Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. (50912 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by eaglez(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Reporting him to the HR will compound the problem, sometimes men got to do what they have to do, speak your mind to your boss, I love and salute his courage.
MufasaLion:
I totally understand your situation but I would have not acted like you did, if I were in your situation. People like that should be ignored and avoided at any given chance. You said, he's your immediate boss which means you're probably gonna be reporting to him directly always.

You could have reported him to HR anonymously. Anyways, I'll leave you with two of the Laws of Power :

"Win through your actions, never through an argument."

"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person."

I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Handsum64: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
MufasaLion:
I totally understand your situation but I would have not acted like you did, if I were in your situation. People like that should be ignored and avoided at any given chance. You said, he's your immediate boss which means you're probably gonna be reporting to him directly always.

You could have reported him to HR anonymously. Anyways, I'll leave you with two of the Laws of Power :

I wish you well.
Advisor for Africa
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by bigcee(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Some people will be cool with you but not until you achieve something(no matter how small it's) and they'll immediately switch up on you like you've offended them.

Baba, na your promotion dey pain your boss grin. He now sees you as a threat.

You don't need to worry about his attitude. Just ignore him like he don't exist. But please pray to God to protect you and your job.

He's an asshole!

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
For every action, there's an equal reaction. Your action ain't bad. It's just you didn't take it far far enough.
I'll advice you to imagine the worst from him and prepare your mind.
The only way to prepare for it is, go and identity his house, so that if anything happens to your job, hire some arsonist and burn his house down, including everything he's got. Call me if you need some arsonists.
Don't be scare; be strong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yes, I think ur boss is right. Promotion does not mean that u have overpass ur responsibility. U will still maintain your normal job schedule until a new responsibility/job description is assigned to u.
Also a boss can assign responsibility or delegate jobs to his subordinates at any point in time.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by eaglez(m): 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Op without mincing words, you have done very well, I had similar experience too and since then the guy dey give me my way as a boss self he seldom looks into my eyes to speak to me but please don't make this serial, you have made your points, let humility follow.....wish u the best in your new position.
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.
So he did something that sparked my madness and anger.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
I'm happy I told him his life history.
I'm very excited to have poured my mind out to him.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by DWJOBScom(m): 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
HRSweetness:
Awww willywonder1, you clearly have some growing up to do. This your way no be so oh.

Obviously, your boss feels insecure about your promotion. He probably didn't support it but you were promoted nevertheless and this seems to rile him up.

You need to understand that you should never make your boss feel as though you are trying to outshine him.

As you climb up in the corporate ladder, you are assessed based on your people skills and emotional maturity. Such display of emotions as you did, presents you in a very poor light. Infact any case you may have is dead on arrival and you have given your hater justifiable reasons for his actions.

You should have simply shared your concerns with HR.

Besides, the task you were given, don't you think if you had delegated to the responsible persons meant to carryout the task and supervised the process, you'd have delivered the task without necessarily getting your hands dirty while displaying effective leadership skills, which is expected in this new role?

another smart one
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by SURElee(f): 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.

I got an email that I was to go onboard our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, the next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

So you came here to tell us you blasted your boss? Clap for yourself. You already knew he wasn't happy with your promotion, you tried to broker peace, he wasn't satisfied, now with this, you went to blast him?

Do you know that even if they sent you to a place your level has passed, you could go as a newly promoted staff and go discover things that will put you further on the company radar?

What did Joseph tell his brothers? You meant it for evil but God turned it for good.

God elevated you without you fighting, now you went to fight for yourself and you are saying you are willing to resign.

Did God promote you to go fight, so you could resign after fighting your boss? Don't you know about obeying authority?

Okay, ngwanu make una begin fight both physically and spiritually for the company and then resign afterwards since you have decided to resign.

Resign and then go back home to start jib hunting again. When you job hunt at home for months, wisdom will sink into you las las.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Zorn: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Op learn to be humble.

Humility pays!

You could have done the job without hesitation and you would still be proud of yourself.

Now that you have created unnecessary tension and brought undue attention to yourself I hope you will be matured enough to navigate to a safe berth.

Cheers.
let there be tension so that each party can respect one another. In every environment there must be check and balancing so that no one becomes a slave to the other person.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Enyimbamercedes: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
Well you told him your mind, you should have just backed it up with handing in your resignation.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by dostr4(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
dont forget to update us if he sacked u or not ... being promoted doesnt mean you shoudnt d some duties..most a times it just your presence that matters at that moment
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by ITbomb(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
You acted based on anger and you are claiming you gave him a shocker.

Tomorrow, the man is still sure of his job, you are not.

Under this Buhari, just endure and dey where you dey

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by QuickFunding: 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
reiddecuti:
Was here to see a Val surprise gift... grin grin grin

That could be like your first trial of solutiont , whilst maxing out on more job related efforts if it doesn't work well then... But you didn't sound you ve considered this...
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by alizma: 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
#Peace

You won't get sacked. Sometimes it is better to speak up and I can tell you that thing will likely change for better. If you see him the next day, act like nothing happened, great him and maintain his respect. That will send the clue that you do not disrespect him but you expect him not to disrespect you either.

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Exceed15: 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I quite understand you well. But you see there's limit to which you can be patient. This man literally frustrates my work. He assigns works that I'm not supposed to do at all to me and I do with all diligence. This is an organization, and there are ways things are done. But he wants to always show himself.
I don't regret my action in any way at all.

God will make a way for u bro .

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Barbiturate(m): 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I quite understand you well. But you see there's limit to which you can be patient. This man literally frustrates my work. He assigns works that I'm not supposed to do at all to me and I do with all diligence. This is an organization, and there are ways things are done. But he wants to always show himself.
I don't regret my action in any way at all.

No matter what, you shouldn't have unleashed your anger on your boss, unless offcourse you have a plan B if you lose your job. I learnt the hard way.

My former boss did same to me. I went to report him to a superior (Indian). He was cautioned but that was the beginning of my frustration.
One day I did the same thing you did, but I suffered more for it. He made my stay miserable and made the environment toxic for me. There was a day he said he will show me why they named him Akin.

I wasn't patient enough, so I had to resign. A year later, he resigned too. If I had been calm, patient and tolerant, I would have taken his position.

Getting another job was hell, after I resigned. In fact I'm still searching......after how many years!

You need to go back and apologize to him. Try to be patient and tolerate him. You will win someday.

Oga e ni, gba fun

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by drealcivilceno(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Op learn to be humble.

Humility pays!

You could have done the job without hesitation and you would still be proud of yourself.

Now that you have created unnecessary tension and brought undue attention to yourself I hope you will be matured enough to navigate to a safe berth.

Cheers.

Ekula!

His job is on the line already and most times promotions always leads to disaster unless your uncle/father is behind you!

So it is better he did what he has done to hasten the process of whether he stays or leaves!

I have said this thing...

You are in a company not because you are good or bad at your job. It is because they need you.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by drealcivilceno(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Barbiturate:

No matter what, you shouldn't have unleashed your anger on your boss, unless offcourse you have a plan B if you lose your job. I learnt the hard way.

My former boss did same to me. I went to report him to a superior (Indian). He was cautioned but that was the beginning of my frustration.
One day I did the same thing you did, but I suffered more for it. He made my stay miserable and made the environment toxic for me. There was a day he said he will show me why they named him Akin.

I wasn't patient enough, so I had to resign. A year later, he resigned too. If I had been calm, patient and tolerant, I would have taken his position.

Getting another job was hell, after I resigned. In fact I'm still searching......after how many years!

You need to go back and apologize to him. Try to be patient and tolerate him. You will win someday.

Oga e ni, gba fun

You should have left when it started except you are ready to lick ass and buy food for that frustrated person!

I went, I saw and played the game, I was conquered twice.

If the owner does not see a problem with your head, then you should leave coz that company is toxic!
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by SavageResponse(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:
For every action, there's an equal reaction. Your action ain't bad. It's just you didn't take it far far enough.
I'll advice you to imagine the worst from him and prepare your mind.
The only way to prepare for it is, go and identity his house, so that if anything happens to your job, hire some arsonist and burn his house down, including everything he's got. Call me if you need some arsonists.
Don't be scare; be strong.

You are less than a wild animal... unfortunately you have no one to tell you!
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by drealcivilceno(m): 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Zorn:
let there be tension so that each party can respect one another. In every environment there must be check and balancing so that no one becomes a slave to the other person.

One bottle of Moet for you!
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by drealcivilceno(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:
Well you told him your mind, you should have just backed it up with handing in your resignation.

Too much ooh!
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Gallantftroof: 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Op please I have 1000 tons barge in apapa. If you have any connect just reach me please
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by lekonso: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
You should have gone to do that assigned job without any complaint. You know what will happen eventually, that your boss would have been sacked and you will be given his position. No one does evil unjustifiedly to another without suffering it back in return. But now you have fought for yourself, you didn't allow God to fight for you.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by clefkelly(m): 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Learn to control your temper in all situation no matter what is involved.
Never loose it. Your Boss is obviously smarter than you and he is playing a game of chess with you, however you are deploying checkers strategy.
I will advise you read books on office politics, most importantly learn how to pay the chess game.
Peace.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by KiNg0G: 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
rickpat:
"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person".....I LOVE THIS
you missed the real one.

NEVER OUTPLAYED THE MASTER
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by KiNg0G: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
rickpat:
"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person".....I LOVE THIS
you missed the real one.

NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by underpinna: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
Totally understand your anger. I did same to a fellow staff yesterday in the presence of my manager but the manager quietly went inside.

I have rejected roles by senior staffs that my name don cast for manager table only God is doing the wonder for me but most of these people, I don't fight them o. Na coded quarrel we dey do.

Hope you have enough money saved sha. Las Las, we go leave this ship to another.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by salt1: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
MufasaLion:

I wish you well.

Win through your actions, never through an argument.
Know who you're dealing with, don't offend the wrong person
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by aribisala0(m): 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
youngsahito:
Every job has their JD. Let him give u job within your description. I believe that he is jealous of your promotion. Evil man!!!
Imagine!!
Wisdom is far from you

You hear one side of a story and you are calling another person evil on top what you did not witness

The OP naturally will paint himself as a good guy and victim. There are two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in between.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by moneyissweet(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
For this buhari gunment? Op you Bleep up.The shock you should have given to him is to gladly to the assignment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Electrician Climbs A Pole In Her Hijab (Photos) / Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.