself to the hometown and get a guesthouse to stay cheesy (expenses reduced by 90percent) . As they ask me I said that corner and they set up canopy for us there.

Father inlaw and a friend came, sister inlaw came, 2 church members traveled with us from Lagos and about four of our relatives from mum's side from our hometown in which the burial took place, my self and hubby didn't invite anyone specially mumsie cooked very small food just incase last last general food was still surplus lastlast.

Some people were looking that my canopy was scanty, we no send oo, no be by no of people, it the quality of what is happening the few people around 10 that came had a blast and 10 people don set table naah.

Next thing my step sis came and said notopile you will soon go on stage to dance oo, typical yoruba party settings, I say dance ke noo, they said all the children must dance on stage individually arrh I am not the dancing type and I no get plenty people even dance with me or spray me money oo, na my hubsband and step siblings still dance with me and spray money last last. grin

So the OP could have made the most of it, instead of being sad that people didn't come to his canopy.

I personally enjoy events I host when there are fewer people and I didnt stress my self because we had very few people in our canopy.

You really don't need to be intimidated when there are other canopies with more people,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
Starz825:

That one na wahala....
I lose interest and commitment easily in girls...
My very close female friend don tire for my matter...she go be like wey that girl again...I be like I don leave her jareee...no time..she go just laff say you no well gee grin

If i go ever marry..I go get my own personal room...I can't be sharing the same room with my wife every day...
He go tire me..
I dey weird..me sef know
your case is critical
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by pocohantas(f): 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Carot:
poco, are you an introvert or an ambivert

Extroverted ambivert tongue tongue
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
When I finished reading the Op, I was like 'man! I need to start thinking about my life' sad. Then I scrolled down and saw that there are indeed people like me grin

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by CaptainFM1: 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:
A Church member invited the masses to his mother's burial ceremony last week Sunday, today when I got there I had to look for his own canopy..to my surprise they were just few persons sitting on his canopy with lots of chairs vacant.

and I came late o, we talking about after 2.48pm

His siblings canopies were filled to the brim, even his uncle's canopies were filled up that they were even coming to collect chairs from his own canopies to theirs for their respective guest. (this guy is the second to senior) I could see the embarrassment on this man face... he was just quiet and moody.

Food he cooked was surplus, nobody to give after sharing for we the church members that came..he had to even give us extra takeaway home because we didn't pass 10...still they are still enough leftovers.

While I was coming home one of the member from the church a very good friend of mine gave me a lift, then he told me Alex...you see why you need to dey mingle with people all around so that when you want to do things people will come.

You can't just put your full mind for people in church or family members...they disappoint you.

As you go people own, na so people go like come your own.

it really touched me, because I might even be worst than this guy, I hardly go out in the day....I don't have friends.. nobody to invite me to party... people in my street don't even know my name..This is really bad I need to change.

So introverts how do you handle stuffs when it comes to parties like this that you can't bypass? With all eyes watching...

It's good to celebrate with people though, but Nigerian atmosphere in 1970 and 2022 are no longer the same.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
CgRay:
As I am not a partying type, I would have tell you I'm hosting a small party, so that you won't expect political campaign group
why are you like this?
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Elsueno: 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:
A Church member invited the masses to his mother's burial ceremony last week Sunday, today ...

Better to have 10 trusted friends that understand & standby you than 100 who will ONLY do things because u did SAME FOR THEM & not cause of friendship.

Anyways northerners no get dat problem, as long as wedding or funeral dey, even if nobody knows for street. everybody go still gather to sympathize or celebrate wiyh you

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
charlesdinho7:
thats why i love myself. i dont like going out with people. i like my space. so if i am getting married and people do not turn out for the wedding, i dont give a damn. as long as i am married or the main aim has been achieved, no problem
na wa for you oh

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Oyiboman69: 10:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Fahdiga:
What must be must be whether you mingle or not.
keep deceiving yourself...
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2022
UzomaFC:
I like staying alone oooooooooooo, at least it has saved me so many troubles.
My wife at times will be talking and I will be looking at her, well she knows me very wella.
We are 12years this year and we don't go out.

This year marked my 19yrs at my work place.
these are my stats:
Company Party: 2
Company Bar: 2
Weddings: 0
Burial: 1
Birthday party: 1
Others: 0

Even were I work, they know me that Igwe does not go out. but funny enough when they needed someone to represent them,
they will call me.
My own is Work/Church and nothing.
I don't even like staying in crowd talk more of inviting anyone, Nna men the lower or fewer the better for me.
Low headache, low troubles to attend to, infact low everything.
infact if I have my way, I will just go inside the forest and build and live there.
you need deliverance
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
Peace880:

Na the same thing with me I don't have friends even in my area I don't think anybody know my face , I just like privacy
you dey fùck
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by edoairways: 10:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
MufasaLion:
Lol

Don't be disturbed by that. Mingling is good but it should be limited. I like being private but I still got some real ones that would pull up for me if I wanna organize something. Although, I don't even like parties, so there's no need for their gathering.

I can go months without contacting people. Even my social media accounts are as silent as a grave yard. I'm sure many people don't even know my whereabouts except people in my neighborhood here and I ain't got no friends among them. Crazy!
I share similar thought with you.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Munzy14(m): 10:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
MufasaLion:

My man, you solid!!!! cool

I was to attend a relative function but I didn't go, and my dad was just furious that I wasn't gonna show up when he called me on phone. I wasn't bothered, anyways.

The major reason people attend parties is because they want others to attend theirs also. Such rule ain't in my book.
Until they start giving nobel laurels for most elaborate occasion hosted, I remain a chill soft guy grin

Show off is not for everybody...some of us enjoy lowkey stuffs...

It is something I learnt from my Dad...

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
Acidosis:
The whole idea of separating canopies is senseless and invalidates whatever sort of love you all claim to share. All I see is fake love, insecurities, show-off, Etc. By the way, why do you need the crowd for grandma's burial? Are you going to bury some of them along with Grandma?

Rather than play along , make things go your way. There are 1001 ways to bury the dead.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by KiNg0G: 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
When I finished reading the Op, I was like 'man! I need to start thinking about my life' sad. Then I scrolled down and saw that there are indeed people like me grin
but bros on a normal you still got to think your life.
majority of people here, haven't been in the op shoe.

if you like follow them na you know...
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by edoairways: 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
UzomaFC:
I like staying alone oooooooooooo, at least it has saved me so many troubles.
My wife at times will be talking and I will be looking at her, well she knows me very wella.
We are 12years this year and we don't go out.

This year marked my 19yrs at my work place.
these are my stats:
Company Party: 2
Company Bar: 2
Weddings: 0
Burial: 1
Birthday party: 1
Others: 0

Even were I work, they know me that Igwe does not go out. but funny enough when they needed someone to represent them,
they will call me.
My own is Work/Church and nothing.
I don't even like staying in crowd talk more of inviting anyone, Nna men the lower or fewer the better for me.
Low headache, low troubles to attend to, infact low everything.
infact if I have my way, I will just go inside the forest and build and live there.
You did well. You just saved alot of cost
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Munzy14(m): 10:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Carot:
how did you two meet?
Are you going to be another kobo junky? grin see interrogation...police dey learn work where you dey. grin
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Carot: 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Whether the burial had crowds or 1 person there is irrelevant. The most important thing where her soul is now. May she rest in peace
you sound like a born introvert

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Buried In Airplane Casket In Calabar (Photos) / Rivers @50: Beautiful Photos From The Boat Regatta, See Floating Masquerades / Skate Wedding Gone Wrong: Groom Falls On Bride While Trying To Skate With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.