Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters (1269 Views)

Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank / $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by mcjohny(m): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hi, right-thinking Nairalanders.

I think I need urgent help, my uncle asked me to leave whatever i am doing to rush over to his place this afternoon owing an emergency. As I got to his house, he barely replied my greeting only to tell me that he had been defrauded by Yahoo Yahoo boys who withdrew over 2 million naira from his 3 separate accounts with different banks( first bank, zenith and stanbic bank).

He said it all started on Wednesday when he noticed his MTN line kept showing "emergency" consistently, but he barely made out time to check why as he had assumed that it might be a network issue that might be retified overtime.
Fast-foward to this day when he decided to check his email only to discover that ever since Wednesday when his line showed " emergency" that he had been debited of over 2 million which he is unaware of, so I suggested we go to MTN office, only for them to ask us to do sim swap which my uncle vehemently refused to owing to the fact that he wants to know what happened to his line and several withdrawal which he got but the customer service representative said she doesn't know.
she would rather insist that he swap his line instead as if swapping the line will bring back the money..

My question now is please, how would my uncle quickly get back his money stolen from his banks?
Please what steps do we take to resolve this issue
Please mods move this to the from Page

Cc: lalasticlala
Myndd44
Seun
dominique
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Olaoluwa112(m): 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
I think the best person to tag is slaworir, he is the best person than can answer.

Pretty sure he will avoid this post.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by MufasaLion: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Damn!
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by slan87(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Why not try going to bank first thing on Monday to ascertain the cause of the issue.

Bank will give more clue & you will surely know the genesis of it all
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by mcjohny(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
slan87:
Why not try going to bank first thing on Monday to ascertain the cause of the issue.

Bank will give more clue & you will surely know the genesis of it all

Thank you, I appreciate
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by oazeez1991(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ur uncle Accounts or BVN has been compromised. He probably clicked some links or unknowingly gave out some of his sensitive info.

All in all, let him visit those banks, but stand his ground that he never do any of what I earlier guess cos they (Banks) would try to convince him to admit it, and should he do, bye bye to his money as Banks wouldn't take the matter serious owning to the fact that, the fraudulent acts was from his end, but should it stand his ground, they could help out, even thou chances of him recovering the money is very slim, the process is even tedious and time consuming, plus he will have to seek the service of a good lawyer to make those Banks cooperate in the recovery.
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Nicepoker(m): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
Your uncle has been slawormiired.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
I don’t think the bank can do anything on it.
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Oldmutual: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
I think the best person to tag is slaworir, he is the best person than can answer.

Pretty sure he will avoid this post.

Lol
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by mcjohny(m): 12:54am On Feb 13, 2022
oazeez1991:
Ur uncle Accounts or BVN has been compromised. He probably clicked some links or unknowingly gave out some of his sensitive info.

All in all, let him visit those banks, but stand his ground that he never do any of what I earlier guess cos they (Banks) would try to convince him to admit it, and should he do, bye bye to his money as Banks wouldn't take the matter serious owning to the fact that, the fraudulent acts was from his end, but should it stand his ground, they could help out, even thou chances of him recovering the money is very slim, the process is even tedious and time consuming, plus he will have to seek the service of a good lawyer to make those Banks cooperate in the recovery.

Thanks man
Mehn, this is quite terrific
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by ProudlyNGN: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2022
That Money is Gone. Nothing can be done about it, he will only waste his time and money in pursuing what he cannever get again.
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
1. Where did your uncle buy his phone from?
2. Are their Yahoo boys living few meters from your house like they do mine?
3.Are his cards intact
4. Does he use a laptop for transaction with his bank perhaps a phishing attack
5. Is there a Base Station Engineer living close bye.
6. Has he lose his I.D like driver's license ...etc
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by mcjohny(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
jackcanfield:
1. Where did your uncle buy his phone from?
2. Are their Yahoo boys living few meters from your house like they do mine?
3.Are his cards intact
4. Does he use a laptop for transaction with his bank perhaps a phishing attack
5. Is there a Base Station Engineer living close bye.
6. Has he lose his I.D like driver's license ...etc

bought it at conventional phone market; new infinix hot 10
2) honestly, this is something I can't tell because it's actually difficult for me to foretell by mere eye contact or casual assessment.
3) he has 3 ATM cards and two cooperate accounts but the later were untouched
4) doesn't have a laptop.
do you even know these kind of an people like as it was In the beginning, so it is and shall be type.
I pleaded with reasons for years for him to buy a smartphone which he did last year.
not that internet friendly kinda man, he actually bought the phone to aid his work because he is a civil engineer
5&6) I can't actually tell right now but he hardly displaces his properties.
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
Tracking crooks in nigeria is painstaking process, before that of my mum was done, almost two months if not that i decided to follow it up.
First of all, get details of where the money was sent do, do not give police any money.
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by mcjohny(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
BritishNaija:
Tracking crooks in nigeria is painstaking process, before that of my mum was done, almost two months if not that i decided to follow it up.
First of all, get details of where the money was sent do, do not give police any money.
please how we're you able to do yours
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by doctor20202020(m): 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
Call me on 08033196353
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
mcjohny:

bought it at conventional phone market; new infinix hot 10
2) honestly, this is something I can't tell because it's actually difficult for me to foretell by mere eye contact or casual assessment.
3) he has 3 ATM cards and two cooperate accounts but the later were untouched
4) doesn't have a laptop.
do you even know these kind of an people like as it was In the beginning, so it is and shall be type.
I pleaded with reasons for years for him to buy a smartphone which he did last year.
not that internet friendly kinda man, he actually bought the phone to aid his work because he is a civil engineer
5&6) I can't actually tell right now but he hardly displaces his properties.
It is quite rare that 3 bank account would be attack at the same time, not to talk of the network disappearing, especially mtn network that is everywhere you go. Even if the BVN was compromise usually attack is still rested in one bank. So the phone could be the suspect here but like the other Chief advice follow the money trail.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 14, 2022
mcjohny:

please how we're you able to do yours

It was a breach of protocol by those who helped me, money was sent from Uk to my mum after several frustration to send.
In a week plus, i got called her by the house help that money got debited and she was never the one. Up to 3.8m.
I was really mad and start making contacts, both in the Bank and Tel. Company, then the clear pictures was gotten, then i involved the right security agents, he was bursted in a hotel.

At the end of the day, 3.8 was recovered back as he got enough from his balance from other victims, but i parted away with almost 300k for job well done. But in sane country, i'm not suppose to pay, but at thesame time, nothing goes for nothing in nigeria.
Re: Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters by aylive02(m): 5:38am On Feb 14, 2022
Please I am in this too. First Bank debited me on the 12th of February too. The description of the transaction was "sportybet" which I never gave anyone my ATM card. Note: the bank didn't send me an OTP to notify me someone is trying to defraud me. I only got a debit message of 5k, 20k, 1k, and 1k respectively.

(1) (Reply)

Mama, Papa, Didn't Want To Go. They Made Me." Rus Soldier Captured In Ukraine / Black Saturday In Port Harcourt, Over 50 Dead In 'shop For Free' Stampede (video / Blind Man Beheads Wife For Threatening To Divorce Him (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.