Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,101 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:56 AM

Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report (49697 Views)

Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV / How Putin Has Amassed A Staggering 6 Thousand Nuclear Weapons / Russia Set To Invade Ukraine At 1AM With Massive Missile Blitz & 200,000 Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 9:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
baralatie:

Turkey is a NATO member
Is it okay to station nuclear weapons there?
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by baralatie(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
Is it okay to station nuclear weapons there?
As a NATO member with a strong seat!
Yes!
Most especially if it is in Direct conflict with Iran, Syria

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by ken6488(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
jrusky:
Let Putin try it first and let's see if he and his millitary will survive it.

I hate bulliers with passion. How dare him to say a country on its own has no right to join NATO, how dare him? Ukraine is no longer in USSR but a country of its own with his own leader and identity.

Let him try it first. Sadam tried it with Kuwait where is him today?

In any war both side will count casualties and if he think all his useless hypersonic, Panasonic, Phillipsonic, LGsonic, wingersonic, bicyclesonic craps will only destroy Ukrain and wont have effect on Russia he is a big joker.

I used to love him alot before but when he lost his bearing and got drunk by power clamping down on everyone on his path I moved away from him.
Those rules doesn't apply to supper powers

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
baralatie:

As a NATO member with a strong seat!
Yes!
Most especially if it is in Direct conflict with Iran, Syria
nuclear weapons against a non nuclear armed states? You lot are hypocrite...
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by baralatie(m): 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
nuclear weapons against a non nuclear armed states? You lot are hypocrite...
Is that not what Russia against Ukraine is?
Or does Ukraine have nuclear weapons?
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
baralatie:

Is that not what Russia against Ukraine is?
Or does Ukraine have nuclear weapons?
you keep shifting the goal post. US wouldn't allow Russian weapons stationed in the Americas, you now want to place advance weapon systems at Russia's doorstep, it doesn't work that way. Since you want to continue living in denial, I'm sorry I can't help you.
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by ken6488(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

What was Russia's reason for Georgia 2008 and Crimea 2014 was it about NATO? The reason why Ukraine is wanting to join NATO is it not because of the fear of crimes and a threat to their sovereignty.
What exactly happened to the sovereignty of Ukraine to decide what it wants?
Seams you don't understand Russian

Georgia was oppressing ethnic Russians

Cremea (ethnic Russian land)

Russia only protecting the interest of Russians

And are ready to crush any one who stands on their way
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by okorogodwin4(m): 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
Fake news there will no war
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by baralatie(m): 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
you keep shifting the goal post. US wouldn't allow Russian weapons stationed in the Americas, you now want to place advance weapon systems at Russia's doorstep, it doesn't work that way. Since you want to continue living in denial, I'm sorry I can't help you.
Denial me!
All this bruhaha about Russia and us over over Ukraine has been trashed long ago before this scenario occured!
The Russia should have killed the story but they did not!
So here we are!
Which ever way if Russia invades it brings NATO right on its doorstep ever closer!
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
baralatie:

Denial me!
All this bruhaha about Russia and us over over Ukraine has been trashed long ago before this scenario occured!
The Russia should have killed the story but they did not!
So here we are!
Which ever way if Russia invades it brings NATO right on its doorstep ever closer!
kill what story exactly? Bring NATO closer? You and I know that's a pipe dream.... Going forward, no move eastward expansion of NATO and their terrorist affiliate. I hope they get the message the Russians are passing across.
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Great0ne1: 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
silverlinen:

And keep your sense off reading my comment, if you weren't taught to air your opinion without bullying someone else's own.
I don't want you to continue to embarras yourself
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by baralatie(m): 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
kill what story exactly? Bring NATO closer? You and I know that's a pipe dream.... Going forward, no move eastward expansion of NATO and their terrorist affiliate. I hope they get the message the Russians are passing across.
All Russia has to do is to invade Ukraine!
Just too easy
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
You keep sounding like a kindergarten..
You insult anyone that disagrees with you. who is the child
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
baralatie:

All Russia has to do is to invade Ukraine!
Just too easy
Just like in Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Panama, Nicaragua, Cuba, Syria, Lybia et Al. You make me laugh.
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
Oga, go back to your history books. US stationed nuclear weapons in Turkey too.
You are all over the place. the Cuban missile crisis has been resolved.
What is happening in Ukraine has no bearing with the Cuban missile crisis. If Russia goes to war with Ukraine, it would be for nothing. Ukraine has not been admitted as a Nato nation, Nato has not placed nuclear warheads in Ukraine. Would Russia go to war on the basis that Ukraine applied to be a Nato member?

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by baralatie(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
Just like in Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Panama, Nicaragua, Cuba, Syria, Lybia et Al. You make me lie.
Like I said all Russia has tondo is invade Ukraine!
And it is too easy for Us and Nato
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
tctrills:

You are all over the place. the Cuban missile crisis has been resolved.
What is happening in Ukraine has no bearing with the Cuban missile crisis. If Russia goes to war with Ukraine, it would be for nothing. Ukraine has not been admitted as a Nato nation, Nato has not placed nuclear warheads in Ukraine. Would Russia go to war on the basis that Ukraine applied to be a Nato member?
You are still shifting the goal post. Ukraine applies to be a NATO member, NATO admits Ukraine, collective defense, then NATO infrastructure and troops are stationed just across the border.... It would NEVER happen.... E. O. D
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Krismas:
grin If NATO has no intention of attacking Russia, then why is NATO admitting former USSR countries as members? Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ? Members of defunct Warsaw Pact Bulgaria, Slovenia and Romania? Why are u deceiving urself?
Well in the over 70 years of Nato, it has never attacked Russia. Also, The Warsaw pact is dead. These countries are no longer a part of the USSR. None of the countries you mentioned have been hostile to Russia.
Nato does not need LATVIA to fight Russia. None of the countries you mentioned strengthens Nato in a war against Russia. What is your point with Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania?

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:

The US is looking to install missile systems in Ukraine

It has everything to do with Cuba because it's the exact same scenario. It's even worse because Cuba doesn't share boundary with US while Ukraine shares a boundary with RUssia. Ukraine is even a part of the Russian territory under USSR

Bringing weapons into same space as another country like RUssia is an act of aggresion. The US will never allow Russia to build a weapons base anywhere near the US mainland so why should Russia allow them?

Putin has said he wont go to war with Ukraine unless they choose to join NATO. Russia will invade Ukraine, and the US wont do anything. Same situation played out in Crimea and, after all the media brouhaha from the US, the US still did nothing
You are talking from both sides of your mouth.
Now you say the US would do nothing if Russia invades Ukraine, formerly, you were making Us the aggressor.
By your words, NATO is clearly not the problem. NATO does not want war with Russia
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
You are still shifting the goal post. Ukraine applies to be a NATO member, NATO admits Ukraine, collective defense, then NATO infrastructure and troops are stationed just across the border.... It would NEVER happen.... E. O. D
The US is even pulling out their few hundred troops from Ukraine and you should check your facts, NATO has not admitted Ukraine.
Nato infrastructure is not in Ukraine. Where are you getting these fake news?

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by VirileNelly2420: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
okeysoninv:
hahaha Russia nuke is Syria ..you can Google. S400 are there too. What do you know self mtcheeew
s400 is a defense system o, not nuke.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
tctrills:

The US is even pulling out their few hundred troops from Ukraine and you should check your facts, NATO has not admitted Ukraine.
Nato infrastructure is not in Ukraine. Where are you getting these fake news?
SMH. You seem not to get a simple illustration which was a follow up to your earlier quote.
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
SMH. You seem not to get a simple illustration which was a follow up to your earlier quote.
Oga take it easy I am not the enemy. what is your point?
Nato and the Us are clearly not the aggressors here. Ukraine isn't a member of NATO and going to war would be tactical stupidity on the Russian front.
Russia has become increasingly less significant and they are trying to act important.
Countries as small as South Korea and Canada have bigger economies these days. The glory days of Mother Russia are over. This is just a show of relivance.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Quelme: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
tctrills:

Oga take it easy I am not the enemy. what is your point?
Nato and the Us are clearly not the aggressors here. Ukraine isn't a member of NATO and going to war would be tactical stupidity on the Russian front.
Russia has become increasingly less significant and they are trying to act important.
Countries as small as South Korea and Canada have bigger economies these days. The glory days of Mother Russia are over. This is just a show of relivance.
Ukraine and Russia are one Slavic people.... US and their stooges better accept defeat. This is not the Russia of the 90s under Boris Yeltsin...
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by nijanigga: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
Wawelexy:

Even the us military would dare not say this thing u just typed.... Tell me why biden is tryna withdraw all his citizens in Ukraine? Seems u don't understand what we saying here, MASSIVE destruction ahead, as in, not as if we re debating on who would win but both parties would be hit badly if not the world at large...
So if you be nigerian president you no evacuate or tell civilians Nigeria to leave ? You've failed already
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by nijanigga: 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
VirileNelly2420:
Too many educated illiterate in Nigeria
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by tctrills: 11:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
Quelme:
Ukraine and Russia are one Slavic people.... US and their stooges better accept defeat. This is not the Russia of the 90s under Boris Yeltsin...
Yes Ukrainians are Slavic not slaves to Russia. It's not like Russia has made some mad advancements since Boris Yeltsin. They would be overtaken by China as the world's second most powerful military in less than five years. They are a mineral-based economy and cant afford sanctions from the west.
Russia isn't really as great as you think. When was the last time you used an item from Russia? Russia is a vast, natural endowed country with bd leaders and is so poorly run.
A war with Ukraine would be to the advantage of the US. It would be a prolonged war and would further weaken Russia. Let Putin do whatever he wants. The cards are in his hands.

1 Like

Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Krismas(m): 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
tctrills:

Well in the over 70 years of Nato, it has never attacked Russia. Also, The Warsaw pact is dead. These countries are no longer a part of the USSR. None of the countries you mentioned have been hostile to Russia.
Nato does not need LATVIA to fight Russia. None of the countries you mentioned strengthens Nato in a war against Russia. What is your point with Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania?
grin Sorry u know nothing about NATO. Just advice them next time u see them to stay out of Eastern Europe
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Krismas(m): 11:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
baralatie:

Because Britain sailors came late to the sailing extravaganza
grin Really? Then how come the Vikings didn’t know about America also?
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by Karnice600: 2:56am On Feb 14, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

You don't like russians because they oppress sovereign nations? I challenge you to go and start reading the history of USA. I almost guarantee you that you will start liking the russians, as do I. Because like you, I used to be brainwashed into thinking the russians are the bad guys.

The USA did much, much worse than Russia is currently doing. The western media's tries to cover all of it and I'll tell you they actually succeeded. But then, if you go deep, you will definitely see books or even articles that explain their brutal history.

Anyway, since you claim russia doesn't respect other countries sovereignty. Let me give you a few examples of when USA attempted and did far worse of what Russia is currently doing with Ukraine. USA even killed their own citizens to make it seem like it is other "sovereign" countries that did it, to justify invasion.

in 1898, for instance, the US exploded USS Maine in Havana killing 266 American mariners to blame and declaring war on Spain.

Please I advice you to Google operation north woods. Operation Northwoods was a proposed false flag operation against American citizens that originated within
the US Department of Defense of the United States government in 1962.
The proposals called for the CIA operatives to both stage and actually commit acts of terrorism against American military and civilian targets , blaming them on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. Ukraine...sound familiar??

Now you see that Cuba that I mentioned? That country Don see hell fire for USA hand. I'm willing to write about the suffering that was meted upon them by USA, but I'll leave that for another day. Let me talk about NATO, USA, RUSSIA & UKRAINE.

So many of you nairalanders actually think Russia is the aggressor and the cause of the current tension. Well that is false! NATO and the USA are both the problem. Here do you know why? Well, the West been led by the USA had been expanding its DS Military infrastructure footprint throughout Europe; deploying NATO nuclear missiles, U.S. missile defense systems and special forces along Russia’s doorstep.
Putin hasn’t been toppling governments in Eastern Europe, installing proxies, or deploying Russian missiles and Soviet defense systems. As you nairalanders make it seem. It’s been the West, moving East. Since the end of the Cold War, the West has been systematically cutting Russia off from the rest of the world, using NATO.

What’s happening in Ukraine today is the same thing that happened in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. please go and read about the Cuban missile crisis if you can. America put nuclear missiles in Italy and Turkey. The Soviet Union ‘RESPONDED’ by putting missiles in the Caribbean (via submarines) and Cuba.
America learned about the Soviet missiles in the Caribbean and Cuba and freaked out bc of the extremely close proximity of the Soviets’ military infrastructure. With Soviet missiles that close, America would not have sufficient time to analyze, evaluate and respond to a potential threat. America went nuts, demanded the Soviets immediately remove the missiles.
The Soviets had made the same complaints and demands about America’s nuclear missiles in Italy and Turkey. The United States said those missiles were defensive. After the Soviets responded in kind putting the same in the Caribbean and Cuba, America said the missiles were an aggressive threat.
The Cuban Missile Crisis had begun. The Soviets were not the aggressors, they were the respondent.
The United States wasn’t having it and began plans to invade Cuba, put 100,000 plus troops on Florida beaches, set up an illegal Naval blockade in the Caribbean blocking all ships from reaching Cuba and the United States, flew Spy Planes over Cuba (which got shot down, killing Air Force Pilot Rudolph Anderson). The U.S. also attacked Soviet submarines which were lawfully patrolling in international water and hadn’t fired on anyone.
Pretty hypocritical, right?
The Soviets were simply responding in kind, and refused to back down. In the end, in order to avoid nuclear war, America agreed to remove its nuclear missiles from Italy and Turkey, and thereafter the Soviets agreed to remove its missiles from Cuba, restoring the status quo and balance of power to the position the parties were in before America dramatically expanded its military footprint.
Today, we see the EXACT SAME scenario happening. The West has been building up its NATO footprint, putting NATO weapons, nuclear missiles, missile defense systems and special forces in former Soviet states.
Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan we’re a step too far for Putin inasmuch as this is literally on the doorstep of Russia.
Putin has amassed his extraordinary military machinery and has told the world that NATO missiles are NOT going into Ukraine. Putin has also demanded the West remove its missiles from the former Soviet states surrounding Russia.
Sound familiar!
Putin will win this battle, NATO and the rest of the world will agree to restore the status quo and remove NATO missiles. If the Biden / NATO missiles currently on their way actually enter Ukraine, you will see Putin respond with the use of his vast military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWW3sbk4EU

Lalasticlacla, Mynd44 move to fp for people to be enlightened

Enlightened? funny.
No country is a saint. Not even the Scandinavians. Listen..,
Sometime ago, somewhere in Lagos, I was a kid, playing around with peers. Then we had this calm 'Aboki' who traded sweets, snacks , in their usual way. He was so free with us such that we could play around him, irrespective of the age difference. I found myself asking him some questions one evening. I called him abokina and he snapped back. He said he wasn't abokina cos he's not a Nigerian, but a Nigerien from Niger Republic. I asked him why he prefers trading in Nigeria and he said Niger was poor with few opportunities, that only the 'Gadaffi boys' enjoy because they had money. I got more inquisitive and asked him who the 'Gadaffi boys' were and why he wasn't one of them. He said he used to be one of them but gave it up because of his conscience. He explained how they were routinely sent weapons in trucks, stuffed in bags containing market wares and huge sums of dollars as compensation. Their jobs were to move into in the Nothern part of Nigeria, (since they already had strong religious affiliations and inter-married themselves,) move into churches or homes in the of the opposite faith and massacre them. He said he had witness his fellows kill children and mothers, and couldn't bear it anymore so he had to seek for greener pastures outside the country. I asked him about the Gadaffi he was referring to and he asked me how many I've heard of. Then Moamar Gadaffi of Libya was still alive. He made it clear he was referring to the Libyan president at the time. My view about Gadaffi immediately changed. Each time I saw his picture on the papers, I saw a demon.
Later on in the future, I see so many people saying Gadaffi was a sound leader that got killed by the West. I hear things like Libya was doing fine until the wicked West took out a prosperous Gadaffi. No one ever saw him to be a Jihadist.
Bottom line is, the West spy on the world with great precision and accuracy. They may not come up plain to give clear proofs about certain issues, but intelligence gathered decides what next step they take on issues. That's why up till date, the US body language can't be understood. They're always sending mixed signals, because they work with other facts and information that the majority misrepresents, misunderstands, overlook or undermine.
Every country have her evils. The US , Russia or China. Run a check, most Nigerians who prefer a Chinese or Russian Super power, likely supported PMB before now...
You can't paint America darker than she is. The healthy minds know this, that the US is the best evil to have among the three.
One more thing, the contention between the
West and Russia or China is more of sustaining and expanding ideologies. Forget all the NATO bla bla. The world learnt from Adolf Hitler, that with an authoritarian state as a super power, the world will return to the barbaric age of land grabbings and other primitive aggressions. Free Journalism would be threatened. Liberalism would be silenced. Any form of Authoritarian government is a threat to the free world as she keeps expanding militarily or economically. Curbing this is what America stands for. They'll apply every measure they can, even if it means playing out of the rules.
If you hate them for that, well its your choice, not a fact.
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by EmmanuelBlaze04: 7:06am On Feb 14, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

You don't like russians because they oppress sovereign nations? I challenge you to go and start reading the history of USA. I almost guarantee you that you will start liking the russians, as do I. Because like you, I used to be brainwashed into thinking the russians are the bad guys.

The USA did much, much worse than Russia is currently doing. The western media's tries to cover all of it and I'll tell you they actually succeeded. But then, if you go deep, you will definitely see books or even articles that explain their brutal history.

Anyway, since you claim russia doesn't respect other countries sovereignty. Let me give you a few examples of when USA attempted and did far worse of what Russia is currently doing with Ukraine. USA even killed their own citizens to make it seem like it is other "sovereign" countries that did it, to justify invasion.

in 1898, for instance, the US exploded USS Maine in Havana killing 266 American mariners to blame and declaring war on Spain.

Please I advice you to Google operation north woods. Operation Northwoods was a proposed false flag operation against American citizens that originated within
the US Department of Defense of the United States government in 1962.
The proposals called for the CIA operatives to both stage and actually commit acts of terrorism against American military and civilian targets , blaming them on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. Ukraine...sound familiar??

Now you see that Cuba that I mentioned? That country Don see hell fire for USA hand. I'm willing to write about the suffering that was meted upon them by USA, but I'll leave that for another day. Let me talk about NATO, USA, RUSSIA & UKRAINE.

So many of you nairalanders actually think Russia is the aggressor and the cause of the current tension. Well that is false! NATO and the USA are both the problem. Here do you know why? Well, the West been led by the USA had been expanding its DS Military infrastructure footprint throughout Europe; deploying NATO nuclear missiles, U.S. missile defense systems and special forces along Russia’s doorstep.
Putin hasn’t been toppling governments in Eastern Europe, installing proxies, or deploying Russian missiles and Soviet defense systems. As you nairalanders make it seem. It’s been the West, moving East. Since the end of the Cold War, the West has been systematically cutting Russia off from the rest of the world, using NATO.

What’s happening in Ukraine today is the same thing that happened in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. please go and read about the Cuban missile crisis if you can. America put nuclear missiles in Italy and Turkey. The Soviet Union ‘RESPONDED’ by putting missiles in the Caribbean (via submarines) and Cuba.
America learned about the Soviet missiles in the Caribbean and Cuba and freaked out bc of the extremely close proximity of the Soviets’ military infrastructure. With Soviet missiles that close, America would not have sufficient time to analyze, evaluate and respond to a potential threat. America went nuts, demanded the Soviets immediately remove the missiles.
The Soviets had made the same complaints and demands about America’s nuclear missiles in Italy and Turkey. The United States said those missiles were defensive. After the Soviets responded in kind putting the same in the Caribbean and Cuba, America said the missiles were an aggressive threat.
The Cuban Missile Crisis had begun. The Soviets were not the aggressors, they were the respondent.
The United States wasn’t having it and began plans to invade Cuba, put 100,000 plus troops on Florida beaches, set up an illegal Naval blockade in the Caribbean blocking all ships from reaching Cuba and the United States, flew Spy Planes over Cuba (which got shot down, killing Air Force Pilot Rudolph Anderson). The U.S. also attacked Soviet submarines which were lawfully patrolling in international water and hadn’t fired on anyone.
Pretty hypocritical, right?
The Soviets were simply responding in kind, and refused to back down. In the end, in order to avoid nuclear war, America agreed to remove its nuclear missiles from Italy and Turkey, and thereafter the Soviets agreed to remove its missiles from Cuba, restoring the status quo and balance of power to the position the parties were in before America dramatically expanded its military footprint.
Today, we see the EXACT SAME scenario happening. The West has been building up its NATO footprint, putting NATO weapons, nuclear missiles, missile defense systems and special forces in former Soviet states.
Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan we’re a step too far for Putin inasmuch as this is literally on the doorstep of Russia.
Putin has amassed his extraordinary military machinery and has told the world that NATO missiles are NOT going into Ukraine. Putin has also demanded the West remove its missiles from the former Soviet states surrounding Russia.
Sound familiar!
Putin will win this battle, NATO and the rest of the world will agree to restore the status quo and remove NATO missiles. If the Biden / NATO missiles currently on their way actually enter Ukraine, you will see Putin respond with the use of his vast military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWW3sbk4EU

Lalasticlacla, Mynd44 move to fp for people to be enlightened
Thanks sir for taking us back to history. The same US that planned the bay of pigs invasion, then after being caught, still proposed the operation Northwood. The same US that went as far as planning to monopolize gaming, drugs and prostitution to cosa nostra hadn't been they had Fidel Castro killed.

To people supporting the US, the case is like this. Let me State a perfect quintessential to this story. Let's say South Africa and Nigeria had been fighting for African Giant since 1945, and then there is a huge hostility provided that we're both big African nations. Then Nigeria got divided into present day Nigeria, Cameroon and Benin. Seeing that, then south Africa should try to place missiles in Cameroon and Benin republic because they're no more part of Nigeria, an act which shouldn't be, especially when south Africa (us) had rejected Nigeria from doing same when Nigeria (Russia) tried to do so in 1962.......
What would be your say?
Re: Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report by okeysoninv: 7:06am On Feb 14, 2022
VirileNelly2420:
oga we are talking about nuke bomber and nuclear capable ballistic missiles .

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Woman Mails Her Pubic Hairs To Donald Trump Over His Vulgar Comments / Man Is Forcefully Bathed In Public By His Friends (Pictures) - Cameroun / The Iron Dome: Israel’s High-Tech Eye In The Sky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.